AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..986987988989990.. > >> Showing page 986 of 1055
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/08 12:55:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
That is amazing PJ. My dogs go into attack mode the minute they see a bunny. Glad the water is back on for you.

I would feed you anything you wanted for your efforts Bob!

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/08 15:37:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch,   Pretty sure lil doggie is still trying to decide what the bunny is.  Never saw one before.
The cat knows!!  We have to lock her out of the upstairs when the birds and bunny visit.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/08 17:31:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Another beautiful summer day.  85 was the high.  Yesterday was church and then Phil y Holly came for a visit.  Brought fresh garden lettuce and a huge piece of rhubarb pie.  I swear that pie is the best I've ever had and enjoyed a huge salad last night with the rest of my dinner.  I started lawn work today at 9:30 and finished everything by 1 p.m.  Follow-up calls to lighting store, electrician and plumber.  Tomorrow Renewal by Anderson appointment here at 10.  Oh joy.  Then  make another return to TJ Maxx and perhaps a quick trip for mower gas.

Brother Phil has committed himself to help out with the erosion issue in the far back left-hand corner that slopes to pond. The rest of yard is completely level but the shade from all the tree canopies has added to the grass losing the battle for sun.  He is the plant whisperer and would have made a great landscaping architect.  He is a natural for texture, color shade/sun and loves spending time doing such.  He thinned out my hostas and has some good ideas for that back corner.  Hope it materializes as I certainly could use the help.  Need lots of top soil and more rubber nuggets around other landscaping.  And so fun to see the American team win the World Cup.  They rock and are amazing athletes.  Hopefully equal pay on the way.

Badger, figured you had a boat early on in life enjoying Beautiful Lake Superior.  Something about being on the water that is so relaxing. Scary story about the bear cub and doggies.  Happy ending though.

Bob, sounds like another fun trip coming up.  Can't wait to see your custom railings installed.

Twirls, enjoy those pool days.  Sounds wonderful.

PJ, glad you got the water back on.  Loved the bunny doggie story.  Bad Juni.

Bernie, nice that you can count on Chet for assistance.  

Crunchie,  Surgery date is getting closer.  Thinking of you and hope Tom had a beautiful B-day.

SoSo, your front deck looks lovely and Zoey is a bundle of pure joy.  Sounds like she has a fun disposition.

Hola to all I've missed.  Have a beautiful evening.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/07/08 17:37:51

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/09 05:23:54 (permalink)
Good Morning Bunnies, it's Twosday.

Very busy with work, had to be on the jobsite at 5 am yesterday and running late now.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/09 06:34:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Up and at em as usual huh Badger? You the man!

Good luck with Anderson today MB. Fingers crossed.

Cats are smarter than dogs for sure PJ. Love the bunny/dog story. Definitely a 10 on the grin scale.

I wanna be Zoey. What a life!

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/09 07:41:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Very nice sunny skies this AM. Chance of t-storms in the afternoon. Current temp 77F at 7:12 and the beach high should be 85 degrees.

Yesterday Angie did a great job on cleaning the house; she also put me on her calendar for Aug 1st which is 5 days before John, Meredith, Jack and Sam arrive from Colorado. When Angie went upstairs to clean the toilet she noticed the bed had no sheets yet and asked if she could make the bed for me. She is a such a sweet girl and works very hard. After Angie left I made a quick trip to the bank and Walgreens. Around 5 o'clock, Peter arrived to install my new ceiling fan. He works for Shallotte Electric and does small jobs for extra cash. He didn't have to read the directions and took about 25 minutes to do the job. When I asked how many fans he had hung in the past his answer was, "oh quite a few over the years". He noted that the job was a little easier since the builder had already installed a fan mounting bracket.

Not much on the list today. I noticed one of the front sprinkler heads wasn't 'popping' all the way up this morning, so I need to see what the problem might be. Most of the time it's a little debris in the pop-up tube and WD40 or similar will lube it up just fine. Worse case situation will be replacing the entire sprinkler.  Also need to call Chet. Haven't heard from him since he left to go back home when his Grandma passed away last week.

PJ, funny story about dog vs. bunny on 'lil doggie's bed.

MB, very nice your brother Phil can help with the back yard landscaping repair job. That's what brothers are for, si ? hee,hee  Anderson Windows...the "never ending job". Ugh.

Happy busy work day, Badger.

Crunch, you getting close to your surgery yet ?

Coffee all done so need to get moving.
Y'all have a good day,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/09 07:50:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
drop-leg post for boat jack is now painted and ready for install

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/09 08:17:36 (permalink)
Good Morning
PC doing strange things, and need to go back to entertain Mom...kids coming sometime today; which catch up later!

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/09 08:50:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

PJ, got a giggle from the dog vs. bunny story.  I can see that!

MB, glad you got some help with the yard problem area.

Not much going on besides HEAT and dog hair.

Made a quiche and another peach cobbler yesterday.  That was dinner.

Was just now watching Pearl root around in her toy box for a particular item.  It's time for a new toy box as hers is chewed up and over flowing.  She's pretty much past the chewing up stage.  She still steals my shoes but at least she doesn't chew them up.  Chris found my slippers outside yesterday after I left.  
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/09 10:44:56 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Blue skies and hot sunshine here.  Life is good!
Just doing what I want.  Checking off the chore list.  Taking afternoon naps.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

My family and I doing what we do best here in the South... coffee on the porch.
My nephew Troy, me, SIL Bev and big brother Herb.

Lil doggie getting some love from SIL Bev.

Great nephew Jon and SC were playing guitars together on the 4th of July.

Great nephew Jon driving grandpa Herb's boat on the Tennessee River.
Pretty sure he enjoyed the heck out of that!  LOL

Fireworks!

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/07/09 11:09:01

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/09 12:40:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Looks like a great time PJ!

Twirls - here it is "heat, dog hair, work, and humidity"
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/09 16:49:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cute story about the lil doggie and the bunny, PJ. Looks like you are having a great time with family.

Speaking of which, hope you have a terrific time visiting with your mother, Cindy. Loved the pictures of your two "mud bugs". Thanks for the explanation about Sophie's harness.

Good luck with Anderson, MB, kick their butt when needed. Your plants look so beautiful.

Had a followup visit with eye doctor yesterday, she was very pleased with my progress, I can now read two lines below where I was reading before on the eye chart and was able to make out some letters on the third lower row. Have to schedule the other eye for August or September, since I only have 4.5 free rides with my insurance will have to supplement that with the hated low cost shared ride service.
Temps finally getting warm and may hit 80 near where I live on Friday, yippee!!

Enjoy the heck out of your pool, Twirley.

Surgery coming up soon crunch? Hope it brings you the badly needed relief.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/09 18:58:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening. 77 and mostly cloudy.  Up early and ran four errands and home before 10 for the Anderson appointment.  I was in full out vocal mood respectively about this entire process with service manager.  I have a dedicated day on July 30th with two service employees and him on site.  I will also be placing a call to general branch manager after I cool down.  Then called lighting store again wondering about my order.  My sales associate between the holiday and being sick I asked for additional help.  Found out my dining room show piece light was there and they unpacked it so I could inspect before they rewire it.  Love it.  Bathroom mirror and fixture arrived and fan/light combo for kitchen, so they loaded in my vehicle and I inspected all and all okay.  Plumber finally returned my call so have that all arranged and agreed upon for next week and spoke to Jerry who will pull vanity top on Monday as well as take off baseboard trim, pull carpet and pad  before floor install on Wednesday.  Yikes....Needed a break and went down to watch my soap on DVR.  Oldest brother called and said the Gopher game in October with family has increased with the next generation joining in so we are up to 20+ for October 5th game for tailgating.  Not all sitting together because of the spend with ticket prices, but halves of groups sitting together.  A win, win.  

Bernie, you crack me up.  Good looking trailer foot. Nice price on the fan install.

PJ, now that's how I want to enjoy my morning coffee.  Loved the pics.  Beautiful family.

Cindy, hope you had a nice visit with Mom and son.  How did it go with all the doggies?

Jamie, you need to check in my often.  I am so happy that your vision is much improved.  Have you felt those earthquake tremors in your hood?  Pics on the news and the fear instilled is scary.  Not common in MN but has happened on small scale.

Twirls, hope all is well.  You sound more positive lately.  Keep up the PT and put on another 20 pounds chica.  Hugs.

Bosco, is that algae invading FL beaches now?  Tourist industry will certainly take a huge hit here and yonder.

Badger, work and then more work.  I think you need more dental work perhaps this fall.  I know I will with all the renos here.

Edit:  SoSo, cute pics on FB.  I think Zoey was a big hit.

Everyone must be super busy as not many people checking in on an occasional basis. Hint, hint. Time to grab a bite to eat. MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/07/09 19:01:14

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/10 05:04:22 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Hump Day.

PJ, love the photos!!

Jamie, so glad your vision is improving.

MB, I've been day dreaming about a fall trip, but it's not looking good right now with all of the work I have.

C&C, doggie pix would be nice.

Gotta run.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/10 06:39:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger - you are a victim of your own success!

Great news on the vision Jamie. I wish you had an alternative to the shared ride Jamie. I see patients here at the clinic waiting, waiting, waiting for their shared ride pick up.

MB - good job and hopefully all will be done by early August and you can relax a bit. And gain 20 too ms. slim.

Hot and humid again today. Not a shocker huh? This time of year we all pray the AC holds up. This afternoon I have (hopefully) my final check up with the cardiologist for a year. He will review the results of my post op echo that I had a couple weeks ago with me. Hard to believe it is 5 months post heart surgery.

Have a great day all!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/10 06:47:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny in the beach forecast for today. Currently it is 75F at 6:53 with a high of 86 degrees. Starting tomorrow highs back into the 90's. Right now I hear thunder and the radar shows storms a few miles off the coast but no rain until late afternoon.

Yesterday I didn't do a whole lot. Put the 2nd coat of paint on the post for the boat jack. It's ready now to be installed. I will call the place where I purchased it to see if any thing specific I need to do, like adding grease to the inside top of the post ? Odd that it didn't arrive with any instructions.

Today I will probably do my shopping at the grocery store. That's about it.

Thank you for the family pictures, PJ.  Looks like the boat ride and fireworks were fun. Glad ya didn't burn down the woods !

Hi Jamie. Glad to hear the good news from eye doctor. It's a shame you don't have someone that lives close by to give you a ride for the 2nd eye surgery.  Shared rides a little inconvenient.

MB, that a lot of remodel work ! Gonna get it all done before October Gofer game ? hee,hee Kidding.

Hi Ho...Hi Ho, it's off to work you go Badger. Not many options, though, si ?

Crunch, crossing my fingers for you on Cardio visit.

Being lazy this morning. Only one more cup of coffee left.
See every one later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/10 08:05:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Crunch, good for you regarding your health improvements!  Hope it keeps going with your Butt Fix!  LOL!  

My hip and back pain woke me up in the night again.  Finally gave in/up and took an ibuprofen.  I'm trying very hard  to master control without Rx medications.  I think the CBD is helping during the day for several hours at a time but seems to wear off overnight.  

PJ, great relaxing family pics!  looks like a good time was had by all.

A couple of note worthy news stories this morning...A couple of KC policemen found a hiding suspect because he FARTED!  They didn't say whether it was the sound or smell that tipped them off....   A Nixa woman was pulled over for having an inflated swimming pool on top of her car that was seeming unsecured and just floating on top of her SUV.  She actually had her small kids on top of the car, holding the pool down and hiding underneath it!  You can't fix stupid!

PC battery is dying!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/10 08:33:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Plugged in now...

Apparently TWC was spot on with their prediction of the "swirling storm depression" that was over MO several days ago as its now dropped into the Gulf and is expected to form tropical storm Barry carrying heavy rains back towards the coast and on up north...back towards MO early next week!
Today we are supposed to experience our HOTTEST and most sultry day yet!  Naturally  it will bring a good chance of severe storms late this afternoon. 
So much for the local news and weather...

Jamie, I suppose UBER and LYFT are way too expensive?  

MB, what Crunch said!

I'm debating pushing the button on a trip to POMO Dec 3-17.  Can't decide if I want to force myself to take a 6 am flight in Dec.  We don't have a lot of options leaving here.  The early flight or a 2:30 flight that doesn't get me there until 7:30 at night. Either leave in the dark in possible bad weather or arrive at the hotel at almost bed time????  Neither are good but cost of a miles ticket on those dates are pretty good.  It's almost impossible for me to be gone longer than 14 to 17 days because of my meds.  My Humira has to stay refrigerated.  It's a big concern about moving there or trying to stay longer in winter.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/10 09:00:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Mom is on the road back to Illinois, dogs are taking a break from wrestling. Have a chiro appt at 10am, then I think I might take a day off from pulling weeds, as we are back to hot & humid here, too. Last couple of days have been wonderful with lower humidity and the occasional east breeze. Love the east wind in the summer when Lake Mich cools us down, not so much in the winter months.

DIL and grands were here most of the day yesterday, then son#2 drove up after an afternoon dental appointment. I was unprepared to do dinner for everyone, especially after Joey snuck off and got into the mud again and had to be hosed off, then left outside  (tied) to dry for a while. So we all met up at Don Ramon's for supper. Son is on a "molcajete" kick, tried the Mayan style last night, and thoroughly enjoyed. Didi was getting pretty tired and cranky by then, so we did our hugs and goodbyes and headed home for an early night. Chris was on the cranky side, too, as he wrenched his knee pretty badly. Iced it and wore his brace, was walking better this am.

Internet was out again early this morning, do not know what is going on with our provider (Frontier). It has become a daily thing, and is most annoying.

Loved all the pictures, PJ! Good looking great nephew.
Don't know HOW you are coordinating all that you have going on, MB! Best wishes on your continuing battle with Andersen.
Bernie, hope the new "foot" install goes well. We have the wheel kind on our trailer, makes it a lot easier to wiggle the trailer into place if Chris doesn't get the car lined up to the ball hitch perfectly. Works well for us, as we usually don't have as heavy a load as your boat.
Jamie, glad your vision is improving, and you will be much happier when the second eye is done. I know I hated the period between the first and second surgery, always felt like I was "off balance".

Hola to all I've missed, but I need to "slap" on a bit of make up before I drive into town and the public. Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/10 10:54:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers! 
Cloudy with a soft rain falling.  A high temp of 93F expected.  
Accomplished much on the chore list yesterday.  I'm on a roll.  LOL
Back at it again today.  

Thanks for the compliments on family 4th of July pics.  We did enjoy the visit tremendously.
Regarding great nephew Jon.  He has Asperger's syndrome (a mild form of autism).
As is often the case... the good Lord gives these children a tremendous talent of some kind.
He can play any musical instrument he sets his mind to learning.  Fabulous on guitar and keyboards!
He and his father play in a Christian Rock band called "Glory's Gate" that is fast gaining recognition.  
Jon just graduated from high school.  Now attending some type of professional audio school. 
To learn how to be an audio technician for bands.  So proud of him and his parents. 
My nephew and his wife have done a wonderful job of raising their son.   It has not been easy at times.

Crunch,  You are doing great after your heart surgery.  So happy for you!
Now on to getting that PITA fixed.  Hugs

Bernie,  nice job on the boat stand!  Not to worry about setting the woods on fire.
It had rained hard several times on the 4th.  Rained again just before the young people set off the fireworks. 

Twirls, MB and Badger,  would love to visit PoMo again in the late fall.  We have been rolling the idea around.

Time to get busy.  Wishing everyone a great day!  Hugs

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/10 16:07:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good afternoon.  75 and mostly cloudy.  Scattered light showers off and on.  Hit grocery store early and then back home for a bite.  Then off to Vets for Rx dry food and on to Walmart.  Returned items to Nordstrom via mail and deadheaded outdoor flowers.  Pretty lazy day.  Need to empty out the bathroom vanity contents before Monday when Jerry pulls the existing top and installs new one.  Hoping to purge a lot of things that have gotten pushed to the back of that 48 x 22" vanity.  Garbage and recycle is this Friday so good timing.  

Cindy, will keep on my mission with Andersen.  Praying that the rest of my projects have favorable outcomes after that nightmare.  Glad you didn't have to cook.

Crunchie, hope you get a great report card on your heart and then on to the other issue.  Can't wait for you to get much needed relief.  Not quite sure how you have powered through the pain.  I've put on 19 pounds since my hospital stay for pneumonia and lack of smoking so I am good to go.

Where's Frank been?  Please check in and let us what you are up to.

Hola, Holly. Hope all is well.

Bob must be busy getting things ready for his next adventure.

Bernie, it's all good here.  Things falling into place with all the moving parts.  I'm excited to see the rest of the lighting I ordered.  Waiting on 3 more items to arrive.  Emailed electrician yesterday that I was okay with his written estimate.  No urgency on the lighting unlike the bathroom project.  

Badger, ditto what Kim said.  But....you can't be trusted as you always manage to slip in a few unannounced trips along the way.

Bob must be getting ready for his next adventure.  Enjoy.

PJ, sounds like you are kicking butt.  Way to go and happy you are feeling 100%.

Going to sign off now as I already lost this post once.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/07/10 17:45:26

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 04:40:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning PITAs, it's Thirstday.

Not a lot of time to catch up here, trying to get to work early to bet the heat, although today should be bit cooler.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 05:14:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Doggies have full bellies and are wrestling over one of the new toys that Mom brought for them, a squeaky, nubby ball that flashes different colors when it is thrown. 
Yesterday hit 90, was pretty oppressive with the humidity thrown in. Today's high only 78, so plan is to get at the mowing. Hope to get it all done in one day, as tomorrow will be sprucing up the other guest room; Chicago Craig and Margaret are coming for an overnight. Their youngest is at a summer camp here in Wisconsin, and they will be picking him up on Saturday morning. Boat drinx postponed until Sat. evening.

Only a few 20% chances of rain in the forecast for the next few days; am truly praying it dries up the dang mud holes and we can be done with muddy dogs. Made it through yesterday without any mud-baths, hoping to have that trend continue indefinitely!

Chris' knee still bothering him a little; he was a bit grumpy because the city of Milwaukee shut down the street that the Federal building is on (where the office he works at is) for an evening Market Place and he had to walk several blocks to catch his shuttle bus. Usually can get on right in front of the building. 

Crunch, hope you are all cleared to get the PITA taken care of!
Everyone have a wonderful day,
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 06:47:26 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Hope that mud does dry up and a fun visit shall be had.

I got great news twice yesterday. The echo came out completely normal and no more cardiology visits for a year. Right before I left for the cardiology appt. my spine surgeon called me and my MRI from last weeks shows the cyst on my spine is gone. Surgery is cancelled and I will just have a day surgery next Friday where they will knock me out and do an injection into the nerve that was compressed for so long as the pain is just because it is so irritated after being compressed for 1 year. I had thought the last week that my pain was not as intense, but I also thought it might be my imagination as it was not like I could just sit on the couch like a normal person or anything. However, it truly was because the cyst is gone. After the injection the rest of the pain should slowly disappear he said. I am just thrilled that this year long nightmare with the pain and the heart surgery and all of it is almost over. Super grateful! It can come back, but nobody even knows the probability of that since it is so semi-rare in the first place.

MB - glad you are only super slim now instead of too skinny

pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast 2019/07/11 07:46:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
That is fabulous news, Crunch!
Page: << < ..986987988989990.. > >> Showing page 986 of 1055
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5