AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..991992993994995.. > >> Showing page 992 of 1045
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/22 07:50:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Nice sunny skies this AM and the beach folks will love the forecast of today's sun and a high of 89 degrees. The current temp is 79F at 7:35. Yes, BeBe slept in just a little and I really needed it. So nice that Freddie didn't bug me.

Yesterday Devin called me to confirm he would cut my grass and start at 7 PM. He did a great job and I was so happy to see the lawn looking nice again. I got outside just long enough to fill the gas tank in my mower and fill up the bird feeders. I'll tell ya one thing about being in the house all day with the TV on : certain commercials are driving me crazy. I'm about ready to call State Farm corporate and ask if they will pull the one about the woman's "she-shed" that gets hit by lightning. hee,hee. Another one is Liberty Mutual's series with that emu. It eases to be funny after the 100th time. Ha !

Another day of nada around here. I have a my yearly doctor's appointment this Thursday at my gastro's office. It's probably best to call them to reschedule.

Happy Birthday PJ. You looking good in your picture with the cake  !!  Very nice for SC to get home this weekend to help move the old TV plus help you with grocery shopping. She is the best daughter ever !

MB, yes, cra-cra is a good description of being cooped up in the house. Sounds like your new projects are about to drive you cra-cra as well.

Hi Jamie. What a pain on the CBS/cable TV battle. It's always about the money, right ?

Thank you for the cyber hug, Cindy. This shingles stuff can wear you down both physically and mentally.

Hi Badger. Now I want a 'walking taco' for breakfast.

Thanks for your best wishes, Crunch. Another couple of weeks and this should be a bad memory. Sorry to hear the news about more troubles with you Dad again.

Need to get some food in my tummy.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/22 09:47:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

72 and Raining here!  Just a light steady rain now.  I didn't hear any storms in the night but they were headed this way when I went to bed.  I gave in and took an ibuprofen before bed so I slept pretty pain free until early AM.  
Supposed to clear off and be 79 this afternoon.  

Where's Bernie?

Jamie, I have Dish and so far no CBS problem that I noticed.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to PJ a bit early.  Glad you had a fun day with new toys!

Cindy, LOL.  I can imagine.  I used to let the schnauzer babies wake my mom in the same way.  But they only weighed a tiny bit!

I'm debating house guests.  Friends from years ago that I haven't had regular contact with because we are just so different these days.  Actually they always were but we did have more in common back 30-40 years ago. They invited themselves.  They are driving thru on vacation heading south to the coast with a 4 year old granddaughter they are raising. I do not want to hear about all the daughter problems, over all the years, which is what came between them and most everyone.  I'm only 3 hours from their house so I don't really understand the need to stay the night here.    We have nothing in common.   However my circle of friends is growing smaller and I hate to cut myself off from people who do reach out so....    So far I have just said that I planned to go out of town but plans are up in the air and dependent on another travel companion, which is kinda true.  Ann and I did discuss an overnight out of town and still haven't decided.   

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/22 10:06:28 (permalink)
+2 (2)
There's Bernie!  We crossed posts.  I hear you about the commercials.  I think it's also Liberty Mutual with the "witless protection" guy and the over developed calves guy.  I hate them all!  There ought to be a law about how many times per day and per month they can run the same stupid commercials.  Like the Sonic guys!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/22 12:40:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon BCers!
Raining again...  A high temp of 84F for today.  Mid-eighties is about all the cold front is giving us this week.
Pooped out from this weekend.  Just going to work on small chores.  Wash the bedding. 
Get out the suitcase...start gathering up items for travel to the family reunion on Friday.  

Cindy,  My Bday isn't until next Monday.  But we will be on the road traveling back from the family reunion.
SC wanted to give me the proper Bday celebration with a cake and presents.  So she surprised me.  So sweet of her!
Had to laugh about the dogs pouncing on you this morning!  Rude awakening!  LOL
My mother would do that with the Lab we had when I was a teen.  Got me out of bed real quick!  

Jamie,  my husband could explain the problem between your local TV stations and DirectTV.
Best I can explain is...The TV station and DirectTV are in the middle of negotiating a new contract.
Your local CBS TV station is refusing to pay the new fee that DirectTV wants to charge to carry
that TV station on their satellite service.  So no new contract has been signed.  The old contract expired. 
DirectTV shut them off.  The new contract will eventually get settled and your local CBS station will return on DirectTV.
Meanwhile, your local CBS TV station is hoping the public will raise so much H*ll with DirectTV that they
will lower the fee price.  It is contract renewal time in the television business.  Everyone wants a bigger piece of the revenue.  

Bernie,  glad you hired your lawn to be mowed.  Keep taking it easy.  Need to be over this before your company arrives. 
Yah,  some of those commercials will drive a person bonkers.  Constantly surprises me that a company
paid big bucks for the commercial.    Lil doggie even has a negative opinion on some commercials.
If there are beeps, knocking or honking.  She is gonna growl. LOL

Badger,  your pictures of Lake Superior were gorgeous!  Wanna see the lake someday.  
Walking Taco looks good!  

Twirls,  if you are not sure you want the old friends to visit.  Take the road trip. 
Really don't need any added stress.  You seem to be comfortable with Ann doing most anything.

MB,  sounds like projects are coming together.  That is great!  Enjoy the cooler weather.  Hugs

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/22 14:23:11 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Can't believe the summer is half gone already!  Seems like a whirlwind.  Thankfully, we're getting a little cooler temps this week.  The street in front of our house is being repaved and the work is to last a month!  Ugh!  They start at 7 and go all day, nothing but dust and noise.  Only good thing is they had to take out the last 2 sections of our driveway, which was starting to crack and cave in, so that will be a free replacement!
PJ, I hear you about the cable, dish, internet, whatever it is that we all have to succumb to.  I absolutely hate paying our cable/internet bill every month.  It's $180!  I think it's outrageous, but in order to get the high speed internet and Tatt insists on his car shows and sports channels, I just don't know of another way.  I'd love to try the Netflix, Hulu, Sling, etc.  But we'd still need internet to access them and if we drop everything, our internet alone would go up to $70/mo.  They have ya by the balls, heh?  If anyone has a magical answer, please share!
Walking Tacos-huge hit here.  Seems like they have them everywhere.  We did them last year for Kade's graduation party and it was so easy peasy.  
Speaking of Kade, he's on his way to visit his Mom and step dad for 2 weeks in Kauai, before heading back to his sophomore year at Iowa State.  His 2 step brothers are there now and they did a deep sea fishing trip yesterday, caught 3 huge Ahi? tuna.  I'll try to get a photo up.
Bernie, hope the shingles are going away.  That reminds me to be sure to get the latest vac at my next annual exam the end of the month.  
Crunch, I am so sorry your Dad is making everyone miserable again.  I truly think, with aging, they forget how cruel they might have been.  My mom was an ok mom, but certainly not the "sweetest little lady" that all the people at her retirement community seem to see
I'm still watching for cheap flights to Houston.  I just don't think I can do American ever again.  It always turns into a nightmare for me every time.  Watching Delta closely, will probably go the end of November now.
The twins are 9 months now and are getting in to everything.  I don't know how Baylee does it.  But they're so darn cute.  Luckily their Daddy is very involved and helpful.  She lives 30 miles away, but comes over once a week just to be able to have a little break and I can chase after them.

Hi to everyone, I enjoy reading daily of all your comings and goings, love seeing all the photos of beaches, puppies, kitties, and rabbits and all.  Make it a great day!
one of the ahi 
the twins 
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/22 16:13:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Cute babies, Gem, hope you can find a good flight to Houston.

Bernie, I hear ya on the commercials especially the Liberty Mutual emu ones, also Flexseal.Flextape where guy cuts a hole in the bottom of an aluminum boat, seals it with the tape and takes it out to sea, keep hoping the boat sinks. We also have at least a half dozen law firms advertising for clients who have been in car or work accidents (California is a very lawsuit happy state).

Badger, that walking taco looks really good. Have not seen them out here yet would love to try one. Looks a little like an old fashioned Frito pie. Hope the heat breaks a little for you. I did try your suggestion for streaming online but do not have the right type of receiver. The good news is I just got a call from Directv and the tech will be here in 15 minutes to install an updated receiver so hopefully some of my problems will be solved.

Happy belated anniversary to Chris and Cindy.

PJ, have a wonderful time at your reunion, the cake looks fabulous. SJ is partly right about the negotiations, CNBC story says a dozen cities are impacted including New York as well. So nice that SC was able to visit and help with the old TV.

Twirls, wish I knew what to suggest, maybe leaving town would work best since you do not seem to tolerate fools well these days.

Good luck with your projects MB, sounds like you are almost done with the bathroom.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/22 17:12:34 (permalink)
Hola! Just finished up with the deck work for my buddy, except for one last rail piece that I wanted to use my table saw to rip and make a clean cut, router the edge and sand. It's in my car, ready to head back to him. Nice to have some relief from the heat today, only mid 70's with cloud cover and showers. We were no wetter than when it was 90 and we were sweating. They are taking us out to a restaurant for dinner in the next week or so. Surprise us I said! They may be vegetarian, but they had ham sandwiches on some real good bread, cheese and mustard. I mean upscale sandwiches! Fresh fruit and cookies. They fed me well and I helped out a friend!

Crunch, you can only do what you can do. And as always, you do your best and that's that. 

Twirley, house guests. I've seen a good many people been taken advantage of by house guests. One retired lady was goaded into spending some 20K one summer and had to go back to work to refill her coffers! Extreme, but this was my next door neighbor. It is amazing how fast house guests can go thru home owners' money. They are 3 hours away. I'm thinking why not a day trip for a visit? Or maybe an over nighter to break up the loads of driving. If they are wanting to stay a week or so, sounds like they want a vacation, provided by you, at your expense. I'm sure you see where I am coming from.

Hey, we all want company, we're social creatures, but we don't want to be taken advantage of. Boundaries. I find it interesting that I stay at my mother's and my Aunt's when I go south, they'd be heartbroken if we didn't. They have laid out the boundaries, they have lives and won't/can't be our activities guides, we are on our own most of the day time, but we have a bedroom and an adventurous spirit, so that works. We do the evenings together, of course. But at my lady's parents, it's a small retirement home in DC, we happily get a hotel. And we spend a good deal of time with them. 

Gem, first, awesome tuna!!!! And the twins, at that age, everything into the mouth, eh? Now, about TV internet. They do have us by the short hairs! We like certain channels and to get them, the bill is about $100 per month. We have done the netflix/hulu thing. And it works... but not quite the same. Commercials, and there is no fast forwarding thru them. On Dish TV, I record everything and watch it later that evening or the next night. A 30 minute show is 22 minutes with 8 of commercials. It really is nice to FF thru them. Netflix etc... has a lot of stuff, but watching your game live can be challenging. Getting the show you want can sometimes be work. We've run out of movies that interest us after a couple months, then they only add in maybe a dozen that will interest us for the next couple months. It's cheaper, for sure, but it's cheaper. In the whole scheme of things, I want to be adequately entertained when it is raining outside or I need some down time. Netflix works for a while, but regular TV works all the time. 

Bernie, taken it easy and healing up. I think you have to take it easy to get it to go away. Take the down time. 

Hola MB and PJ, SoSo and everyone!

Dinner tonight is a rotisserie roast with potatoes and asparagus. Ice cream later.

Have a great evening!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/22 18:29:45 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  A beautiful 77 degrees and partly cloudy.  A top 10 weather day in MN and a repeat tomorrow.  Enjoyed the shower and did a small load of clothes that I mowed in.  I have become so allergic to grass the last few years. Oh well.  Got a hold of the electrician a few moments ago.  He plans to stop out sometime this week to take a look at the bathroom fixture so Jerry, the painter, can move ahead with his work.  Also needed to talk to flooring company about the job. Just a couple of things I know we can work through....one of the carpet metal strips leading into bedroom not good and will need corner round around the base of the vanity, but will probably have Jerry, the painter, buy real wood and stain, seal and install it.  Doubt that the flooring store can match the oak stain color in the bathroom. Moving forward.  

Jamie, hope you get it figured out. Heard another update tonight on national news that it is an issue that will hopefully get resolved with CBS.  The almighty dollar rules and has for thousands of years.....sad.

Cindy, sorry I had to laugh as well about the doggie wake-up call.  Glad Joey didn't take you out.  

PJ, that was so sweet of your loving daughter.  Some day she will be a fabulous Mom like you.  Early BD wishes in case I space it out.

Geeez Bernie.  Hope your suffering is over soon and glad you got some extra rest.  Freddie is probably feeling your pain.  Out fur friends are very intuitive.

Gem, thanks for the great pics.  Fingers crossed on a more affordable Houston ticket.  I good gobble up those two twinkies with besos.  Could they be any cuter?  Great tuna catch.  What a wonderful memory.

Edit:  Twirls, whatever you decide on the guest request is totally under your control.  Deal with it as you see appropriate.

That's all I got.  Hola Badger.  Signing off, MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/07/22 18:48:42

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/23 05:21:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Tunas, it's Twosday.

I think Sophie & Joey make great alarm clocks, just tell Chris that next time we want video!

Bernie, I'm totally with you on the same obnoxious commercials running over and over. And I never need to see/hear Peyton Manning trying to sing in a commercial again.

Thanks for the pix, Gem. Hi to Tatt!

Jamie, glad your tv issues are being resolved.

MB, a lovely day here again yesterday, but looks like temps will be getting a little warmer.

Off to work I go.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/23 05:33:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Had to laugh, Twirls. Those 2 commercials are the ones I despise the most, too. The gross calves guy and the witless protection guy. I mean, who would ever dive into the East River? Yuk. But those 2 are followed closely now by the irritating Emu ones. Just wanna shout out like Charlie Brown: AAARRRGGHH! And since I record most stuff I want to watch, I see those commercials just when watching the news! Also sincerely wish we could go back to the days of no ads for drugs. Let the Docs do the research and prescribe like the old days. Then big pharma would have even less of an excuse for jacking prices up.

Getting just one dog into the car WAS a challenge yesterday morning. Joey managed to squeeze past me and get in the garage. I put Sophie in the car, of course then he jumped in. Took the leash off Sophie and put it on Joey, dragged him back inside, leash off him and then a very quick maneuver to get back into the garage and the leash back on Sophie. Of course, when I opened the door, SHE leaped out...chase ensued. Somewhere along the line in the melee I stepped wrong on my already bad left foot, so limped painfully the rest of the day. But got it done! She is finally all caught up on needed vaccines. Chris is home today, so he might be able to see the town treasurer and get the township tags for the dogs. Finally!

Taking my car over to Jake this morning to see if he can reattach the antenna from when the warped board stuck in the rafters fell on my car. And in the meantime, somebody really dinged up the front end; think it prolly happened in the grocery store parking lot. Big dent and scrapings of white or silver paint on our black car. See body work in the future. (NATURALLY, no apologetic note with insurance info.)

Gem, those boys are adorable!
MB, sounds like things are moving right along. Any update on the Andersen debacle?
Crunch, is the injection working? Are you starting to feel better? Sympathies on the Dad thing.
Bernie, feel better.
Hola to all I've missed, need more coffee!
Have a great day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/23 06:42:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh my Cindy. I feel your pain on the dog loading and trying to get one to stay and the other out.

Injection takes up to 2 weeks, but it is not nearly as bad as 1 year ago when it started so I can deal for sure. Just annoying which in comparison is not bad at all!   

I just feel bad for dad because I do love him and I do think he feels they were good and doesn't understand why my siblings are done. Honestly, I just want everyone to be happy and not emotionally upset.  Meeting Mr. Normal (Tomas) changed my life so I cannot hold any kind of grudge. Also, I blocked out most of my memories from my younger days for my own well being and see no need to dwell on them ever again. Rear view mirror!

Those pictures are great Gem. Good looking kiddos. American Airlines - love em or hate em. Their fare for Cancun in November is 600+ per person for a 2.5 hour flight. Right now I am not happy with them at all.

MB - getting there huh? Soon the house will be perfect.

More to say to all, but got to get on this deadline work right now. Oh the FDA.....the fun never stops!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/23 07:16:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny today with a high of 86 degrees. Current temp 79F at 7:20. Some late PM showers possible.

Yesterday I got outside to get the mail out of my mailbox. The sun hurt my eyes. hee,hee. Finished the last of my antiviral horse pills. Things progressing slowly. May try a little aloe vera gel on sores today.

Today I plan to drive to the bank and probably will use the drive-up teller.

Hi Gem. Cute picture of the twins and nice looking tuna fish. Do they sell the tuna or give them away ?

Bob, good for you to help your friend build a new deck. Did you take pictures ?

Hi Jamie. Hope you get the TV problems straightened out.

Hi MB.

Badger, I was in Colorado when those Nationwide commercials were aired. No, Peyton Manning doesn't seem to sing very well and thanks for getting that 30 second spot stuck in my head this morning.

Cindy, I wish you had a video on the "dog circus " in & out of the car. We would have laughed but I know it wasn't funny to you at all.  Bummer on your car dents.

Hi Crunch. Glad the injections are going well.

Time to get moving.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/23 09:57:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Our weather is just outstanding now!  Opened up the house yesterday and let it breathe in some fresh air.  

GEM, those babies are extremely adorable.  Tell Bailey that I'm just waiting for the day that she says "DON'T MAKE ME PULL THIS CAR OVER!"  If she remembers our vacation, I'm sure she'll LOL about that.  Her day for that is coming!
BTW, I hoped you were planning to come to visit me again.  I had a great time. 
Yes, American sucks.  Everyone I know that has flown AA to CUN was delayed!  I have miles on AA but would only use them to fly west of here.  Delta offers no good flights west from here.

PJ, you surely did raise a caring and considerate daughter.  You ought to teach classes on how that's done because the world needs it.

MB, I hear you about allergies at our age.  Any mold in the air and I'm clogged up with sinus drainage.

Bernie, I know it's miserable.  It wasn't that long ago for me.

Cindy, I have the same problem with trying to take only 1 dog.  If I'm not taking Margarita, sometimes I can sneak Pearl out another door when Margarita is asleep.  When Bonnie was alive, Margarita had to go everywhere with Bonnie and would only go if Bonnie was going.  I made the attempt to take only Bonnie once and ended up with a scene like yours.  I just started taking both.  It was much easier.  However with Pearl, the BULL WHO CHARGES, I can't take both by myself.  Chris has to go.  
When he walks Pearl, Margarita will wait by the door and when he returns he takes both on a short walk to the mailbox.  Sometimes Margarita doesn't want to wait so he does the mailbox walk first and then puts Margarita back inside.   She won't walk on a leash and going far scares her.  She's just happy to go out in the front for a few minutes.

Crunch, sorry about your Dad and I'm glad you are OK with things as they are.  He's just miserable with his own life and projects it onto others.  He's comfortable, if not happy, in his rut.

Yesterday I went topless to shop for a new bed for Margarita that would fit her hidey spot.  Found one.  Did a bit of other shopping for nothing particular.  I was still craving fried chicken and decided to try to satisfy my craving by stopping for KFC.  It was OK but no substitute for home fried chicken.  Someone needs to open a great fried chicken restaurant here.  There aren't any.  The only place was along the river and after 40 years of flooding, they were forced to close.  

My visitor problem is solved.  I had decided to welcome them with open arms, house and a good meal.  I decided to just enjoy the talk of old times and be happy that someone wanted to come.  They decided it was best to drive farther than 3 hours before stopping.  Good idea when driving to FL from KC.  They may come on the way back and I will welcome them.  Sometimes it's hard to get out of a rut but it's good to get "unstuck". 

These days I'm just trying to be at peace with the world and it's hard in these times.   I am thankful for this weather.  I hope everyone enjoys a cool off period.

Sir Mapes, what you up to?
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/23 11:44:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Glorious day here!  Loving it!

Twirls, sounds like you have yourself in the right frame of mind for your friends visit.
Hope it turns out to be a most enjoyable visit.  
LOL'd on your idea that I teach a parenting class.  Thanks for the compliment.
SC is a good person with a very good heart.  Still, I spoiled her some around the edges. 
Morely than likely will continue to spoil her as long as I am in this world. 
SC is starting graduate school online at U of Memphis in the fall. 
Wants a master in Human Resources.  Focusing on Training and Development.  I say...go for it girl!!!

Gem,  Pics are great!  What an exciting catch for Kade!  He must have been over the moon. 
Those twins are so adorable.  

Cindy,  hope you get your auto fixed.  Give Sophie and Joey a pat on the head for me.   

Crunch,  so glad your PITA is subsiding.  Been a long road to finding relief.  Hugs

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!  

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/23 16:05:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi everyone.  Thanks for your concern about my whereabouts.  Been without a computer for 3 or 4 weeks. Me and the Smart phone just don't get along or I would have posted from it. Could not figure out what was wrong with TV/monitor.  Turned out a surge knocked out a HDMI port on my TV screen which I use for the computer's monitor.  New $175 32" TV, $95 video card and $110 at home diagnosis visit puts me back on the field.

Became a grandpa for the 2nd time this morning.    Kevin's wife Kaitlyn gave birth this morning to Kensley Grace.  All are supposedly doing well.  Going to see Kayden's little sister tonight.  Hope to post some pics tomorrow.  Kevin, Kaitlyn, Kayden and Kensley now make up the "Super K" McColloch clan.  Wish them the best!

Feels good to have this computer back!
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/07/23 16:08:17
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/23 19:30:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.   A beautiful 79 and sunny.  Loving this weather albeit the heat and humidity will return at weeks end.  Spent most of the day buying and returning towels for reno bathroom.  Pretty sure I have got it figured out now and washed a boat load of them this afternoon.  Found the perfect bright yellow towels at TJ Maxx today which will be fun and bright with the other cloth shower curtain purchased earlier.  

Had a small bite to eat after running around and then tackled the flowers outside.  Big mistake to leave them unattended for a couple of days.  Don't know what I was thinking.  Dry as can be and swear I was getting the stink eye.  Dead heading all the ivy geraniums was a real mess.  Not spacing that out again.

Twirls, like your change of attitude about a visit from past friends.  May very well surprise you.  When is their arrival date?

PJ, I am thrilled SC is going for her masters.  You done good girl.  Sounds likes she is in a very happy place in her youthful life.

Bernie, two more weeks of that sounds nasty. Going to have to pull your big boy pants up and deal with it.  Lo siento.

Bob, I'm sure your buddy is super happy about the help building out the deck.

Kim, dang those airline prices are ridiculous.  I've been so immersed in these home projects that I keep forgetting to check prices for my  March trip.  Another Post-It on coffee maker is in order.  Really hoping that injection gives you total relief and I am sorry your Dad is off the rails again.  Feel bad for you and your siblings.  Sending a hug your way.

Pablo, enjoy the cool down while you can.

About time Frank.  Lots of us were worried about you stinker.  Thanks for the update and congrats on new grand baby.  Whole lot of "K's" going on.  

Time to grab a bite to eat.  Pleasant evening all.  MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/24 04:26:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Dog Wranglers, it's Hump Day.

Cindy, sorry about the damage to your car, a couple of years ago someone hit Babs' car at Walmart doing several thousand $ damage and no note.

Bernie, hope you heal up soon.

Crunch, I tried doing a search on Sun Country from Dallas to Cancun, but their website is not yet showing November bookings. However, for August flights, on certain dates you could fly 2 people roundtrip for less than $500! Might be worth waiting to see their prices or maybe give them a call to see if you can book that way.

Frank, welcome back and congrats on the grandchild!

Mb, yes, warming up into the high 80s again.

Heading to work early to try to beat the heat, bad day yesterday, had to fire one of my guys, long story.
post edited by Badger - 2019/07/25 04:35:54

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/24 06:12:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Well, Paul. I think we'd all like to hear the long story.
Frank, good to have you back.  Technology sure can frustrate us all! Whether it is TV, PCs, or phones. Sometimes I just miss the old days of rotary phones, Bonanza on Sunday nights and newspapers. Oh, and congrats on the newest "K"!

Think I may do some laundry today instead of waiting for tomorrow. The grands are coming here tomorrow while son#2 has a procedure at the hospital. Poor guy has to have a cystoscopy done. I had to have one years ago. MOST PAINFUL THING EVER! But they need to find out what is going on, he has been having some blood in his urine. I wouldn't turn down any prayers from y'all.

Mowing got done, but I managed to get stuck in a muddy spot in the ditch. Fortunately, it came out fairly easy when Chris pulled it with the car, especially after I remembered to release the brake.

Better get going on the day, lots to do before the heat comes back! Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/24 06:42:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Prayers sent for son #2 C&C. Hopefully all will be well and all he will have to suffer is that yucky procedure.

Congratulations Frank! So good to hear from you and that you have a new little grand K........pictures are a must!

Ouch Badger - firing people sucks even when they really deserve it. Hoping Sun Country will release their November schedule soon and that will motivate American to get real! Otherwise Tomas may burst a nut ha ha. He is not good at waiting patiently.

Love the sunny yellow towels MB. That always looks so bright and cheerful.

Any improvement Bernie? Hugs to you buddy. I was lucky that my shingles on my face were not as painful and swimming in Akumal bay dried them right up and never went through the mushy stage. I did look funny though, but I could deal with that. I have looked funny all my life.

Boss was on the front page of the Fort Worth Star Telegram paper this am all about the research study I am managing for him. Hopefully it will help with participant recruitment. I so believe in this research study which makes the stress worth it.

Enjoy that weather Twirley!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/24 07:58:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Cloudy out this AM and it will be cloudy all day. That's OK by me as it will be a little cooler with a high of only 82 degrees. Current temp is 70F at 8:15. Yes, I did sleep in this morning.

Wore myself out yesterday but I just had to get out of the house. Went to the bank and did the drive up, something I seldom do. The teller looked at me and said "Bernie ! What are you doing at the window "? I made up an excuse and told her I wasn't dressed to go out in public. She didn't ask me any more questions. hee,hee. Then I went to Fibber's for lunch and afterwards got my hair cut. Stopped at the ABC store on the way home and stocked up on abc's. That was maybe a couple of hours for everything and I was pooped. Had a great nap when I got home.

Today I will do a quick trip to Lowe's Foods and do some wash when I get home. Running out of clean t's.

Crunch, to answer your question, maybe a tad better. I see that some of the sores are starting to dry up. Pain is still present; I take an Aleve at bedtime. It's only been a little over a week but seems a lot longer.

MB, I continue to wear my "big boy pants" but I will have to throw them in the laundry today. hee,hee.

Badger, I only had to fire one employee in my 26 years of owning a business. It was a very unpleasant deal for me but I know you have the strength to move passed it.

Frank was gone ?

Need to move along.
Catch y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/24 11:07:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Another beautiful day here.  A high temp of 83F.  

Welcome back, Frank!  Congratulations on the new granddaughter.  Love her name.  

Badger,  having to fire someone does make for a sickening feeling in the pit of your stomach that lingers.   
The first and only time I had to fire someone.   Afterwards, went into the bathroom... cried and threw up.  
Feel for you....Hugs.

Crunch,  sure hope more volunteers come forward.  It is a very worthy study.

Need to get moving here...
Wishing everyone a great day!  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/24 12:26:13 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all

Been watching the Mueller thing this morning.  Hmmm...

Frank, welcome back.  Is there a reason or all the K's?  Was it planned?  I like the names.  Mayajerney had all J's.  I believe it was planned.  Just curious.

Cindy, hope for the best outcome for son #2.  Why not send the dogs to wake Chris some morning?  heee hee.

Badger, sorry about firing your help.  I got used to it having a restaurant with unskilled workers.  However, when someone warrants firing, it's your job to do it.  You're the boss no matter how distasteful it is at times.

MB, you seem to spend a lot of time doing returns.  I hate doing the "double back".  I carried sample pieces of tile, paint, etc when I went shopping.  However you do it, I'm sure it will look lovely when you are done.  Maybe like me, you find pleasure in the designing/decorating act.  I know I undertook the addition to my house simply because I needed something to do that made me happy and took my mind off other things.  Plus I did it in case i needed live in help and separate living quarters.

I'm pretty furious at Levi, my former yard caretaker.  Chris spent many hours working for him last week because Levi was going on vacation.  But Levi did not pay Chris before he left.  And he pays him very little for what he does.  So this week I am having to give Chris extra money for his personal needs.  I don't mind paying Chris when he works his ass off for me.  I also supply everything for his living needs as well as wifi, TV etc.  I've even bought him clothes because he has such little money.  I understand that Levi has an infected tooth and his head has swelled up on vacation.  KARMA!  however he will still get a large earful from me when he returns.  It's nothing but selfishness to make sure he has the money he needs for a pleasure  trip but didn't make plans to pay Chris before leaving.  Chris still did his responsibility and worked all day yesterday in the neighbor's yard which is one of Levi's customers.  He has no way to get rid of the debris he removed since he doesn't have access to a truck and trailer to haul it away because Levi didn't plan for that.  If it lays in the customer's yard, it will kill his grass so I suggested he drag the tarp with the debris onto my 3rd driveway section.  I'll charge Levi rent till it gets removed by him.  It really makes me boiling mad at his irresponsible negligence.
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/24 16:18:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
My suggestion would be let these grown men work this out between themselves without  your intervention. Just my opinion.
post edited by pamela_tejas - 2019/07/24 16:28:40
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/24 18:20:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  A beautiful 82 with fair skies.  High humidity has not moved in yet so another top 10 weather day here.  Ran a few errands this morning.  Dropped food items off and then headed back out to Walmart and Home Goods.  Hit the button in car to open garage door to no avail.  Another broken spring.  Third one in 31 years.  Industrial door to call back yet this afternoon for fix tomorrow.  No call...so just left them a VM.  Luckily my vehicle is in driveway.  Still working with flooring company about a couple small issues and had to follow-up with plumber cuz cold y hot reversed with lever in tub/shower area.  I swear I don't make this stuff up folks in the event you are wondering why I have such bad luck with all of my supposed home "improvements".

Twirls, I agree with Texas Pam.  Let the big boys work it out.  Don't stir up the pot.  Not worth it especially under the circumstances between the working relationship between Chris and Levi.  I do understand his irresponsibility.  Here is the "true" gray for bath and two-color scheme for main and upper level of home.  Unfortunately lighting and camera make the paint samples much darker than actual. 

Crunchie, this is for you.
\
Thinking bright summer time fun with this and yellow towels and then switch back to the more subtle classier look posted earlier.  

Cindy, sorry about your vehicle.  Someone hit my Solara a few years back in the parking lot of  "Feed My Starving Children" and did not leave note either like your experience and Badgers.  The earthly world has changed.    Glad to hear that Sophie's shots are up-to-date.   Prayers for your son. 

Badger, been in that position as well with my former job.  Had to tough through it a couple of times in my 35 year career at BC/BS MN.  It's disturbing.  

Can't remember all that have posted.  Wishing all a beautiful, loving and peaceful eve.  MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/25 04:47:13 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Thirstday.

Thanks for your thoughts about my having to fire that guy, but he has had multiple warnings about his behavior, work quality and tardiness. I am willing to give anyone a 2nd and even a 3rd chance, but this guy just wouldn't change his ways. So...adios!

Cindy, how is son #2 doing?

Twirls, hope Levi & Chris can work things out, I know they have worked together a long time.

MB, you may want to ask your garage door guy about using a stronger spring(s) for your door, they should not break that often.

Heat & humidity are back, no relief until next week.

Wag more....bark less.
Page: << < ..991992993994995.. > >> Showing page 992 of 1045
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5