Author
TeriA
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1600
  • Reward points: 1611
2018/06/06 22:33:43 (permalink)

Booked for October!!! ABBWR

Going back for our ninth trip to our home under the sun.  Ina Yana Ki'n

We got what I hope is the best deal we could find, $2280 total for air and ABBWR for 9 nights.  Seems the airlines are charging for every single thing they can.  If we want free seats, on AA, we can get them, but, if we want more leg room we pay extra.  Still, at least they have in flight entertainment included, and free carryons, so, all in all, I'm pretty happy.  

Now just have to wait for 123 days.  

post edited by TeriA - 2018/06/06 22:34:52

" title=" ">

5 Replies Related Threads

crunch
    Ultimate Member
    • Total Posts : 28988
    • Reward points: 1556
    Re: Booked for October!!! ABBWR 2018/06/08 11:58:10 (permalink)
    That seems like long ago old cheap pricing Teri.  If you say 1k for flights then that is only about 65 bucks per night per person. Wow!

Have a great trip.
    bouldergal
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 38
    • Reward points: 2098
    Re: Booked for October!!! ABBWR 2018/06/09 10:55:27 (permalink)
    Hi Teri,
    Did you book through Apple?
    water baby
    Cooler Carrying Member
    • Total Posts : 750
    • Reward points: 1756
    Re: Booked for October!!! ABBWR 2018/06/10 13:34:19 (permalink)
    WOW Teri, that's a great deal! We booked for November (10 nights) during Thanksgiving. I wanted to fly business class this time so needless to say we didn't get that kind of pricing. I'd tell you to have a great time, but I already know you will. 
    TeriA
    LocoGringo Customer
    Re: Booked for October!!! ABBWR 2018/06/10 23:42:58 (permalink)
    bouldergal
    Hi Teri,
    Did you book through Apple?

Nope, thru Hotwire.  I did check Apple, but, I have no loyalties when it comes to booking ABBWR, especially since I can't book them here on LG the way I used to.  That would have been my preference by far.  Absent that, I just search about six different sites, sorting by the dates I am looking at and the particular flights I want.  We like to get into Cancun no later than 3pm and then a late day departure, with a short connection on the way down and a longer one on the way back to allow for customs and immigration delays.  I take a 10 day search starting usually on a Tuesday and then just shift and shift and shift through the days looking for where the best deals in that criteria are.  It's fairly time intensive, but, worth it in the end.  Sometimes the deal looks amazing when you are just seeing the price before you choose your flights.  Then you get into what flights are included and they are usually not the best, plus, you always have to check the airlines baggage fees.  In the end, the trip can jump up several hundred dollars just trying to get good flights.  

We used to fly Frontier, but, they charge you for every little thing and have horribly uncomfortable seats and no in flight entertainment at all, not even microphone jacks for music.  Basically, a Frontier flight is just space on the plane, not seats, not drinks, just space.  Then you have to buy your seats.  We went with American this time, and while they charge for seats with 6 inches more leg room, they do have quite a few seats at no additional charge.  They don't charge for carryon bags like Frontier does, and their baggage fees are reasonable.  

In the end, I try to never pay more than $2400 for 10 days for the two of us, and we are well under that.  Tack on USA Transfers and we will still be under.  

" title=" ">

TeriA
    LocoGringo Customer
    Re: Booked for October!!! ABBWR 2018/06/10 23:47:44 (permalink)
    water baby
    WOW Teri, that's a great deal! We booked for November (10 nights) during Thanksgiving. I wanted to fly business class this time so needless to say we didn't get that kind of pricing. I'd tell you to have a great time, but I already know you will. 

Thanks!!  This will be our first time staying there in October.  I was thinking of business class, too, and one day we're gonna do it.  I did price out First Class for that trip and it came in at $3069.  Very tempting, but, maybe next year or the year after.  We have our son getting married in Spring, and may have a daughter getting married between now and then, so, gotta save for that.  I'll be watching for your trip report.  Would love to take our girls there for Thanksgiving some day. 

" title=" ">

Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5