Author
OmahaBruce
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 522
  • Reward points: 1616
2015/08/02 11:24:21 (permalink)
5 (1)

Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper

I just took the family of eight on a week-long cruise back in November so our vacation budget was pretty much shot.  However, the Caribbean was calling to me and that Siren's song is very, very hard to resist.  I have an entire backstory that has no pictures so I will just add that later as a sort of "prequel". 
Two things before my Day 1 post:  First, you do NOT have to spend a ton of money for a paradise getaway.  We flew out on 7/17 and home on 7/28.  With everything included, we spent right at $2,000 but we could have spent even less.  Well, it does NOT include the cost of replacing my brand new Note4 that happened to be in my pocket when I sat in the surf to start day 5.  This leads to my second point: I accidentally lost all of my pictures for days one through four so Brenda's pictures will have to suffice.  I think they are actually quite good.

Day 1
Our flight out of Omaha was at 5:50am which meant leaving our house at about 4.  We were all packed and loaded the night before so with a half dozen alarm clocks set, we hit the rack at about 9pm.  Our 16 year old daughter was more than happy to drive us to the airport since it scored her the use of my car for the duration.  The flight from Omaha to our connection in Houston was in a 80-seat puddle jumper and was uneventful.  Once in Houston, we had a nice TexMex breakfast at George Bush to ease us into the fiesta mood, but we chose to withhold the cerveza y tequila consumption until we were actually on the island.  Besides, it was still before noon.  After breakfast we found our gate then found an empty gate nearby to settle in for our layover.

Three hours or so later, we boarded the 737 for the flight to COZUMEL!!!  I had some great approach photos but, as I mentioned already, they're gone.  Upon our arrival Brenda was surprised at the old school gate stairs but I was thinking that it’s the same at CUN – she just didn’t remember.  They just haven’t found a need yet for floating ramps to elevated gates.  Fine with me; I like old school. 
After the obligatory hour or so for immigration and customs, we made a hasty beeline for the exit.  Getting past the pseudo-friendly gate peddlers reminded me of our wedding reception and trying to avoid all the rice being hurled at us.  After at least fifty repetitions of “No, gracias” (regardless of the language or actual question asked) we found ourselves walking along the sidewalk outside the terminal and enjoying the peaceful serenity of the authentic island life.

But it was hot.  Very hot.  So after exiting the airport property and walking across past the birds sculpture, we hailed a cab to take us to the hotel.  TIP: this saves time and money over falling prey to the vans immediately outside the airport doors and the associated peddlers just inside those doors.  Those vans charge much more and take multiple groups to multiple hotels while you wait your turn.  To save even MORE money, have pesos ready for the cab fare.  The cabbies take dollars but offer a very poor exchange rate.  I paid the cabby $15 for the ride from near the airport to our hotel, The Barracuda.  Way too much but we were just anxious to land.  I’m sure that’s something that they count on.

It took about twenty minutes to get checked in, cash locked into the safe, and changed into swimsuits. Then it was down for the inaugural dip.   The water was euphoric as always and it was awesome to see all of the French Grunt, Sergeant Major, Damselfish, and Chub streaming out to welcome us home.  Well, I can pretend that it’s home anyway. 

We didn’t spend long in the water due to hunger and a child-like frenzy to see everything we could, as quickly as possible …not unlike Christmas morning.  Well, we ordered a quick lunch from No-Name Bar as well as a couple rounds of Tecate and Sol (I had not yet discovered Bohemia Dark and they didn’t serve Corona).  That food was perfect but halfway through the meal a rainstorm moved through making us scurry for shelter.  There was one table just inside and I got to it with our plates of food slightly ahead of a near naked twenty-something who wanted the table for her small group to just hang out at.  She looked at me with a pouty face and said “Reeeaaaalllyyyyy?”  I just smiled and said we didn’t mind sharing.  She did recover nicely though (realizing we needed a table for our food) and her small group of summer breakers were friendly enough. 

After lunch we decided to run across the street to check out the Mega and buy a few necessary groceries for the evening.  I was so happy to find my favorite snack, Salados Sabor Limon (Zesty lemon infused peanuts).  I haven’t been able to find them stateside so I totally stocked up with a half dozen bags.  We also bought CocaCola (Mexican cane sugar instead of Corn Syrup – yummy), a couple large bottles of water, a 12-pack of Corona at about a tenth of the stateside price, and a few limes.  Fully provisioned, we headed back to room 303 to enjoy a couple of beers from the privacy of our own private balcony.

About the Barracuda: It is obviously a hotel that caters mainly to divers and we met a few of these.  The pool is meticulously maintained.  The lobby is pleasant but warm as are the staff.  They do not have room safes so my cash stash went into a triple sealed envelope in the hotel safe.  That was a bit concerning to me but ended up working out just fine.  The room was …rustic.  It was clean and air conditioned (our only must-haves) but the beds were poor and the window AC unit vented it’s heat into the bathroom in what can only be described as a bizarre, structural engineering compromise.  A rolled up towel had been strategically placed to mitigate the gap between the floor and the bottom of the door out to the balcony.  But our view from the balcony more than made up for any of these shortcomings.

OK, so by then the heat of the day had passed and we had our evening libations all arranged.  It was time for a serious snorkel to fully recon our location.  A recurring joke in all of our vacations (and even the most modest of family outings) is how quickly I find a way to get into trouble.  In my defense, there were NO signs posted.  Furthermore, the hotel should, in my opinion, make their guests aware that its waterfront is immediately adjacent to a military base.
Even though Brenda was having a wonderful time visiting with the fish in the little swimming area right at the hotel, I convinced her to drift with the current (and me) northward.  Surely there would be a nearby convenient place to climb out.  Well, the weather started to turn so the water got a bit rough and she wanted to get out.  I probed the ironshore but was firmly denied access by a stern faced teenager with a large and menacing automatic weapon.  He had been attentively observing us from a rooftop position and was currently shaking his head back and forth.  My probing of the water’s edge seemed to have prompted additional attention from his compadres as well.  We pushed back out to swim around the gunboat anchored there.  (Yes, I know that the presence of a gunboat should have been enough to make me steer clear, but the 60 Cal on the flydeck was covered with a tarp and I didn’t notice it, ok?)  Swimming against the current was tougher and required more effort, so wife was beginning to struggle.  I gripped her snorkel vest with one hand and used my fins and one arm to get us around the boat and over to the shore.  We climbed onto the rocks to rest and I was suddenly staring at the barrel of an M16.  Fortunately, I speak Spanish and was able to adequately explain how and why we were in our current predicament.  He then smiled and allowed us to pass across the base and through the gate back out onto Melgar.  I have no doubt that we were the subject of many jokes in the mess hall that evening – perhaps even to this day.  But we immediately put it behind us, went up and got ready for dinner at Rolandi’s.

Rolandi’s is a very nice four star restaurant just a couple blocks south of the Barracuda.  We took a pass on the air conditioned inside table and instead opted for the outside waterfront table on the boardwalk.   The ambiance was fantastic.  The waitstaff was attentive and friendly, and the food was wonderful.  We had a light simple salad of thinly sliced onion and tomato in balsamic vinaigrette followed by Mexican pizza.  Just fantastic.

After dinner we strolled around downtown and stumbled upon a dance demonstration by a local dance club in one of the plazas.  We watched that for a little while then did some more exploring of the area. 
We’d had a very early start to a very tiring day so by 10pm we were quite ready to see just how uncomfortable that uncomfortable looking bed truly was.  Truthfully, I think that we were both already asleep before we were even in bed.  It was nevertheless a very restful night which was just what we needed.

I'd much rather have sand in my shorts than snow in my shoes.
9KrazyCats
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1397
  • Reward points: 1711
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/02 14:21:55 (permalink)
Nice report and that pizza looks amazing!
LisaR
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 283
  • Reward points: 1192
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/02 14:23:11 (permalink)
Yay!  Great start, I can't wait to read more!

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
  • Reward points: 1711
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/02 14:59:05 (permalink)
Wonderful report, thank you for taking the time
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
  • Reward points: 2150
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/02 16:49:18 (permalink)
Ditto what Jamie said.  Thanks for taking the time.
Tamie
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 336
  • Reward points: 1778
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/02 18:04:11 (permalink)
LOL at your military base escapade!  Sounds like me, I somehow find ways to get lost, injured, or in the wrong place.  Makes for great stories, though!  Can't wait to read more.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Gwen
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 323
  • Reward points: 902
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/03 09:33:18 (permalink)
Anxious to hear more.  Thanks for thinking of us.  We are trip report deprived.

tooter
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 232
  • Reward points: 1191
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/03 09:56:27 (permalink)
YES!  thanks so much.....
Bret and Yvonne
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 109
  • Reward points: 1797
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/03 13:16:53 (permalink)
Thanks for taking the time to write this, can't wait for more.

Bret
Next trip not planned yet 
228 days of vacation in Mexico so far - 19 Trips

OmahaBruce
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/03 16:24:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks for the kind words.  Brenda & I had such an awesome time.  Truthfully though, I am writing this mainly as a journaling thing.  I have found that as I get older I tend to forget events more than event details.  So, I write to chronicle the events so that I can more easily recall the fine details later to re-experience them.
I'm fairly certain that anyone over the age of 45 or 50 can totally relate to what I am saying. 
Of course, I could write it, print it, and place the pieces in a photo album but since LG has this TR forum and since folks seem to genuinely appreciate sharing in others' wonder filled adventures (I do too!!!) I will post electronic versions here. 
I have finished writing day2 and only need to create the post with the embedded images.  I plan on doing that when I get home from work tonight.
Thanks for reading!

1runjuan
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6992
  • Reward points: 1935
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/03 17:00:39 (permalink)
OB , looking forward to more.....
SolMan
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2038
  • Reward points: 1824
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/03 18:07:53 (permalink)
+4 (4)
OmahaBruce
I'm fairly certain that anyone over the age of 45 or 50 can totally relate to what I am saying. 

Man, you hit the nail on the head dead-center. I've GOT to get better at jotting this stuff down.  Just yesterday Kat and I were trying like crazy to re-construct the days and events. Hard to do when your brain is marinated in rum and XX!

Great report, look forward to the next installment!

OmahaBruce
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/03 20:08:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
DAY 2 – Saturday
                        First order of business on Saturday was get some local currency.  The hotel clerk had told us about a bank nearby so we checked it out and discovered that it was not open at 7:15am on a Saturday.  The NERVE!  Ok, fine, whatever, let’s go get some breakfast. 
Right next door to the Barracuda is a highly recommended breakfast restaurant called Jeannies.  We went in and ordered the Mexican equivalent of a scramble as well as a plate of fresh fruit.  The coffee and juice hit the spot as well. 

We really felt no sense of urgency so we just sat and talked while enjoying the activities of others preparing for their dives or whatnot.  A group of locals were cleaning and preparing SNUBA equipment.  That looked like it might be fun as well.  Putting that on the list for next trip.
When we felt like the bank should probably be open we paid our bill and wandered on up the road.  OK, so the bank is also an electronics / furniture / Scooter store among other things.  Interesting.  The bank required my passport to exchange cash (not even a large amount) so bear that in mind if you make a similar trek.
With pesos in hand, we set out for El Mercado.  We really wanted to experience true Mexico island life on this trip and my research indicated that El Mercado was a perfect place for starting that.  It is where all of the locals go for fresh produce, meats, spices, fruit, and curios.   So it’s where we wanted to go too.  We decided to walk to get a close up and slower window into the community.  We saw a number of interesting things: many private residents have built small storefronts onto their properties where they park a younger member of the family to operate the Mexican equivalent of a yard sale or garage sale. 
We saw a very old ruins of a building that looks like it was burned out decades ago.  Whereas most of the structures are cinder brick, this one was locally manufactured stone.  …very old looking.

Then we also came across a cute little bungalow that is still screaming at me to inquire for purchase.  How cool would that be to be able to rent it out and then schedule annual trips when its empty.
We arrived at El Mercado and wandered in wonder for a while; people watching, comparison shopping, visiting with the merchants, learning little bits of their daily reality.  It dawned on us that we would need stout bolsas for carrying our purchases home so we went about checking those out as well.  We finally ended up with two beachbag sized waterproof zip top bags in a Winnie-the-Pooh motif.  Perfect!  I’m quite sure there will be a picture later that has these bags in it.  We used them all week long for carrying gear and supplies to the beach and back.  They were so useful and are now a permanent addition to our CarribeGear.

So after browsing through every aisle of the Market at least twice, we finally decided to trade our pesos to a lovely little family with the most adorable special needs daughter.  The boy was so patient helping me figure out the right words.  Food stuff is probably the area where I am the most challenged in the Spanish language.  He was so helpful.  The Mom was helpful too, offering recipes and explaining the differences between some of the varieties of fruits and vegetables.  We ended up trading about $350MX for some awesome food supplies.  When we were done, the boy gave us a bonus, a 1+ as I like to call it.  After we were all bagged up and paid, he handed me a perfectly ripe half papaya.  Yummy delicious.  Friends and happy customers.  I’m so glad that Brenda thought to run back and take their picture. 
*Edit note:  As I am posting up the picture I see that the price for those seedless limes is $5/kilo.  Five pesos is about 30centsUS.  A kilo is 2.2 pounds.  Good lord, those limes were even cheaper than I thought.  About 12 cents per pound - between one and two pennies each! 
We bought one of those bottles of honey too.  Unfortunately I forgot it was in a carryon and it got trashed by TSA in Houston.  More Lame Government BS
At a few other stalls, we bought a mess of black beans, fresh tortillas, and a few other things and then suddenly I felt like it was time to go.  No explanation, just, Let’s Go.  I can get that way sometimes.  I considered getting a taxi back to the hotel and I probably would have but one never passed us so we ended up lugging those heavy bags all the way back to the hotel.  Our arms got very tired and MAN that sun was hot.  We were strategically planning our path according to whichever side of the street offered the best shade.
Back at the hotel, we relaxed for a few minutes and enjoyed a couple of Coronas each before heading over to the Mega for the rest of our week’s groceries.  Checkout time was 1pm and it was only about 11 so we had plenty of time. 
…or so we thought.
Perhaps we shouldn’t have spent so much time just wandering up and down the aisles wondering what this-or-that product was, or how it would be best prepared, or what it or a comparable product would cost back home.  In any event, we found ourselves running out of time with a sizable portion of our list remaining.  We kicked it into high gear and got it done.  I made sure we had the essentials:  Five 12-packs of Corona longnecks, A bottle of Rum, a bottle of Cuervo Gold, a bottle of 100 Anos, a HUGE bag of limon (limes in Omaha go for about 50c each.  In Coz at Mega they were on special for $10mx/kilo or about 20c per pound. And these were those delicious seedless ones too!  Unbelievable.) Chorizo, pappas, huevos, pollo, carne, Sunblock, I’m struggling now to remember much but we had a full cart.
Since it was now just a few minutes before 1pm, I went to the checkout and sent Brenda back across the street to get all of our stuff ready to haul out to the taxi.  Everything is tallied in pesos of course, and it can get a little unnerving to watch the running total punch effortlessly through the $1000 mark.  But then they get to the end, push a couple of more buttons and announce a total of less than $100US.  Mega has the best exchange rate that I found but it’s only for purchase.  They do not sell pesos.  So I paid with dollars and headed outside to the taxi stand.  As we loaded bags into the cab, I confirmed that the fare to the condo was $150 and made sure he didn’t mind stopping at the hotel across the street to load the luggage (and the wife).  That stop took only about two minutes and we were on our way.
When we arrived at the condo, one of the gate guards escorted the taxi to our building and I gave the driver $200 (he helped us with the groceries) and we went in to check out our Shangrila.  Five thousand square feet of luxury with a full wrap around balcony and private roof top infinity pool. 

You may be wondering about how I got a condo like this for so little.  Be sure to read the Backstory post.

The condo check-in time was not until 3 but the housekeeper was kind enough to let us invade her space long enough to put away all of the groceries and get the perishables into the refrigerator.  After that strenuous effort we rewarded ourselves with a brief relax in the hammock chairs on the porch...

then headed on down to check out the beach which would be our home for the next week or so.
The beauty of this crystal-clear water is completely indescribable so I will not even try.  Just look at the pics.

There was an assembly of six palapas with built in tables and a large number of loungers that were reserved for the condo owners and guests.  We scoped out “our” palapa and used the same one every day. 

It’s almost as if everyone knew that was Bruce & Bren’s palapa and they knew better than to mess with it.  I would have gladly shared, honest!  We hung out at the beach for the rest of the day.  We went back and grilled a chicken when we got hungry but I don’t have any pics.  They were on my phone which went swimming on day 5.  I will save that story for later.

The sunsets were always so spectacular.  I checked the weather forecast each morning and the threat of rain was ALWAYS three days away. 

Aside from the shower on our day of arrival, we never saw a single drop.

Pugs and Bulldogs
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 506
  • Reward points: 1537
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/03 20:52:19 (permalink)
Really enjoying your report and pix.  Thank you!

Akumal - 1978; 2004; 2005; 2006; 2007; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011; 2013; 2014; 2015; 2016; 2017; Merida 2009; 2010

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
  • Reward points: 3857
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/04 06:14:27 (permalink)
Great report, I love all of the details and the photos.  The obvious lack of sagassum on that side of the island has me wanting to go back.

Wag more....bark less.
Tomas
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8680
  • Reward points: 1991
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/04 07:50:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Great start, Bruce. Fun to read. Rolandi's rocks. Too bad the ninth floor Prima's right next door has closed. That was the best dinner view on the island.

Please add a few negative comments about Cozumel. Can't have too many folks discovering our little chunk of paradise.

"Turn up the heat,
chill the rose,
stretch out on the beach
and let those metatarsals play"
(Rev. J. Buffett)
tooter
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 232
  • Reward points: 1191
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/04 12:02:46 (permalink)
thank you again and again.....
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
  • Reward points: 1971
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/04 12:13:16 (permalink)
Super Bruce!
CurlSnout
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 14925
  • Reward points: 1279
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/04 13:23:34 (permalink)
Nice report and pics! Fun!! thanks... :)

"Por que no refrescarte?"

OmahaBruce
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/04 13:46:57 (permalink)
A brief interruption of the daily journal to provide
The Backstory
I was becoming desperate for a Caribbean vacation.  My LocoGringo signature had been sans-ticker for waaaay too long and I’m sure that there are numerous posts somewhere whining about that lamentable fact.  So, when my wife texted me that she had found tickets to Cozumel for $368 RT each I told her, without a moment of hesitation, to pull the trigger. 
“But where will we stay?” she asked.
“Don’t worry about it, I’ll figure it out”. 
Honestly, I didn’t expect her to actually make the purchase so when I found the itinerary in my inbox a while later, I felt like I had won the lottery.  I would have preferred to book through LG into the condos next to Yal-Ku  and not long ago that was my plan for the next vacation.  But to be honest, the inundation of the pelagic sargassum (seaweed) factored greatly into my plans.  Since the west side of Coz is leeward to the natural flow of the messy stuff, it had become my new focus.
For the next few days I searched through the web looking at hotels, reading reviews, comparing amenities and prices, cross referencing ratings of multiple services – basic trip research that we all do.  Finally, I found a listing on VRBO for a single bedroom condo with small kitchenette that was very affordable.  When I looked at the availability calendar, it was completely booked except for the time that we needed it.  I took that as a sign and submitted a request.
Our flight was to land on Friday, 7/17 and the condo was not available until Saturday but I figured that could work to our advantage – allowing us the first night to enjoy San Miguel and do our grocery shopping before heading to the southern part of the island.  I was on the fence about renting a car so I started shaping my plans toward NOT having wheels unless and until that posed a serious problem.  Spoiler:  It never did.  We did not rent a car and it was an economic success.  At $21 per day (w/ins.), 10 days is $210.  We spent only about $60 in cab fares for the entire vacation.  Cha-ching!
I wound up booking our first night into the Barracuda hotel mainly because it was directly across the street from the Mega.  But, it also looked like a very fun place to stay (thanks, GoogleEarth!) and received decent reviews.  At $75/night it was a bit more than I wanted to spend but I really wanted our vacation to get off on the right foot.  Brenda and I have been married for 31 years and have never taken a vacation like this without kids so while I wanted to be frugal, I certainly did not want to be a cheapskate.
A week or so before we left, I received a phone call from the owner of the condo.  Our little one bedroom hacienda is actually part of a larger four bedroom penthouse suite with private infinity pool deck on the roof.  It has a separate entrance so she often rents it out separately but in this case, since the main condo had not been rented, she had decided to upgrade us to the whole penthouse at no extra charge.  Score!  5,000 sq,ft. with private pool, full wraparound patio with grill and hammocks, large fully equipped gourmet kitchen, spacious living room with big screen television (didn’t use much) and multiple bedrooms (but of course we only used the master).  All for $440 for the entire vacation.  Yeah, we were spoiled for sure.  There was reliable wi-fi and even an IP phone configured with a USA Google Voice account for free calls home.
In a corner of a whiteboard in my office I maintained a countdown of the number of days until we left.  It was not until that number was a 4 when I happen to think about cash exchange.  I learned that I would have to drive downtown to exchange (at about 14.80) to avoid paying a currier fee.  I decided to take my chances on the island.  This turned out to also be a smart move.  The Mega exchanged dollars (for purchase only) at a little over 15 and I purchased pesos at a Coz bank at about the same rate.
Everything was prepared.  Out-Of-Office messages were configured; kids’ meals and schedules were all in check.  The only thing left was to wait on the calendar for departure day to arrive while avoiding illness or injury.

Gwen
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 323
  • Reward points: 902
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/04 14:42:48 (permalink)
So enjoying your report.  Not much longer to wait for us, till then I am drooling over your vacation.  Thanks

Tomas
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8680
  • Reward points: 1991
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/05 07:25:53 (permalink)
Good to hear about the research, Bruce. I am the designated trigger-puller in the house. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get Ms. Crunch to open her wallet just a smidge and allow me to pull the trigger on the trip. She claims she is "the voice of reason".

There are some great deals on Cozumel. You just have to find them.

"Turn up the heat,
chill the rose,
stretch out on the beach
and let those metatarsals play"
(Rev. J. Buffett)
Steve O
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 824
  • Reward points: 1428
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/05 15:18:25 (permalink)
+4 (4)
Enjoying your report Bruce. Seems like you lucked out on the condo. Are you staying down by Residencia Reef Condos? That's what it kind of looks like from the photos. 

The Barracuda is a nice place to stay with a good location. My neighbor Dr. Joe has the chiropractic office in the store fronts downstairs.

You have given me inspiration to start my report which should have been done a few months ago. Keep the photos coming. 
OmahaBruce
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/05 15:37:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Steve O
Enjoying your report Bruce. Seems like you lucked out on the condo. Are you staying down by Residencia Reef Condos? That's what it kind of looks like from the photos. 

The Barracuda is a nice place to stay with a good location. My neighbor Dr. Joe has the chiropractic office in the store fronts downstairs.

You have given me inspiration to start my report which should have been done a few months ago. Keep the photos coming. 

Yes, Residencias Reef.  We were in building 2, #6330.  So walking across the deck-bridge-path toward the opening between building 2 and 3, #6330 is the top floor and roof of the south end of building 2, closest to building 3.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
  • Reward points: 3547
Re: Cozumel 2015: The Life of Riley on the Purse of a Pauper 2015/08/05 17:01:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bruce, I am glad you two had a great time and thank you very much for sharing your fun with us.

Feel free to post more pics, as we all love to see anything Mexico !
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5