AVANT Rental Cars?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
SchnauzerDog
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3686
  • Reward points: 2125
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2014/12/31 16:41:18 (permalink)
  Looking for a 15 day rental .. so 10 days with 5 free is a nice deal!  Do these rates for Avant include collision and 3rd party liability?   If yes... what is the 3rd party liability maximum coverage?  Anyone know?  
post edited by SchnauzerDog - 2015/01/03 12:10:12

kim48237
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points: 63
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/01 22:19:04 (permalink)
Thanks for the info just requested a quote from Avant for april vacation.

SchnauzerDog
LocoGringo Customer
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/03 12:09:01 (permalink)
I received a quote for $780 USD all tax and insurance in for 15 days from Avant for a lower grade economy car.  Looks like American beats that by a bit.

HOWEVER.   I have twice requested the amount of liability coverage from him.   This is the reply..  "the quote is sent with zero franchise always have over 25 years"  ???   In researching this topic... some liability insurance is VERY minimal and not enough to cover you in a serious situation.   In Mexico you have to cough up the cash to get out of the country as rumor is you are guilty until proven innocent. 

I then requested he email the rental agreement and insurance coverage( as meeting him in the 10 minute parking zone at the Cancun airport doesn't really allow time for going over the agreement.)    No response back so far.

I'm all for saving a bit of time and hassle -  but buyer beware?    Will post back if he ever responds to those insurance /rental agreement concerns.  
post edited by SchnauzerDog - 2015/01/03 12:12:54

kim48237
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points: 63
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/03 13:46:11 (permalink)
Just got quotes from Avant and America.  Avant was $50 dollars more than America but Avant will match there price. FYI
Vancouver Sundog
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 7884
  • Reward points: 2534
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/03 16:15:31 (permalink)
Good idea to check the liability amount

Missing from all rental places except America (1.2 million pesos)

A triple PMASB2019  & AASB2019 (Part  I & II) -
Happening now

SchnauzerDog
LocoGringo Customer
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/03 16:18:55 (permalink)
He got back to me and emailed both the insurance and rental agreement.
According to him...
"Yes, liability coverage in case of accident  is up to $ 2,000,000.00 Pesos MN, which is around $ 150,000.00 US Dlls."

I asked if I could purchase additional... IMO one should have at least 2 million liability and he cannot offer that.  So.. I'm going to look elsewhere.    After reading reviews on TA about American I'd be pretty nervous renting from them as well.   Thinking I'll use one of the international rental companies, you usually get what you pay for.    Thrifty had great cars. 
post edited by SchnauzerDog - 2015/01/03 16:23:17

Pond
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 519
  • Reward points: 2168
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/07 22:31:59 (permalink)
Thanks from me too.. I have been a happy Easyway customer in the past, but recent reviews have been a little less positive. Glad I popped in here for some current advice!!
Pond
LocoGringo Customer
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/09 19:38:59 (permalink)
hoodoo99
We returned home on Friday and everything was perfect with Avant.  I pulled into the 10 minute parking at Terminal 2 about 5 or 10 minutes past the agreed upon meeting time and the Avant rep was there by the time I got out of the car and went to the trunk to unload.  He handed me the blank credit card form and we were on our way.  I'm very happy with the service and quality of the car.  We had the weird problem where the key wouldn't always come out after turning off the engine, but I found just taking it out of Park and back into Park usually fixed that.  The car itself looked new and had less than 16K Km on it.  I highly recommend Avant to everyone!

Thanks Hoodoo99...I appreciate your description of the whole process and your recommendation.
I received a great quote from them, and the only thing holding me back is that they do not come right out and say "0 deductible" on the collision coverage.
They did say  "Our   insurance option is for ALL RISK (CDW, LDW, ALI, Theft and Liability)" and "Insurance quoted covers ALL RISK.  No need to buy additional coverage’s." but I would like them to spell it out, if that is in fact what they offer.

Did they actually tell you that it is 0 deductible? 

I emailed them back last evening with that question and am patiently awaiting a reply.. 
I love the idea of the cooler.. very clever 

Dios Bo'otik Riviera Maya.. heaven is a camera in my hand and a snorkel in my mouth..

SchnauzerDog
LocoGringo Customer
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/09 20:25:22 (permalink)
Pond- ask him to email you the contracts.   He emailed them to me.   All wording is in Spanish.   Th deductible, according to what you must sign on that contract-  is 10%.     I"m too leery to sign this contract.   In a 10 min dropoff parking spot at the airport- considering I"m signing something written in a foreign language??  Na.    BTW... the liability insurance is inadequate.  Highly inadequate.   He won't sell additional.    Get what you pay for

If you send me your email address I will forward his email to  you.

Pond
LocoGringo Customer
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/09 21:57:01 (permalink)

That is very nice of you SchnauzerDog!
pm incoming....
I am a very competent driver, but this is why I am such a big fan of the 0 deductible 

post edited by Pond - 2015/01/09 22:03:46

Attached Image(s)

Dios Bo'otik Riviera Maya.. heaven is a camera in my hand and a snorkel in my mouth..

hoodoo99
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 128
  • Reward points: 941
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/12 10:29:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Pond - the email correspondence I had with Avant says zero deductible.  I think I left the original paperwork in the glove compartment when we turned in the car but it said 0 deductible as far as I could tell and the agent said it was zero when he presented the contract.  I guess it's possible something has been changed since then.

Email:
Requirements:
-
Minimum age 25 years old
-Valid credit card
-Valid drivers license (Any country  will be OK, international drivers license is not required)
Rate includes all applicable charges. Mileage is free.
All federal and local taxes are included.
No other charge applies except gasoline in case you deliver  less
amount than given.
Insurance quoted covers ALL RISK.  No need to buy additional coverage’s.
Car is delivered at the time and place of
your   convenience in any hotel or downtown Cancun , Playa del Carmen or in
Cancun international airport with no cost for you.
No "hold" required on your credit card as all other companies apply,
affecting your
cc limit..
You can pay Visa, Mastercard or cash as your convenience.
Our   insurance option is for ALL RISK (CDW, LDW, ALI, Theft and Liability)

Question from me:
Thank you Carlos.

So the $960 includes all taxes and full insurance with zero deductible?

Response:
Sure, rate include all applicable charges, no surplus or extras and YES  ZERO DEDUCTIBLE for drivers aged over 25.
It same space as Jetta classic , maybe a little less than new Jetta. Has a very good space , it’s An AVEO SEDAN.
Sorry but we only handle these ones in automatic transmission.
Sure you can find reviews form us on the web, and never we have done additional charges to cards other than signed by customers.
We are the only ones that do not pre authorize credit cards and put “ holds” on huge amounts on rental periods.

Well sure be happy and eager to have you as our customer, Try us , what we offer is what you get.
Thank you

Any questions or comments will be glad to attend
Best regards
Carlos Sanchez
AVANT RENTACAR
Tel reservaciones 24 hrs
(998) 865 42 76 & 97
NEXTEL (998) 112 48 26
Pablito
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 318
  • Reward points: 435
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/12 11:05:37 (permalink)
I stay with the "Big Boys" as there is no small independent business than can compete with price, quality of cars and ability to provide service. I would love to give the small independents the business but have always found them to be at least $200 more than Thrifty for a 30 day rental. The service, quality of cars and price has always been great. Mayan Boars previous post with price quotes on the different companies shows this well.

This stuff about Avants "free rental" days is simply a sales ploy.

Bax Ka Walik

Pond
LocoGringo Customer
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/14 00:26:37 (permalink)
Thanks hoodoo99!! Much appreciate the info, I am still tossing coins here 

powderglut
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 236
  • Reward points: 1081
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/01/14 06:30:10 (permalink)
Pablito
I stay with the "Big Boys" as there is no small independent business than can compete with price, quality of cars and ability to provide service. I would love to give the small independents the business but have always found them to be at least $200 more than Thrifty for a 30 day rental. The service, quality of cars and price has always been great. Mayan Boars previous post with price quotes on the different companies shows this well.

This stuff about Avants "free rental" days is simply a sales ploy.

It's awesome that you have cultivated a relationship with these guys to the point of trust. I don't come often enough to get this working relationship. Also....I'd rather not have to come in when we've landed and negotiate my price each time.  Agree with you on Avant's deal on free days. They "all" play their discount games.
I've used most of them. I feel Avant is offering me the best deal for a 15 day rental with insurance. They will deliver the car to the airport and will meet us there to drop it off. Lot of time and hassle saved. So far reviews on car quality and service have been good. 
So.. we're booked with Carlos (Avant) this spring. Will gladly report back on how it went. In the mean time, anyone using them, please report back on your rental experience. 
Wanderlust4Mexico
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 714
  • Reward points: 1345
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/02/17 11:34:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
powderglut.....We have returned and we used Avant.  I was extremely happy.  We had reserved a Chevy Monza (aut) for $284 total for the whole week.  We were greeted by Alberto right outside the terminal and he walked us over to the paid parking lot.  The car was fairly new looking.  We ended up getting a Chevy Aveo.  Maybe a 2-3 year old car.  It had some paint damage here and there, but I video taped the inspection and me signing all the contracts. I was given the option of paying in cash or credit, and the option of USD or PESO.  I gave him my CC, but it wasn't going through his machine.  Luckily I had gotten 6000 from the ATM in the airport, so I just gave him cash.  It was 4110 pesos for a full week.  Car came with 1/4 tank of gas, which was more than enough to get us to Akumal.  AC and radio/CD player worked great.  The car functioned perfect all week and had really good gas mileage.  I can't remember exactly how good, but we hardly had to get gas and we drove all over the place.  My only complaint was that I had asked for a car seat.  I even emailed several times to confirm.  My fear was that I was going to get an infant seat ( which only holds kids to 20lbs typically).  I would normally NEVER use a car seat from a rental, but I was willing, for some reason, to give it a shot this time.  The overly cautious voice within was bugging me all week before we left. "its a baaaddddd idea"  it kept saying.  So I purchased a backless booster seat and carried it on the plane for my 4 year old.  It was the smartest thing because the seat they provided was so small and it was literally a plastic frame with a fabric slip cover.  No padding.  No foam core.  I guess carseat standards differ in MX.  I asked Alberto to take it with him, and he did.  

We had a last minute....I mean VERY LAST MINUTE....change of plans.  5 minutes before we were to check out and hit the road to fly home on Feb 4th, we decided that we just couldn't.  We called Avant and asked if we could keep the car until Feb 8th.  They said no problema.  They charged us another 1700 pesos for the extra days.  

Upon return, Alberto met us at the designated meeting spot right on time.  He gave us our receipts and we parted ways.

I would use them again.  

"Not all who wander are lost" - J. R. R. Tolkien
powderglut
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 236
  • Reward points: 1081
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/02/20 07:44:41 (permalink)
Wanderlust4Mexico
powderglut.....We have returned and we used Avant.  I was extremely happy.  We had reserved a Chevy Monza (aut) for $284 total for the whole week.  We were greeted by Alberto right outside the terminal and he walked us over to the paid parking lot.  The car was fairly new looking.  We ended up getting a Chevy Aveo.  Maybe a 2-3 year old car.  It had some paint damage here and there, but I video taped the inspection and me signing all the contracts. I was given the option of paying in cash or credit, and the option of USD or PESO.  I gave him my CC, but it wasn't going through his machine.  Luckily I had gotten 6000 from the ATM in the airport, so I just gave him cash.  It was 4110 pesos for a full week.  Car came with 1/4 tank of gas, which was more than enough to get us to Akumal.  AC and radio/CD player worked great.  The car functioned perfect all week and had really good gas mileage.  I can't remember exactly how good, but we hardly had to get gas and we drove all over the place.  My only complaint was that I had asked for a car seat.  I even emailed several times to confirm.  My fear was that I was going to get an infant seat ( which only holds kids to 20lbs typically).  I would normally NEVER use a car seat from a rental, but I was willing, for some reason, to give it a shot this time.  The overly cautious voice within was bugging me all week before we left. "its a baaaddddd idea"  it kept saying.  So I purchased a backless booster seat and carried it on the plane for my 4 year old.  It was the smartest thing because the seat they provided was so small and it was literally a plastic frame with a fabric slip cover.  No padding.  No foam core.  I guess carseat standards differ in MX.  I asked Alberto to take it with him, and he did.  

We had a last minute....I mean VERY LAST MINUTE....change of plans.  5 minutes before we were to check out and hit the road to fly home on Feb 4th, we decided that we just couldn't.  We called Avant and asked if we could keep the car until Feb 8th.  They said no problema.  They charged us another 1700 pesos for the extra days.  

Upon return, Alberto met us at the designated meeting spot right on time.  He gave us our receipts and we parted ways.

I would use them again.  

Thanks for reporting back. Everyone who has rented with them (so far) has said they would use them again. Good to hear!
Thanks for the warning at the Pemex station. I guess we will have 1 of our passengers keep the old eagle eye on the pump until the end.
LaNell
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 204
  • Reward points: 1032
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/02/22 15:37:55 (permalink)
Does anyone know if Avant allows extra drivers for free? Trying to price compare between the 2 as well. Having a car delivered to the airport is very appealing since we are traveling with a toddler. Don't want to be moving car seats in/out of shuttles.
post edited by lhoppe - 2015/02/22 15:49:07

hoppybrewer
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 429
  • Reward points: 2067
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/02/22 15:58:19 (permalink)
Yes they do.
roxiegirl
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 72
  • Reward points: 1508
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/02/24 12:53:51 (permalink)
SchnauzerDog
He got back to me and emailed both the insurance and rental agreement.
According to him...
"Yes, liability coverage in case of accident  is up to $ 2,000,000.00 Pesos MN, which is around $ 150,000.00 US Dlls."

I asked if I could purchase additional... IMO one should have at least 2 million liability and he cannot offer that.  So.. I'm going to look elsewhere.    After reading reviews on TA about American I'd be pretty nervous renting from them as well.   Thinking I'll use one of the international rental companies, you usually get what you pay for.    Thrifty had great cars. 

I'm super curious as to why you might need 2 MILLION $ of liability.  

el gran chico
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 792
  • Reward points: 2004
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/11/04 20:08:24 (permalink)
Anyone used Avant lately?    It appears we may be heading back to Akumal in March and Avant sounded so promising last winter/spring.

Last in Mexico Mar 12 to 19, 2019 [19th trip to MEX, 15x to RM (1998 to 2019), 9x to HMB (2006 to 2016)]
Tamie
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 336
  • Reward points: 1778
Re: AVANT Rental Cars? 2015/11/07 17:58:27 (permalink)
We used Avant in September.  Great experience!  We flew in late at night, and didn't want to rent and drive from the airport, so we had Avant bring a car to our resort on a specific day at a specific time.  Their driver was going to be about 30 min. late, so they called my cell phone to let me know, but I just missed the call.  We were still in our room, and they called our room at the resort to tell us.  I thought that was great customer service since they made sure they got a hold of me by all means possible.  It was a quick transaction, and saved us the hassle of going to the rental office, like we've done in the past.  They also picked the car up at the resort.  Great communication with us through the whole process.  We got a good deal on a VW Gol and the car was in perfect condition, inside and out.  We had a zero deductible, and would use them again with no hesitation.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5