AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..986987988989990.. > >> Showing page 987 of 1045
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 08:11:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

T-storms have just passed by within the last hour, leaving partly cloudy and wet humid conditions. The current temp is 76F at 7:31 with an expected high of 86 degrees.

Yesterday was shopping at Lowe's Foods in the morning and then lunch at Fibber's. Afterwards I called the place that supplied the boat foot to see if I needed to do anything special for the installation. They recommend adding some marine grade grease to the inner shaft of the drop leg post. There is also a video on their web site that I will view before installing the leg post.

Today is trash day, so please excuse me to go take care of setting out the can.  Be right back.
OK, back. Speaking of trash I received my invoice from Waste Management yesterday and it looks like the charge has increased by $45 per year. Need to check into that. Plus there was also a notice that W.M. has merged with GFL Environmental ( Green For Life Environmental ) and they will be repainting the W.M. trucks to a lime green.  Hmmmm. Not fond of lime green. Might have to check on the cost of taking my own trash and recycle to the satellite dump/recycle location about 6 miles away. Recycle is free; the cost of dumping one small bag of trash unknown. Who knows, might meet a nice lady at the dump. Hee,hee.

Sun has come out so maybe we are in for a nice beach day. Perhaps a walk on the beach today ? The low tide is at 11 o'clock. I believe I will get cleaned up, go to Nell's for breakfast and then hit the beach. I have been lax on my beach strolls.

Hi to everybody. Will see y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 08:12:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
That's good news for you, Crunch !!

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 09:46:14 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Crunch,  great news!  Will pray that cyst stays gone!

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 10:15:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

Crunch, EXCELLENT!  So glad your year of misery is over and hoping your remaining pains fade quickly!  Please send your GOOD BUTT JUJU to me!
Had a pretty good evening yesterday.  Went to Nicola's Italian restaurant and met Ann. 

OOPS!  I just realizd how late it's gotten and I have PT soon!  Gotta run.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 12:20:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Thank you Pamela and Twirley and PJ and Bernie! Does that rhyme?

Sending it to you for sure Twirley. Almost impossible to imagine that I could just sit on the couch with a good book again and not have to lay on my stomach LOL!

Bernie - I think the dump could be a great place for a hook up ha ha!!!!
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 16:37:16 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Fabulous news, crunch!!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 17:28:46 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hi Kids !

Just checking the early evening posts and I read your post, Kim. Started laughing about your comment about 'hooking up at the dump'. OMG, laughed so hard I almost peed my pants and then read it again and I DID. Looks like more laundry tomorrow. Hee,hee

Did a great beach walk with about 1000 tourist; pics tomorrow.

See everyone tomorrow with some pictures.
BeBe
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/07/11 17:29:50

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 19:31:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Currently a beautiful 81 and sunny and low dew point.  Top 10 weather day here.  Have no idea where the day has disappeared to.  I was not productive at all other than caring for outdoor flowers and clearing out the bathroom vanity.  Lots of stuff went into the garbage for pickup tomorrow.  Did call the Habitat for Humanity Restore Store today.  Unfortunately they will not accept the light fixtures, frame less mirror and vanity top that I am replacing.  Not going to mess around with disposal so will pay for a special pick-up with trash hauler when the times comes.  Last evening I fired up my little charcoal grill and threw on some boneless skinless chicken breasts and lean pork loin boneless chops.  Just finished assembling a large salad with grilled chicken, garden tomatoes, cheese and onion for dinner later.

Kim, best news ever that cyst is gone and heart healthy.  I am so happy for you and wish you well on that next procedure.

Cindy, hope you were successful getting that huge property mowed today.  Sounds like a fun time with Craig and Margaret.  Really didn't get a chance to meet them in PoMo but remember he was a taller guy.  Enjoy your visit.

PJ, wonder if you will get residual from Barry.  Concerned about folks in Louisiana and Mississippi.  What a crazy weather event year this has been.  I think that is great that you are considering a repeat to PM.  I fell in love with that quaint well-kept town.  Loved all the great food within easy walking distance.  

Bernie, look forward to the beach pics.  Tourist season in full swing.  Bet you are getting excited about Meredith's family visit.  Always good to have something to look forward to.

Hola Badger.  Not much time to check in lately.  Busy, busy.

Holly, was wondering if you were going to pursue the ballroom dancing classes?  I think you would really enjoy them.  Glad you are out and about, doing PT and having some fun.  

Well I just finished my yard walk about to pick up more walnuts and small twigs to dispose of tomorrow.  Time to tackle that salad I made.  Have a lovely evening all.  MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 05:15:12 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Friday.

Crunch, that is awesome news! So happy for you (and Tomas)!!

Bernie, you could always try dating a homeless person, that way when the date is over you can just drop her off anywhere.(I know, that is really bad of me to say.)

C&C, have fun with your house guests. You never did say how all of the doggies got along with each other?

PJ, we would love to go back to PoMo about then, but won't know until late fall if we can make it.

MB, we are also enjoying the temps and low humidity, but it looks like the heat is coming next week.

No Boat Drinx tonight, so I think I will take Babs out for dinner at our local Mexican restaurant.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 06:09:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
House-breaking is not going well with Sophie, just had to clean up a mess. Little stinker.
Dogs got along very well, hope it goes well tonight, too, as C&M are bringing along Violet. If  any of you remember, Violet is the spitting image of the old RCA Victor dog.

MB, couldn't get it all done. Still have to finish the back, because my back couldn't take any more. Maybe this afternoon. Driving Chris to the bus stop this morning, 'cuz C&M are picking Chris up downtown on their way up here. Oh, the good news is 2 of the 3 muddy areas have dried up. Rain, rain, go away! (just a little longer)

Better get going, lots to get done.
Have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 06:41:27 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hot and humid here, but poor Louisiana. They are just cursed with the topography and sinking city and then torrential rains. Haven't heard the word "drought" all year which is rare.

That salad sounds delicious MB. No Salvation Army pick ups in your hood?

Badger - that made me laugh even though I know I shouldn't have. My bad. Babs will be happy. Num num.

Looking forward to those pics Bernie. As long as you didn't shart!

Have a great time C&C and thanks for reminding me not to get a puppy..........although they are so adorable who can resist?

TGIF!

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 07:18:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Cloudy this AM and will remain that way all day. Beach goers will still be out there though. The current temp is 78F at 7:09. High today 89 degrees. T-storms possible late afternoon.

Yesterday I had breakfast at Nell's and then headed to the beach for a one hour walk. It was crowded and hot. Thank goodness there was a stiff breeze coming off shore; both kids and adults were playing in the waves. Pushed myself a little too hard and couldn't wait to crank up the a/c during the truck-ride home.

Oh, Badger. I looked inside one of those push carts on the beach yesterday and nothing but large containers to make multi-colored flavored slushies. No popsicles or ice cream. The umbrella also called them "Italian Ice". I know I saw one of those carts selling popsicles in the past but probably a different vendor.

Today I might do another beach walk and afterwards go to lunch at Fibber's. Perhaps on the way home I'll swing by that satellite recycle/dump place I mentioned yesterday. There is one retired guy that works there and I want to talk to him about what type of materials are not allowed in the recycle bin.

Yes, MB, getting excited about the "Colorado gang" visit on Aug. 6th. Not very far away now.

Crunch, SWEET !  Like Badger said, awesome news.

Badger, that was bad. bad,bad,bad, although I had to snicker. Just a little. Enjoy your Mex dinner tonight with Babs. Please tell her I said 'Hi".

Chris & Cindy, hope you guys enjoy the time spent with C&M. Been a while, si ?

Crunch, no 'sharting' allowed. hee,hee

One more cup of coffee left. Time to get a bowl of cereal.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 07:20:26 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Summertime tourists towards the South

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 07:22:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
should have zoomed in towards the pier. Was packed.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 07:23:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Just as packed to the North

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 08:39:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I knew I was forgetting something earlier: Crunch: BEST. NEWS. EVER! A shot in the back is always better than surgery, especially when they are tinkering around in that area. So happy for you.

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 12:08:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good almost afternoon,

Enjoying a lovely morning of warm sunshine and low humidity.  Pool water is a most comfortable temperature of 88.  Trying to convince myself to get a few chores done but so far all I've managed is finishing off my book and gathering a few tomatoes.  Chris left early and he walked Pearl to her morning grooming appointment so it's peaceful.  Margarita can sleep in any bed she wants and the bird is singing in her cage. She still has her 6 eggs but I think she realizes that they aren't going to hatch as she isn't sitting on them much.  Chris will remove them soon.

Nothing on my agenda today.  Still waiting on the Camaro.  They just called.  The convertible top was getting too hard to latch.  For some reason it gets out of alignment.  Apparently they are having a hard time getting it perfected, so I may not get it back until tomorrow. Meanwhile my other car is very close to being over the miles limit for service.  So my planned weekend trip to Eureka has been cancelled.  Oh well, I'll save $$.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 12:08:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good almost afternoon,

Enjoying a lovely morning of warm sunshine and low humidity.  Pool water is a most comfortable temperature of 88.  Trying to convince myself to get a few chores done but so far all I've managed is finishing off my book and gathering a few tomatoes.  Chris left early and he walked Pearl to her morning grooming appointment so it's peaceful.  Margarita can sleep in any bed she wants and the bird is singing in her cage. She still has her 6 eggs but I think she realizes that they aren't going to hatch as she isn't sitting on them much.  Chris will remove them soon.

Nothing on my agenda today.  Still waiting on the Camaro.  They just called.  The convertible top was getting too hard to latch.  For some reason it gets out of alignment.  Apparently they are having a hard time getting it perfected, so I may not get it back until tomorrow. Meanwhile my other car is very close to being over the miles limit for service.  So my planned weekend trip to Eureka has been cancelled.  Oh well, I'll save $$.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 12:10:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Exactly - thank you!

Bernie - that beach doesn't look very crowded.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 12:14:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Getting a late start to this day....  slept in.
Partly cloudy with a high temp of 88F expected.   
Barry is forecast to dump 7 inches of rain here beginning Sunday evening into Monday. 
There is rain in the forecast for every day until Fri. July 19th.  Then rain again every day until July 25th.
People living along the TN river better be making plans to go to higher ground again. 
After checking the bucket list.  SJ and I have decided on visiting Cozumel instead of PoMo in the fall.
We have never been to Cozumel.  SJ wants to scuba dive.  I want to walk that very long beach.  
Have a winning bid in on the Occidental Cozumel Royal level.  Waiting for the confirmation email.
Hope it all works out.  That resort would make a lovely place to celebrate our 39th anniversary.

C&C,  enjoy your time with CC & Margaret.  Fun couple! 
Miss Sophie reminds me of the yellow lab we had for years.  She had a mind of her own.
Didn't catch on to house training at first.  Chewed anything new that came into the house.  Jumped on anyone who visited.
Then my middle brother came to visit.  He had been in the canine corp. of the United States Air Force.
He worked with McCreedy and I all during his visit.  Then the FIL came and taught her to do all kinds of tricks.
She turned into the best dog.   Still, miss her.          

Bernie,  Looks like the summer people are out in force.  Nice pics!

Well better get moving.  Have errands to run and grocery shopping.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/12 18:23:43 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Cozumel is a heart ❤ stealer PJ. We are so addicted😁
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/12 19:35:09 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  81 and sunny with much higher dew points.  Got busy and vacuumed carpets and tile floor.  Then on to dusting.  It was really hot and steamy earlier but then a storm moved in, which actually resulted in a wind event and no rain and dropped the temperature considerably.  Just did a walk about picking up twigs and debris in yard and made up another salad for tonight's dinner.  Glad I got caught up on the housework as next week I will be immersed with the bathroom reno. Appointments on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Need to call light store tomorrow to see if the rest of lighting has come in.  Hit Koh's mid-morning and spent my Kohl's cash coupled with another coupon.  $44 item on sale ended up costing me $2. 

Cindy, hope you are enjoying the visit with your friends and doggies are getting along.

Twirls, that's too bad that the top on Camaro is acting out.  Has that been an ongoing issue?

Nice beach pics Bernie.  Are those walkways and stairs public access points to the beach?  Keep forgetting to ask.

Crunchie, happy Friday.  

Badger, need some pics of the food from your favorite Mexican restaurant please.  

PJ, glad you are on higher ground.  Prayers for those who will be heavily impacted.  Haven't been to Coz for many years since Pablito got certified for scuba.  Sounds like a new adventure for you both.  SJ will love drift diving.

Going to watch that movie "Snatched" with Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn.  Must have been a bust at the box office if it is already on Comcast.  Don't care as I need something mindless and silly to watch while enjoying my ensalada.

A beautiful evening and weekend all.  Enjoy.  MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 06:53:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
C & M opted for dinner at Don Ramon's last night. Every one enjoyed their dinner, and then we stayed out on the deck watching a gorgeous sunset and sipping fine tequila. Until the skeeters got too fierce. They did not bring Violet along, as the campground where their youngest is does not allow any dogs on the property.

So sorry for those impacted by Barry. I do hope it breaks up before it gets to our area; finally have 2 of the 3 muddy spots dried out.

PJ, I think you will both enjoy Cozumel. A lovely place to celebrate your anniversary.
I need to go wash up last night's tequila glasses before they wake up for breakfast, so everyone have a lovely day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 07:44:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Sunny skies this AM and will remain mostly clear today. Tourist and locals alike will enjoy the beach. Our current temperature is 78F at 7:43 with a high of 89 degrees.

Yesterday I arrive at the beach at 10:35 and it was already 86 degrees. Thankfully there was a good wind blowing to keep my walk a little cooler. I did make my 1 hour walk but I was feeling like a turtle when I finally reached the truck. Drove to Fibber's and their a/c was divine. Changed up my lunch order a bit and ordered a whole case of dias.  I ate the entire case ! hee,hee. I haven't had one bad meal at Fibber's yet; the chicken and cheese quesadillas did not disappoint.

Today I will touch base with Chet. He was supposed to be back home late yesterday after almost 10 days back home when his grandma passed. Maybe I can treat him to lunch. Oh, my sister Debby is due back home today from her travels. Probably will hear from her tonight.

MB, 99% of those wood walkways and stairs you see are for the homes that are directly on the beach. They are built to go over the dunes to prevent foot traffic from eroding them. Beach access walkways are about every 4 to 5 blocks.

Cindy, glad you are having a good time with C&M. When do they leave for home ?

Lazy morning and need to finish my coffee. Y'all have a good weekend. Yesterday's beach pics to follow.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast t 2019/07/13 07:46:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh those tourists !

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..986987988989990.. > >> Showing page 987 of 1045
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5