Where is everyone going these days?

Author
sajacob
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 369
  • Reward points: 1385
2017/10/20 20:47:49 (permalink)

Where is everyone going these days?

Used to love going to ABR because it was quiet, beautiful and small. After reading reviews I am not sure I want to try the new Secrets or Akumal Wellness. I miss ABR!! Where is everyone going these days that is comparable? We love Mexico but hate the crowds and love to snorkel from the beach with out competing with tours. Went to Grand Sirenis last November (2nd stay there), it was nice but too big of a resort. Any suggestions as to where we can go?
post edited by sajacob - 2017/10/20 20:49:51

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

5 Replies Related Threads

Susy
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 1320
    • Reward points: 1362
    Re: Where is everyone going these days? 2017/10/22 22:08:55 (permalink)
    Hi there!

I think that more people will see your question and hopefully respond if you post it on "The Edge" or the main forum!

We feel the same, missing Mexico but wanting to avoid the crowds and conflict of snorkeling in Akumal Bay!!!

MikeandLes
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 63
    • Reward points: 1389
    Re: Where is everyone going these days? 2017/10/24 14:41:36 (permalink)
    I hear you about the "old" ABR, but don't be too quick to rule out ABBWR.  We've been several times since the updates and it's still a wonderful place.  Sure, some of the old charm is gone but it's still relatively small and quiet compared to the larger resorts and many of the updates are really welcome.  Also, if you snorkel mostly in front of ABR/Secrets you can avoid the tours.
    Gem
    Cooler Carrying Member
    • Total Posts : 1876
    • Reward points: 1422
    Re: Where is everyone going these days? 2017/10/24 18:17:32 (permalink)
    I totally agree with MikeandLes!  The food is 90% better and so many more choices.  And the rooms are super nice.  But it's definitely being overtaken by Europeans for sure.  It seems to be their "go to" place now.   Not a problem though.  And we weren't really bothered too much when we left the resort and walked up through Lolha to go to other places,  just kept walking and ignored the tour pirates.  It's kind of funny how so many of the locals come every day and plop all their stuff down in front of Secrets, though, enjoying the "public" beach there.   Didn't see any of them doing that in front of ABBWR.   For us, we still get the most for our dollar going there.  We've priced condos and other places, and it still works for us.  We  leave the resort everyday and eat at many of the local restaurants, also spend time in Tulum and Chan Chemuyil.  

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

TeriA
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 1573
    • Reward points: 1316
    Re: Where is everyone going these days? 2017/10/27 01:23:56 (permalink)
    Gem
    I totally agree with MikeandLes!  The food is 90% better and so many more choices.  And the rooms are super nice.  But it's definitely being overtaken by Europeans for sure.  It seems to be their "go to" place now.   Not a problem though.  And we weren't really bothered too much when we left the resort and walked up through Lolha to go to other places,  just kept walking and ignored the tour pirates.  It's kind of funny how so many of the locals come every day and plop all their stuff down in front of Secrets, though, enjoying the "public" beach there.   Didn't see any of them doing that in front of ABBWR.   For us, we still get the most for our dollar going there.  We've priced condos and other places, and it still works for us.  We  leave the resort everyday and eat at many of the local restaurants, also spend time in Tulum and Chan Chemuyil.  

Totally agree.  

When we went into town, we just gave the pirates the stink eye and they backed off.  And, yes, the day trippers do like to camp in front of Secrets, but, I haven't seen them in front of ABBWR.  

Wifey
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 7282
    • Reward points: 1858
    Re: Where is everyone going these days? 2017/11/07 16:04:11 (permalink)
    We are currently in love with Roatan. Off the beach snorkeling, white sand beaches and beautiful sunshine. There are a few nice resorts on West Bay Beach and some not so fancy ones in West End.   We're heading to Puerto Vallarta in a couple of weeks. :)

Of course we still love Akumal but after so many trips that we've lost count we've decided to see some other awesome places.
    post edited by Wifey - 2017/11/07 16:12:14

Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5