Packing suggestions / help

Author
bhmhrex
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points: 62
2016/09/14 14:00:23 (permalink)

Packing suggestions / help

Hello,

This is the first time my wife and I are doing an All-Inclusive. We typically go on cruises and have done over 15 of them. I am unsure of what to be prepared for with an all-inclusive or even what exactly all to pack. I created a packing list for our cruises and converted it over to all-inclusive. Could someone take the time out to look it over and see if I am missing something or if some items aren't needed? Thanks in advance!
Steve O
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 824
  • Reward points: 1428
Re: Packing suggestions / help 2016/09/14 14:59:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
That's a lot of stuff. I would get rid of suits, ties, formal wear, dress shoes, alarm clock, watch, motion sickness pills. Shorts, casual shirt and tennis shoes or sandals will work for everything. Tablet or phone will work as alarm clock. I would bring a flash light, lighter and an insulated beverage cup. A light coat probably won't be needed until December, January, or February. Scan all your documents and e-mail them to yourself so you have a copy. Call you credit card companies and bank to let them know you will be in Mexico. Most anything you need can be purchased there now.
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
  • Reward points: 1711
Re: Packing suggestions / help 2016/09/14 16:32:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
From what I understand, some AIs have some restaurants where long pants and closed toe shoes are required for men, so take something like a pair of chinos, Dockers, a couple polo shirts and maybe a pair of Docksiders or something.
Depends on the resort, CRT does not have a dress code and I think Grand Palladium recently relaxed their dress code so men can wear dressy shorts or Bermudas. This does not apply to buffets of course.
bhmhrex
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points: 62
Re: Packing suggestions / help 2016/09/14 16:46:42 (permalink)
Steve O
That's a lot of stuff. I would get rid of suits, ties, formal wear, dress shoes, alarm clock, watch, motion sickness pills. Shorts, casual shirt and tennis shoes or sandals will work for everything. Tablet or phone will work as alarm clock. I would bring a flash light, lighter and an insulated beverage cup. A light coat probably won't be needed until December, January, or February. Scan all your documents and e-mail them to yourself so you have a copy. Call you credit card companies and bank to let them know you will be in Mexico. Most anything you need can be purchased there now.

Thank you! All great suggestions. This is our cruise packing list and I did remove some items, just forgot about the alarm clock, motion pills and suits. Thanks!
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
  • Reward points: 1971
Re: Packing suggestions / help 2016/09/15 06:52:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
My husband and I just share the shampoo, conditioner (he uses mine :)  and deodorant.  Your wife can just take a couple shorts, sun dresses, bathing suits and a cover up or sarong.  You just need a couple nice shorts, one pair long pants, couple shirts and tank tops.   Most resorts are pretty casual.  Which one are you going to?

It is nice to take a few zip lok baggies for snacks you may open and want to keep in your room and it will prevent ants.  Also good for taking home 1/2 used toiletries.

Lose all the other hair stuff and make up for a truly relaxed vacation.  You won't need it truly.  It is much more casual than a cruise ship.  

I get up and put on swim attire with shorts and a tank top and a sun dress at night and that is it for the day.  The man just wears swim trunks and a tank top all day and a nice pair of shorts and short sleeve nice short for dress up nights LOL!.
PC5
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1170
  • Reward points: 1358
Re: Packing suggestions / help 2016/09/19 19:53:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I suspect that a person who loves the ease, amenities and dressing up that you get with cruises, is going to want to dress up and look nice while staying in an AI.  With that in mind, the list seems reasonable.  You have to pack for the type of trip you are expecting.
I take almost nothing for my 5 week stays, but when I am not in the water I am wearing shorts or a shift of some sort.  Having enough bathing suits is way more import for my type of trip.
If you are going to be in the bay, I would suggest you take reef friendly sunscreen.  http://www.huffingtonpost...274317e4b08589ef49bf67
Be aware that you will be in a fragile environment; be sure to leave nothing but footprints.  
Have fun and remember that turtles don't want to be fed, touched, stalked, chased.  

Annie
Playa Caribe #5

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.Dr. SeussThe Lorax
US author & illustrator (1904 - 1991)
kallileigh
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3164
  • Reward points: 2107
Re: Packing suggestions / help 2016/09/20 13:48:43 (permalink)
Unless you are one of those people blessed with a lot of thick hair and need a fancy high powered hair dryer, I'd suggest leaving the hair dryer at home.  Never been to an AI that didn't have a decent hair dryer in the room.  I also limit myself to one hair "tool" and usually choose to pack the flat iron, since I've mastered flat iron waves.  And then I rarely take the time to even do that. Getting rid of the hair dryer and curling iron frees up a good amount of space in the luggage!

We didn't know we were making memories. We just knew we were having fun.

Save
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5