Best options? Couple with 2-year-old

Author
Brandilea8
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points: 2055
2014/06/10 20:28:59 (permalink)

Best options? Couple with 2-year-old

Hi guys, I have almost convinced my husband to make a quick trip to Akumal in July...almost. We are looking for accommodations for the two of us and our two-year-old. I stayed at Playa Caribe (2bed/2bath) on my last visit and loved it! We are trying to be a bit more budget conscience this time...are the PC casitas a valid option in your opinion? Any other places you all would recommend? Just wanted to ask before I sent a reservation inquiry in... Thanks for any help you can offer!

Oh, and should I look at places that have a friendlier beach entry? Thoughts?
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
  • Reward points: 1971
Re: Best options? Couple with 2-year-old 2014/06/11 06:55:54 (permalink)
The casitas are really nice.  Hotel Vista del Mar is close and has a pool and is inexpensive.  Cheap + easy beach entry in Akumal itself just doesn't exist in my book.  Unless you can get a cheap rate at ABR.
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
  • Reward points: 1711
Re: Best options? Couple with 2-year-old 2014/06/11 08:36:13 (permalink)
I've stayed at both the places crunch mentions and I would pick the Playa Caribe casitas - I stayed at Casita Annette last month and it was great and has two beds, well decorated with an awesome entertainment center. The manager, Agustin, could not have been more helpful.
TeriA
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1622
  • Reward points: 1977
Re: Best options? Couple with 2-year-old 2014/06/28 09:03:57 (permalink)
I'd recommend a number of options.  If you want space for the toddler to play inside then I'd consider a condo, and the Casitas are a great option. The beach at that end is busier. If you want the same condo option with more privacy you may want to look into the tons of options on Half Moon Bay. The beach entry isn't as good, but, fewer people on the beach itself. You will have to walk or golf cart to Akumal Bay if you want a nicer beach entry. Then you have Hotel Akumal Caribe (HAC) and Akumal Beach Resort (ABR). Both have great beach access, and HAC has little casitas in the back part of it's property, but, they aren't even ocean view much less ocean front. The hotel rooms are nice and there is a pool. Still, that is where the beach is busiest, and, unless you get a ground floor room, you will be going up and down stairs. With a toddler and all their stuff that can be a factor to consider. ABR has that beach, fewer crowds, and a pool. The rooms are mostly up stairs, so, you will be carrying things up and down for whatever you do, no elevators, unless you get a ground floor room. 

I guess it all depends on what you expect your days and nights will be like with your toddler. If they are the run and chase all day type, then, maybe a condo would be your best option.

" title=" ">

Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5