Secrets-Akumal

Author
ntsochp2
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points: 1324
2017/04/29 15:58:43 (permalink)

Secrets-Akumal

just returned from 6 wonderful days in Akumal at the Secrets Resort.  I will start by stating that this was a 9.9 out of 10 because nothing is perfect!

Guard at the gate let us in immediately after he confirmed our reservation (he had a list-no phone calls!) and a bellman was waiting to take our bags and another to park the car.  A welcome glass of wine was in our hands within moments as we were taken to the Deluxe Rooms check-in (private).  Another drink offered (full, premium open bar) while the concierge went through the amenities.

the draw back was the arm twist to attend the "private" breakfast for the vacation rental pitch which we deftly avoided.

no reservations were required for any meals other than the Asian Fusion (bennehanna style) and eat wherever, whenever, whatever you wanted.  the pool bars had the same top shelf liquors as our premier building and the bartenders were more than willing to make whatever you wanted in whatever quantity you wanted.  and if you asked, they would just invent something for you.

there were activities during the day; yoga, cross fit, volleyball, basketball, beach bingo and more, so no complaints if you find yourself bored.  the wait staff were always there; ask and you shall receive.

tipping:  I tipped if the service was over the top, otherwise, at an all-inclusive, I considered it "included" and the service did not diminish if I didn't tip.  I watched some others tip constantly and others, not at all.

the room was outstanding.  ocean view, twice daily room service (towels, turndown, minibar refilling, etc) and so clean, you could eat off the floor.  whoever attended to our room did a wonderful job.

restaurants:  French (at there twice, soooo good!), Italian (also very good), Asian Fusion (too much hype), Seafood (also sooo good), International and Mexican (skipped those).  I can say honestly that every dinner was outrageously good.  Breakfast in the Market (cook to order eggs and too much other to describe) as well as another menu driven breakfast facility.  I cant begin to describe all the lunch choices.

I'm not an "all-inclusive" person; id rather rent a condo or house and go off the reservation, but I will honestly state that this was the best I've ever stayed at.

if you want more information, send me a private message.
sealex
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 185
  • Reward points: 1242
Re: Secrets-Akumal 2017/05/02 13:34:56 (permalink)
great trip report. Thanks for posting. You will probably get more replies if you can post on the Trip Report page. :)
Xelly
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 5611
  • Reward points: 1181
Re: Secrets-Akumal 2017/05/09 05:18:48 (permalink)
I have been wondering when someone would post on Secrets. I am not an AI peep either, but was curious about this one... So huge, did you need a cart to get around?

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

ntsochp2
  • Total Posts : 46
  • Reward points: 1324
Re: Secrets-Akumal 2017/05/15 14:57:08 (permalink)
it appears bigger than it really is.  very compact; short walk to everything
Xelly
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 5611
  • Reward points: 1181
Re: Secrets-Akumal 2017/05/19 09:36:14 (permalink)
Do they have hairdryers in the rooms? 

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5