AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..981982983984985.. > >> Showing page 982 of 1019
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 07:21:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Slept in just a bit and that 1st cup of joe is tasting pretty darn good. Sun shining bright and it will be another great day for the beach goers : 90 degrees ! Current temp is 75F at 7:21

Yesterday I got out to the beach just minutes before full low tide and had a full 1 hour walk.  Saturday is the day that most beach rentals rotate and there were not that many folks out there yet. If I go out today it will be a full-on tourist fest !

Badger, I think mostly popsicles. I'll usually pass two of them on my walks and the carts have fat 'spongy' tires to make it easier to push on the sand. I believe the vendors are college guys & gals that are hired for the season. Next time I pass one, I'll stop to see what else they have in the ice box for sale. Pretty sure dry ice is used to keep everything cold. I bet those kids make pretty good money in tips and walk a lot more than my one hour !

Hey Gem !  You been busy. I know you miss some of your family. Maybe a big reunion in Texas ? Of course, the Hawaii gang may not be able to get away after just relocating and getting new jobs. You will just have to 'bite the bullet' and take a trip to the islands to see them. Tough duty but someone has to do it, right ?

Thanks for the pictures of your new stairs, Bob. Don't think the storms will blow them away. Hee,hee.

Hi jj. I'll let ya know if a sign up for some sort of gardening class. Debating with myself.

BeachBilly, sad to hear about your kitty. I believe Badger had good advice to get the animal control folks involved. Please keep us posted.

Hi Jamie. Hi MB. Hi Cindy.

Being very lazy this morning.
I'll post pics of yesterday's beach walk.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 07:25:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
South almost void of tourists 

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 07:31:47 (permalink)
+2 (2)
More folks to the North

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 07:33:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
calm ocean

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 07:35:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Joe and Connie : come up and walk this beach !!

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 07:41:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

SOPHIE!  LOL!  I'm sure she loved frolicking in the puddle.  Joey seems to be giving her the "You're in trouble now" eye.

As always when I have a issue on my mind, I couldn't sleep past sunrise.  This issue with Chris has me thinking...   I don't have much here besides a house I love and my location.  But what's a house when I'm the only one who really appreciates it and have no one to enjoy it with?  My happy place has always been Mexico...  At this time I probably have more friends in PoMo than I do here.  I'm going to take a good look at the rental books on that condo at Playa Sol.  I doubt I can afford both unless the rentals there are pretty much supporting the cost.  I know I can afford to buy it but the long term cost of maintenance in both places will run me short in the long run.  I could sell and move permanently and it would be pretty much an even swap.  I've thought of downsizing (which won't net much in this area unless I get an apartment or another house that needs renovating and then why come back here?) or perhaps renting this place for a trial run.  I can afford more time in Mexico in the winter but even renting that condo or similar beachfront, at the asking price for a month or more in the winter is pretty expensive.  I can afford the hotel without major expense or selling my house.   So much to ponder....healthcare, hurricanes, dogs....  I just don't know.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 09:16:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers! 
Lovely morning on the hill.  No rain for us this weekend.  A high temp of 91 expected.

4th of July fireworks have started.  Boom!  Boom! In all directions last night.  
Working on washing all the throw rugs.  Then hanging them on the back deck to dry. 

Gem,  nice to see your post.  Glad you had a great time with your friends.  Great pic!

Uphill,  granite steps look really nice.  

Cindy,  Sophie is so cute...even when muddy.  LOL

Twirls,  sorry you had trouble sleeping last night.  Hugs

Badger,  jj posted a pic of her husband on the golf course Friday evening.  She captioned it "Date night".
I couldn't resist commenting: "Fore!  Play!"   

Bernie,  did you get the dresser?

Gotta get moving here.  Grocery shopping needs doing.  Won't have a vehicle tomorrow. 
Everyone have a great day!!

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 10:08:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hola!
Way too hot for golf yesterday.  I think the heat index was 105-110.  I felt like I was melting just walking from my car to the store. Supposed to have a repeat today.  Darn, I miss my pool.  I'm working on Mr JJ for an above ground, but he keeps bringing up the install will be expensive because of our sloped yard, and adding decking.  *inserteyeroll.  

Went to a BD party last night.  was boring-mostly because I only knew about 10 people.  Had a couple beers, chatted with the BD boy and headed home.  Mr JJ and I sat out on the deck and had a few beers- stayed up late!  went to bed at 11:30.

Twirls... boot Chris and find someone else- maybe a (responsible)college student, or ...a retired person...or....I don't know.  Someone that's going to be there, but still has a life. BTW, is he the one you took to Mexico?  I can't remember. 

C&C  It looks like Joey is scolding Sophie 
Enjoy your day!!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 12:40:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
We have a huge severe weather system hitting us right now with winds up to 60mph, so who knows if I'll get this post up. Lights have already flickered twice.

Sophie has been fairly well behaved since the mud bath followed by hose bath. Joey was not unscathed, Sophie did a major shake right next to him, so he required a bit of hosing off, too. And JJ, yes, that picture was right after the shake, so I believe he WAS scolding her. Chris managed to aim the hose at my back and soak me, too. Since it was in the upper 80s, I only stayed ticked off at him for a little while. I wish I had taken pictures of the hosing!

Later in the evening, there was a whole lot of barking going on. The Hmong family from up the hill had all their dogs escape and come down here. 3 little'uns and one big Collie/German shepherd cross. The yappy Pomeranian was the noisiest, followed an even smaller Toto type terrier. Of course, that set Joey and Sophie barking at the screen doors wanting to get out and join the fray. Decided that would NOT help the situation. Oldest kid in on the chase just kept saying Sorry! Sorry! I did not envy those kids trying to round up 4 dogs, but thought if I went out  help, Joey would come right through the screen, quickly followed by Sophie. And then I'd have a screen to fix.

JJ, a couple of nights ago, Chris and I sat out on the deck and sipped wine. Was a nice relaxing way to end the day. Sometimes those just become the best times.

The wind has calmed down a bit, so I think we are through with the first round, but it looked like a huge system on the radar, so I don't think we are done with it yet. 
Hope you all have a good rest of the day.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 16:10:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
mom makes us sit while she fixes our supper

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 16:50:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  74 and partly cloudy.  Heavy rain this morning before my 9:30 church service.  Second bout came through around 1:30.  Haven't check the rain gauge yet. Edit: 1.5". What a contrast to yesterday's heat and humidity. Fairly significant wind gusts with early rain resulted in uprooted trees with the saturated ground.  Luckily, not. here. Really did not accomplish anything today and it actually felt good.  About an hour ago I spotted the two new fawns resting on the backside of my split rail fence.  Got the binoculars out for a better look.  Can't see the doe.  

Cindy, nice job training the new pups to sit and wait for their meal.  You've probably had lots of experience and have the patience level needed.  

Glad the slab turned out nicely Paul and your friend was pleased.  Good thing you have some indoor jobs planned.  Lots of rain expected here during the course of the next week.  My gutter and cover job tentatively scheduled for Tuesday....will see.

Funny one, PJ.  Hope you get that car issue figured out real soon. 

Bernie, do you ever find any cool shells on your beach walks?  

JJ, I bet you do miss your pool.  Keep chipping away at Mr. JJ.

Holly, you have a lot on your mind.  Try not to over load yourself.  Well thought out decisions, are definitely worth the wait.

To all of you plant whisperers, those new sedum I planted in my front perennial garden are doing fantastic.  That pretty slate stone is doing its job displacing the water run-off on the corner front of my home and the sod pieces are really perking up with all this rain.

Hi to all I've missed and hope everyone has a lovely evening and week.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/06/30 16:59:15

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/01 05:04:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Plant Whisperers, it's Moanday.

Happy Canada Day to our Northern neighbors!!

Love the pix of the doggies, probably a good idea to keep them inside when the other dogs came into your yard, even big, sweet Golden retrievers can become protective of their "pack" and home turf.

Twirls, was nice chatting with you yesterday!

PJ, good one!

Thanks, Bernie, for the info on the carts.

MB, did you see that parts of Guadalajara, MX got 3 FEET of hail yesterday? The pix are incredible.
Here's a video of the aftermath....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlemnKi27Bk

Another thunderstorm rolling thru right now, might be working inside again today.
post edited by Badger - 2019/07/01 05:07:58

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/01 05:44:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning 
Wow on that video, Paul. Hard to believe there are still climate change deniers out there. Glad there were no deaths.

Just looked at NOAA for our area. Rain/t-storms for every day through next Sunday. Standing water in all the fields around us. 
Grass is already above my ankle bones; I'll never catch up with yard work.

PJ, hope that car fix happens soon. I don't know about you, but I get real antsy when I don't have wheels available. Always worry that some emergency will happen. Which reminds me, need to call Jake for an appointment; vehicle maintenance required light has begun popping up.

Another laundry day. Including all the muddy towels required to clean up the muddy doggies. Better get at it. Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29466
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/01 06:29:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
That video is nuts. Crazy weather for sure.

Those mutts are adorable with or without mud
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/01 07:49:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

By gum, it's another great day in store for the coast ! Forecast is sunny skies for the beach folks and pretty hot as well : 91 degrees for the high. The current temperature is 78F at 7:25

Yesterday started with breakfast at Nell's followed by a stop at Food Lion to get some cereal that was on sale. Then off to Lowe's to look at ceiling fans for the downstairs guest bedroom. I didn't do a beach walk but rather started my one hour walk around the neighborhood at 7:30 PM.

Today I have some little errands in store : shovel some dirt into 4 of my plastic 5 gallon paint buckets; they will be used as firework mortar launchers. Need to call Almost New to see if that chest of drawers is still available. They were closed by the time I drove past their shop on Saturday and Sundays always closed. Then a trip to Home Depot to check their inventory of ceiling fans. I had spotted a few that were on sale on line and want to actually see them on display. Lastly I have a 3 o'clock appointment at my skin doctor. Whew. I'm tired already.

PJ, I'll let you know if I get the dresser. Of course, I'll post a picture for you.

jj, I have been in the K.C. area a few times during the Summer heat. Brutal.

Cindy, cutest pictures ever of doggies sitting for dinner time. Does Sophie mimic Joey most times ?

MB, there are shells to be found but when I'm walking I don't bother looking for them. Sometimes a piece of sea glass will catch my eye but my "shell" bowl on the kitchen bar counter is almost full.  OIB is probably not the 'best' shelling beach around.

Badger, do you think the Canadians are trying to 'preempt' our 4th of July celebration ? Ha,ha,ha. I'll see if I can stay up late enough to call Rob tonight. He might be over on the island with Birg. Maybe I can catch SoSo and Glen as well but they are probably doing some sort of group celebration in their neighborhood.
If not, "O Canada" to them. hee,hee.

Hi Crunch.

Coffee time done.
catch y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/01 10:36:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Canada Day!!
Can't believe it is July 1st already.   This year if flying by.
Another beautiful morning here.  Highs in low 90s.  
Nothing much on my do list except more chores.  
Made the run to Wally World yesterday.  All stocked up again.
Wishing everyone a great day!  Hugs 

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/01 14:55:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Thanks for the Canada Day wishes. The weather in our little corner is rain, cold (55F) and now the wind is coming. Lovely for fireworks and barbeque! I tried to do a little gardening this afternoon and I got really wet and muddy. I think the middle part of the country is doing better weather wise. 
Enjoy your week folks!

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/01 15:39:27 (permalink)
Today, I had a bike ride with a buddy, who had his wife and 3 others join us. 20 miles on an old train bed, so maximum pitch is 3 degrees. Not tough uphills and still some fun going down hill. Half up and half down, I was told. Then it was 9 miles up and 7 down. Oh well. We pass by an abandoned mill building out in the woods, some bridges and streams and ponds, Downright scenic. And I forgot the camera, again! I'm thinking my lady and I will come tomorrow with two cars. Start at the high point and have a car waiting at the low point. She has knee issues but wants to go biking just the same. All a nice gentle downhill...

So, anyways, at about the 8 1/2 mile mark of only uphill, my bike comes to a screeching halt. I hear some pinging in my rear spokes, so I figured I had picked up a stick. I only wish it was a stick. What went into my spokes was the derailer.

I managed to bend it out of the wheel enough that I could roll the bike to a pick up point.

I've been real lucky. Both bike rides this year, when my bike has broken down, I've been near enough a pick up point that I haven't had to walk too far. 

So I came home and mowed the grass, looked at the bike a bit.... I'll have to fix it soon. 

Maybe I'll try my hand at fishing with my grandson next....

Have a great evening all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/01 16:09:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good afternoon.  75 and cloudy.  A couple waves of t-storms came through in the wee hours with the NOAA weather radio blasting.  Ended up getting two more inches after the 1.5 we had already received.  Lots of small branches down with those nasty wind gusts.  Under a flash flood watch and waiting for the rain and storms to start up this evening.  Was out on deck a while ago emptying overflowing pots before the next round.  Also, got the grocery shopping out of the way earlier.  Paid a bill and trying to track down a few people about my upcoming projects.  

Badger, incredible footage of that hail storm in Guadalajara.  Freakish phenomena. 

Cindy, here ya on trying to outside yard work done.  Keeping my finger crossed that I can get the lawn done tomorrow.  Guess that will depend on how much rain we get this evening.  

PJ, was trying to remember when you upcoming trip is?

Bernie, be careful with the fireworks.  That stuff scares me personally.  Did you end up getting that dresser you were interested in?  

Edit:  Bob, you snuck in on me.  Sorry about the bike derailer incident.  It can only go up from here.

And, hola Nipper.

Pretty quiet lately on the BC. Need some folks to check in.  Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors!  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/07/01 17:30:54

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/01 20:39:35 (permalink)
+3 (3)
It was so HOT yesterday afternoon, I told Woody I couldn't let him out because he would be a roasted wiener. 

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/01 21:55:37 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

JJ, LOL! Hot Dog!

Hi, Nipper and Diver Ron
Hi, Jamie
and you non posters and lurkers...

Nothing much to post about now.  I lost 2 previous posts when my battery died or I left it sitting overnight.

I keep thinking about all kinds of things I should do or want to do but DON'T!   Oh well, Tomorrow is another day!  I hope it's a good one!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/02 05:42:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
It is so HUMID here. Next round of rain in about 2 hours. I was able to get some of the mowing done yesterday, but not the  big stretch behind the shed. Maybe this afternoon if this morning's rain dries off some. Skeeters are hatching in clouds, I feel like a pin cushion every time I step outside.

Not much else going on, have an afternoon Dr. appt, and that's about it. Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29466
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/02 06:36:43 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hope those skeeters slow down Cindy.

Nipper - that sounds like a winter day here. Hope it warms up and dries out.

Ugh on the bike Bob. Hope it is fixed soon.

JJ - that is some wiener, but not a hot dog ha ha.

Bernie - hope you are able to get the furniture. Family coming soon?

Good morning Badger and Babs.

Hope the eye is doing better Jamie.

Chores are eternal PJ.

Hi ho hi ho...................................
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/02 07:45:03 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Exceptionally bright sunny skies this AM and it will remain that way for all the happy tourists today. The current temp at the beach is 77F at 7:34 and the high is expected to reach 89 degrees.

Yesterday I got all of my errands done with the exception of putting some dirt into the 5 gallon paint buckets. Breakfast at The Dawg House was good then over to the Almost New shop. That dresser was gone so I stopped by the Restore thrift shop; nothing worth having there. Off to Home Depot to look at ceiling fans; liked the one that was on sale and purchased it on-line after I got home. Dermatologist visit was as expected; he burned several precancerous spots. I think he likes it ! hee,hee.  Completed my one hour walk around the neighborhood just before dark. Right at the end of my walk I got to see James and Marissa's new baby girl. What a cutie and so tiny. I didn't stay up late enough to call my Canadian friends; was just too tired. Maybe tonight.

Today my cleaning lady is supposed to be here by 10:30. After that I will pick up the fan and the new American flag I ordered yesterday. Those buckets will have to wait until the sun's rays go behind the woods
late afternoon.

Hi nipper. I really did try to sing "O Canada" to all Canadians yesterday. You guys are great neighbors !

Bob, bummer on your bike. You going to replace the derailleur yourself ? I hope that part isn't too expensive.

MB, I will be very safe with the fireworks. Both Brooks and Chet will be helping me.

jj, you funny. Poor Woody.

Crunch, I should have purchased that dresser when I first spotted it but I was trying to get a better price on it. If an item doesn't sell within the first 30 days, the consignment shop drops the price by 20%. I was being cheap. Family arrives August 6th.

Need to get cleaned up and pick up all the small rugs off the floor before Angie gets here.
See everyone later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/07/02 12:21:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Yet another gorgeous day here.  High temp in low 90s.
Woke up very late this morning.  Started watching the series Absentia on Prime about 9 pm last night.
Next thing I know...ended up watching the entire 2nd season and it is 1:30 a.m.  Oops!
Hit the chores hard yesterday.  Then in the evening SJ and I assembled the new stainless prep table
to sit near the grill on the back deck.  The table is 24" x 48" fits nicely along the deck railing just before the grill.   
We had an ugly old patio table there.  Much too big for that space.   
Now I want to replace the patio umbrella that goes above the prep table.  Use that for grilling in the rain or to provide
shade.  The old umbrella has faded to blah in color.   Need that a pop of color!  LOL

MB,  next trip out for us is the family reunion.  At the end of July.

jj,  LOL  Poor Woody.   Yes, the H O T of summer is here. 

Cindy,  I started taking the vitamin B1 that Mrs. ZZZ suggested.  No longer getting chewed up by mosquitos so badly.

Well, it is afternoon now...better get productive.   Wishing all of you a beautiful day!  

Page: << < ..981982983984985.. > >> Showing page 982 of 1019
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5