Helpful ReplyHot!Forums and facebook

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Kay
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 2532
  • Reward points: 1719
Re: Forums and facebook 2018/12/14 14:24:12 (permalink)
Darren

About the aerial tours... those were really neat, especially when locating bucket list spots in relation to the condo!  Have you ever considered using drones to capture these photos?

yes, we have considered it. However its a big coastline and it is a sizeable investment an undertaking since it is weather permitting, etc. 

Stalk me on:
FacebookPinterestInstagram
Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7485
  • Reward points: 2083
Re: Forums and facebook 2018/12/18 05:54:33 (permalink)
Kay,

I am forever appreciative of the forums.. for what I have learned of the area, and the real friendships I have made. You were FB before FB was FB!

My mother always said she would never give up her rotary dial wall phone. Then one day AT&T came and ripped it out. Soon after she had a cordless she couldn't live without. People don't like change, nothing new there. 

My opinion is, do what makes business sense for Loco Gringo. 

I do not book through you because I can't see availability online and cannot book online without email back and forth. Although I know from experience your customer service is #1.

Thanks.

Bosco

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
Kay
Administrator
Re: Forums and facebook 2018/12/19 12:46:45 (permalink)
Bosco
Kay,

I do not book through you because I can't see availability online and cannot book online without email back and forth. Although I know from experience your customer service is #1.

Thanks.

Bosco

Bosco, depending on what properties we do have online availability.  We do have express booking features for some places as well.  We certainly want to offer services as quickly as possible, but we do believe in the human experience and like working directly with folks. 

My best to you. 
Kay

Stalk me on:
Craig in WI
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4150
  • Reward points: 1481
Re: Forums and facebook 2018/12/31 13:47:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I do use facebook, but usually only when someone I know has something to say...I get emails about those...and pretty much never post anything myself there.  Unfortunately I'm only on here once in a blue moon...my bad.  I'd miss being able to check in from time to time, though.  Kathy and I still love Akumal, but what with the sargassum blooms (which have been there all through our last two trips down) and the new resort, not to mention the shipping containers, it's just lost some of its appeal.  Aah for the good old days of 1998-2010 (or so)!
post edited by Craig in WI - 2018/12/31 13:57:07

Tricky
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
  • Reward points: 1792
Re: Forums and facebook 2019/01/06 07:47:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I would probably participate more, but it would alter my material.

So the 24 karat brilliance I deal here would be different, probably not quite as rad.
Roobeachgirl
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points: 1979
Re: Forums and facebook 2019/01/11 16:42:47 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I used to spend a lot of time on LocoGringo but there were a few know-it-alls that were constantly talking down to people. I just couldn't take it anymore (LOL) so I stepped away.  I did join the Akumal You Gotta Love It Facebook group but unfortunately, the worst offender also joined the group.  Im just fine with people who know a lot - it was the condescending answers & bitchy tone she uses to answer peoples questions that I didn't like.  Sadly, I don't think people like this can be avoided.  I still love Akumal and the area and continue to vacation there.  I would join a LG FB group and give it a try.
TeriA
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points: 1824
Re: Forums and facebook 2019/01/13 04:01:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I would love to see a FB group for LG.  Count me in. 

" title=" ">

Seagoat
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5015
  • Reward points: 1786
Re: Forums and facebook 2019/01/14 14:27:03 (permalink)
Roobeachgirl
I used to spend a lot of time on LocoGringo but there were a few know-it-alls that were constantly talking down to people. I just couldn't take it anymore (LOL) so I stepped away.  I did join the Akumal You Gotta Love It Facebook group but unfortunately, the worst offender also joined the group.  Im just fine with people who know a lot - it was the condescending answers & bitchy tone she uses to answer peoples questions that I didn't like.  Sadly, I don't think people like this can be avoided.  I still love Akumal and the area and continue to vacation there.  I would join a LG FB group and give it a try.

Thought it was just me lol.  Many do not frequent Akumal Bay Information or Akumal, you gotta love it FB pages for that very reason. 

Unfortunately, the originator of the Akumal, you gotta love it, gave his page over to JAB, so she now "moderates" both pages.  I was kicked off the other day for posting a couple of excellent articles on the recent rise in crime in the area.

Neither of these pages are objective in my opinion.  This "moderator" is best pals with many of the business owners in the Akumal community, so anything that throws shade on the area will NOT be tolerated.

Hardly the non-biased, non-partisan source of information that they pretend these pages to be.  Only sunshine and rainbows allowed....otherwise you are out!

I thought Locogringo already had a facebook page?  Kay were you looking at a closed group?  .  I'd be ok with that as long as the moderator is not JB :)

Cheers,
Seagoat

Kay
Administrator
Re: Forums and facebook 2019/01/15 09:47:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Seagoat

I thought Locogringo already had a facebook page?  Kay were you looking at a closed group?  .  I'd be ok with that as long as the moderator is not JB :)

Cheers,
Seagoat

Yes, we have a facebook page.  I was not thinking of a closed group, I was just thinking that there would be more participation on facebook since that has seemed to dominate the world.  I was looking into if they have a forums style of the page.  However, due to the nature of FB, I don't know if a forum page vs just a regular page really makes much of a difference. 

Stalk me on:
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5