Looking for New Alternative on Great Beach Cozumel

Author
Gato
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2396
2017/03/24 14:09:26 (permalink)

Looking for New Alternative on Great Beach Cozumel

Hello Beachgoers... for 22 years i have been visiting Aventuras Akumal.. its time for a new place to go visit
Wheres a good place to hang my wrap on a chair in Cozumel? and or other areas not Aventuras Akumal / Akumal 
Wicked Beaches prefered

Gato

Life is just sad when you aint gots no Tickah!

8 Replies Related Threads

pato
    Cooler Carrying Member
    • Total Posts : 335
    Re: Looking for New Alternative on Great Beach Cozumel 2017/03/25 09:32:58 (permalink)
    Just drive the East coast of Cozumel from Rasta's Bar to Mezcalito's and pick an empty stretch of beach to spread your towel on. For even more privacy you can just walk north from Mezcalitos beyond where the sign says Naked Beach and you will be off the grid so to speak...
    Have Fun!
    crunch
    Ultimate Member
    • Total Posts : 14411
    Re: Looking for New Alternative on Great Beach Cozumel 2017/03/26 16:04:12 (permalink)
    If you want AI on long stretch of beach you want the south end.  If you want iroinshore and snorkeling there are lots of different options.  Do you want a condo?

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
    Bob in Milw
    Cooler Carrying Member
    • Total Posts : 2589
    Re: Looking for New Alternative on Great Beach Cozumel 2017/03/27 09:19:22 (permalink)
    Hi Gato,
    It's been a while since I saw you post over here. Welcome back.
    I'm an AI kinda guy so I love staying at Iberostar. It's the southernmost resort on the Island away from the hustle and bustle with the best dive sites right there. A drive over to the wild side (east side) to bar hop is a must. Check out Punta Sur Park (southern tip of the Island) when you go over to the wild side.
    Peace, Bimmy

Gato
    Cooler Carrying Member
    • Total Posts : 2396
    Re: Looking for New Alternative on Great Beach Cozumel 2017/03/29 10:55:01 (permalink)
    Thanks Bob...

i definetly want an awesome beach.. I prefer a condo rather then an AI but am open to suggestions..  is it very windy on the side of Iberostar?
    I like condo's because i can do whatever i want.. as in have a dang margarita at 7:30 in the morning if I wanna LOL

Where have you stayed Crunch?
    Pato... Naked beach?!!

Life is just sad when you aint gots no Tickah!
    Bob in Milw
    Cooler Carrying Member
    • Total Posts : 2589
    Re: Looking for New Alternative on Great Beach Cozumel 2017/03/29 12:09:00 (permalink)
    Gato
    Thanks Bob...

i definetly want an awesome beach.. I prefer a condo rather then an AI but am open to suggestions..  is it very windy on the side of Iberostar?

ALL the resorts and condos are on the west side of the Island where the seas are a lot calmer. The winds almost always blow from east to west so the wild side (east) is where the big waves are and the wind surfing is done.
    The AIs are on the SW side and the condos are closer to town on the W and NW side.
    Crunch can give you advice on the condos. That's their thing. I only do AIs.
    Peace, Bimmy

post edited by Bob in Milw - 2017/03/29 15:16:35

uphillklimber
    Cooler Carrying Member
    • Total Posts : 2951
    Re: Looking for New Alternative on Great Beach Cozumel 2017/03/29 14:56:13 (permalink)
    WE have also moved over to Cozumel. Sleepier than the mainland, a little more $$ but within budget, depending on accommodations, of course. 

For a beach, as stated, you probably want south of town. There are some condos available here and there, but north of town has the market on those. I've seen a couple, real nice!

We do AI as we simply can not beat the package pricing. And we love being able to walk up and grab a plate of fruit when ever, or a drink. We have found that we could have all the fixins for a margarita in our room fridge for the 7:30 margarita if we wanted to! Same as a condo, pick it up at the store, place in fridge. 

May I suggest a ride along the east side of the island, beautiful scenery. 

Please don't share how great this place with others, they'll all want to come....

Lovin life,
    Bob

crunch
    Ultimate Member
    • Total Posts : 14411
    Re: Looking for New Alternative on Great Beach Cozumel 2017/03/30 12:58:47 (permalink)
    Karen - 

I think Residencias Reef would be right up your alley.  Check them out.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
    kallileigh
    LocoGringo Customer
    • Total Posts : 1478
    Re: Looking for New Alternative on Great Beach Cozumel 2017/03/30 14:29:02 (permalink)
    Gato ... Are you planning to fly into CUN and then take the ferry over? Or are you able to find decent prices on airfare into CZM? I've wanted to try Coz for the past couple years, it looks like the perfect place to veg, snorkel, rinse and repeat, but I can fly r/t to Hawaii for way less. :-\ I guess west coast sometimes isn't the best coast.

We didn't know we were making memories. We just knew we were having fun.

Save
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5