AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..9969979989991000.. > >> Showing page 999 of 1028
Author
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/07 18:54:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola all!  Everyone seems to be having a good summer, or should I say gooder  Finally got my "wellness" exam done and I appear to be well.  All caught up on everything and even remembered to get the Shingrix Vac.  That was an ouchie one!
Bernie, enjoy your family time.  It's so precious when they still want to visit.  Most of my grands are older 19-26,  with the 2 little tag alongs at 6 mo and 3 yrs.  Then I have the greats with Adalyn at 8 and the twins are now 10 months.  Thank goodness I still have the littles that love to come see us!  Had a few here all weekend and it was fun (but exhausting)  Kade had an 18 hour flight today back home from Kauai and now needs to get ready to return to Iowa State for his sophomore year.  Hoping to go to lunch next week before he leaves.  He's planning on spending all summer break in Kauai next year so that will be nice for him and his Mama.
Soso, your home is lovely.  Would love to see more!  When do you head back to MX?
MB, your redos are looking marvelous!  It's all coming together now. 
C & C, your dogs are so sweet.  I can't imagine them ever causing any trouble  Think how boring life was before they moved in.
Frank, Kensley is so cute and for sure to become a beauty, hang on while you can!
PJ, good to hear that SJ is getting some relief.  Hopefully soon he will be back to both hands!
Twirls, April sounds good for PoMo.  We have nothing planned after our October trip so will wait to hear what you all might be doing. We're open to pretty much anything as long as Tatt can get it off work.
UHK, your hikes all are breathtaking.  Monica and her husband do a lot of hiking on Kauai and her photos are beautiful too.  It's just getting there
Crunch, love the photos of your pups in your pool.  So much fun!  Did you get the results you hoped for from the last procedure?
Badger, how's Babs?  Sure miss seeing you guys!
Susy, how are you?
Maple, looks like you have events every weekend.  I love your photos, don't think I could sleep on the ground anymore!
Jamie, that seems quite awhile between eyes.  I felt very unbalanced in the 2 weeks I had to wait.  Be careful!
JJ, BB, Nipper,SNF, Barata, Pamela and everyone else, make it a great evening!
post edited by Gem - 2019/08/07 18:56:18
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/07 19:00:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Kade in Kauai

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/07 19:02:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Kolsen and Kasen  (yes he's eating a stick)

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/07 19:38:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  82 and sunny now.  Trying to recall today.  Light breakfast and then Mary Jo stopped by and took some recycle/garbage items with her and I emptied out a huge bag of cut grass in her compost bin.  Cut almost all the lighting boxes up and some Styrofoam was recyclable but mostly not.  Ran up to recycle place a few miles away with cardboard, 2 landline phone/recorders, two flip phone, wireless ear phones, florescent light bulbs and batteries.  They completed unloaded my vehicle and scanned my drivers license.  Totally impressed.  The rest of the day I have put more shelf liner in certain closets and spent some time on phone with SIL, Holly.  My nephew and GF are in town from east coast.  Hopefully we connect before their return on Sunday.  Almost forgot....got the tree removal estimate today coupled trimming on my two black walnut.  Eye opening as expected.  Have not received the landscaping estimate yet for all the erosion from the tree canopies and loss of grass on that sloping left hand corner on rear of lot.

SoSo, I did notice the moose art work earlier.  How fun with a long time  GF.  Seems timeless when you reconnect even if not that often.  My long time friend Judy and I have a similar friendship through past employer.  She's the gal whose husband was diagnosed with brain cancer 2018 Marzo.  Life is all about relationships, at least for me.  

Badger, funky weather for sure.  Dew points are finally dropping here for a bit.

Bernie, I'm sure the grill chicken and corn was ample and appreciated from exhausting traveling family members.  Hope you had a fabulous day at the beach.

Where is Twirls???

UpHill Bob.  Loved your trip report.  Beautiful.

Frank, glad you are checking back in lately.  My home is a tad under 2,000 square feet which is plenty of space for me.  Front to back split.  All vaulted and light and bright which enhances the size.  

For got about this post, so signing off for a bite to eat.  Too many distractions this eve.  Be well.  MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/08 05:43:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Had some more rain overnight, with lots of lightning, but oddly never heard thunder. A cool front that brought temps down to a comfortable high of 76 for today, with blessedly lower dewpoint. YAY!

Last night Chris spotted some blood on Joey's left front leg "feathers". I couldn't find any type of wound, but it dawned on me that since Sophie will chew on his legs, and she is losing her puppy teeth, it was most likely her blood. Didn't find a tooth, probably will when I'm barefoot.

Loved the kid pics, Gem. They all have to taste everything...we all did that too. I remember some teacher at some point talking about stuff kids taste and she held up a typical teacher's stapler and said "none of you would try to eat this, but all of you have a good idea of what it would taste like." It stuck with me, because it's true.

MB, yeah, that tree stuff can get pricey, but I do think it's worth it to have professionals (with their OWN liability insurance!) take care of it.
PJ, hope the hand continues to improve. Avoiding surgery is always a good thing, but if he needs it make sure you get the best surgeon available!

Hi to everyone, I need to get moving. Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/08 09:23:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning

If I don't post early, I get busy and forget.

Frank, beautiful baby and what a head of hair!

Bob, scary heights once again but worth seeing (in the pics) for me.

Soso, I love those days of visiting long time friends, particularly in a pool!

PJ, I hope SJ's hand recovers without surgery.  I had hand and wrist surgery 3 times.  I hated wearing that brace.  I couldn't even open a can of soup.  That's how Jan and I became friends.  I went down the apartment hallway, knocking on doors, until I found someone to open the soup.  She came and fixed my soup!

MB, you have it under control.  Relax and enjoy your efforts.

Gem, Cute kidddos.  Sticks won't kill him and I bet they were kind of yummy.  I remember eating Elmer's glue.  Don't know why we thought that was good.  YUCK!

Suzy, very interesting.  Wish you would show up here more often.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/08 09:27:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I had to give up on my last post.  PC was acting up.

Not much going on here.  Rain is steady.  OOPS, I just noticed it's 9:30 and I have a 10 am massage.
I'll try again later.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/08 10:47:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and humid here.  Had a more T-storms and heavy rain yesterday.  High 91F this afternoon.
Nothing much exciting going on.  Just the usual chores.  Still had a couple of cups of Michigan blueberries left.  
Baked another loaf of the delicious blueberry/yogurt bread.  SJ has been taking slices to work to eat before
taking the steroid meds.  Along with hard-boiled eggs.  
Sj is getting more movement in his hand.  Able to button his own shirt this morning.
Cooking for him has been a bit of a challenge.  Refused to let me feed him. 
Have to prepare food he can pick up with his left hand.
All I got!  Wishing everyone a great day!  Hugs 

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/08 12:04:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Mornin BCrs

Gem the twins are growing up so fast wow.  Looks like you are heading south this fall, we do not have any plans this fall as the pup and parents need constant attention.  Not sure with next year, want to see how large Zoey gets before we embark on airfare. 

PJ glad to hear there is a small improvement in SJ's hand.  Your MS plans sound lovely, our son is doing some work at Oxford University in MS this week.  Can't wait to see your pics as I have never been in that area.  Don't wreck your back on the branch, glad everyone was safe during the storm.

Suzy whats up for you and Tim.

Pablo work work work.

That's a huge home Frank.  We have a portable AC unit for just our bedroom instead of cooling the whole house at night and save some coin.

Working on the social committee bottle drive this morning. (2 truck loads)  What a bunch a lushes in our community.

C&C hope you don't step on the tooth.  Zoey currently has no lower incisors right now and looks pretty funny.  I've never seen any of her teeth LOL pooped them out I guess.  She is definitely off her food and loves eating ice cubes which help with the swelling.

MB those arborists make a mint, how I disliked our huge black walnut tree.  The only thing I did like is all the squirrels that would sit and eat the nuts -all you heard was crunch, crunch, crunch.

Speaking of Crunch, hope work has eased up girl.

UHK that canyon looks very nice, long drop.  

Twirls have you looked into acquiring your meds or med equivalent for long stays in MX?  

Everyone else make it a gooder!

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/08 12:06:54 (permalink)

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/08 17:15:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, have you thought about putting some medicine on Joey's tail so Sophie will not bite it? Maybe something like they put on kids' thumbs to keep them from sucking them? Hope she gets her regular teeth soon.

Cute kids Gem, guess the stick won't hurt, they told me when I was about 3 I ate a caterpillar. My mom panicked and called the doctor (I was the first child) who told her not to worry, it was pure protein and would come out.

Glad to hear that SJ is doing better, PJ. Hope you have a nice trip to Beau Rivage.

Hope Bernie has a nice time today with Meredith and the grandkids and posts some pics maybe tomorrow.

Crunch are you done with your injections yet? How is that working?

That virus really kicked my butt, almost ten days, felt great Tuesday and got a few errands done but relapse yesterday, taking it easy the next few days. Weather is nice here, sat out on the patio for an hour or so to take advantage of some sun and natural light and vitamins, a firm believer in the healing power of sun (and also salt water).
Looks like Directv and CBS settled their disagreement, my regular programs are back on. Yippee!

Good luck with the tree, MB.
A number of years ago Jim and I rented a house in Manhattan Beach for almost 20 years and we lost a peach tree which produced delicious white peaches as well as a purple leaf plum due to beetles boring and cheap landlord refused to call arborist.

Hope Bernie had a nice time today with Meredith and the grandkids
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/08 21:32:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

As I stated earlier, not much going on.  Steady or dripping rain most of the day.  Currently the humidity is 94%.  Its so clammy and damp my fingers stick together.  Everything is sweating including the fruit I bought at the market.  It's very wet and hard to escape.  The temperature was also very cool all day.  You don't need A/C except for the humidity removal.  If it runs too long, it gets too cold in the house but you have to run it or everything sweats and sticks.  Very uncomfortable.  

I planned to can some pickled green tomatoes today.  Didn't get it done because I need fresh dill.  Couldn't find it anywhere including the Farmer's Market.  The produce stand on the corner is going to bring me some tomorrow so I guess I'll be pickling and canning tomorrow.  I love pickled green tomatoes and even in the Ozarks they are hard to find.  Also bought more peaches to can or freeze.  The peaches have been wonderful but the season is coming to a close.  Melons have not been good due to summer rains but I finally got a huge cantaloupe today that is sweet with flavor.

Pearl has a bad ear infection.  Not yeast so don't know what caused it.  I was thinking yeast because she is still so itchy.  Once her ear clears up we'll address the itching.  
Margarita is still acting very needy and ill at ease.  Again not sure what is up but she seems not quite herself.  She wants a lot of petting and attention that she didn't use to like.  

Chris has been working on my antique display case.  He really has done a great job on the brass.  We completely stripped the layers of paint on the wrought iron base and painted it with black lacquer. There is a lot of brass trim and medallions and it will look beautiful and original as it was.  It was in a KC landmark store.  Hartzfelds original store in downtown KCMO.  I think they went into business in the 20's there.  The stores closed and sold everything including the decor and fixtures in about 1980.  Jan and I attended the entire 3 day sale and bought a lot of stuff CHEAP.  She now has the gold gilt curio cabinet that I bought.  It has 50+pieces with 1" beveling on heavy glass panes in the two doors that open and it was lighted.  It 's a beautiful display piece but not practical and I gave it to her when I got rid of all the heavy Victorian antiques I had.  I accidentally almost burnt it up in a fire on Christmas Eve one year.  A floral and feather display on top caught fire when the peacock feathers drifted into candle flames.  Jay saved it.  

I'm rambling.  

Enjoy tomorrow.

Badger, I didn't see any Delta price drop for miles.  Haven't booked but watching.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/09 05:16:47 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Friday.

Babs and I are leaving here shortly to join a bus load of people going to Milwaukee for a Brewers game this evening, we'll be back late tomorrow.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/09 06:05:57 (permalink)
Good Morning
Enjoy your much needed 2 days off PyB! Hope the Brew Crew gets a win for you this evening!

Chris and I are going to a wedding tomorrow. Chris' old college roommate's youngest daughter Molly is the bride. The reception is at the Osthoff in Elkhart Lake. We went to book a room for the night (they had a reserved block for wedding guests) and were told it was a 2 night minimum stay. It's only about 45 minutes to an hour away from here, but we thought  we would stay until they told us the 2 night minimum. It's  a pretty high end hotel/resort. (read NOT CHEAP) so I guess we won't stay at the reception very late. The cost of staying would be more $ than our wedding gift! Because Road America (the race track) is in Elkhart Lake, the Osthoff, which is a very nice hotel, has put on "airs", since Michael Jordan is a semi-regular guest there. (Jordan owns a motorcycle race team)  Anyway, the kids are coming up tomorrow to stay and take care of the dogs, and will spend the night here since we probably won't be home much before 10:30/11pm. So this morning I need to set up the Pack 'n Play so Didi has a place to nap and sleep and then generally air out the guest rooms. Once that is taken care of, I'll probably spend the bulk of the day on the mower. Oh, and by the way, Bernie, you asked about the deck size sometime back. It's a 48" deck. I wish we had gotten the 52".

Jamie, I may just try putting some of that sour apple spray on Joey's tail! Thanks!
Yesterday morning as I was making the bed the dogs were wrestling again. Then I saw 2 large blood spots on the carpet. As I was cleaning that up, I did find a Sophie tooth. Also found one several days ago on the bathroom floor downstairs. I have been softening her food up with warm water and she seems to really like it that way. Much easier for her to eat.

I seem to be rambling, so I'll go get started on the day. Have a good one!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/09 06:17:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi guys.

Quick post just to let you know I'm busy with the family. Yesterday a very long day. Out of the house at 9AM to Myrtle Beach to see the Aquarium. It was very crowded with many screaming kids but enjoyable to see Jack and Sam having fun. Then off to Debby's house to visit with her and John hung some pictures for Deb. The we all had spaghetti dinner; got home by 7 o'clock.

Today is a boat day. Off to get the Lillie Mae shortly, get some gas and back to the house to load up the boat. Hope to be on the water by 10:30 and will motor down South to Little River to dock at Snooky's for lunch. It should not be an all day trip. High today 91 degrees !  Meredith and John are not used to the humidity. They leave Sunday. Will not be posting pictures until they go home.

Y'all have a good one,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/09 06:43:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Looking forward to those pics Bernie. Glad you are having a fun although exhausting time.

Glad you are getting better Jamie. That virus has taken down a few here at work too.

Speaking of work, it has been kicking my butt, I may have to try to set some limits. Good luck with that lol.

Soso - sorry about the parents stuff. I know how hard that is. How old is Zoey and what does she weigh now?

Have a great time at the game and enjoying the non-driving Babs and Badger. Who is minding the fur kids?

Beautiful country Bob.

Butt is ok. Still struggling a bit with sitting.

That humidity, but wet and chilly does not sound fun Twirley.

Glad SJ's hand is getting better PJ. 

MB - things are finally starting to wind down a bit huh? Yay!

Have a nice time at the wedding C&C. That 2 night minimum stuff sure sucks.

Soooooooooo hot and humid here. 100+ and humid = heat index of 110 and no end in sight. We need the rain back!

Got to runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/09 07:28:55 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Friday

I wanted to post on page 999

I lurk often but don't feel I have anything profound to add. Currently I have a cold or allergies. I'm thinking cold as I was around kids last weekend. And the Y this summer has been packed with kids for summer camp. You can tell the Y has upped the chlorine in the pool

My mower is in the shop. I guess it's a good time since we haven't had a bunch of rain over the past few days. Grass is longer than I like it, but it's not out of hand yet. Mine is a 46 inch deck I think but wish it was 100

Back to lurerdom. Might get a wild hair and post on page 1000

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/09 09:14:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger

Geez, Frank, when it rains, it pours for you. Not an HVAC expert, but I think you did real well on that AC unit.

I was happy with the price plus it came with a 10 year bumper to bumper warranty, Some may frown that he does not belong to a union.  He used to but no longer does due to retirement.  Worked for the local gas company for around 39 years.  Knows the ins and outs of the gas business.  I'd call him to work on my mom's equipment before I'd call any other company.  He is as honest as the day is long.  Knows how to prolong the life of a unit.  Actually met him thru another repair guy the my guy was helping out.  My guy had the new gauges needed for this new Freon the government is requiring in a few years.  Other guy did not have the gauge.  He has been a life saver.  Glad I met him.
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/08/09 15:59:03
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/09 09:23:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with more rain on the way.  High near 90F.  
Very humid here as well. 
Walked up the back drive yesterday to look at the big limb blocking drive.
Way to big to drag to the brush pile.  Will need to saw it into smaller pieces. 
I have nada.  Just another day of the usual chores.

BeachBilly,  hope you feel better soon.  

C&C,  Enjoy the wedding.

BB,  have a great day on the water with your family.  Boys are going to love it!

Badger,  wishing you and Babs a great time at the game.  

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/09 10:25:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Friday.

Babs and I are leaving here shortly to join a bus load of people going to Milwaukee for a Brewers game this evening, we'll be back late tomorrow.

I know you will have a great time especially since you are playing Pittsburgh, the last place team in our division.  For your sake I hope they win!  For my Cardinals we would like to see a loss since we need to pick up some ground to knock you out of 2nd place..  That is if we can win.  Coming off that 0-5 West Coast trip really hurt.  When it comes to the playoffs I'll be cheering for the Brewers as long as the Cardinals have blown it and aren't in it.
PS--Drink up, you have a designated driver!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/09 10:45:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
B and B, hope you have wonderful fun and get a bit of rest!
You too C and C!

Glad to "see" you, BB.

I stayed in bed way too late.  Woke in the night with my butt/back ache.  Took an Ibuprofen.   Woke again in a few hours and hurt again.  Must have been the way I was positioned.  But then lay there too long and dozed.  

We haven't gotten the torrential downpours that are around us.  Did get a lot of steady rain.  Filtered sun with heat and sticky humidity again today.  Probably more storms coming.

The frame on my display cabinet looks fabulous with the black lacquer and shined brass medallions.  Now the interior looks suck!  Guess I'll paint it.  It's an old faded cream color.  It originally had dark green velvet lining but it was rotten when we got it. I need to replace the long tubular light bulb so it lights up again.  If I can find one.  It's not florescent. The fixture that hold the tube is also brass.  I planned to sell it but I think I will set it up with family photos and memorabilia like old jewelry, gloves, beaded antique handbags and Great grandpa's fiddle.  Maybe I can find a piece of velvet and reline it.    Seems fitting to house such items (that which I don't know what to do with otherwise.

Need to get dressed and go pick up the fresh dill and get busy with green tomatoes.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/09 19:47:13 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Going to try to catch up with all of you.  Update for me the last day or so......painter came by today to tape and mud in upstairs bath.  I spent about 3 hours on the lawn today, which was great with the low humidity. Got most of my recycles and garbage removed from all the projects. Super tired.   My nephew, Luke, the doctorate,  and his sexy GF, from West Virginia were here  for a short  visit.  I absolutely love her.  First met her at his sister's wedding last fall.  Life is good and be happy.  MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/10 06:07:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Hit a wrong key and lost my post earlier.
Looks like it will be a beautiful day for a wedding; sunny skies with a high of 80 and low humidity. We should be on the road by 12:30 or so, need to stop for gas, and I know etiquette calls for guests to be seated 15-20 minutes prior to start of ceremony.

This morning I will spend some time with my neglected Swiffer and vacuum. Dog hair piling up. They were outside most of the day yesterday as I was mowing (caught Sophie digging and spreading around some freshly laid mulch that I had just cleaned up from her previous digging SO NAUGHTY!) Did get the mowing done, and no rows of unsightly clippings! 

MB, sounds like the projects are wrapping up. I hesitate to ask, but what is the status with the Andersen people?
BB, good to hear from you, check in more often!
Bernie, looking forward to pics.

Better get going, the dog hair awaits! have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/08/10 06:51:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch 
Butt is ok. Still struggling a bit with sitting.

Oh my!!!! a Butthurt report!!! This made me laugh this morning. I'm not laughing art what you are going thru, just the way you phrased it. BTW, it sounds like things are improving for you and that makes me happy. 

I got back last night from an abbreviated trip on the Moose River in Jackman. We had planned this to be a 3 night four day trip, with a bad weather day built in so guys could get back to work on time.

We first arrived in Jackman and spotted a car at the portage, and got started paddling at noon. Our target was a campsite at Lower narrows, about 12 miles of paddling later. There were 3 campsites shown on the map in this location, 2 on one side, one on the other. The two on one side had homes built where the campsites should have been, and there was no campsite on the other side, which we scoured the shore looking for it, for an extra mile down and an extra mile back up. NO campsite! And it is raining now. But we had found an unofficial campsite about a mile back, no picnic table, no privy. But in a pinch, we made it work, and we were fine.
We were accompanied by eagles all over

It poured that night, I mean buckets! But we did awake to see a moose in the pond out in front of us! A good photographer eats with his camera, sleeps with his camera, etc.... I didn't have my camera at the ready... Apologies.
We were all fine and come morning, the rain let up and we broke camp and headed the rest of the way across the Long Pond. The wind was blowing and the chop was almost 2 feet high on the lake, Fortunately, it was blowing the direction we wanted to go, but we had to head out into it and reverse as we were on the windward side of the point. One of our party rolled his kayak and sliced his hand on a rock, getting in, so that delayed our start a little bit.

Finally, we had across the lake, almost surfing across as the wind pushed us! Finally, we are done with the lake and back to river running.

I pull out my fishing rod, and bang, I have a small mouth bass. Next cast, another. Next cast, a hit! Now, everyone is pulling out their rods and the fishing is awesome! We are all catching fish. In an hour or two, I had caught and released 14 fish, most of them keepers.

We kept two fish for a fish fry for the night. We were just looking forward to it. As we went downriver catching fish, we had to periodically stop to run some rapids, then back to fishing. Just after lunch, we reach the portage where Dan's Jeep and trailer are waiting, and we head off to bypass the tougher rapids.

I guess you could say we found "a" portage, but it was over 1000' and down a steep bank. So we check out the other side of the river and find it, again, a thousand foot portage. Not quite as steep. Now it is raining, heavily. And we just are not certain if there is actually a campsite awaiting us.

The plan is for me to take my kayak, empty, down the portage and head out to see if there is actually a campsite, as I had the fastest kayak. Then I would come back and relay my findings before we sluff all our gear and boats.

It's 4 PM or so, the wind is howling, so crossing the next lake would not be fun, pouring uncertain if there was a campsite, and we had to sluff all the gear and boats a long way. So we all made the group decision to bail.

Four factors weighed in on this: 
Rough water across the pond. 
Heavy rain currently coming down.
Long portage with all the gear.
Uncertainty of there actually being a campsite.

If we had eliminated any of these four factors, we'd still be there. But here we are, with some good memories, ready to go on another trip!

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/08/10 07:15:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi everybody.

Hot again today. Sunny skies forecast with a high of 90 degrees. Already 79 at 7:48.

Yesterday's boat ride was nice. Kids were a little scared at first when I went zoom zoom but when Mer went to sit on the cushions in the bow they joined their Mom and had fun. We all ate lunch at Crab Catchers and sat inside to be out of the heat. After lunch we motored back to the ramp and brought the boat home for cleaning; brutally hot. Meredith and I scrubbed the boat down while John got the kids inside for a nap. I didn't take the boat back to the storage place until almost dark

Today will be an indoor day at Planet Fun with the kids. I have never been there; it has bowling and a ton of games that Jack and Sam will enjoy. I'm guessing there will also be a ton of screaming children as well.

I have been catching up on the BC posts at nighttime as a lurker. John just made scrambled eggs for the adults so need to scoot. As SoSo would say, have a gooder.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..9969979989991000.. > >> Showing page 999 of 1028
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5