South beach Tulum

Author
rebekahqc
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points: 1480
2016/07/25 07:32:17 (permalink)

South beach Tulum

We have visited the southern part of the beach at Tulum for many years. We  like quiet, feet in sand bungalow, long empty beach for morning and evening walks. Our favourite spot was Hamaca Loca. They were invaded and taken over in 2008 I believe? I walked by the site 2 years ago and there appears to be something else there, rather dark and creepy looking. Does anyone have info on this place? 2 years ago we stayed at Las Ranitas and loved it. My husband put his back out on the plane trip down and proximity of our room  to beach and restaurant was perfect. Food also fantastic. They closed down shortly after our stay to renovate and join the super expensive boutique hotel trend that is taking over Tulum. Has anyone seen how building is progressing? Any suggestions of where to stay on Tulum south beach that is quiet, feet in sand and has good food at least nearby? in the $300.oo per night range?
bouldergal
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 38
  • Reward points: 2098
Re: South beach Tulum 2016/07/26 19:30:21 (permalink)
My favorites are Nueva Vida de Ramiro, Suenos Tulum and Luv Tulum-- have you looked at those?  Encantada is lovely and may have some rooms in your price range depending on the season and it's very close to Las Ranitas. I've been told that Las Ranitas will be open sometime in 2017.
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5