AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..986987988989990.. > >> Showing page 990 of 1004
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 11:48:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh my gosh it is just miserable outside. I set up the sprinkler on the vegie garden, mowed in the ditches some,  moved the sprinkler, then came in to mop the dripping sweat off my brow.

Holly, shingles come to people who've had chicken pox. (which is just about everybody over 60) I believe others can catch chicken pox from someone who has shingles. Crunch can confirm. Measles are, I think, unrelated.

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 12:46:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bernie - check with Target. They have plenty where we are. The pharmacist said they are not having supply issues any longer.

Twirley - I think you mean chicken pox not measles. Sorry about the garage door.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 13:09:22 (permalink)
+1 (3)
I got back from hiking with my brother, and the cat is out front. I brought it inside, down to the cat food and the litter box. Then I shoved her thru a cat door, which was apparently a first for her, it took quite a bit to get her thru it, then she figured it out real fast. She wandered around a bit and then wanted back out, so out she went. We're gonna work on acclimating her to us and the house. My current cat was hissing at her a bit, so I got her to mind her manners a bit. This new cat is a juvenile, not yet a year old. 

I need to go over to a friend's house and help out with a deck. When I get back, we may bring in the new kitty for a while again. We're hijacking this kitty. If I see any missing cat posters, well.... But if I don't, it means the previous owner obviously does not care. After a week or so, I'll start introducing her to a bath and vets....

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 18:35:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening. 83 and fair skies.  Another one of those busy days.  I had a lousy night's sleep probably with today's happenings.....don't know what was driving that.  Up at 5:30.  Plumber here at 8:30 and the floor guy showed up shortly after.  Matt pulled the toilet and smashed it up in my garbage bin.  Floor guy says "oh, I didn't know you had carpet in the bathroom previously,....and I don't do that".  Told him to call his boss as the install was well explained and that I needed someone here today to deal with the two doors for master BR and HW.  After about an hour I left the house for Home Depot on hunt for a couple of things.  Lighting store called and apologized and said two of their carpet contractors working a job in this area would be over to deal with it.   Left Home Depot and there was a large truck parked nearby and had no idea what that was about.  Kiddo laying floor said folks arrived to deliver my new toilet and plumbing fixtures. Who knew?  No one told me they were making a delivery here today until I saw three big boxes sitting in my garage.   All I can say is that I was sipping a mojito right now  somewhere in the Caribe.    Will be headed back to Southern Lights in the morning to return one fixture and figure out the new one.  Have 4 in mind that will work that I researched on WayFair then a quick stop to grocery stop.  Okay, probably enough of all that till next episode.

Hey all, thanks for the info on the shingles vaccine.  I really appreciate the info and will take care of this soon.  Geez Pj, do you have any other options?

Bob, I really hope this new rescue works out for you.  Any thoughts on name or maybe that is premature.

Gotta sign off.  Almost lost the post couple of times.  Internet is burping.  Beautiful evening everyone.  MB

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 19:12:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
It was raining out and I called for the kitty, but she didn't come. Maybe she actually has a home somewhere around here. I'm kinda hoping for her to have a home, and for her to need a home. Got to do what is right...

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 21:20:36 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Evening all

Bob, I understand and agree.  

Cindy and Crunch, you correct about the virus.  I had the wrong one!  For some reason, measles was stuck in my mind.

Getting the Camaro back was a big PITA.  Long story short, I may never go back to that dealer again. They didn't get $$ out of me and My HHR went elsewhere for service at 1/2 the price.  

Skinny dipping may be in store later when Chris is asleep.  
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 03:58:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Skinny Dippers, it's Thirstday.

Twirls, did they get the Camaro's top fixed?

Sorry you've got shingles, Bernie, hope the medication helps.

MB, geez, you have the worst luck with contractors.

Still hot & steamy up here, I'm making my crew take frequent water breaks, temps might be cooling down a little next week.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 05:57:52 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good Morning
Thunder rumbling. Doggies are outside right now, I know that if the rain begins, Sophie will be at the door barking away. Joey, on the other hand, likes being wet, so I may have to get wet myself to drag him in before he gets soaked. Very steamy here, too, only gonna get worse as the day goes on. Need a nice Canadian cold front about now.

Chris' knee felt much better last evening, he never even pulled out the ice pack. Oddly, after all this time, he had a bruise appear on that knee. It's been over a week since he wrenched it.

MB, always a challenge when you have so many kettles on the fire. At least someone was there when the delivery was made. Carpet come up OK?

Bernie, I hope the medication helps, too!

Don't think the new door knobs are going to work on that old door. The old latching box was huge, new one smaller but fatter. Don't think there is enough width to the door to carve out enough space. Plus old door is...old. Kinda beat up looking and has some ancient paint spatters and dings. I may go to the Habitat ReStore and see if they have a door the right size, if not may be looking at a new door altogether. I'm sure the old door is original to the house, which makes it 110 years old. I'm not that old, and I'm pretty dinged up too. Also, old door has back plates for the knobs, not matching I might add. Large off-color pale areas. Just think it is time to replace the whole thing.

Time to get going, have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 05:59:12 (permalink)
oops double post

post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/07/18 06:33:22

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 06:31:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Sounds like a new door may be the best thing C&C.

Bobski, cat wrangler, I think you are doing the right thing and the cat will choose. Cats!

MB - geez, what craziness, the reward will come soon.

Twirley - car stuff can drive you nuts. Hope you got your skinnies dipped

Hope you get some cooler weather Badger. I can't imagine working outside in this stuff.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 06:33:13 (permalink)
Bernie, all the best with the shingles. Not fun.

Yesterday, after the rain, we removed the old deck at my buddy's house and cut it up to fit in his trailer and stacked it neatly out of the way. We still have to carry it up around the house as we can't get the trailer down there. Today, teh decking starts, in about a half hour!

Gotta run, have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 06:34:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Partly sunny skies this AM but will turn into mostly sunny in an hour or so. Current temp is 80F at 6:52. High today 91 degrees.

Didn't go outside yesterday except to get the mail from the mailbox.

Only plan today is put out the trash.

Nice looking new cat, Bob.

Crunch, I won't be able to get the shingles vaccine until I get over this current break out. I will send a note off to my doctor, as I don't remember what the P.A. said about that matter. Closest Target is in North Myrtle Beach.

MB, sure hope all goes well with your current remodel project. Sounds a little hectic.

Badger, I really can't tell if the antiviral med is helping or not. I probably will just have to tough it out.

Thank you Cindy.

Got to put the trash out. Feel like I have very little strength.
See y'all,
Bernie

Hi Bob and Hi Crunch. Missed you two in my haste to get the trash.
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/07/18 06:56:58

Weekend at Bernie's
Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7518
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 07:20:43 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Morning all.

I have a man cold. I am usually very careful...keep hand sanitizer juice in my car, etc. Then we had a dinner party and the person sitting next to me had a cold. I am never inviting anyone over again. 😉

Bernie.. bummer on the shingles.

MB.. maybe you should do a complete teardown and build new. Just kidding.
I do think you should consider buying a nice new townhouse, but that's just me.

Twirls..I'm with you on dealerships. Never unless under warranty.

Cindy...my mother's house has those doorknobs. I think you can order a new shank.

My SIL was caught taking stuff out of my mother's house before my sister could go through it too. Not nice.

Crunch..may no bunnies bite your roll. 😁

Sorry a lot of you are now getting our heat!

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 07:34:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I totally spaced out this morning and forgot to say 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND!

Video
Pix
YouTube

pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 07:51:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy birthday, Chris!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 08:35:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
A bad storm last night.  That pop-up storm moved all over the place!  Finally joined up with a bigger storm north of us.
Came back south over us again even meaner.  Lost electricity for most of the night. 
Slept in the downstairs guest room with the scaredy-cat and terrified dog.
Cat woke me up about 6 a.m.  Looked for damages during yard patrol.  Patio furniture flipped.  Some limbs down.
Nothing bad.  Steam is going to be rising when the sun pops out today.  Whew!
Just praying the electricity doesn't go out in the during the day time.  

MB,  your projects are rolling now!  Can't wait to see the finished results.
Forgot to say kudos for rehoming the turtle.  Pond area much better than the street.
Don't know if there is a shingles vaccination available that wouldn't have the alpha-gal molecules in the stabilizer.
Maybe the doctor could give me a steroid shot wait an hour and then give the shingles vaccination.
Will have to check into that.    

Twirls,  we used to skinny dip in the pool at our house in Florida.  Until the neighbors decided to
clear out the very tall bushes on their side of the fence.  Also, use to skinny dip at the lake cottage in
Michigan.  Until I found out the man across the lake, had a super-duper telescope.  
We were young and crazy back then.  LOL
I so dislike buying cars and having cars repaired.  Checkbook doesn't like it either.
Never know for sure if we've made a good deal or a bad one.  

Uphill,  nice of you to help your friend build the new deck.  

Badger, glad you and your crew are surviving the heat so far.  

Bernie,  just take it easy.  Sorry, you are feeling so miserable.

Bosco,  hope the cold goes away and you feel better soon.

Happy Birthday wishes to Chris!!

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/07/18 08:42:28

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 10:00:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Bosco, You'd think that people would have enough common sense and courtesy to STAY HOME WHEN SICK!   I've let people know that I have NO immune system and if they have even been around someone with a snotty nose to NOT COME to my house!  I won't hire a housekeeper with small children for that reason.  That also cut down on my "friend" circle.  Oh well, I'd rather feel good alone than sick with visitors.

Bernie, so sorry.  The meds can help with the severity and the length of the illness.  I hope the location on your body isn't horrible.

MB, I love remodeling and then I hate it when I'm in the middle and things turn into a can of worms.  Like Cindy's door.  

Cindy, if you have to replace the door, I'm sure you know to save it.  Lots of folks hunting for old doors to re purpose.  They are beautiful, even plain ones.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!

Badger, thinking of your safety!  I believe the top may not be "fixed" but it's much better now.  It's done it before and been "fixed" before.

The car...  They had it for a week.  I had also asked for estimates on new tire, wheels (I've scratched them on a curb in Eureka and it can't be polished out), and estimates on fixing a couple of door dings.  The cigarette lighter never worked and was supposed to be fixed.  I had paid for a special "smoker" package consisting of the lighter and plastic ashtray, over a year ago and it was never fixed.   It was also supposed to be detailed.   I told them I'd pick it up at 2.  I arrived at 5, to give them plenty of time.  My car was not parked and waiting...   It was still in the body shop for the door ding estimates!!!  I pay.  20 minutes later my car drives up.  I took one look over the exterior and had a fit!  It was covered in dust, small debris,  finger print smears, a large spot still had some pasty stuff that hadn't even been wiped and baked on water spots!!!   WTH??  I just paid $189.00 for a FULL DETAIL!  They wanted to re do it.  NOPE.  Not waiting here for another minute.  They tried to wipe it all off.  It looked worse than when I took it in!  I got out my special car mop and worked on it. They had not charged me for the top readjustment but did charge for an oil change and the detail.   I told them I wanted a full refund  which was done without argument.  They tried to blame it on the body shop guys who did the estimate.  I informed them that they had plenty of time to do the estimates BEFORE detailing it and that it was plain stupidity to not do everything else before detailing it!  I WAS FURIOUS and it was about 100 degrees in the shop where I stood melting down.  I'm sorry people have to work in those temps but it doesn't mean I'm willing to pay for jobs not done well.  I doubt I ever go back there and I told them that.  

No skinny dipping.  Chris stayed on the porch too late.  He can't smoke in his room.  I only allow smoking in 1 room, where I sit.

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 12:50:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Too bad on the crummy service Twirley

Poor you Bernie. Where are they located? Wish I was close and could bring you some tortilla soup and comfort. I know they suck.

Bosco - I hate that! I am sooooooooooooo paranoid.

Happy Birthday Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 13:06:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy birthday Chris!

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3795
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 16:48:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy birthday Chris  Hope your knee gets better soon.

Twirley, that is terrible about your Camaro, what rotten customer service.

Get well soon, Bernie, also hope you can get your vaccine soon.

Bob, if it was raining, maybe the cat was holed up somewhere dry, like a crawlhole under a house, that is where our cats used to stay when they got caught outside in the rain. Otherwise maybe you can train the bunny as a pet.

PJ, you folks sure are having a lot of rain.

Stay safe Badger, there was a story on the noon news about extreme heat in some Midwest areas, they reported on St. Louis and I thought about Frank. Hope he is OK, has not posted in awhile.

MB, boy you sure have your hands full juggling all those projects at once, best of luck to you when all is completed.

Ran a few errands and treated myself to a cheeseburger.
Local TV station has been running a few clips saying Directv (which I have) and AT&T UVerse may drop coverage of their station as well as their sister station, the local CBS affiliate. I watch that channel a lot so will call Directv and tell them if this happens they will be losing a loyal 10 year customer to Dish. Hard to imagine, hopefully is just a negotiating ploy.

Forgot to say, hope your cold gets well soon, Bosco, summer colds stink big time.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 18:25:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening all.  Another one of those busy days.  Returned the light fixture to Southern Lights and ordered a new one.  Will be a two week wait, but I also saw one on Wayfair that lighting store could not find so I think I will order that tomorrow and see which of the two "wows" me.  Stopped at the flooring store next door and returned their borrowed sample and then headed to grocery store.  Cleaned the new tile floor and put down some almond nonstick contact in the two pull our drawers and one half of the 48" vanity. Will do the other side after plumber's visit tomorrow.  He arrives at 7 am to install new Gerber Avalanche toilet, new sink fixture and tub/bath trim kit. Can't wait with my "IBB aka ity bity bladder" issue especially during night time hours.  Bad t-storms around 4:30 am this morning with hail.  NOAA was blasting and my sister was texting to get downstairs.  I was exhausted and ignored the whole thing.  Couldn't not have been too bad as my flowers all looked great and very little debris in front yard.  More storms expected this evening. 

Cindy, so glad the flooring guy was here so that my plumbing delivery was successful.  I lucked out.  Please give Happy Birthday greetings to Chris. Hope his knee is on the mend.  That Joey cracks me up.  He is so chill.  And, there is Sophie the little stinker.  

Twirls, you summed it up.  Renos are much more difficult than a new build.  You are so right on.  This bathroom project has opened a few cans of worms.  I'll just keep working through to find appropriate solutions as calmly as I can.  

Jamie, I'm getting worried about Frank as well.  Been a long time since he has checked in.  Glad all is well in your world.  Ummmm......cheeseburger.  I hope you had some french fries too.  I heard that commercial as well today about Direct TV and losing access to CBS.  Not good.

Bernie, I sure hope you feel better soon.  Big hug from MN.  

PJ, you had quite the stormy eve.  That downstairs is a nice refuge.  I am surprised that Maya doesn't freak out when the weather is severe. So grateful for that. 

Badger, brutal weather for you and your fellow workers.  Yes, please be very careful.  We thought today was bad and they are saying tomorrow even a higher heat index, about 102.  Yikes.  Sure am glad I got that new sump pump and battery back-up installed earlier.  It's running nonstop lately. 

Bosco, hope you bounce back to feeling well again soon.  Bummer on the cold. 

Kim, I truly need to take care of that shingles vaccine.  I will definitely put on my to do list.  

Frank, please check in.  We are worried about you. 

Sure would be nice to hear from others as well.  Guess everyone is super busy. Tis the season.  Time to fire up the charcoal grill.  Sama. MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/18 22:22:50 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

HI Jamie and Nipper!

Where is Frank?  I've been wondering too?

Nothing much here but the HEAT!  Neighbor kids and Moms came to swim.  Owen and Abbie (across the street) have had swim lessons and are now allowed to swim, closely supervised, without their water wings.  They are so proud.  I gave all the kids chocolate cake after they were worn out.  Mom Jaymie assisted with getting the HHR home.   It was just an oil change and 60,000 mile check.
  I went to the store for "cool" food, like Ham salad, pimento cheese, summer sausage, etc.   I was hungry when I went and I bought a Mississippi Mud cake and a Vanilla bean cheesecake.  That's why the kids got chocolate cake.   
  We had so many various small tomatoes and herbs that I made fresh Spaghetti Pomodoro with Parmesan cheese and garlic bread for dinner.  BOSCO,...NOTE... very cheap and not at all like Henry!   But Dang it, I am craving crab legs again and the stores here either don't have them or they are also pricey.  I feel an alaskan phone call coming...

Hoping Chris is in bed asleep so I can swim naked.  He worked in the heat today so he should be OUT!

Hoping everyone stays safe in the heat.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/19 04:54:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Skinny Dippers and Chunky Dunkers, it's Friday.

Belated Happy Birthday Mr. Christian!

Another hot & steamy day here and I'm running late.

Boat Drinx tonight.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/19 06:34:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Got an inch of rain over several bouts of showers yesterday, then around 1am thunder and lightning woke me. Had a rough time trying to get back to sleep, but finally got a few more zzzzs. Bit of a headache this morning, though. Humidity is feeling oppressive, gonna be another sticky day. "They" say we might have a cool front coming in the next couple of days...bring it on!

Not much else going on here, have to make a run into town to pick up some prescriptions, think I'll pick up  the stuff to make a Caprese salad for tonight's supper. Like Twirls said, "cool" food.

S'all I got, have a great day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/19 06:46:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Another hot day here on the coast. Forecast partly sunny skies with a high of 90 degrees. Thunder storms this evening. Current temp 80F at 7:25

Yesterday afternoon I got out of the house for a grocery store run.  Got in and out as quick as possible and returned to the cool of the house.

Today no big plans. Laundry and bill paying. And laying low. Slept good last night

Belated Happy Birthday, Chris. Hope you had a good one.

Hi to everyone and please stay cool. 

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..986987988989990.. > >> Showing page 990 of 1004
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5