9th trip to ABBWR Oct 8th thru the 17th 2018

Author
TeriA
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1606
  • Reward points: 1650
2018/09/04 22:44:23 (permalink)

9th trip to ABBWR Oct 8th thru the 17th 2018

So excited to head back our home under the sun.  Just 33 days til we leave out of the Salt Lake International Airport on American Airlines, connecting through Phoenix airport.  With so many mixed reviews about all of the various airlines it was stressful trying to decide who to fly with, but, in the end, we chose AA.  Our determination to never again fly Frontier Airlines pushed us to at least give American a try.  At least they don't charge for ever little thing, like carryon bags, the way Frontier does, plus, also unlike Frontier, AA has in flight entertainment and wifi.  Frontier has basically stripped their aircraft of anything comfort related and charge for every little thing.  Their aircraft are aging and their staff are clearly overworked and stressed.  

So, we venture into new territory with American.  Hoping the bad reviews I've seen aren't the norm.  

Packing will begin this week, as I am a meticulous list maker and notorious overpacker.  I'm really trying to keep things under control, so, starting now means I can weigh the bags, see what kind of space I am taking up, and calmly make decisions.  Now, DH is just the opposite.  He will pack the day before.  

We have book a Jr Suite and are asking for third floor in building three, but, will be happy wherever we are.  Our flight gets into Cancun airport at 3pm, so, we should be at ABBWR in time for dinner.  I will try to update this report everyday, but, well, ya know, it's vacay time.  

" title=" ">

3 Replies Related Threads

Mayan Boar
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 1852
    • Reward points: 2819
    Re: 9th trip to ABBWR Oct 8th thru the 17th 2018 2018/09/05 20:16:10 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Hola, TeriA,  I'll be down 10/3-13.  Maybe our paths will cross.  I will be staying in Norte Akumal.  Hope you have a beautiful trip and I am also an over packer can no longer do since Sun Country airlines was sold and changed their policy for carry on items.  Still a checked bag for free as long as you are a Sun Country credit card holder which I am.  My carry on will be my  laptop and a few personal items. Enjoy.  MB

9KrazyCats
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 1380
    • Reward points: 1579
    Re: 9th trip to ABBWR Oct 8th thru the 17th 2018 2018/09/09 17:16:11 (permalink)
    I'll be watching for your reports.  Especially the update on the sargassum.  We'll be on Half Moon Bay Nov 4th. 
    TeriA
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 1606
    • Reward points: 1650
    Re: 9th trip to ABBWR Oct 8th thru the 17th 2018 2018/09/09 23:54:18 (permalink)
    Mayan Boar
    Hola, TeriA,  I'll be down 10/3-13.  Maybe our paths will cross.  I will be staying in Norte Akumal.  Hope you have a beautiful trip and I am also an over packer can no longer do since Sun Country airlines was sold and changed their policy for carry on items.  Still a checked bag for free as long as you are a Sun Country credit card holder which I am.  My carry on will be my  laptop and a few personal items. Enjoy.  MB

It would be great if we did cross paths.  I'll keep a look out.  We are really hoping to get off the resort as much as possible this time, but, it's been such a stressful year that laying on the beach and doing absolutely nothing is going to be hard to resist. 

" title=" ">

Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5