AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..986987988989990.. > >> Showing page 988 of 1030
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 07:47:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Wider view to the South at low tide.

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/07/13 07:53:58

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 07:49:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
to the North. More tourists !

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 07:50:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Wind kicking up those waves

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 07:52:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
And you thought the beach looked empty, Crunch. I'm not even going to go there this weekend !

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 08:29:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
nice visit w cc and tomv.  dinner at don ramones followed by tequila sampling.

3rd planting of sweet corn is up.  big day of weeding and electric fence installation ahead followed by boatdrinx aka doggietalk.

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 08:41:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
nice pic of Joey CC

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 09:45:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Ha!  Joey hiding in the hostas!

My brain must still asleep as I read that MB had a salad of twigs and debris.  Cindy washed glasses while the glasses were still asleep and Bernie ate several days.  HMMM....  LOL!

I fell asleep on the couch very early yesterday evening and woke up at almost midnight.  Stayed up for a bit and then slept all night until 8.  Don't know why I was so sleepy.  

Still no Camaro.  It had this problem once before and was corrected.  It comes up and goes down just fine.  But it's extremely hard to latch.  I had no problem with it for a long time and then it got harder until I couldn't do it at all.  Even the men in the shop had a very hard time with it so they are trying to get it perfected.  FYI, I heard at the dealer that Chevy will discontinue all Camaro models in 2023.  Everyone still tells me it's one of the prettiest Camaros they have seen.  I even find notes on my windshield, where I've been parked, that compliment the car.  I'm trying to keep it in pristine shape and I've never been a car person.

We are back to hot and humid.  It looks like most of the rain from Barry, as it heads north, will be to the east of us.  YES, PJ and beach Billy should beware!  It's going to be even hotter and more humid after it passes.  Temps in the upper 90's are expected.

Yesterday I spotted what looked like a decorative knob hanging from the eve of the house in the back corner.  It's beautiful and resembles a small piece of turned 2 tone pottery in gray and white but looks like it's really made of paper mache.  A hornet's nest!  I haven't seen any hornets but Chris has sprayed it and will knock it down later.  Jay Budd had plenty of cans of wasp and hornet spray.  He dug up a ground nest once on a backhoe and armed himself heavily after that!

Checked airfare to Mexico again yesterday and it was 2000 mile more than on Tuesday.  I'm waiting until Tuesday and hoping it comes back down but I'm booking either way.  The entire Caribbean is having Sargasso problems.  The Gulf coast has toxic algae.  The Atlantic coast has sharks.  I'll be content with warm temps and eating my way around POMO come December.  I''m planning to split my time between the condo I'd like to buy and the hotel.  Anyone is welcome to join me.
From recent pics I've seen, from local friends in the area, the sargasso comes and goes depending on the day.  

Nothing on my agenda today.  I'm skipping the Farmer's markets this week as I'm loaded up with fruit, green beans and tomatoes.  

Hope everyone has a great day.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 11:45:30 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with a high temp of 91F expected.  
Stayed up way too late last night.  SJ got up early and did yard patrol with the pets.
Let me sleep in again this morning.  
Got the errands run and some of the grocery shopping done yesterday.  
Picked up fresh green beans, tiny red potatoes and ham.  Boiled that up with two chopped onions.
Slathered in butter with salt and pepper.  A very easy meal to prepare... filled with yummy goodness!  

Bernie,  envy you those long beach walks.  Beautiful beach!

C&C,  glad you had a good time with CC & Margaret.   Great pic of Joey in the hostas.  

Twirls,  Barry might just miss us...depends on when he turns east. 
Looking at the projected path this morning...we are in the clear.  
Might get some rain.  But not the 7 inches of rain first forecast. 

MB,  cooler air after a storm is always so refreshing.  

Susy,  you have me wanting to build a campfire and roast marshmallow in the cool of the mountains.

jj,  are you on the golf course this morning?   Congrats on the awesome score!

Need to get productive here.  Wishing everyone a beautiful day! Hugs

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 18:30:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  83 and sunny. Hit 85 but the humidity dropped so I was out at 9 starting the push mower and then on to the rider.  I was in fast forward to get it done....and then tackled blowing off the mowers, trimming, cleaning bird feeders, bath and two hummer feeders.  Had to clean off the deck and watered all outdoor plants.  Wasn't bad all in all.  Tomorrow excessive heat warning until 10 pm on Monday.  Shower felt great and now working on something to eat.

Cindy, nice visit and I loved the pic of Joey. That is a framer for sure. You are no longer on the poopy list for lack of. 

Bernie, great beaches for a walk.  Thanks for the explanation.  Wonder how long those wooden walkways/stairs last in that sea air? 

Hey Paul.  Hope you are enjoying boat drinx.  Oh damn, a diving bell at the Glensheen mansion found today in the boat house.  Pretty cool.

PJ, sounding more positive for folks in harm's way but even so there will be many impacted.  Prayers requested for those in need.

Holly, you are chipping away at stuff like me.  Hope they figure out the top on hot car and you can get the other one serviced soon.  It will all work out....don't ya know?

Sir Mapes, loved the pic of Sweetie in the lake.  Please share on BC.  Your latest re-enactment was enjoyed.  Thanks.

Have a beautiful evening everyone.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 21:47:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all
I felt fairly energetic and had a pretty productive day.  Managed to get about 1/2 hour pedaling around the pool, for exercise, among other household chores.  I even vacuumed again.  Third time this week we have had to vacuum.   I fixed some great tacos along with rice and beans.  I'm pooped now.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/14 05:03:57 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Sunday.

MB, yes, that is an interesting story about that diving bell....

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/07/13/diving-bell-discovery-duluth-glensheen-mansion

Twirls, eating your way around PoMo sounds like fun.

I wanna eat at PJ's house!!

Bernie, thanks for checking out that beach cart, now we know.

Love the pic of Joey hiding in the hostas, we learned during Boat Drinx that CC & Margaret had a certain doggie share their bed Friday night.

I think today would be a good day for JJ, Mapes and other lurkers to check in.

The last 2 days we have had near perfect weather with lake winds and high temps near 80, change begins today with heat & humidity moving in.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/14 07:21:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crud, I lost my post. Too much to start all over. It will be a nice sunny day with a high of 90 degrees.

Everyone have a great day !
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/14 07:26:26 (permalink)
Slept late; will check back after church.

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/14 10:23:03 (permalink)
Huh. No one else awake yet?
Church was interesting, guest preacher who is a missionary in Kenya with his wife and 3 kids.
Nice day today, humidity is down and will top out around 80F. Humidity returns tomorrow with temps in the 90s. Chris is making breakfast, and after I clean up the kitchen, we will both be out working in the yard/gardens. I'm gonna try and yank out 2 half- dead barberry bushes with rope and the lawn tractor. Hopefully Chris will help a bit with that. Have some big fall flowering sedums I will put there in place of the bushes. Think my hardy hibiscus died out from the harsh winter, but the hydrangeas have gotten quite large and fill the gap. Still lots of weeds to yank, too.

Interesting story about the old diving bell, sometime I will spend some more time reading up on that place.
Have a great day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/14 11:32:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy, soggy and humid here. A high temp of 84F expected.
Had a number of small T-storms rolled through in the afternoon yesterday.
Checking radar.  Looks like Barry will be here in a couple of hours.  Was hoping he would miss us....but no. 
Worked on making cages for the tomato plants on the back deck.  Should have done it long ago.
Had a big roll of fencing wire left from some project.  But could not find the wire nippers.   
Friday while shopping decided to purchase a pair of lineman pliers.  In between rain storms, it was nice and cool outside.
Decided that would be a fine time to attack the project.  Of course, by the time I got out on the deck.
It started raining again.  I'm nothing if not a determined old woman.  No lightning.  Getting this project done!!
Let me tell you working with a wet roll of wire fencing is like messing with a wet mad cat. 
I got soaked, cuts and nicks all over my hands.  A tiny hole in my arm.  Should have borrowed SJ's leather work gloves. 
The packaging for the new lineman pliers did say to always wear work gloves.  Not bypassing that advice next time!
Crossed that project off my To Do List.  Added flexible bandaids to the shopping list.

Badger,  you welcome to dine at our house any time.  Cool story about the diving bell.

Twirls, glad you are feeling better.  Bet the pool exercise helps a lot.  Hugs

Bernie,  sorry you lost your post.  Bummer!

MB,  you amaze me with all you get accomplished.   

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! 

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/07/14 11:37:21

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/14 11:47:23 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Good Morning Clubbers.

Did not golf this weekend.  :(  There was a tournament Friday, so it was closed.  Yesterday was a day with the girls. 
Skinny-dipping pretending to be a mermaid is way more fun with the girls.   A Lot of adult beverages consumed. 
Mr JJ picked me up about 30 minutes ago.  My Realtor friend went to work and our other friend was still in bed.  I may have to nap later.. I'm not as young as I used to be.

Badger, that is a cool story.  And of course I followed the links in the article.  Interesting stuff!

Crunch.. so glad things are starting to look up for you.  Hoping no more problems after your shot. 

Twirls.. I miss my pool and my convertible.  I've already got my next car picked out..well, I'll need to do more research, but I'm liking the Audi convertible. That's a few years out.   I also have names picked out for my next dog.  Gertie for a girl and Stanley for a boy .. Again, a few years out.  Woody, has a few more years with us. 

PJ  Love fresh green beans.  Mr JJ got some fresh peas from a buddy.  They were delicious!  Picked up some fresh corn on the way home today.  Thanks for the congrats!  First time shooting in the 40's.  That score was 12 over par.  
Twirls,, I play for fun, but I figure the only way I'll get better is to play the ball where it lies.  And I don't accept the "give me" putts, (3 ft putts) because I'll never learn how to make them if I don't learn.

Cindy. Love Love Love the picture of Joey 

Hi to everyone else!  Enjoy your Sunday Funday!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/14 20:21:26 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good afternoon which is now evening.   89 and partly cloudy.  Went to church this morning and then a quick bite to eat here.  Been a lazy day for the most part.  Finished taking out the rest of items in bathroom so it's ready to go when Jerry shows up tomorrow at 9. Ran one quick errand mid-afternoon and did a small load of wash.  Overall, welcome news about Barry and better outcome than expected.  Fired the BBQ up and had a nice dinner.

Cindy, we had a substitute minister today as well.  He fills in periodically when Pastor Chuck is gone.  He always delivers an interesting perspective of the parables.  Hopefully you got lots more gardening done today.  That is one huge landscaped property to take care of.  Kudos to you.  I couldn't keep up on it like you do.

Twirls, glad to hear you had a good day.  Keeping em coming.  You sound so much more positive lately and that brings a smile to my face.

Bob must be immersed in his latest adventure.

JJ, you are one busy lady enjoying life.  Hanging out with girlfriends is the best. 

Crunchie, I checked out the Salvation Army website today. Don't think that is going to work but thanks for the suggestion.  

Bernie, where was Deb?  Must has missed something along the way.  

PJ, hope all is good in your hood.  Just want to get through the bathroom project and excited about the new lighting.  What hotel did you book in Coz and curious if you fly into Cancun or direct?

Badger, thanks for the MPR link.  That mansion and the secrets are pretty incredible.  

Can't recall who else checked in.  Make it a great week all.  MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 04:44:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Moanday.

Yes, the Glensheen mansion, the murder mystery, etc. is all very interesting, we attended a wedding there a few years back. Cool place. 

JJ, PLEASE send pictures!!!

A thunderstorm rolled thru about 1 this morning, so lots of humidity on what should be our hottest day of the year.

Gotta run.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 05:17:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
I get to spend at least a part of today in air conditioning; babysitting while DIL goes to her cardiologist. Since I'll be close by, I'll make a quick stop at Costco before I head home. Not getting anything from the garden yet, and I forgot to get frozen veggies last trip.
MB, I'm not keeping up. Feeling my geezer-hood. That and all the rain earlier this year, weeds are taking over. Sometimes (most times) I just feel overwhelmed. Sophie does not help matters; she pulled up and chewed up all 12 geraniums I had planted in the bed alongside the garage. Chris used the tractor all day yesterday, so the half-dead bushes are still in place and still half dead.

Paul, please be careful today and drink LOTS of water if you are working outside. Geezerhood is upon you, too.
JJ! You go, girl!
MB, whoever hauls your stuff away, will they take it to Habitat for Humanity? I imagine most of it would be useful...
Better get going, have a beautiful day.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 06:43:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
That picture of Joey is just way too cute.

Twirls - that post made me laugh. A couple posts back.

Supposed to hit our first "100" tomorrow along with a big helping of humidity. Yikes. Glad though that Barry was not nearly as bad as predicted.

I got the Shingrix shot yesterday and that sucker sure does make your arm sore.

Good luck with the start of the reno's today MB!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 07:24:21 (permalink)
Folks, 

I recently returned from a trip to the west branch of the Penobscot river. Gonna try to tell a story here. 

We arrived shortly after noon and put into the river here at Roll Dam:

We left the car with a key for the shuttle company and started down river. 
Right off the bat, we see this pair of moose, a mother and her calf. They were not thrilled about sharing the river with us.

Continuing on, we had to deal with the beautiful scenery! You can see the chop on the river a bit. It was not flowing very fast and we got an increasingly stronger wind coming upriver at us. We actually paddled downstream into whitecaps for a while!, The breeze kept the skeeters away though, at least until we hit camp for the night. Then it was long clothing and bug nets. 

That day, for dinner, Dan had brought some lobster rolls and french fries and oil. We were to eat pretty good on this trip! We stayed at Thoreau Island for the night and awoke to find these three moose!

Heading down stream again, we run into these two moose!

And we also saw this moose swim across, right in front of us!

We also saw eagles!

Lovin life,
Bob

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 07:25:25 (permalink)
Continuing on with the story, we saw, yet, another moose

We also came across these widdle duckies. They were down stream from me, and heading for some rapids. I swung wide of them and went on the other side of the rapids while Momma duck turned upstream. 3 of the ducklings, however had already started down the rapids. She honked and those three ducklings ran across the water up the rapids back to Momma!

More scenery

We spent the second night at Little Ragamuff campsite, where we dined on spaghetti with meat sauce!, previously, lunch consisted of brats!

And yet more moose!

More scenery from the third night's campsite, Longley Stream campsite. 

Lovin life,
Bob

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 07:26:33 (permalink)
Longley Stream campsite was located on an exposed point of land, that the wind blew right through, which kept the skeeters well at bay. The black flies were pretty well done, but the skeeters had made their presence known. It was a relief staying here.

Dinner consisted of broccoli Alfredo and beef stew tonight. From a rock face next to our campsite for the night.

The next morning, we are seeing some good chop on the water, so we cancel our plans to head up the Thoreau Wabancki water trail to the end of Chesuncook lake where it heads to Umbazooksus lake. We'll do that another time. Now, we figure, we'll head out, but figure to scout our next trip's campsite up the Caucomgomoc stream. But it's really getting choppy and the clouds are rolling in. White caps are already here, and they are coming sideways to our kayaks. We decide to get out while the getting is good and figure to come back soon.  

Our journey ended at Graveyard Point, where the car was shuttled and awaiting us. 

Here is a GPS map of our trip, we started on the left, follow the red markings. The second "Pin point" was our first moose sighting. the rest indicate our start, campsites and end locations. We ended at Chesuncook. 

You can also go to this google map and switch to satellite view and zoom in and out, pan, etc. to see some better detail of where we were. 
https://www.google.com/maps/@45.9959425,-69.4626449,10.92z

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 07:35:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Bright sunny skies this AM and the birds are a singing. A hot wonderful day along the coast today with a high of 92 degrees. Heat index 105 ! Current temp 75F at 7:18.

Yesterday morning I called Chet to see how he was feeling after his trip and if he wanted to join me for breakfast at Nell's. I'm buying. Yes, he was feeling better. I said "good, 'cuse after breakfast I want to get that job done on the boat". He laughed. Probably took us 15 minutes. Chet loosened the mounting bolts and slipped the entire assembly off the trailer. I gave the old drop leg a tug and it slid right off. Then sprayed some white lithium grease onto the screw jack, slid the new drop leg into place and Chet put the pin bolt through the holes that kept the drop leg attached to the jack. Four bolts/nuts/washers tightened the assembly onto the trailer and the job was finished. 

Today I need to call my doctor for an appointment, as I think I might have shingles. Either that or a reaction to poison ivy, poison oak or poison sumac. Crazy.

PJ, from yesterday, that was a good looking plate of food !  Don't be envious of my beach.  Talk with SJ and see if you two would like to drive out for a visit. Very cheap rent at my house. hee,hee.

jj, have you priced the Audi yet ? Pretty expensive and same with any repairs.

MB, my sister Debby flew to Southern Calf. to see her long-time friend from nursing school for about a week and then took another flight to Portland to visit with her son, Brian.  Brian, Jennifer and their son Austin all live in Corvallis. Deb was gone for 2 weeks.

Badger, I was so ticked off yesterday when I lost my long post that I didn't get a chance to thank you for the picture and link on that diving bell. Way cool.

Cindy, what does Sophie have against Geraniums ? And all 12 of them. Yikes.

Coffee all gone.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/15 07:43:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
H Crunch. Our post crossed.

Same-same, Bob. Thanks for your trip report. After the two eagle pics, the rest of them didn't post.

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..986987988989990.. > >> Showing page 988 of 1030
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5