Author
water baby
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 686
  • Reward points: 1510
2017/10/10 09:46:45 (permalink)
1 (1)

Eleven times to Akumal Bay Resort & it still calls to us

It was hot...some days were almost unbearable when there wasn't a sea breeze; forcing me to get off the beach and stick my toes in the pool. Still, I'm glad we went at this time as we witnessed turtle nests hatching and had 9 decent days of snorkeling. We were total beach bums this time and only ventured down the beach to the point once-after dinner, near dusk, thinking it would be cooler. We met Teri A. and her husband. Their room was actually right next to us. 
As usual, the staff at ABBWR are like family and friends. It's always nice to see and visit with them.
The food was excellent - so hard not to over indulge!
The following link is to the video I made of this trip. I try to tell a story with my pictures and music - making it so that anyone can enjoy it-
https://youtu.be/Y1ZqygseCNA

9 Replies Related Threads

Mayan Boar
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 510
    • Reward points: 2192
    Re: Eleven times to Akumal Bay Resort & it still calls to us 2017/10/10 10:31:05 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Water Baby, thanks for the beautiful trip report.  So nice of you to take the time.  The music and pics say it all.  Thanks again for brightening up my day.  MB

Gem
    Cooler Carrying Member
    • Total Posts : 1871
    • Reward points: 1352
    Re: Eleven times to Akumal Bay Resort & it still calls to us 2017/10/10 15:23:11 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Loved your video...we too keep going back~there's just something about Akumal!

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

TeriA
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 1566
    • Reward points: 1316
    Re: Eleven times to Akumal Bay Resort & it still calls to us 2017/10/10 19:17:42 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Oh I loved your video so much!!!   The shots you took of just the waves rolling in, man, it's like I'm sitting right there.  And the baby turtles heading out to sea.  No matter how many times I see it I just get choked up.  I don't know how we will adjust to going to Akumal when it isn't baby turtle hatching season.  We're thinking about May, or even some time in the winter.  Sigh.  Thanks for putting that together, it was perfect.

crunch
    Ultimate Member
    • Total Posts : 14426
    • Reward points: 1143
    Re: Eleven times to Akumal Bay Resort & it still calls to us 2017/10/11 07:03:27 (permalink)
    That was just fabulous Waterbaby.  I cannot thank you enough.  I really needed that!

Where did you do most of your snorkeling?  In front of the resort?  If you went snorkeling down near Lol ha were there any hassles?

Loved your music choices too.  I have a whole new appreciation for Willie.

Gracias!

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
    water baby
    Cooler Carrying Member
    • Total Posts : 686
    • Reward points: 1510
    Re: Eleven times to Akumal Bay Resort & it still calls to us 2017/10/11 09:33:33 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    THANKS for the kind reviews everyone 
    Crunch, we snorkeled from out in front of the big buffet palapa at ABBWR out to the cut buoy where the boats go out and down through an access between buoyed off restricted areas and back to the resort. If a person has not seen an aerial map of the areas that are ok and not ok to snorkel, one would be totally confused out in the water. The big area of coral that is just out from where the swing bar was is off limits now (one of our favorite areas). I guess they are trying to give it relief from the tours. And from what I could see, it is in worse condition than when we were there in Feb. There is new coral forming throughout the bay, but alot of bleaching of the older corals. I am encouraged by the new growth of corals but wonder if it will ever really have a chance with the warming of the waters and influx of people. We never ventured down by Lol Ha-it was too busy for us by the end of our outing. We are out usually 1-1 1/2 hours. Even with the areas now "banned", we didn't lack seeing a lot of things including turtles.

ChrisandCindy
    Cooler Carrying Member
    • Total Posts : 1588
    • Reward points: 2563
    Re: Eleven times to Akumal Bay Resort & it still calls to us 2017/10/11 11:05:05 (permalink)
    Wonderful! Thanks so much!

Video
    Pix
    YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
    crunch
    Ultimate Member
    • Total Posts : 14426
    • Reward points: 1143
    Re: Eleven times to Akumal Bay Resort & it still calls to us 2017/10/11 12:34:53 (permalink)
    Thanks for the detailed info WB. 

I tend to get so fixated on what i am seeing that I am sure i will blunder into the "no go" zones, but oh well.  I did buy some short fins so I have conceded that much.  I refuse though to go without fins at all.  Hello, mother ocean does not like to be underestimated  We normally snorkel from Lol ha down ABR and walk back. but we may have to reverse that if it is to much of a PITA.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
    9KrazyCats
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 861
    • Reward points: 537
    Re: Eleven times to Akumal Bay Resort & it still calls to us 2017/10/11 23:57:47 (permalink)
    Wonderful video!  So relaxing to watch and listen to.  Can't wait to go back to Akumal. 
    Beach Bernie
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 448
    • Reward points: 2061
    Re: Eleven times to Akumal Bay Resort & it still calls to us 2017/10/22 08:55:07 (permalink)
    Thank you Water Baby. Very nice to see some LG'ers posting their TR's here again.
    I appreciated your efforts to put together the nice video.
    Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5