Kayak Rental?

Author
Amber A
  • Total Posts : 54
  • Reward points: 2345
2019/02/26 11:36:13 (permalink)

Kayak Rental?

One thing that I have never done on our previous trips to the area is snorkel Soliman Bay.  This trip I want to make it happen.  Given that there will probably be a lot of sargassum in June, I wanted to use a kayak to get out to the bay.  In the past I know the only way to get a kayak was if you were renting a house/condo on Soliman Bay and they provided it for you with the rental.

We are staying in Akumal but will have a rental car.  Was hoping to be able to rent a kayak a snorkel near the reef.  Is there anywhere on the beach that does this now?  We will definitely go to Chamicos for lunch and drinks to have access to the bay so I was hoping that maybe they rented some now.  If not, any other suggestions?

This is our first trip back to Akumal with my whole family in several years so just looking for a few different things to do since we found out about the sargassum in the area.  We almost cancelled, but decided there was so much more than just the beaches and we figure we would still have a blast!

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply Related Threads

Kay
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 2528
    • Reward points: 1830
    Re: Kayak Rental? 2019/02/28 13:18:29 (permalink)
    If you rent a place on Soliman Bay, many properties have kayaks you can use, but if you were just going for the day there is no place I know that would allow you to use their kayak. 

For Kayak rentals in Akumal, there used to be kayaks for rent but the equipment is very expensive, maintenance so they stopped renting kayaks.
    Why don't you just stay in Soliman Bay for a few days?  We can help you find a place that suitable with a kayak. 

Stalk me on:
    FacebookPinterestInstagram
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5