AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..981982983984985.. > >> Showing page 981 of 1016
Author
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/28 15:04:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Friday

Thank you all for the cyber hugs and well wishes.

PJ...I loved PF when I was a young lass. My bedroom walls were plastered with pictures of him! Never saw him in concert though.

Twirls...I've been fortunate to see the Stones twice. Once in the early '80's, and more recently, but still a few years ago, at Churchill Downs. That was such a cool venue.

Hot here but not complaining. Yet

Have a great evening everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/28 15:50:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon.  82 and partly cloudy.  Humidity has really ramped up.  Out early morning to run some errands.  Waiting confirmation from flooring store to confirm appointment for July 17th.  Called the guy who did the work on my deck this spring.  He recommended one of his neighbors who's an electrician so I located his number, local guy, and called and spoke to his wife who will have him give me a call back.  Jerry the painter will stop by on Monday to look at the rest of my "to do" list to see how he can help out.  Baby steps but at least moving forward.  

Cindy, your storm sounded like what I experienced yesterday morning.  Hope you get your PC up for boat drinx.  

Thanks for your input Bob.  Beautiful pics from your hike.  Be sure to share some pics when you get those stone slabs set. Good luck.

Holly, you need to give us a teaser with a pic or two of those jumbo crab legs you keep raving about.  Hope you have a beautiful day and your guests enjoy.

PJ, I forgot to comment on your Pretty Woman incident.  Thanks for the belly laugh.  Did you decide to slip the pontoon?  Here's hoping you get it out on the water one of these days.  I am trying to think positive about future "home improvements" here after that Renewal by Anderson disaster.  Send me some good karma.

Bernie, that's kinda neat that your neighborhood does a Fourth of July celebration.  

TGIF Crunchie.

Hola Badger and the rest of you.  Have a beautiful evening all.  MB  

Edit:  My ex-neighbor a Broadway Tony award winner, Laura Osness, is premiering in a Hallmark movie, "In the key of love" on Monday July 1st at 8/7 central.  Also, July 4th PBS live "A capitol fourth"  from D.C. 8 pm/7 central.  She is amazingly talented. Her father is my local eye doc.  Salt of the earth folks.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/06/28 20:33:43

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/28 22:18:55 (permalink)
Cindy, Later I saw the weather for your area and realized your probable situation.  Glad all is well but your PC access.

BOB, I LOVE that spot!  So beautiful and peaceful.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 04:18:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Saturday.

Back home yesterday,  but leaving for Duluth shortly to help a friend pour a concrete slab, will try to catch up here tomorrow.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 05:54:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Late in the afternoon yesterday I finally got my PC to show an "internet on" icon, but still could not actually get on the internet. Chris got home and said he'd play with it a bit. He spent a half hour or more trying different things, and finally got it working again. Asked him what finally did the trick and he said "no idea".

We had a fun time talking with P&B. Did not solve any world problems.

When all was said and done  we had about 4&1/2 inches in the rain gauge. Still standing water in the cornfield across the road. Yard is all squishy. Had a pond in the front yard, will have to be careful when I am mowing that area so I don't get the mower stuck. Really did not need that much rain. Or the window rattling thunder. Some of the lightning strikes had my hair standing on end.
Shrimp story funny, PJ. Nice that the bartender had a good sense of humor, too.
MB, here's hoping you find a GOOD and reasonable contractor.
BB & PJ, is PF the guy who did the "climbing up on Salzbury Hill" (grab your things, I've come to take you home)? Always loved that song.
Gotta go see what the canines are up to; things are too quiet!
Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 06:40:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

It will be a great sunny day for the coast today. Beach folks will certainly be happy with a high of 88 degrees. Current temp is 72 at 6:38

Yesterday was a good day for my beach walk. I checked tide and wind : low tide equals wide walking area in moist sand. Wind was a nice 6 mph and just enough to keep one cool while strolling along. Beach was not too packed and most were families having fun with the kids plus Grandma and Grandpa. I didn't see many runners or people walking their dogs as it was already 82 when I started at 11 o'clock.  The ocean was just right for wading. All in all, a perfect day. I walked too fast and only did 55 minutes between my normal reference points. Close enough and headed to Fibber's for lunch. Had the club sandwich with turkey. It was so yummy and huge that I saved one half for dinner. After I got home I spotted some weeds in the rocks around the new little crape myrtle. That will never do so I pulled those buggers with a 'death grip' between my fingers. Went inside, had some ice water while checking emails and got sleepy. Stretched out in the recliner and took a nap. Freddie also decided that was good idea and joined me.

It was a great day for one that started with nada on my plate.

Today I might stop by the Almost New store to see if the small chest of drawers that I looked at is still there. Then lunch somewhere.......Fibber's ?

Hey Bob. Good to see ya and thanks for those pictures of beautiful mountain views. The other shots of mountain streams and small waterfalls looked........green !  hee,hee.

Hello BB. Kind thoughts your way.

MB, hope you find good contractors and reasonable pricing.

Have fun with the concrete job, Badger.

Yesterday's beach shots to follow.
See everyone later
Bernie

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/06/29 08:37:25

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 06:44:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
oops, crossing posts Cindy.

Glad to hear computer is up & running again.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 06:51:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
looking Southward

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 06:52:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
towards the North.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 06:54:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
calm waters and wide walking beach

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 07:36:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning

PJ  your pretty woman story is hilarious!

Summer is officially here.  high 90's today with 105 heat index.  .... May be too hot for a round of golf.  We did hit the course last night.. Was a fun date night. 

Bernie- Jamie had an excellent idea!  garden club or a gardening class....

Twirls  where did you get your crab legs?
have a good day all

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 08:35:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Horrible start to the day. My neighbor texted me about 0600 and said two big dogs were in my yard. I went out to chase them off and discovered they had killed one of my cats. Makes me sick. Never have seen them before. Went looking, but nothing. Got my gun out, but don't know if it came down to it, I could actually kill an animal.

Not gonna happen for me, but I hope everyone has a great day.

Hi JJ!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 10:53:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Beautiful summer day here.  A high temp of 91F expected.
No big plans for the weekend.  SJ's car is still not working properly after installing the new part. 
The car started but as soon SJ would put it in drive gear....repeatedly died.  
He had it towed to a mechanic.   No need to go to Jackson today.  No trip to the farmers market.  :(

BeachBilly,  So very sorry about your poor kitty.  Hugs.

C&C,  glad your internet is up an going again. 

Yes, PF is the artist who sings "Solsbury Hill".
He does such a wide range of music.  Everything from acid rock to the blues.  He can keep those screaming guitar numbers.
But I really like the rest.  LOL
At the concert...for a $20 donation to Shriner's Children Hospitals they gave you PF's new blues cd.
Great cause!  So I donated.  Gave SJ the cd.  He listened to it on the way to work and back.  Said it was excellent!   

UpHill,  awesome scenery on your trek.

Jamie, hope you are doing well after the eye surgery.

Bernie,  good luck on the dresser for the guest room. 

Badger,  take care in your travels.  Bet your buddy really appreciates your help on the concrete pour.

jj,  glad you and your husband had a fun date on the golf course.  Looked like a lovely evening in your area.
I will refrain from posting here what I posted on your FB page.     Cause when I'm bad.  I'm so, so bad...  Sorry

MB, SJ has decided not to put pontoon boat in the marina just yet.  Need to see the price tag on fixing his car first.

Wishing all of you a beautiful day!  
post edited by PJamigo - 2019/06/29 11:01:15

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 11:37:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJamigo
Good morning BCers!

jj,  glad you and your husband had a fun date on the golf course.  Looked like a lovely evening in your area.
I will refrain from posting here what I posted on your FB page.     Cause when I'm bad.  I'm so, so bad...  Sorry

Fore! Play!    I thought it was funny!

sorry about your cat, BB.  

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 13:40:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I've been outside working in the yard all day today. It's hot out, may even hit 80 degrees. I moved a bunch of loam, leveling out around my high bush blueberry bushes. They aren't giving fruit yet, but the strawberries are! If I'm not careful, I won't get a strawberry shortcake tonight. Need strawberries to make that happen! Done some weeding... All while waiting for my buddy with the tractor to come over. 

Here is what I had:

And I had this sitting in the driveway:

And here is what we did with them:

It took us an hour to set them all. I could have rented a tractor myself, and had it delivered and spent all day. But renting the tractor with an operator makes things so much nicer. Cost me $150.00. I'm pretty happy about now. Forever steps that match the house!

Lovin life,
Bob

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3795
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 14:54:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
BeachBilly, so very sorry to hear about your cat. Did you call Animal Control? Maybe they can talk to the neighbors, see if anyone knows who the dogs belong to.

Good luck with all your projects, MB, sounds like an awful lot of work.

PJ, so funny about the shrimp. Hope SJ gets his car up and running OK.

I love club sandwiches Bernie, but am lucky to be able to eat half, they are so big. How about a nice BLT now that your weather is so nice and hot.

It is low 70s here, very nice. My eye is still blurry, Dr. said it could take a few days to more than a week. Hope it clears up soon.
Got a Jury Duty summons in the mail yesterday. Sister will swing by tomorrow and take it into my Dr. for a medical excuse. I have done jury duty 7 times in my life so feel I have more than done my civic duty.
Have a great weekend, all.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 15:21:38 (permalink)
0 (2)
Afternoon

When I signed on this morning, BB's post regarding her cat was so heartbreaking that I didn't feel like posting then.

Bob, nice looking steps/stairs.  Is a hand rail planned?

PJ, its always something...

Badger, hope it isn't miserably hot for your concrete job.  It's Mexico hot here and with no tropical sea breeze!  Going out to submerge myself in the pool soon.

I had more intense "come to Jesus" talk with Chris.  I informed him for the last time that I will NOT put up with him drinking beer all day and what it does to to his personality.  He's not mean or abusive with me but too loud, cannot keep his mouth shut, monopolizes any conversation and only wants to talk about himself and everything he's done and seen.  He wanted to do all the cooking and although I like having help, I also love to cook but HE WOULD NOT LET ME.  He got defensive if I even went into the kitchen.  It could have become an knock down drag out fight (which would mean that I smacked him upside his head with a cast iron frying pan and drug him outside and locked the doors!) but I didn't want to go that direction at the time.  However, I WLL NOT HAVE HIM TELLING ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO in my own home!  I do believe I got it across today that he can live with my rules or get out now.  He's great when he's not drunk but by mid afternoon, he usually is.  Even though he only drinks beer, I've seen too many beer alcoholics die after moving on to whiskey or vodka.  I'm not living with that no matter how helpful he is the rest of the time.  Life is too short to put up with anyone like that.  If he can't control his drinking now, then it will just get worse and I'm not wasting any more time or breath.  I'M DONE with him as he is now.
After my short talk, he left to work with Levi.  I told him not to come back here drunk!

I did meet Ann for a bit of light lunch at the new wine bar close by.  Had a Mimosa to try to relax.  Too hot to go shop and I don't need anything.  She had errands and may stop by for pool time.  I'm going to read while floating in the pool and maybe tackle a little project later.
post edited by TwirleyB - 2019/06/29 15:24:39
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 15:50:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
4 and half inches of rain and Sophie found a mud hole loved that hated her bath

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 17:38:23 (permalink)
TwirleyB
Bob, nice looking steps/stairs.  Is a hand rail planned?

Yup, now that they are set, I need to get measurements. I'm going with 1 3/4" schedule 40 welded pipe rail, hot dipped galvanized. It looks like it will cost me about $600.00 or so, plus I'll have to set them in concrete sonotubes right next to the steps. I'm gonna be so happy digging 8 sonotubes down 3 feet deep, I can hardly wait!!!

I'm going with the welded rails because I don't want the seams or couplings that you always seem to catch your leading finger on. I can get the rails nice and smooth all the way around. As we get older, our skin gets thinner and, well, bleeding is easier. I'm going with hot dipped galvanized so I never have to paint it, and the color will go with the house pretty well. I am working pretty hard to make life easy for me, eh? I'm using the schedule 40 pipe so it is nice and solid. In the whole scheme of things, once you decide to buy a railing, going with the thicker steel adds only a small percentage to the cost. I gotta get three feet deep with the sonotubes so frost doesn't work them around and make them crooked.

It'll take some time. I need to measure and lay out the the rails, then the welder will prep them and wait until there is load of steel going to the hot dip shop and then wait for it to come back. But I do expect to get them in by winter time. Local code doesn't call for railings, but the insurance company does! LOL! In Maine towns under a certain size are not required to have a building code. Our town is small enough. But that doesn't mean I don't want it right. 

Hot day today. I think it hit 80. I had some nice strawberry shortcake for dinner!

Have a great evening all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 18:26:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  87 and fair skies.  Barely a leaf moving and high humidity.  Under an excessive heat warning.  Was out early to water outdoor plants and a few other things for a couple of hours.  Drip, drip, drip.  Oppressive heat.  Went to open house across the street with Mary Jo early afternoon and then had a nice visit with a good friend for a couple hours but teary saying our goodbyes. 

Thanks Holly for chat about my upcoming projects and cheering me up.  Hope Chris pulls his act together as you two seem to work well together and can offer each other assist to one another.  Hope it all works out and you enjoyed your pool time.

Cindy, that look on Sophie's face says it all.  Simply priceless.

Jamie, sure hope that eye clears up for you.  That's a lot of jury duty.  Only have to serve once and got a medical excuse last fall for county. Received a federal questionnaire but have not received a summons.  Fingers crossed.  Sound like cool weather in your hood.  Is that the norm this time of year?

Claire, I was so distressed to read your morning post.  Sickens me that you lost one of your kitties.  So sorry.  Huge hugs from MN.

Bob, nice job. Wasn't following your detail about the rail system but I am sure it will be very nice.  Such a good feeling to knock more off ones list.

Badger, hopefully your day went well.  Not sure what type of weather you're getting.  This friggin rain is really messing with my upcoming gutter and gutter cover job.  Will see what happens early next week but it is not looking good.  Out of my control. It will all work out hopefully.  Please tell me that you are going to take a day off tomorrow, pretty please?

Mapes, loading those cannons scares me much more than illegal fireworks here the north land.  Too many people get injured.  Hope Sweetie's knee is all healed up.

PJ, what's up with the potty mouth?  Ha, ha girl.  You crack me up darling.

That's all I got.  Headed out to deck for a Modello Especial and then on to some dinner.  Just chilling and enjoying life.  Be well and hola to all you lurkers.  MB

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 21:06:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just checking in...
Holly, it's YOUR house...I've met Chris and can totally see how he could be on your last nerve...you are in control here and he needs to know it.  You are doing him a huge favor, letting him live with you (is he in the Mexico room?)  If so, then for sure, grab the reigns and set him straight...that west end is beautiful and he needs to be realize how lucky he is!  You rule the castle girl!!!

Love seeing how everyone is doing, can hardly keep up with you all!!  Normally about this time, Tatt and I are looking at options for Akumal in the spring.  But notta now.  We are waiting to see what you all are planning, because we definitely want to be a part of it for sure!  We love Akumal, but are ready to try something different so please let us know.
Finally, retirement is setting in...after a year, ha ha...don't know why it took me so long, it's like I needed a long siesta.  Starting to purge, unfortunately the problem with having a "boy toy" is the fact that he has to keep working for at least another 5 years...what was I thinking???  Kidding, I wouldn't trade my life with him for anything...
Oldest daughter and spouse are loving Kauai and have settled in nicely.  Money doesn't seem to be an issue.  ****???  Happy for them.
Shana is still close by, don't know what I'd do without her.  She's the one with the twin grandboys and they are a hoot.  Baylee visits me every other week as she definitely needs a break from them.  Lordy, I don't know how she does it!  She is one amazing Mama!
Jason and Juany are still in Houston with their two littles...he just got promoted to Operations Manager of Osmose Utilities, so looks like they will be staying there.  Juany is in cosmetology and  specializes in hair extensions and is in high demand, she even does seminars in NYC, so I doubt she will be giving that up any time soon.  Planning to go visit them again in September to get some grandbaby time, will take Shana with.
Still don't know how I did what I did while still working...
Got together last week with some old classmates.   From Arizona to Florida, it was like yesterday, so much fun.  We all realized how old we've become!  Such good memories.
Wow, I've rambled!  
Hugs to you all...hold on to everything dear to you and make it a great weekend!
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 21:07:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Nothing better than old friends~

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/29 21:09:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
and I made this wreath!

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 05:26:04 (permalink)
ChrisandCindy
4 and half inches of rain and Sophie found a mud hole loved that hated her bath

I just know that Joey is thinking "You're gonna be in trouble, you're gonna be in trouble!"  I wish you had some pix of the bathing process!

Good Morning Clubbers, it's Sunday.

BBilly, my condolences on the loss of your cat, what's really troubling to me is that many times if dogs get a taste of killing they return to do it again. I think you should call whoever is in charge of animal control in your county and register a complaint. The owners of those dogs should be aware of the consequences if they allow their dogs to continue to roam at will. Hugs my friend.

Gem, not sure if we will be able to do a late spring trip again because that is a really bad time for me to get away from work as my construction season is just starting. But I wouldn't trade the trip this past spring for anything, we had so much fun! So if someone else was to pick dates and try to organize a trip we would definitely try to make it.

Bernie, in the 2nd photo, what is the guy in the cart selling?

Twirls, Chris needs to understand what side his bread is buttered on, sorry to say that in my experience most alcoholics never change, they just try to hide their drinking.

PJ, we need details on what you said to JJ! Please?? Hope the car is a easy fix.

MB, It was a good thing we poured fairly early yesterday as it was a hot & sticky day, I was completely soaked with sweat within a half hour. The slab came out very nice though, and my friends are happy.

I told Babs that I would taking fishing today for a little while before work,  but a nasty T-storm is rolling through right now, we'll have to wait until later this week. I still have lots of wiring to do inside that garage I just rebuilt, so I think I will work on that today.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/30 05:53:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Slept longer than usual, so just a quick hello to all. Have to get ready for church. We are expecting rain today, too so if it arrives and we can't be outside working, I will do a chattier post later. Stand your ground, Twirls.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..981982983984985.. > >> Showing page 981 of 1016
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5