AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..986987988989990.. > >> Showing page 989 of 1046
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 10:33:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Bernie, if you've been in or around those itchy ivy plants then yes, you probably have it.  Just because you don't think you are allergic doesn't mean you won't get it.  There is a reason they are called POSION!  I hope it's not shingles.  My internal pain was way worse than the topical skin itch and pain.  

Cindy, I kinda understand why you keep the place you live in but I don't understand HOW you manage it.  I would dread the upkeep everyday.  

Badger, I read and enjoyed the articles of the mysterious bell and murder.

I'm in a clear out, clean up, finish up and organize mood.  Yesterday I worked on projects from one end of the house to the other.  Recently I had finished decorating the front guest room.  Once I sold the rugs I had stored in there, I arranged the randomly scattered furniture, hung the mirror and pictures and finally put light bulbs in the new lamps.  It looks pretty good.   Yesterday I tackled more in the "office".  It's becoming more of a memorabilia room.  I left most of Jay's favorite pictures and pieces, but rearraged them on the walls.  I arranged antique family mementos like Great Grandpa's fiddle and case, vintage eyeglasses and old toys, etc., into a nice display on a shelf in the open closet.  Other visible shelves hold photos and framed newspaper articles from my resort and next restaurant.  I actually filed all paperwork in the new filing cabinet and organized stuff.  The only furniture in there is a plain modern desk, a rolling upholstered chair for the desk, and a nightstand with large drawers, which I finally emptied.  I'm going to redo the antique display cabinetat th (that I got back from Cammie).  She painted the wrought iron frame and all the solid brass fancy trim pieces, with silver paint.  I'm going to return the frame to original black and strip the brass fancy trim, so it will be black and gold again.  I'll probably run it on the Facebook Marketplace for sale but not cheap.  Meanwhile, I'll set it up with more memorabilia and photos that I don't know have anywhere else to display.  I'm trying to sort thru and get rid of a lot old family photos.  No one will want them when I'm gone so might as well save someone else the trouble of throwing them out.  Who need 14 pictures of the same person or place?  They just stay packed up and taking up space.
I might as well sell the WWI and II family stuff.  It's doing me no good and I'm sure someone who collects that stuff will appreciate it.  
Sorry to ramble down memory lane so long...

Jan is arriving today.  We both have our 3 month required Dr visit so we use it as an excuse to get together.  Weather is not POOL weather.
Our weather is very cool and cloudy today, thanks to Barry, a high of 75 with scattered showers and sprinkles accompanied by sticky humidity.  Tomorrow starts our HOT spell.  High's in the upper 90's with heat index of 105+.  Supposed to last awhile.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 10:33:15 (permalink)
Morning all

Bernie, if you've been in or around those itchy ivy plants then yes, you probably have it.  Just because you don't think you are allergic doesn't mean you won't get it.  There is a reason they are called POSION!  I hope it's not shingles.  My internal pain was way worse than the topical skin itch and pain.  

Cindy, I kinda understand why you keep the place you live in but I don't understand HOW you manage it.  I would dread the upkeep everyday.  

Badger, I read and enjoyed the articles of the mysterious bell and murder.

I'm in a clear out, clean up, finish up and organize mood.  Yesterday I worked on projects from one end of the house to the other.  Recently I had finished decorating the front guest room.  Once I sold the rugs I had stored in there, I arranged the randomly scattered furniture, hung the mirror and pictures and finally put light bulbs in the new lamps.  It looks pretty good.   Yesterday I tackled more in the "office".  It's becoming more of a memorabilia room.  I left most of Jay's favorite pictures and pieces, but rearraged them on the walls.  I arranged antique family mementos like Great Grandpa's fiddle and case, vintage eyeglasses and old toys, etc., into a nice display on a shelf in the open closet.  Other visible shelves hold photos and framed newspaper articles from my resort and next restaurant.  I actually filed all paperwork in the new filing cabinet and organized stuff.  The only furniture in there is a plain modern desk, a rolling upholstered chair for the desk, and a nightstand with large drawers, which I finally emptied.  I'm going to redo the antique display cabinetat th (that I got back from Cammie).  She painted the wrought iron frame and all the solid brass fancy trim pieces, with silver paint.  I'm going to return the frame to original black and strip the brass fancy trim, so it will be black and gold again.  I'll probably run it on the Facebook Marketplace for sale but not cheap.  Meanwhile, I'll set it up with more memorabilia and photos that I don't know have anywhere else to display.  I'm trying to sort thru and get rid of a lot old family photos.  No one will want them when I'm gone so might as well save someone else the trouble of throwing them out.  Who need 14 pictures of the same person or place?  They just stay packed up and taking up space.
I might as well sell the WWI and II family stuff.  It's doing me no good and I'm sure someone who collects that stuff will appreciate it.  
Sorry to ramble down memory lane so long...

Jan is arriving today.  We both have our 3 month required Dr visit so we use it as an excuse to get together.  Weather is not POOL weather.
Our weather is very cool and cloudy today, thanks to Barry, a high of 75 with scattered showers and sprinkles accompanied by sticky humidity.  Tomorrow starts our HOT spell.  High's in the upper 90's with heat index of 105+.  Supposed to last awhile.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 12:12:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie - if there is ANY chance it is shingles you need to get in today and get started on anti-virals so you do not develop post herpetic syndrome. Urgent care would handle it fine as would any CVS walk in etc....

Beautiful trip Bob and great food. Wow!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 13:21:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon BCers!
Still cloudy, still raining off and on.  A high temp of only 79F for today.  Nice breeze too!
SC stopped by late yesterday afternoon.  She had been in Memphis all weekend with BF and his family. 
Also went to see the play Hamilton at the Orpheum.   
Bless her heart.  She gave the stinky cat a bath and clipped her nails.  Rewarded her with Taco dinner. 
Juni the bunny and I are not friends at the moment.  She bit me on the belly!  
SC asked me to hold Juni on my lap while she packed up to leave.  Juni wanted down. 
When I didn't let her.  She nipped my fat roll.  Lil xit!  

Badger,  stay as cool as you can.  Take care of yourself in this heat and humidity.

MB,  hope all goes well with the start of bathroom reno today.
We will be staying at the Occidental Cozumel for 7 days and 6 nights.  
Just got the confirmation email this morning. Yeah!  Flying Southwest Airlines into Cancun.
Taking the ferry from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel.  Always wanted to do that.

Bernie,  we have some plans to do the east coast after SJ retires.  For sure we would stop and see you.
Still, think a Breakfast Club meet up on your beach would be great fun.

Bob,  awesome kayak adventure!   

Cindy,  Sophie doesn't know flowers from weeds.  She is just trying to help.  LOL

Twirls, hope you are still feeling better.  Hugs 

Crunch,  ouchie on the shingles vaccination.  Hope your arm heals soon. 

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 16:51:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bob, very nice report and sounds like a great trip, but like Bernie I can only see a few of the pics for some reason.

Twirls, sounds like your pool is making you feel better and giving you more energy.

MB let us know how your project is coming along.

Stay cool Badger.

Nice weather again today, 77 in my neighborhood. Eyes are bothering me, starting to understand what Cindy means about feeling "off balance". Called eye doctor and my pre-op is August 22 with surgery Sep. 5 (they are a very big busy practice but very very good).
By the way Cindy I loved that picture of Joey.

Hope you get some relief from the heat, crunch. Make good use of your pool.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 17:31:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening all.  It is currently 90 and partly cloudy, felt like 100 degrees. High of 92. Busy day.  Jerry was here at 9 and pulled frame less mirror, vanity top and pulled the carpet up, tack strips, padding and a zillion staples.  We apparently has a communication issue earlier as I reminded him that he was going to install the new vanity top which he did.  Left around 1:30 but a lot of chatter in between and then neighbor MaryJo stopped by.  Then a rogue truck pulls pull in front of house and it was ABC Seamless to finish my warranty work on steel seamless siding.  Told  Duane thanks for heads up about appointment, no, and that I would call the owner David and complain.  I was actually joking about the customer service and no advance calls for two different appointments.  They are brothers....we had a good laugh and talked about boating on the St. Croix and Mississippi rivers here. Still miss my river boating days.  Had him measure for wrapping of soffit/fascia on cedar.  We also had an interesting conversation about the Andersen ProVia door/sidelight install.  They also do that and he is the one that actually installs them.  He provided some candid insight about the install gone wrong which was very useful for me.  Side comment was that Andersen/Renewal by Andersen got tooo big and have hired installers less than capable.  Blue collar industry which is critical is going to hades...just my two pesos worth.

PJ, would love to see Hamilton.  Sorry about the bunny bite.  Juni is on the poopie list.  

Crunchie, having the heat and humidity here too big time.  Counting off the days for you chica.

Bernie,  here was my relocation and good deed for the day.  Spotted a small turtle crossing driveway headed
across the street.  Got a 5 gallon pail and hand spade.  Relocated it to the end of lot by pond.  Here's proof.

Badger, dang it was brutal today outside.  I always offer up cold bottled water here when people are working in these kinds of conditions outside and inside today.  Please be careful working in this heat.  How cool you were at that mansion for a wedding.

Twirls, glad things are going well for you.  .

Bob, enjoyed your trip narrative today but I could only view four of your pics.  Not sure what happened there but it sure sounded like a beautiful nature trip.  Hope you can repost.

That's it for me.  Off to figure out a bite to eat and some cracra weather moving in.  Glad I BBQ'd last evening and can do left overs this evening.  Be well, MB

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 19:01:33 (permalink)
Hmmmm.... I can see 8, 7 and 4 pictures, all of them....I'm not sure how it all works at LG, but I am on a desktop, as opposed to a tablet of phone. Not sure if that matters.

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 05:07:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Stinky Cats, it's Twosday.

Bernie, I sure hope you got in to see the doctor?

For you PoMo fans, I just happened to check Casa Toucan's webcams last night and saw two interesting things, on the webcam facing North you can see the booms in the ocean being used to keep the sargassum at bay and on the one to the South there is a huge new palapa structure in front of what used to be Cancun Billy's. I sent an email to Jon at Casa Toucan and he replied that a new "high end" seafood restaurant is opening there soon. I'm not so much into high end places, but may have to check it out next trip.

https://www.casatoucan.com/webcam.html

PJ, sorry about the belly bite.

Twirls, MB & Cindy, s-l-o-w down, you're making me look bad!

I did make sure to drink lots of water yesterday, but was still very thirsty when I got home, looks like more of the same today.
post edited by Badger - 2019/07/16 05:10:53

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 05:40:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Ouch! PJ. Hope it didn't draw blood!
Double ouch, Crunch. I feel your pain. That Shingrix shot made my arm hurt for a week. Had the first one in my right arm, which is the side I usually sleep on and it was torture. Made sure the 2nd dose was in left arm.
Speaking of arms, I had a good time with the kiddoes, but my arm is still a little sore from pushing Didi on the swing. She is chattering more and more, repeats just about everything anyone says. Seth is way too absorbed in Minecraft, but did talk with me for a while.

Chris stayed home yesterday, his wrenched knee was pretty bad again. He did get in to see the Doc, nothing to be done except alternating Icy Hot and ice packs. He was walking a  little better in the evening, is going to try and go to work today. Mostly afraid of the steps onto and off the shuttle bus.

Hamilton is coming to Milwaukee, and I really wanted to go, but I think tickets are sold out (except for nose-bleed seats.) Maybe next time. Lucky SC.

Nice turtle rescue, MB. Most turtles we ever see crossing the road are alligator snappers; I have nothing against them, but not gonna mess with them, either. They are on their own. Heard about a small traffic jam on highway 45 pretty close to us; woman had stopped for a snapper and called cops and humane society. HS said no, we don't do turtles, Cop wasn't pleased about being called out either...think he finally got it off the road with by pushing it with his billy club.

Time for cup #2, have a beautiful day all. More hot and sticky for us.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 06:04:25 (permalink)
Good morning folks. We all know the issue about going on adventures. When you get back, the garden needs attention. Other house projects await. It's the middle of July already! Summer is half gone. 

And I have an itch to locate a (used to be) popular picnic overlook in the area for the conservation commission's efforts to open up trails in this area of town. It's a rock bluff, that I think I can find a trail to. Then I also need to determine ownership, so I'm bringing my GPS unit. It likely is on a woodlot owner's land, and they have little issue with others on their property, so long as folks are respectful. If I run into a keep out sign, well, that will be that. We'll see. 

Crunch, hoping for a good report in a couple weeks, looking for long term health!

Bernie.... hope that itch goes away. 

We had a visitor to our home the past couple days. A nice little cat would sit under my irises and hunt chipmunks. A little skinny, but otherwise healthy and friendly, nice coat of soft fur. Gave her a few treats and let her back out. Asking around the neighborhood, no one knows whose it is. No collar. A cat dropped off here? Part of me wants this cat to be mine, it's really a nice cat. A bigger part of me very much does not want to steal someone else's very nice cat. And my current cat isn't so sure....

Maybe I just have a friendly visitor!

Oh yes!!! My bunny rabbit has re appeared this year again. No pics yet, but I am happy to have a bunny eating clover in my back yard. 

Have a great day all.

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 06:44:53 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Great pic Bob. Maybe the cat will be back and will claim you

Ouch PJ. I have a roll I need to guard from all bunny biters too. Glad stinky cat is clean once more.

Snappers, just the name..........ouch. Hope Chris's knee is getting better. I will get my next injection in my left arm. Good suggestion.

Funny story MB. I think everyone these days wants to do things, but only if there is an app. not actual work.

Too bad the wait is so long Jamie. I just tell myself that once this is all over (pain wise) I won't even remember the wait.

Hydrate even more Badger. Seafood at the seashore.......count me in!

Better get my work done or I will be replaced by an app!

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 06:54:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

A warm temp of 79F at 6:58 and another hot day of 91 degrees at the beach. Whew.

Didn't get to see doctor yesterday. No time slots available until Wed at 4:30. I went to see my nurse neighbor two doors down ( Bryan's mom Debby ). She took one look at me and said SHINGLES ! I have decided to go to the clinic today that is located inside the same office where I see my doctor. It is on a 1st check-in basis and will be with a P.A. My pain isn't too bad but I want to get started on medication asap.

Other than doctor's office and Walgreen's for the 'script, no other plans but chilling inside the house. What did people do before a/c ?

PJ, you really think SJ will ever retire ? hee,hee. You guys are welcome to visit anytime. You better get some blood work to test for "rabbit-ites". Early symptoms are uncontrollable appetite for carrots and lettuce.

Hi Jamie. Good that eye # 2 surgery is scheduled.

MB, good job on turtle rescue.

Hi Badger, Uphill, Cindy.  Need to cut it short as clinic is open in a few minutes so must get ready.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 06:59:30 (permalink)
crossing posts Bob and Crunch.  If you keep feeding that cat, it will soon become your cat !

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 10:14:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
Second attempt at posting.  PC acted up earlier.

Bernie, sorry it's Shingles!  Hope it's not too bad.  BTW, my Dr informed me that anyone not vaccinated for measles could get measles virus from me when I had Shingles.  Lots of younger people have unfortunately not been vaccinated, so be aware if you are out and about among folks.  

MB, good save for the turtle.  I understand that tortises (sp) need help too.

Hope Chris's knee heals quickly.  

Badger, thanks for the info about the new restaurant and try to stay hydrated and cool.  Have you tried those cooling towels?  I got some for Jay and he really liked them.  

Jan blew into town like a hurricane yesterday.  She went home later the same day.  Neither of us was really into visiting and she is busy with her SAAB car club convention coming up next week.  We both made our Dr appointments, which was the purpose of her visit.

It's still really cool and cloudy.  72 when I got up.  Supposed to climb into the 80's but tomorrow really start the scorching days.

Since it was cool, I made myself a hearty meal of roast pork loin, mashed potatoes and yummy gravy, and garden green beans.  I got stuffed!

Still pondering dates for trips south.  I'd like to take a road trip early fall to eat my way through the southern comfort food states.  No one to go with so I'm trying to tell myself I CAN DO THIS by myself.  I thought I would start by visiting Beach Billy and head southeast from there if I am comfortable traveling alone.  Meanwhile I can't decide exactly what dates for Mexico.  
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 11:36:08 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and quite breezy.  Another T-storm on the way.  A high temp of 82F expected for today.
The bunny bite is fine.  It was just a nip.  LOL  More of a shock than anything.  Wasn't expecting sweet Lil Juni to do that! 
Didn't do much yesterday.  Just putzed with this and that.  Spent some money on Amazon Prime Day.
New TV for our bedroom.  SC purchased a new laptop.  Giving me her old one.  Excited about that!
My old laptop does not accept HDMI cable for hooking up to a TV.  Now I don't have to buy a new laptop.  Yeah!  
Also purchased travel insurance for Oct. trip to Cozumel.  Looking into divers insurance next.  
OH!  Get to see Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss in mid-September.  Really excited about that!  
Looking for ideas for a dish to take to the family reunion in Chicago.  Last time I made a veggie pasta salad
with zesty Italian dressing.  But no one ate much of it.  Need something I can make at home. 
Then transport in a cooler for 24 hours.

Bernie,  Bummer on the shingles.  
SJ does have a retirement date in mind.  Just not ready to announce yet.   

Cindy & MB,  sure hope you both get to see Hamilton.  SC said it was great! 

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 11:45:05 (permalink)
+3 (3)
PJ, for divers insurance, see  DAN https://www.diversalertnetwork.org/insurance/

Bernie, so sorry you have shingles. It is not fun. 

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 12:21:30 (permalink)
+2 (2)
So glad you are going in so you can get on the meds Bernie!

Everyone always says DAN is the best PJ. Nipper knows for sure.

I can understand why you are conflicted Twirley. So many things positive and a few negative on doing that car trip alone.

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 15:44:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Twirley. I say go for it! At worst, you'll need a hotel room maybe a little more often than expected. Live this life!

Looks like we will have another cat here shortly. That real nice friendly cat came here again today (or maybe it never left). Went outside and brought it back inside and introduced my current cat to it. Not too much grumbling from the two of them, just curiosity. 

Put some food down for it and the poor skinny cat just scoffed it up ravenously. I was petting it as it ate and she is a skinny cat. Ate the plate clean and licked it up. No finicky eating here. I checked her nails and they are long and sharp. Either she is dumped here, or the actual current owner isn't feeding her and taking care of her. I'm rather inclined to take this cat and treat it properly, but I do want to make sure she is not owned by a neighbor. And.... I'm not exactly looking forward to vet bills..... 

And here is a shot of my current, perhaps jealous, cat, as I pet the stray.

hungry cat

She is currently resting in my flowers. 

Seems all my cats have been rescues. They seem appreciative of me, maybe this is my next cat. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/16 20:38:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  I'm kinda tired.  Another 2" of rain last evening. Headed up to TJ Maxx this morning for a teeny return and ended up filling up my trunk with home decor items.  Then headed to Bed, Bath y Beyond to exchange a tension curtain rod from brushed nickel to chrome.  I was deeply disturbed that some A-hole left his dog in a car and it was barking terribly with this awful heat.  I ran into store and asked them to call 911 and then ran back out to get the color and make and model of vehicle for police.  Saw the dog in back seat still alive but don't know if it survived or not.  I had the leave the store as I was extremely upset.  One of the cashiers went out and wrote down the license plate of the vehicle to give to police. Terrible way to start my morning. 

Then I had an open house in the cul de sac.  Know the realtor and we had a nice chat.  Meantime lighting store called and the rest of my lighting was in the the DR fixture had been rewired by them.  Proceeded to open everything to make sure nothing was damaged.  Small light above kitchen sink with window is too large so that will need to go back within 30 days.  Called Mary Jo to stop by for her opinion and she could hold it up on the ladder while I could actually look at it. I will head down to Home Depot and see if I can find a more contemporary spot light fixture in bronze.  Think I mentioned before that my consultant at lighting store had been sick after the 4th of July. Come to find out today that Larissa, in her '30s, contracted bacterial pneumonia.  We were talking about the different projects I have going on and that I will have my home painted inside while I am gone to MX for two weeks in March.   She said she was going in October and staying at Secrets in Akumal for her brother's wedding.  Really is a small world.

Getting rid of all the dust collecting artificial greens on high ledges/vaults in entryway and upstairs bath.  Had to get the 8' ladder out to get high enough up.  Had a small incident in entryway and dropped one of the new items.  It hit the sheet rock and did some nice damage.  Well it was either me falling off ladder or the other. Alarm is set for tomorrow.  Plumber will pull toilet and then new floor will be installed.  No activity for 24 hours still grout sets up and then plumber back on Friday to install new toilet, sink faucet and tub/shower trim kit.

PJ, Willie Nelson is performing here as well sometime August 2nd.  My SIL Holly is planning to go.  So excited for you and Wayne to see Cozumel for your anniversary.  Very special.  Glad SC enjoyed Hamilton.  Love the theater.  

Bernie, real sorry to hear about the shingles.  Good reminder that I need to keep checking to see if the vaccine is here.  Know there has been a shortage and it slips my mind.

Crunchie, if I remember correct seems to me that my doctors office didn't have that vaccine and suggested I keep checking with CVS or Walgreen's to see if they had it on hand and that it would be cheaper cost for me than at the clinic.  Always appreciate you chiming in on these things.  Our heat wave continues but I refuse to complain after the two very long winters we've endured.

Badger, thanks for the PoMo update and link.  Expect an update from whomever visits next with food porn pics.

Hola Jamie.  Always enjoy your updates.  Glad you are on the schedule for that second eye.  Nice comfortable temps for you.  So far so good on the projects.  Will be nice to wrap up the bathroom on Friday.  Then the painter can come back in for ceiling and walls and hanging the new mirror.  I believe he is also putting in a new motor in the exhaust fan for me.  Will be fun to put up a new shower curtain and new accent towels. 

Twirls, I say do what you can while you can with no regrets.  That's why I travel alone as if I let fear take over that will be it for me and I simply can't allow that to happen when I'm still in good health enjoying life.  Sometimes we need to push through our comfort zone for the greater good.  Sorry I missed your call this evening.  Will reach out to you sometime soon.  Just been so hectic around here.

Bob, please repost the moose pics if not that big of a deal for you.  I think you should bring that Kitty in.  Would your vet charge anything to see if a chip was implanted?  Skinny and long nails.  Possible abandonment. Seems very attached to you....just saying.

Hi to all I've missed.  Manana, MB.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/07/16 21:36:55

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 05:50:55 (permalink)
At special request! LOL! I'm assuming the first four pics were visible to all, so I'll post the four best of those after the frist four. (Trying to work within the system...).
This one swam across right in front of us!

This one cared little about us, though most were real skittish

I managed to get relatively close to these two, maybe 100 feet:

and soon enough, they also left

I went outside looking for the cat. I'm really kinda hoping she is abandoned. Funny, we were just talking about checking for a microchip.....

Today, we hike Mt Zircon, a local hill, about 3 miles from my house, but I have to go around the cow's barn to get there. It is an old water bottling place, with a garage size building that is basically a completely filled foundation of water. The building is to keep the leaves out. We'll see where they dammed up a stream and then go to the top for views all around, 360 degrees. 

Yesterday, I hiked Mollyockett mountain, another local mountain, with an exposed overlook. Friday is Mollyockett Day in Bethel, where they hold a town fair, complete with a good old fashioned jumping frog contest! I love watching that! I figured it appropriate to klimb Mollyockett. Nice klimb, but mostly a bushwhack, no real trails to the top. Not a whole lot of fun, but it actually was fun!

Got lots going on today, a buddy is replacing his deck, I'm going to help out with it, starting this afternoon. 

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 06:01:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
My one project/errand for today is to get myself to Menard's or Home Depot (they are right across the street from each other)and purchase a new door knob set. Old door knobs on downstairs bathroom are shot. A mismatched set, with glass knob on outside and brass on the inside. Screw on inside won't tighten anymore, and we have had people get stuck inside when knob falls off. I kept them on so long out of nostalgia, I guess. Childhood home had the glass knobs everywhere, as kids we called them giant diamonds. But now, Sophie pushes door open since we don't like to close it tightly, and pulls stuff (like snotty tissues) out of the waste basket to shred and spread all over. Mollie was very fastidious and never did stuff like that...Sophie is a challenge. Definitely time for a change, and a working doorknob!

Continuing hot and humid today, dew point up to 70s. Friday looks like worst day; temps 100+.

Bernie, so sorry to hear it is shingles. I told you to get the vaccine! Good Grief! If any of you other geezers like me haven't gotten the vaccine do it now! Our pharmacist told me just a few days ago that the supply is plentiful now, no problems getting enough to go around. JUST DO IT! I have known folks who experienced excruciating pain from shingles, the sore arm is worth not going through that! (lecture over)

Need to get moving before the heat kicks in, have a wonderful day, all.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 06:43:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I hope that pretty little cat shows back up Bob. Seems like it is meant to be. Great pics. Just beautiful. Jumping frog contest sounds fun.

MB - Tomas made me get mine LOL. I had shingles on my face for a November trip to Akumal ?6 years ago. Our Target has a plentiful supply and they make it super easy. No charge from our insurance somehow and they handled all that. I was impressed at how efficient they were and the pharmacist gave the shot.  That will be awesome to get your house painted while you are gone. Thank you for making sure they helped that dog. I probably would have left to knowing they had it handled as I might become violent if the owner appeared.

Cindy - that brat Sophie will calm down eventually LOL! Tuco used to be the devil and now he is just such a sweet mellow old guy.

Can't believe the hot temps and humidity you guys are having. Does it cool off at night? Our overnight "low" was 85. I LOVE AC!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 08:04:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny skies throughout the day. Current temp is already 80F at 7:58. That's Crazy. Our beach high will be 89 degree. Tourons will be happy.

Yesterday I sat in the open clinic section of the medical facility for 2 hours before it was my turn. The P.A. was nice and seemed very knowledgeable. Sent an electronic 'scrpt to Walgreen's for Valacyclovir, an antiviral drug that helps to keep shingles from spreading.  After getting that drug, I went home and napped off and on until dark. It felt good to be in the cool air and do nothing.

Today I may check the grocery sales and go to Lowe's Foods or just stay home again.

Cindy, I have been on a long list for the Shingles shot at Walgreen's over for months. They don't receive receive many doses at a time and I guess that shot doesn't have a long shelf life.

That's all I have for today.
See y'all tomorrow.

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 10:07:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with possible rain again.  A high temp of 89 expected.  
Morning chores are done.  Have errands to run today.  Shopping for supplies at Wally World.

Nipper, thank you for the DAN link.  Signed both SJ and SC up. 

Cindy,  looked up the Shingle vaccine.  I can't do it.  The shot has alpha-gal molecules in the stablizing gel.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! 

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/17 10:39:09 (permalink)
Morning all

Bob, Please take care of that kitty.  IF it belongs to someone, they aren't treating it well apparently.

MB, good for you on alerting someone.  I'm sure I would have raised HELLO until the dog was out.  After alerting the store,calling police,  judging the heat in the car, I probably would have tried breaking in a window or or breaking a window and tried calling an emergency locksmith.  I have seen dogs in cars and waited by the car to make sure the owner returned quickly.  I give them an earful and let them know that they are lucky that I hadn't had to take action.  So far, I haven't had to take action.

Bernie, Please Don't go in public areas unless you have to.  Remember, you carry measles virus and can be contagious to non vaccinated persons.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I think it's crazy to not get vaccinated but many parents have made that choice for their kids who are not aware of the dangers.  I'm pretty sure I was responsible for a non vaccinated worker at the UPS store getting measles several days after I was at the store.

Cindy, I understand the nostalgic thing and glass door knobs are beautiful.  However, I have swept nostalgia aside for convenience also.  Pearl also was a kleenex/paper towel chewer!  Still is if any are on the floor but she doesn't get in the trash anymore.

This has been the summer of unexpected expenses!  Cars, teeth, refrigerator, etc.,  and now a broken garage door.  A spring above the door broke with a huge BANG when it wasn't even in use!  The door is extremely heavy as it's wood and a double wide door.  It took Chris and Levi to lift it and free my car.  The repair guy came early this morning.  That was $225.!    The Camaro is still at the dealer but should be ready by 2 today.  Lord knows what they will try to charge me.
My HHR has the oil change light on and is due for 60,000 mile service.  I'm NOT taking it to the dealer.  
Page: << < ..986987988989990.. > >> Showing page 989 of 1046
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5