the forum... the way it used to be

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
OmahaBruce
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 522
  • Reward points: 1616
Re: the forum... the way it used to be 2016/12/12 12:25:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I haven't been a member for long - certainly not as long as most of you - but I love LG.  I enjoy reading the trip reports, the BC, the informative posts regarding RM current events, and when I really needed info, the LG crew came through for me.  I've come across other forums where there was obvious widespread participation at some point but eh most recent post was months ago, and the previous months before that.  LG seems to have stood the test of time.  And the only answer to the why would be Kay and Gary ...and of course, the beach cams.  You keep it fresh, you keep it real, and there is real value.
But times change and I'm sure everyone here understands that.  You have to do what makes the most sense for you.  If that means moving the forums into a FB group, it might not be as good but I would bet it would still survive.  I know I would want to be a member.

I think part of the ain't what it used to be feeling stems from the fact that Akumal itself ain't what it used to be.  There have been a lot of struggles and challenges to that little slice of heaven recently including some really bad press.  If Akumal were one of my kids, I would swear that it is a teenager, and I will probably treat it the same way as I am treating my 14 year old son: 1) I will always love you.  2) You have some behavioral problems at this time but I am hoping and praying you will grow out of them.  3) I will give you your space.  I will keep close tabs on you, visit you from time to time, and look forward to the day when the love is fully restored.  Some have expressed an opinion that the landowners (or those in power anyway) are killing their golden egg laying goose.  I hope that isn't the case.
Whatever happens, I hope that there will always be a way for those who have grown close through LG to continue to communicate with each other.  

I'd much rather have sand in my shorts than snow in my shoes.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
  • Reward points: 3563
Re: the forum... the way it used to be 2016/12/12 18:44:04 (permalink)
Hey Bruce. Just tried to send a PM.  Not successful.  MB

shape shifter 47
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 10341
  • Reward points: 1852
Re: the forum... the way it used to be 2016/12/12 21:54:13 (permalink)
Whale, congrats and welcome to the club......grandpa.......

gary "coolerman" & martha
Banking off of a northeast wind, sailing on a summer breeze
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
  • Reward points: 1694
Re: the forum... the way it used to be 2016/12/13 00:52:25 (permalink)
I'm right behind ya Whale.  Kevin's & Kaitlyn's son is due Feb. 4th.  How old does it make you feel?  Old as dirt or as old as ..............Shi Shi Shi Shi Shifty? Boy that was hard to get out!
Whale
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 6100
  • Reward points: 1936
Re: the forum... the way it used to be 2016/12/13 08:51:10 (permalink)
Hola Frank, In reality I'm older than Shifty but I'll never be as "Old" as shifty. He's aged like Limburger cheese, oldy and moldy. BTW did you know that our son and DIL are named Kevan and Caitlyn, but they're not the ones with our grandson, that's our daughter and SIL.

Maybe we are helping bring back the old forum, we're certainly doing a great job of hijacking this thread. Been a while since that has happened LOL.

Hola to IggyMom.

"Don't listen to what they say. Go see." ~ Chinese proverb
"When you see, you will know" ~ Old Thurman proverb

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
  • Reward points: 1694
Re: the forum... the way it used to be 2016/12/13 16:03:58 (permalink)
Whale--Good to hear from you.  Tell your lovely wife Gail that Craig and I say "Hi".  I guess great minds think the same when it comes to picking out names.  Believe it or not, there is another Frank McColloch that lives about 10 houses from us on the same street.  Thankfully he spells his last name McCollough. Mail rarely get messed up.  What gets messed up the most is we both use the same pharmacy, Walgreens. With Francis being my legal first name and Craig having a boys name, we get a lot of mail addressed Mrs. Francis McColloch or Mr. Craig McColloch.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5