LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
greekbeachgirl
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8012
  • Reward points: 10
RE: UPDATED BANNER INFO FOR AKUMAL 2006/02/25 10:17:22 (permalink)
how do we contact library maggie?? e-mail? PM?
we arrive sat 25th [march] and would like the Banner for monday 27th..we can get it from the library monday am??

"Thanks to all of you, cancer sucks less"

Beachey
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4792
  • Reward points: 1679
RE: UPDATED BANNER INFO FOR AKUMAL 2006/03/11 19:20:34 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: greekbeachgirl

we arrive sat 25th [march] and would like the Banner for monday 27th..we can get it from the library monday am??

Terri, I believe I read a post somewhere that said it was best to e-mail her as she doesn't get on LG an awful lot. You can get her e-mail from the library blog site. Here is the link to that:
http://www.hekabbe.blogspot.com/

You probably should be carrying your cooler with you when you go to pick it up, as this proves you are an LG cooler carrying member, as those are the only people who are supposed to be able to check it out of the library!!!
post edited by beachlovers - 2006/03/11 20:26:04

You can't drink all day if you don't start early!!

cja
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 584
  • Reward points: 0
RE: UPDATED BANNER INFO FOR AKUMAL 2006/03/14 15:12:08 (permalink)

GBG....don't forget to take your library card with you so you can check it out!!!

"Men don't have hot flashes - they have power surges!"

greekbeachgirl
LocoGringo Customer
RE: UPDATED BANNER INFO FOR AKUMAL 2006/03/14 16:39:16 (permalink)
GOT IT !!!

ORIGINAL: cja

GBG....don't forget to take your library card with you so you can check it out!!!

MN Spirit!
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: UPDATED BANNER INFO FOR AKUMAL 2006/04/25 11:56:15 (permalink)
MN Spirit! here and wondering if it is possible to get the banner sent to MN for our L.G. gathering on Sat. May 6th???

Who shall I PM with my real name and address??

Thanks a bunch! Hope it works out to get it here for us!

Those who don't believe "getting there is half the fun," don't Loco Gringo!
greekbeachgirl
LocoGringo Customer
RE: UPDATED BANNER INFO FOR AKUMAL 2006/04/27 09:59:44 (permalink)
hi MN! Spirit....you need to contact Wanwell the official Banner shipper extraordinaire....

YANKEE
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 906
RE: UPDATED BANNER INFO FOR AKUMAL 2006/05/02 06:36:07 (permalink)
Just PM'd Wanwell for the banner for August 26 for the first Atlantic Canadian LG Party...It will be in Ontario the weekend before..so it won't have to travel too far![:D]

aj8830
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 334
  • Reward points: 2360
RE: UPDATED BANNER INFO FOR AKUMAL 2006/05/12 14:22:35 (permalink)
Wanwell --- requesting banner for another Texas fiesta on June 10. I'll send a PM too. Thanks!

Wanwell
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 145
  • Reward points: 83
RE: UPDATED BANNER INFO FOR AKUMAL 2006/05/23 17:32:03 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: aj8830

Wanwell --- requesting banner for another Texas fiesta on June 10. I'll send a PM too. Thanks!

Hey all,

the Banner will be in Texas with aj8830 for the 6/10 bash.

She is going to hang onto it while MsAzul, Nauggie and I take a little vacation.

If anyone needs it prior to July 1st please PM aj8830
Jeanne
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6018
  • Reward points: 1442
RE: UPDATED BANNER INFO FOR AKUMAL 2006/05/23 18:19:32 (permalink)
Hey all you partiers! Don't forget your donation coolers for the Tortuga/Reef Project! I was reminded today by one of the CEA staff that money should be coming in soon from LG parties that have been going on recently. Hopefully! If you have any questions about how to get the $ to the correct person at the CEA please either pm or email me. I'm HAPPY to help![;)]

Jeanne

Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been - J.B.
u/d
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 257
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/07/06 18:32:31 (permalink)
We are preparing to have an LG'fest at the Home of the LG'fest...Loveland Colorado!

Early September... so mark your calendar and make sure we get the banner!!!!

Thanks guys...

u/d[:D]

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." ---Albert Einstein
greekbeachgirl
LocoGringo Customer
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/07/06 18:52:48 (permalink)
then we'll need it shipped to Calgary for the October party ! !
thanks for reminding me ! ! !

ChicagoCraig
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 19961
  • Reward points: 507
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/12 17:01:52 (permalink)
Requesting banner for Midwest Regional Fiesta on November 4th in Chicago.
Wanwell
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 145
  • Reward points: 83
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/12 18:30:26 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: CHICAGOCRAIG

Requesting banner for Midwest Regional Fiesta on November 4th in Chicago.

got it
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13675
  • Reward points: 1475
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/26 18:46:38 (permalink)
Geez, I don't know why anyone would flame you. You have provided an LG service, as you said, at your expense. I understand your feelings about some of the stuff that happens on the Edge. I don't read most of what's there - just not worth it. Thank you for the time you have spent as the banner shipper, it is appreciated.

AASB 2016 and 2017 were tons of fun! All ready for AASB 2018!
Jeanne
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6018
  • Reward points: 1442
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/26 18:59:01 (permalink)
I'm speechless right now Wanwell........ So sad that LocoGringo has come to this isn't it? [:(] Right now I'm not one of the most popular people here, only because I was trying to keep the "old" LocoGringo from 2 years ago and 1 year ago and 6 months ago alive also... Very sad indeed....to know that someone as good as you are has finally given up....

Jeanne

Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been - J.B.
MexicanVirgins
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1620
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/26 19:48:10 (permalink)
So sorry to hear of that, but do respect your notion of not being the banner keeper..I have had the pleasure of signing 2 banners myself..One in the Roo and one that was shipped to the Ontario Lg fest in August..As well as it can get quite expensive sending the banners to all requested locations..Thanks for the time that you put in already for doing this selfless service for all the people of Locogringo...Julie
post edited by MexicanVirgins - 2006/09/26 21:15:55

[

CoffeeGrounded
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2512
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/26 20:09:33 (permalink)
Thanks for taking on the responsiblity, Wanwell, for the period of time that you handled this beloved item. Your effort was appreciated, but unfortunately, now its a bit late to express gratitude. Not only did you pay to handle this treasure, but you tolerated friction in the process. My apologies for my part in the mayhem.

ORIGINAL: Wanwell

I'm done being the banner guy.

the hate between members on the "edge" have finished me.

the Politics, and religion crap has me done. This forum is not the same as it was 6 months ago, a year ago, 5 years ago

I spent the day reviewing the past year's posts. really not a fun time. Not why I would book from LG

I've been shipping the party banner at my own expense for a while now.

I need someone else to step up

I'm done

flame me all you want
MexicanVirgins
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1620
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/26 20:27:21 (permalink)
I totally agree with you on all reasons for not wanting to due this...I just wanted to say thanks for doing it out of kindness...I tried to pm but obviously couldn't get through..And no I didn't missunderstand..Thanks again..Julie

[

ChicagoCraig
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 19961
  • Reward points: 507
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/26 20:38:37 (permalink)
It very unfortunate to lose such a big player in the LG circle.

The unfortunate thing is the fact that the hatred is generated by folks who don't contribute at all, not one bit, on the vacation board.

There is still tons of good information being exchanged on the main board...and very unfortunate that the edge has cast such a huge shadow of everything LG.....Hell...I'm still a rookie officially here....so I can only imagine a place without the mudslinging.

Kay and Gary don't deserve any of it. It sucks for them to lose any bookings because of the edge....but it has become a political forum for some. Can't understand why?

I'm considering being the keeper of the banner. Please PM me with some details.

Thanks for all you've done. Please throw away the trash and reconsider.
nets
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1686
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/26 21:49:54 (permalink)
I had no idea this was going on please, please stay. People like me want you here. Don't go!!!!!!!
shape shifter 47
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 10342
  • Reward points: 445
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/26 22:01:35 (permalink)
Yes the Edge does have it's problems....and it is sad the way some react to other and flame them when they do not agree with what is being said....

The Edge is for topics that area little colorful at times, be it politics or religion, both topic that can be difficult to discuss face to face, and even more dangerous to discuss when you can hide behind a screen name.
It is sad that a handful have made the Edge their own playground, but that is the way it is at this time.

I have to also agree that some on the Edge do not take the time to join in helping new travelers and give advise to the first time visitor to Roo.
There is also those on the Edge that rarely participate in fund raisers of any sort. Do they visit the library and donate, maybe not, do they see the real beauty that is found in the people and creatures of Roo....I doubt it....but we have to remember, that is thier choice, not ours..and it is thier loss, not ours.

LG is made up of folks from all walks of life and the thing we have in common is our love for Roo and our friendship for each other and this should be maintained at all cost. We can not allow a few to destory what we have here......let them do what they want and in time they will tire and go play elsewhere.

I have rambled on long enough, we don't want to see a friend leave due to others, stay with us....let someone take over the banner for a while...
You have given a lot....and we thank you.
post edited by shape shifter 47 - 2006/09/27 10:37:03

gary "coolerman" & martha
Banking off of a northeast wind, sailing on a summer breeze
Marco Antonio
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 325
  • Reward points: 282
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/27 00:09:46 (permalink)
Wanwell,

Thanks for all that you've done. The webcams at the LocoGringo parties in Colorado. The worldwide shipping of the banner at the whim of LocoGringos across the globe. Your relentless willingness to help others explore and dig life in Quintana Roo..........

I now pronounce you: Relieved of your duties amigo!

'PRAAANNNGGG!' A little angel came up on the end of your bed and hit you on the head with her wand......."Give the LocoGringo Banner to those that follow in your footsteps. Be proud amigo and let go of the torch with dignity..........Life is short...Swim Hard!"

The little angel smiled and so did Mrs Azul.........."Why Wanwell......why didn't you tell me that you were painting my bedrooooooommmmmm?" She looked at Him and He looked at Her. She smiled........He smiled.......Then in fleeting breaths, they both smiled....JEJEJE.

And the oft-signed banner is once more a traveling legend. Who will shelter it for a short while?

Will Maggie hide it in her litter box? Will Rosalita cover it up with a pink nightie? Will Knead-a-beach use it as a sunscreen over her new deck? Will Margarita cover Marcos' body with it and drop him into the deep end of Horsetooth Resevoir, or Half Moon Bay? Will Michelle show Marco how to use it as a beer bong? Will The Hawk sell it on Ebay? Will Red-Sky-At-Night use it as a windshield sunscreen on her rental Tsuru? Will Craig-in-Wisconsin use it for a drop cloth in the Monkey Reserve? Will ChicagoCraig rent it out with a guaranteed taxi return-ride in the Roo? Will Diggummm try to smoke it? Will SteveO or Wes242 try photograph the future finality of it all? Will Lazaro use it to entice LocoGringo Chicatina to visit his Villa on Bahia Soliman?.......So many questions and such an unsure future for the banner.....

Marco Antonio

Only those who step forward will know for sure.................
suzieq
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6742
  • Reward points: 374
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/27 06:39:55 (permalink)
Wanwell you have done a wonderful job of caring for and monitoring the banner and I thank you so much for your time,effort and cost. I feel it is important to say it.
Unfortunately LG has had a rough ride the last bit and it has been very disheartening at times for sure. I still do believe however that there are so many more good folks on here with positive energy,good info to give and support for each other during good and bad times and lots that have worked hours on different projects for LG and for other charitable organizations in Roo. Many wonderful friendships have been made too. I still believe that that out weighs all the bad stuff that has happened on the Edge and that has at times leaked out onto the main boards.
I guess we need to start stepping out of our comfort zone and speak up when things get out of hand... even on the edge. Please continue to be a part of that positive force that is still very much alive and well on this board. Thank you to all members that have taken the time to answer questions,give advice,give support,love and friendship and have taken the high road. And you all know who you are.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 28970
  • Reward points: 1351
RE: LG banner info - UPDATED for Akumal Banner 2006/09/27 07:46:27 (permalink)
If I have/do ever say anything that leads to the above feelings please just let me know. I know that at times I have been unable to stop myself from responding to some of the talk when i feel another viewpoint needs to be shown or if people are just being to argumentative I have on occasion been unable to restrain myself from commenting.

I would never want anyone to feel badly about this place on my account so please just let me know. I promise I would not get upset.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5