AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..981982983984985.. > >> Showing page 983 of 1004
Author
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/02 13:48:49 (permalink)
0 (2)
Bike is all fixed! I went to LL Bean's this morning, as that is where I bought the bike. I got an upgraded derailleur, they installed that, added a master link to my chain, replaced the brake cable, re-trued the wheel as it went a little crooked when the old derailleur bent into it, all for less than $60.00! 

I am a real happy camper and very pleased with the service from LL Bean! They have always done well by me!

Now I have another bike trip planned for next Friday! We'll use two cars and spot one at the same starting place. Then we are driving up to the height of the land along that rail trail and biking downhill all the way back to the first car, either 4 or 8 miles or so. Some folks, including my lady like bike riding but the original knees are showing their years of use, misuse and abuse. I think they will like this trip!

It's hot out today, So I'm staying inside and doing some more painting!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/02 23:00:04 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Well it's about bedtime here...
It was an OK day.  PT was cancelled due to insurance problem but I went for Chio. 

Back home to meet with a mirror replacement guy about a mirror I broke during the move to this place 5 years ago.    Its the center mirror of a 1927 of a 3 section dressing table mirror that goes with a dressing table from a Follies Burlesque venue that was in KCMO in the 20's until?.  The art nouveau dressing table and mirror are all dated and stamped Nov. 12 1927.  I got it from my first and favorite MIL and I promised to give it back to the family when I was done with it or dead.  Since my ex and I were friends after the divorce and I was friends with his past and future family and children, I'm returning it to his daughter, who is getting married in 2020.  I was there during her delivery and I held her as a newborn after delivery.  I know some of you are thinking WHAT???? but it's true.  .I arranged his next marriage and I was present for the birth of his first child.  I loved his Mother and his entire family.

PC is freaking out.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/02 23:40:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I rebooted...
Anyway, that dang mirror has to be custom cut due to an inset arch and will cost a small fortune but, A PROMISE is a PROMISE and I intended to return it to her in as good a shape as possible.  It's terribly unfortunate that I broke the center mirror.  The entire top of the dressing table is beveled mirrors.  54 pieces of 2 x 4 beveled mirrors line the edge of the top.  I had them re silvered in 1980.  It's quite a Burlesque type of art nouveau furniture and a novelty.  His daughter is a make up artist and will appreciate it even more because it was her Granmere's. My MIL was a French war bride.  I loved her deeply and she taught me well.
Rambling....

Had a pretty good day.  Did some house stuff.   I made a fresh Peach cobbler...and then went out!  It was MOJO night!  Missouri Jazz Orchestra night at a Springfield bar and grill known for seafood at good prices!?!  It's pretty great for the $$.  I had Caesar salad and Lobster Mac and Cheese.   The MUSIC is the BEST!  Most are professors of music at the various universities here.

Got home about 9:15 and turned on the underwater pool light that changes colors.  I forget I have that  !I did see a few beautiful fireworks on the way home but my fireworks for the next few days will probably be the pool lights and whatever Pearl does/causes...or Chris...although he's on good behavior again.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 04:54:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Dense fog. Had another couple inches of rain yesterday, the second round was a real downpour. Took a couple pictures, hoping they turned out OK and that Chris will put them up. Supposed to have a break today with some sunny weather, unfortunately I have errands; Sophie goes to the vet this morning and gets her rabies shot & and check on her incessant scratching. Pills and foam treatment don't seem to be helping all that much. Then I need to go to Menomonee falls and feed son and DIL's cat. (they are in S. Dakota) and make a run through Costco. Getting low on lots of essentials.

Holly, that dressing table sounds fabulous. Hope she appreciates the history.

Everyone have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 05:04:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Hotdogs, it's Hump Day.

Internet troubles yesterday.

PJ & Twirls, we need pix!

Hot & humid yesterday, wish we could send some of this heat to you, Nipper.

Busy, busy.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 06:31:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Pics!

Great to get good service like that at such a reasonable cost Bob. I hope your lady has a great time.

Enjoyed your story Twirls. Neat that you will give it to her after all this time.

Busy day Cindy. Hope they have something to help little Ms. Sophie.

How humid Badger? Sorry about the internet stuff. Ugh.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 07:08:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Today I need to wash some clothes plus bedding. When the garage cools down a little during late afternoon, I'll unpack the mortars and place into a plastic tub for transport to the little fishing pier on the creek. Then I'll finish the proper placement of the firework tube launchers in the buckets. Safety is very important when dealing with explosives.

Quick turn around on your bike repair, Bob. Pricing seemed reasonable as well. Now you are good to go. Painting inside a cool house sounds like a great job on a hot day.

Cindy, curious to know if Sophie shows fear when going to the vet ? Hope the vet can offer a solution to try for her scratching.  Safe travels today during your errands.

How is the garage remodel going, Badger ?

Yes, PJ, a picture of that new stainless steel prep table would be appreciated.

Hola Crunch. Same-same, MB.

See y'all,
Bernie
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/07/03 07:09:55

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 07:34:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Video
Pix
YouTube

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 07:56:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Wednesday and Independence Day Eve

Tracked down the mystery dogs that killed my cat. Spoke to their owners. They were very apologetic and I believe are responsible dog owners. It was a series of unfortunate events that culminated. The dog breed is Kangal. I had never heard of them before. Of course I Googled. Still sick about what happened though.

Hope your rain subsides C&C and Sophie gets over her scratching.

The Japanese beetles are in full swing here. Destroying a lot of my flowers. They are even shredding my banana trees. Can't stand them, but I don't use pesticides so I just have to live with it. Don't know if birds eat them or not. Don't look very tasty. Bet they are too crunchy

Gotta get going. Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4426
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 10:26:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Cindy, about Sophie’s itching...seems everyone I talk to these days has a dog with allergies. Samwise is one of them. We changed his food to an anti-allergy formula from the vet. Very expensive but helped some. Then we started him on pills called Apoquel. That really helped. We are now trying an injection called Cytopoint. Also expensive to start but apparently it’s effectiveness lasts longer with each shot. First shot ($167!) should last 4 weeks, next one 6 etc.
I’ve had a lot of dogs in my life and never had one with allergies. Now it’s rampant. Can’t help but wonder if it’s not the same thing causing all the wheat, corn and soy ‘allergies’ in people - actually an intolerance to glyphosate (Roundup)
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 11:58:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Up and out early this morning.  Had to make the 2 hours RT to Jackson.
SJ's car was fixed and ready for pickup.
Came back home...went across the street to visit with my nephew and his family for a while.
Almost noon....just now came back to the house.  

Can't post pics right now.  Something going on with FB.  Will try again later.

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 12:19:02 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Barata - Cytopoint and non-allergenic (expensive) food didn't work for Tuco, but the Apoquel did. Crazy that they all have these different allergies now.

What was the ultimate car issue PJ?

Glad you got some resolution BB.

So green and pretty C&C. A lot of work, but gorgeous.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 12:58:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Renee, she got a Cytopoint injection today! ($76.90) He didn't do the rabies shot yet, wants to wait until she is done with some of the other meds. Also sent me home with some sulfur/lime dip...that will be a stinky 2-person job. He also brought up Apoquel; she is too young for that yet, but that will be an option if none of this works.

Gotta get the dogs out for a bit before I head to Menomonee Falls to deal with the cat and Costco, just a quick check-in.

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 15:08:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Crunch,  car needed a new electronic brain for the transmission.  $700 Ouch!
No Biggie...this was a time and money problem.  Thankfully we were blessed to have enough of both this time. 

Cindy,  poor Sophie.  Is that same as cow dip?   Had a foster pup with mange that I had
to dip every day.  Then use a baby brush to softly scrub off the top of the affected areas.
Poor little babe would just shiver and shake.  Cleared up the problem though.  

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 16:15:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJamigo 
Cindy,  poor Sophie.  Is that same as cow dip? 

Yup. Old timey remedy. But effective.

I am just dripping sweat after hauling all the stuff from Costco into the house,(including 2 40lb bags of dog food) then putting it all away and hauling the laundry products upstairs to the laundry room. Opened a cold bottle of seltzer water and sat down just as Chris came through the door.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 17:14:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Lost World of the Maya On NatGeo TV this evening, 6 Central Time.

Wag more....bark less.
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3795
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 17:17:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Wow Cindy, you guys are sure getting a lot of rain - and you want to mow the grass when it is wet? Hope the dip stuff works for Sophie, why is she wearing a vest? Just curious.

Bob, the steps look real nice, hope you can do the handrails soon. Glad your bike got fixed so quickly, enjoy your ride this weekend.

Twirls, that dresser sounds fabulous, see if you can post a pic, or ask someone to post one for you.

Wonder where Mapes is, he and Sweetie must be visiting family or doing the reinactment battles or worse, working.

Bernie, are you taking the Lillie Mae out after the holiday weekend?

My cleaning service also came yesterday, all is good for another month.
My eye is doing lots better, will probably drive Friday, very little blurring, follow up visit Monday. Have to check with my insurance company how many frreameee rides I have left, would like to get the other eye done this year since I really need glasses and I doubt the eye doctor will prescribe them with one eye fixed and one not.
Dreamed about my grandpa last night for some reason, he died when I was young, maybe 7 or so. Do not remember much about him other than he was bedridden from a bad heart attack (nowadays they would probably have him power walking or swimming laps). I remember all his friends coming to visit him and bringing him half pints of rum and he would devour chocolate covered mints. Grandma looked the other way.

Have a great 4th all

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 18:36:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Here are some photos of the back deck.
It is a work in progress...

The new stainless steel prep table.

Flowers and cherry tomato plants

Planter box with more pepper and tomato plants   

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 18:44:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Gorgeous PJ. Will work on ours when retired.

Loved hearing about those memories Jamie.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/03 18:59:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Twirley, I like what you are doing with the mirror!

PJ, your garden grows well on the deck!

Jamie, getting that eye healed up! 

Bernie, take the boat for a spin!

Tomorrow, looks like a fishing trip with the grandson!

Had a hot hike today with my brother. We visited a bunch of waterfalls and a pond and a cave. Some pictures:
Step falls

Looking out from Step falls wasn't too bad either!

Found this old water supply pipe, interesting how they did this back in the day!

I think you folks may have seen similar pictures last year, so on to some new ones!
This is the mossy green gorge at Moose Cave. Up in these parts, two rocks leaning against each other with a cavity between them is called a cave.

This is Table rock, above Moose cave. We'll hike it sometime this year. 

And this is York Pond, just pristine, no litter, totally natural

From there, we headed to Dunns Falls

Dunns Falls are only 3800 feet into the woods, but then there are trails to the bottom, which adds another quarter mile and trails to upper falls, another quarter mile, and it was getting hot out!

You can see another falls in the trees above this falls

I klimbed up to them:

And I found these butterflies

Some even posed for me!

Have a great evening all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2019/07/03 19:20:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  77 kinda sunny.  Temp sure dropped as it was 86 a couple of hours ago and then a quick downpour.  Very humid.  Yesterday was lawn work.  Started at 9 and finished up with all the clean-up (twigs and small branches) around 1:30.  I was dripping sweat and almost sick from the heat.  The cool shower sure felt good.  So today I was not going to overdue outside.  Electrician stopped by today and we discussed in detail my lighting project.  I need to double back with lighting store as he needs more wire and chain for that dining room light, is concerned that the fixture over the sink may not work out and wants to know what kinds of LED dimmer switches that light store is selling me.  Missed the plumber's call do to electrician visit but he left very detailed message about my upcoming bathroom project so I'm feeling like things are finally falling into place.  Missed a call from Home Depot because my VM was full.  Called them back this morning and found out my new vanity top had arrived for pick-up.   Perfect timing as Mary Jo's husband, Galen, was headed there for something and said he would be happy to get it home for me in his SUV.  I was super happy as I tried to hire Asa, lawn kid, to pick it up for me in his pick up but he wasn't available with his mowing obligations, the 4th and a family vacation.  So vanity top is in good condition being stored in the garage for now.    

BeachBilly, still sad for you and the loss of you cat.  Not sure what was going on with those dogs but I am glad you reached out to the owners in the event of another tragic event which I so hope doesn't materialize.  You've been on my mind lately.  Hugs.

That's a lot of water Cindy.  I was leaving tire tracks from both the push mower and tractor on the lower side of lot but didn't have a choice.  Hope that treatment works for Sophie.  Another long day for you.

Bernie, safety with fireworks essential.  Don't need any missing parts.  When do the festivities start?  Hope it is enjoyable day for all.  You mentioned you donated beans for the BBQ but can't remember if a close by neighbor is actually doing the BBQ.  Enjoy.

Renee/Kim, amazing what care our fur friends need.  I think Maya's acne issue is clearing up but she wants no part of me checking or applying a warm compress to clean her chin.  That antibiotic shot was good for 2 weeks.  I'm going to have to put my big girl pants on, confine her in my upstairs bathroom so she can't wiggle out of my arms and hide for refuge and get the job done.  

Happy almost Friday Kim.

Edit:  PJ, you and Bob snuck in on me.  Your deck looks lovely.  You've been very busy catching up lately.  Hope you are feeling great.

Uphill, great service at LL Bean and reasonable rate.  Enjoy that next ride with your lady.  Loved the pics you just posted.

Twirls, that vanity and mirror set up sound interesting.  Take a pic and post to FB so someone can post it on BC. The jazz music sounded lovely and fun.  Glad you enjoyed yourself.  

Barata, things still going well for John and you?

Badger, hope you get a little down time.  I do believe you need some fishing fun with Babs.  

Jamie, super excited to hear that your eye is clearing up.  Totally agree that it would be nice to get both of them done sooner than later.  Hope your holiday is good.  Maybe treat your treat yourself to an in y out burger.  Big hugs sent.  

Hola to all I've missed for no particular reason but hard to keep up here if you miss a day.  Happy early 4th of July.  Trivia of the day is that my last name means Freedom in Czech.  I loved that and never changed it back to my maiden name after my marriage ended 35 years ago.  As some might say....TMI.  Be well friends, MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/07/03 19:30:09

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2019/07/04 02:26:23 (permalink)
+4 (4)

Zoey wishes you Happy 4th !

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2019/07/04 05:46:12 (permalink)
Happy Birthday, America!
PJ, looks so nice! 
Jamie, no, I try not to mow when it is wet. Which has been a lot this summer, just one more thing to try and keep up with. Hope you can get the other eye done soon, it is tough when your eyes aren't working together. Makes for headaches, too. Fingers crossed for you. 
MB, this weather makes us all sweat. Not hoping for a drought, but sure would like to see a stretch of drier weather and lower dew points. Not looking good for fireworks around here, more rain this evening.
Cute little Zoey, SoSo. Wanna trade for our little devil dog? JK. Just occurred to me...since our last name is pronounced "keen", that makes Joey "Joe Keen" They both made it into the mud hole again last evening. 

Now I'm forgetting what else I was going to comment on, so have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2019/07/04 06:00:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
We got the heat you sent Badger. We now have heat warnings for the next 2 days! 
Stay cool and safe today, folks as you celebrate Independence Day south of the border. 
post edited by nipper - 2019/07/04 06:03:25

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2019/07/04 07:36:09 (permalink)
Howdy and happy 4th to everyone. 

Nice sunny skies this AM turning to partly cloudy this afternoon. The current coastal temp is 78F at 7:18 with a high of 89 degrees.

Yesterday I hit the laundry fairly early so I got it all done before lunch time. Off to Fibber's for a fantastic BLT and afterwards the weekly grocery shopping. What a mess at Lowe's Foods with all the tourist stocking up for the long holiday. Early evening we got some rain about the time I was going to cut the grass. Grrrr. Lot of fireworks popping from dark until 11 PM when I hit the sack. I'm sure they saved enough for tonight.

Today I'll see if lawn is dry enough to cut. If not, oh well. Neighborhood celebration with fireworks will not be until tomorrow. 

MB, the BBQ will be tomorrow at Brooks and Sara's house starting at 4 o'clock. They are on the street that is next to the Saucepan Creek; two blocks over from my home.

Cindy, you get that flooding in your yard/front ditch every year, si ?  Mud holes are just made for dogs to
have "fun" and they can't resist; like a couple of kids. Do you rinse them off outside with the hose and then dry them off inside the house ?  That's got to be a real pain.

Jamie, glad the 1st eye is getting better and those eye drops are a necessary evil. Hope # 2 goes well. Yes, I am anxious to get the boat out on the water again. Of course, will see who I can get to go with me.

PJ, your back yard/deck area looks very nice. A perfect retreat. That new table looks like it's made to fit.

Thanks for the pictures, Bob.

Hi Barata.

Great shot of Zoey, SoSo.  You have her spoiled already ? Thank you for her picture. Please say 'hi' to Glen.

BeachBilly, I had to look up the Kangal breed of dogs as well. Very large animals !

Hi nipper.

Just put the trash cans out but not sure if they will pick up today.
Hope everyone has a nice 4th of July. Happy Birthday USA !
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..981982983984985.. > >> Showing page 983 of 1004
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5