HELP! I need to figure between a few AI: Iberostar Paraiso/ grand sunset/ Catalonia Maroma

Author
johny bxing
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 10
2015/04/16 12:34:09 (permalink)

HELP! I need to figure between a few AI: Iberostar Paraiso/ grand sunset/ Catalonia Maroma

My gf and I visited Iberostar paraiso beach 2 years ago, it was one of our favorite vacations, everything was perfect for us. This summer we plan to go back to Riviera Maya, but we see that their are other hotels that seem pretty nice

Catalonia Maroma

Grand Sunset Princess

Or even

Paladrium Kantenah

Grand Bahia Coba and and Luxury Bahia Sian Ka an

***the most important for us is a nice beach, good food, and nice room similar to Iberostar, and we don't mind families....

Thanks Ahead of time:)
Wifey
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 9536
  • Reward points: 2290
Re: HELP! I need to figure between a few AI: Iberostar Paraiso/ grand sunset/ Catalonia Ma 2015/04/16 13:40:37 (permalink)
Bahia keeps captive dolphins. Please  do not spend your money there. Plus, there are huge ugly rubber beach whales on that beach.

I've heard that Maroma is quite nice though I've never been there. 

tequib
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 573
  • Reward points: 945
Re: HELP! I need to figure between a few AI: Iberostar Paraiso/ grand sunset/ Catalonia Ma 2015/04/16 14:14:30 (permalink)
Unless you just prefer to have kids at the resort another place I think you would like is the Valentin Imperial Maya.  Great beach, rooms, food and fun.
D from Dallas
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 25
  • Reward points: 1448
Re: HELP! I need to figure between a few AI: Iberostar Paraiso/ grand sunset/ Catalonia Ma 2015/04/16 15:27:44 (permalink)
JB - We have been to the RM multiple times now.  With and without kids.  We were fans of The Barceló  -  the beach there is lovely - and our daughter got married there and it was also an extremely good experience - but we will not return there on purpose again - but I do recommend it to "First Timers" as it is well done and easy to navigate and there are some "hidden" things to do there.

Sorry - I tend to digress.....

We have been to the CRT (2), VIM (2), Dreams Tulum, Palladium Royal (2) and the Catalonia Playa Maroma.  When we went to the CPM (three years ago) we were on tight budget and it was priced so we could spend 8 nights there with our hard earned saved $$.  I knew going in it was a three star resort on a 5 star beach.  The sand on Maroma was like powder.  Amazing.  The rooms ok.  Bathrooms were fine.  Clean.  Clean.  The pool was lacking.  No shade around it at all and small.  And with the added benefit of kids at the resort there were babies in diapers in the pool which was sort of gross.  And yes I know in the ocean what I am floating in.  The main problem I had with the CPM was the buffet was not A/C'd.  It was at the front of the resort and nestled in trees and it was HOT HOT HOT.  And yes I did know that going in.  Perhaps consider the "resort hop" and spend a max of 3 nights there then move to another resort for another 4+ nights  - then you could experience the amazing sand - but not get annoyed at some of the 3 star issues at the CPM.  

Good luck on the "perfect resort" quest !!! 

Wifey
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 9536
  • Reward points: 2290
Re: HELP! I need to figure between a few AI: Iberostar Paraiso/ grand sunset/ Catalonia Ma 2015/04/17 10:49:18 (permalink)
Barcelo  keeps captive dolphins. Please  do not spend your money there. (yes... I say it over and over and over). 

Kwing
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8221
  • Reward points: 1990
Re: HELP! I need to figure between a few AI: Iberostar Paraiso/ grand sunset/ Catalonia Ma 2015/04/17 17:50:06 (permalink)
johny,
My husband and I stayed at the IB Paraiso and loved it, then we found the Grand Palladium.  There are no reservation limits and the beach is just beautiful.  The is no class system like the IB either, except for guests staying at the Royal Suites - which is adult only - where we like to stay.  The Palladium is a little over an hour (?) from the airport.

We have stayed at the Bahia before the dolphin prison and the Grand Palladium in my opinion is a better resort. I haven't stayed at CPM, but for reasons D mentioned, wouldn't.  Now the Catalonia Royal Tulum (in Puerto Adventuras) is Adults Only too and on a fabulous beach as well, we were there many years ago -  might want to consider that one.

Check out the Valentin Imperial Maya as tequb said, it's a bit pricier than the ones you mentioned, but looks and sounds oh so fabulous! It's Adults Only and just a bit north of the IB.  

I Agree with wifey - I'd take the Barcelo off the list too.
papacutoffs
  • Total Posts : 59
  • Reward points: 1180
Re: HELP! I need to figure between a few AI: Iberostar Paraiso/ grand sunset/ Catalonia Ma 2015/04/18 16:02:19 (permalink)
Iberostar Quetzal (tucan) , a little older than Paraisio. Smaller more Jungle growth. 2cd from the end of resorts on the So. end of Playa Del Carmen, (google earth it ). Still an easy walk to Playa for shopping or the Blue Parrot. If going into Playa for the night life take a cab back for About $15.

carloo1
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 147
  • Reward points: 565
Re: HELP! I need to figure between a few AI: Iberostar Paraiso/ grand sunset/ Catalonia Ma 2015/04/21 05:55:14 (permalink)
We have done the IB Tucan and Palladium White Sands.  Both are great resorts with terrific beaches and beautiful clean rooms.
So many kids at these resorts, especially at the Tucan (we knew going in) and the diapers in the pool really is disgusting. 
We may do the Royal at the Palladium next or IB Grand to try an adults only. 
Being closer to Playa Del Carmen was great; quick taxi (6 bucks) and you are at 5th avenue.
We would not go to a resort where they have dolphins.  They need to be free in the ocean.

Cindi

Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5