AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..976977978979980.. > >> Showing page 976 of 989
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/17 09:41:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

I woke up to a downpour with my back hurting.  Lovely, eh?  I would have layed there and tried to go back to sleep but with my back, it wasn't going to happen.  Storms rolling through the area.  Flood warnings everywhere.
I was watching the local news but 3 of the local stations that are broadcast through the same company just went out!  It's been several minutes with no "Network trouble" sign so they must have been struck by lightening.    Only CBS is still on.  Dang, I like to see the morning local news and CBS is on their Morning Show.  At least Kevin Costner is on their interview.  10 minutes and they are still out on the 3 stations!

Joey does look like he has "sad" eyes again but at least it's not the CONEHEAD!  It's a short term thing and at least he can play with Sophie!

MB, your yard is gorgeous!

Cindy, can you explain the difference between the small Dahlia's and the big monster ones I have?  I forgot there was the small ones sold as annuals.  Same type of bloom.  Some of mine are 5' tall and they are in pots.  I buy them as tubers or "bulbs".  

PJ, sounds like a great Father's Day with yummy seafood!

Bernie, glad you are having some fun.  It's hard to readjust when you are used to spending time with someone and then you have to break the habit.  This last winter when I was not walking and house bound, Cammie pretty much quit coming around unless she needed something like a place to vent, money or something else.  I got used to not seeing her gradually so it was easier to break that bad habit.  And that's pretty much what that kind of "friendship" is...a bad habit.  Hindsight is 20/20!

Chris picked some garden lettuces yesterday so we had a big salad with our tuna steaks and garden fresh green beans.  The tomatoes are not far off.  The Early Girls are starting to ripen.  The rest are loaded and I expect a large crop all at once.  I'll share with the neighbors.  I have several varieties of Heirloom tomatoes. Some I had never heard of.  Only 2 don't have tomatoes yet.  

I don't have much planned for the week.  PT twice and a haircut tomorrow.  Thursday I have a phone interview with my Disability attorney.  My hearing must be coming up.  It will be out of town and I don't have to go.  Not sure if I will be better off with Medicare or not.  The "Obamacare" insurance has been pretty good to me.  With the cost of my meds, it's not long to reach that total "out of pocket" expense maximum each year.  With my actual income, the cost is pretty cheap for the insurance.  It's taken 2+ years to get to this hearing so now age 65 is not that far off!  I don't understand how I got to be so OLD!  

Our week's weather shows 5 out of 7 days of rain!
I guess I'm out of chit chat.  You all enjoy the day.  

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/17 10:01:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with a high temp of 84F expected.  
Must have had a bit of rain during the night.  Porch and decks are all wet. 
SC went back to Nashville around 7 pm last night.  SJ is back to work this morning.
Very quiet morning so far.  My plan is to attack the back deck.  Clean it up and get the cherry tomato plants into planter boxes.  Have some hanging petunia baskets and marigolds to brighten up that area as well.
Way behind on these outdoor planting projects.   

MB,  your outside areas look beautiful.  Nice work!

Uphill,  I'm with you... don't mind painting.   But the shifting and moving of all the items in a room into another
room messes up the flow of the house.  

Bernie,  sounds like you had a nice time with the guys this weekend. 

C&C,  glad Joey is feeling well enough to do a little wrestling with Sophie.  The necklace does look more comfortable.

Twirls,  ever since SJ fell down the stairs sleepwalking in the middle of the night.
We have night lights and battery powered motion sensor lights in various places throughout the house.    

SoSo,  you've been busy since returning home.   Baby girl is a cutie!  

BeachBilly,  hope you had a nice time with your parents. 

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/17 17:18:46 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  73 and mostly cloudy.  Started the lawn work around 9:30 and had everything done in record time by noon.  I was moving fast as there was chance of isolated showers and here it is 5 and I am running sprinkler system.  Matters not just happy to get it done followed by a few errands, weeding rock garden down by pond and a much needed shower.  On my second load of laundry.  Alarm set for tomorrow.  Plumber coming at 7 and flooring guy at 9.  Appointment at lighting store at 10 on Friday to place order.  Thanks all for compliments on house, deck and yard.  I have really tried to keep up on maintenance and improvements.  As exhausting as it can be, I am crossing my fingers on all the new projects and then the dreaded follow-up with Renewal by Anderson.....the project from hades.  

Bob, hope you have a great trip coming up.  Sounds like a fun time at Bar Harbor.  Enjoy.

Badger, that was sweet that you and Babs had lunch at your favorite Mexican place.  

Bernie, tomorrow is the day for your meeting with Eve.  Hope it goes well.

Hola Twirls.  Hope to catch up with you in the next couple of days.

Crunchie, that was quite the rain/wind storm in your hood. Glad you didn't have any damage.

Know I am forgetting others.  Too much on my mind.  Now saying rain holds off till Thursday.  Really?  Time to check on second load of wash and make up a modified cobb salad for dinner.  Be well all, MB.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 05:16:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Twosday.

Not much going on here besides work. Should finish one roofing job today and then head back to that garage remodel, the rest of the materials for the garage arrived yesterday. Busy, Busy.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 06:08:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Twirls, I really don't know much about dahlias. They are pretty, but I decided not to plant anything else I have to dig up in the fall. As far as the difference between the giants and the small ones, all I can say is hybridization?

Got the mowing completed yesterday, then had to clean up and go with Chris to an appointment with the diabetes nutritionist. Got quite a bit of validation on things I have been telling him all along... We'll see if he takes this info to heart. After the hour+ time we spent there, we stopped for some dinner at the newer Mex restaurant. Love their mole. (and their Margs) Doggies were happy to see us when we finally got home.

We have rain possible for every day in the foreseeable future. But mostly they are 20% and 30% chances, so I'm hoping they all fizzle. We could use a stretch of dry weather.

Now I need to get another cup of coffee, so have a wonderful day!
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29464
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 06:37:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Sometimes husbands just need to hear it from a different source Cindy 

Everyone sure is busy. That is a good thing.

Your garden sounds great Twirley, but all that rain bleh. They haven't even said the word "drought" this summer. Flooding seems to have replaced it. I am hoping we are done with these storms. Of course now it will be hot, hot, hot, along with a big spoonful of humidity. At least it is not cold!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 07:32:29 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Just a clouds this AM but at this time the sun is shining brightly; should be nice throughout the day. Our current temp is 76F at 6:54 and our high should be 84 degrees.

Yesterday I made it to the beach for a nice walk. It was just a little warmer as the wind was fairly calm. A good day for the beach folks and nice water temperature of 81F with calm seas. You will see from my pictures that there were many tourist having fun. I did my usual 1 hour walk then headed to Fibber's for lunch. Nothing like a cool refreshing drink while relaxing and waiting for my chicken fingers. If y'all ever get out this way we will definitely stop by Fibber's. They also have a nice outside seating area with umbrellas but I favor the bar when by myself.

After I got home I paid my Federal and State quarterly estimated taxes on-line. At least I earn miles towards another a/a flight. Also ordered another set of pillows and pillow cases from My Pillow for when Meredith and John get here.

Today I plan for another beach walk and afterwards I'll make a stop at the bank. Might try a different spot for lunch to change things up; there is a pretty good Mexican place across the street from the bank.

Yes Holly, it is an adjustment to drop an old friend but a "user" is not the best of relationships. I have tried to rationalize why I would hang with Andrea in the past, knowing her personality. I probably was just lonely for companionship and it was also nice to be around a pretty younger woman. Unfortunately the cost of admission was too high.  Hope your Thursday interview goes well.

Busy busy for you PJ. Of course, that is the norm for you. Glad you are mostly better from that bug. Yes, it was good to hang some with my neighbor and his friend Gary, although they wore me out. I'm getting too old to party like that and was glad to see Gary go back home. hee,hee.

You are also busy busy, MB. Hope all of your meeting with vendors go well. No, I do not have my date tonight. It's tomorrow at 6PM when we meet at a place in North Myrtle Beach. I'm sure I'll be a little nervous at first. I'm excited yet cautious. Does that make sense ?

Work is good, right Badger ?  The old saying "make hay when the sun shines" seems to fit your type of jobs perfectly.  Stay healthy and make some money !

Time to scoot. Hope y'all have a great day.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 07:36:12 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Oops, crossing post Cindy and Crunch.  Hi to you both !

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 07:37:51 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Lined up for sun and fun towards the South.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 07:39:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
My normal walking view to the North

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 07:40:58 (permalink)
+2 (2)
The ocean fairly calm. Perfect water temp in low 80's

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 10:23:47 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning all
Foggy, cold and cloudy.  Rained most of yesterday off and on and most of the night was ON!  Got some heavy downpours and a LOT of rain.  I can tell because the pool came up a couple of inches or more.  Going to have to backwash some water out of it today.

Crunch, it's an El Nino year.  That normally means a cool rainy summer for us.  I remember several El Nino years.  One year in July we had a high of only 79!  A GF called and said "Well THIS IS IT!"  I replied "What?"  She said "It's that cold day in July that people reference when they mean NEVER"  I don't expect any heat waves this year.  It was the same the year I bought this house with the POOL!  It was too cold to use it much.  I was disappointed.  I doubt the word DROUGHT comes up in the midwest this year, or pretty much anywhere in the US.   

Cindy, I agree about not digging stuff up in the fall!  That's why most all my plants are in pots.  We just cut the stuff down and stack them in the garage for the winter.  Several years ago, I gave JJ some African Giant Canna bulbs to plant around her pool for privacy and the tropical look.  She loved them.  I warned her how they multiply and that you had to dig them up each fall.  I believe she called after the first digging job and sent me a picture of bulbs strewn all over the garage.  Of course she started giving some away, like I had.  After a few years they gave up and stopped digging them.  I can't count how many friends that I gave them to.  They got REALLY TALL and were beautiful BUT...  I finally started selling/trading them to a nursery in the area!  I had gotten the original bulbs from my favorite Aunt who had a "privacy fence" of them.   When she moved from that house I grew up knowing, I asked her for some.  Then they were started at my Grandma's house because my Aunt moved there.  For awhile everyone I knew had some in their yard.  Then we all got older gave up the digging.  

Chris and I split the WAGYU (correct spelling) ribeye steak last night.  It was delicious. Very flavorful and juicy!  I don't do well with digesting rich red meat these days...boo hoo!  Chris is hard at it already and doing the weekly vacuuming of the house.  I think it pays to feed him well!

Bernie, I felt the same about Cammie.  She was fun and dressed appropiately when we went out.  She was also AVAILABLE because she didn't work at the time.  At the time I felt her lack of money and what I did for her was a trade off for her company  Over the years her lack of good judgement and her priorities began to wear on me.  I don't she she ever saw it as using me and she didn't do it intentionally, but took the relationship for granted.  I'm sure she feels like she hates me just because I stopped doing for her.  She has no basis for hating me other than she never expected that I would end it.

Today is hair cut day later in the afternoon.  Other than that, nothing is planned.  However it is JAZZ night at a pub in town so maybe I'll get out if the weather is good.

You all have a FINE day!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 10:52:13 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with more rain on the way.  We actually needed rain in our area. Been passing us by.
Got the back deck mostly cleaned off yesterday.  Cut back the jungle of vines and wild roses
that were trying to take over.  Swept off all the leaves.  Filled the planter boxes with tomato plants.
Hung the petunia baskets from the pergola.  Potted up the marigolds and lined the pots up on the
cinder block erosion prevention wall.  Still, have a bit more work to go back there.  Add some more pots of flowers.   
Look for a smaller table to go by the grill area the table that is there is way too big.

Lil doggie was not feeling well yesterday.  Must have eaten something she shouldn't have.  Guessing deer poo.
Got sick on the bed during afternoon nap time.   Had to change out all the bedding.  When SJ went to bed last night
around 10 pm....poor lil girl got sick again.  Had to strip the bed again.  Running around trying to put the bed back
in order so Sj could go to sleep.  I was getting hotter and hotter all the time.  Finally sat down to cool off. 
After 15 minutes...nope still sweating.  Finally, looked at thermostat.  Says it is 85 degrees in the house. 
WTH!  Fiddled with the settings.  Going in and out the back door. Checking for the compressor to come on. 
Getting upset because maybe the compressor is broken.  Didn't want to wake up SJ with bad news.
Then I remembered we had a momentary power outage at about 6 pm.  Went downstairs to check electrical box.  
Sure enough, the compressor breaker had been tripped all evening.  Much relieved when that compressor kicked on.
Felt so good when house cooled down again.  Humidity was removed. By then it was going on 11:30 pm...
was pooped out from all the running around upstairs, downstairs, out the back door. 
Slept like a log last night. 

Nephew just called he is in Nashville on business.  Headed for Memphis this afternoon.  
Wants to stop by for a short visit.   Will be good to see him.  Haven't seen him since last year in Vegas.
He lives in Oregon.  Better get moving here.  Straighten the house and myself up a bit.
Wishing all you a great day! 

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/06/18 10:53:45

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 12:17:01 (permalink)
+2 (2)
What a relief PJ. No AC = No Bueno for sure. Yikes on having to change the bedding twice. No more deer poo mutt!

Twirley - El Nino must explain it. I would not mind it not being in the hundreds this summer I will admit. Sure feels more humid to me.  I would love to try that kind of steak some day. I hear it is supposed to be awesome.

Bernie - no matter the outcome I think it is just fun to go on a "date" and meet someone new.  Hope you enjoy. Love your long walk followed by a well deserved lunch.  Fibbers sounds like my kind of place. Thanks for the beach pictures......Aaaaaaaaaaah.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/18 17:51:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  I am wiped out...70 and cloudy.  Up at 5 and plumber here at 7.  Replaced sump pump and added battery back up.  Both outside spigots replaced.  Expensive day.  Flooring guy showed at 9 and took measurements for the bathroom upstairs.  Talked to plumber about pulling toilet before flooring job and replacing existing fixtures in bath particularly the tub/shower area.  Stressful as he may need to cut hole in master BR sheet rock to access plumbing, but of course won't know until the wheels are in motion. Friggin makes me crazy as I really want to change out all the fixtures.  Need to sleep on all of this.  Appointment on Friday to place order on floor and light fixtures.

PJ, sounds like you are feeling much better and your energy is getting back to normal.  Send pics of all your flowers.  Edit:  Great news on AC.

Twirls, I'm glad Chris is there onsite.  I worry about you a lot and it's nice to know there is someone else there to assist.  Steak sounds amazing, but I rarely eat red meat except hamburgers and prime rib occasionally.

Bernie, the beach pics put a smile on my face.  Lots of folks out enjoying.  That shark activity off NC coast was unsettling with that young lady and her marine Dad that saved her.

Badger, I got a bid from one of the two contractors that bid the job on lights and bathroom reno.  Damn near choked on my cerveza.  Sadly, I think the guy was trying to take advantage of my situation.  Totally different scenario with second contractor, but then again will see.  Sure wish you lived closer to my hood.

What's up with the Dominican Republic?  My neighbor Mary Jo said no way Jose to going back there anytime soon.  Their last trip was in February.

That's all I got.  Going to fire up the barbie.  Have a beautiful evening all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/06/18 17:52:10

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/19 05:06:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Ninos, it's Hump Day.

MB, I really wish that I lived closer to you, I could save you a ton of money on those projects.

Bernie, wish I lived closer to you, too, just so we could go on boat rides and dine at some of those luncheon places.
 Good luck tonight!

Crunch, please keep that heat & humidity down there!

Forgot to tell the BC, when we met C&C at that bar/restaurant to drop off Joey, I went to the mens' room and there was a condom machine with 3 slots side-by-side in which you would place your money. Some joker used a sharpie and wrote above the slots... Small - Medium - Liar

The weather guessers haven't mentioned drought up here yet, but we could use some rain.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/19 05:50:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Paul, I wish we could send you some of our rain. Drippy rain right now, and some in the forecast every day for the rest of the week.
Today I have to take Sophie back to the vet. Her initial visit, I expressed concern that she itched/ scratched so much. He put her on Prednisone and it helped, but a day after that course of meds stopped, the scratching began again. Today he wants to do a thyroid test. Think I will leave Joey behind; it is hard to handle both at the same time. He goes back next week for his post op.

DIL is bringing the kids up this afternoon for a visit, they are taking Seth on Friday to meet up with his uncle Rob, who will then take him to his other grandparents in S. Dakota. They do a fishing tournament for all their grandkids every year. Son and DIL will join them for a few days at the end of the month, and be back on the 7th of July. Think Didi will be missing her big bro.

MB, I don't envy you with all those projects. (particularly the follow up with Anderson!) I can't keep up with what I need to do and herd dogs...

PJ, I bet you were exhausted after that ordeal. Just hope there was no set back with the cold.
Coffee cup is empty, need a refill! Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/19 06:37:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Condom machines in the bano? Love what the joker wrote

Oh MB - that stuff is so stressful. Take your time making the decision for sure.

One dog at a time at the vet for sure. It takes both of us to take the 2 dogs. Hope Sophie can get a fix. With Tuco it was allergies and finally just had to put him on daily Apoquel since nothing else worked. We tried it all. Have fun with the grands!
post edited by crunch - 2019/06/19 06:38:36
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/19 07:24:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Wednesday

Badger...too funny. If you traveled to each BC'ers home that needed work, you could see the country while making a living 

Crunch...I've seen condom machines in the ladies' room before too! Don't recall any commentary written on the sizes though

MB...When I go out of town just for the night, my neighbor feeds Chief the horse. The cats that choose to stay in are fine. Those outside better eat before the night crew comes in (raccoons, opossum and skunks). I feed them when I get back the next day. Now if it's a longer trip, that's different. I hate asking friends to come way out here to do it.

PJ...Glad the AC was an easy fix

Cindy...Could luck at the vet. Hope that is an easy fix too!

Twirls...Rain, rain and more rain here too

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/19 07:44:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Little cloudy this AM along the coast. T-storms predicted around 11 o'clock. Current temp 77F at 7:39 and the high will be 87 degrees.

Got to sleep in a bit this morning and Freddie left me alone. Amazing. Today I will do some laundry and pay a bill or two on line. I'm already getting "butterflies" about the date tonight with Eve. We chatted last night for over an hour. We both are looking forward to meeting each other. 

Yesterday I did my one hour walk on the beach; didn't bring the camera though. After my walk I stopped at Food Lion for BOGO Tostitos plus I had an extra 50 cents off coupon. I'm turning into my mother. hee,hee.
Then I stopped at the bank and afterwards went across the street to Fibber's. Had the huge Chef's Salad. Darn, wish I had my camera to take a picture of it. I ate it all except the sliced cucumbers.

I don't know PJ, something about a dog eating deer poo just doesn't sound right. Ha,ha. Glad you didn't have to call the a/c man out for a repair; that can get expensive.

I agree, Crunch. It's been some time since I went out for a date. Darn, now I'll have to take a shower and put on some pretty clothes. I have decided to laugh a lot and enjoy myself. You know I have invited you and Tomas out for a visit, si ? Then you guys can walk on my beach and take your own pictures of it. Then we can all go Fibber McGees for lunch. My treat ! Then you go home ! hee,hee.

MB, don't get too many projects going all at once. You will stay pooped out !  Yes, those shark bites are not normal for our beaches out here. Those that study that type of event say that our water temperature warmed up sooner than normal this year and the bait fish moved in closer to the shore. The sharks followed those smaller fish to feed. When Meredith and John come out in August, I'm not going to take the boys out
past my knees.

That would be way cool, Badger. Would be fun to take you and Babs out on the ICW and visit some of those great seafood places. Let me know when, as I'll need to put clean sheets on the guest bed. hee,hee.

Good luck with the dogs, Cindy.

Hi BB. Good to see ya.  How many cats do you have to feed ?

Lordie, time is flying. Drinking the last cup of coffee now.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/19 09:35:32 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all

PJ, WHEW!  You wore me out just reading your whirlwind day!  Hope you didn't over do after your cold!

MB, I understand.  Remodeling is a can of worms.  Is the area where the plumbing backs up to the bedroom a wall that is behind furniture or somewhere it can be covered and disguised?  I've encountered that and we covered it with a thin sheet of ? (don't remember but something like masonite) that screwed on and painted to match, so in case we ever needed to get to the plumbing again, it was accessible.  It was behind the dresser.  

Cindy, I have to have help with taking both dogs to the vet too.  It's almost impossible to get one dog in the car without the other.  Which reminds me they both have to go in very soon.  Pearl is also itching but I think it's her anal glands.  She's also too fat to scratch herself in a lot of places and she comes to me whining and wagging her butt!  I am going to have to do more to get the weight off of her but she is a total pig.  She sneaks in to eat Margarita's food.  Pearl eats all hers but Margarita prefers to graze a bit at a time.   I've tried picking up the remains of Margarita's food but don't always remember.  They both are on a weight management food and gets walked twice a day and is active so ??

Badger, which one did you pick?

Crunch, I'd like at least some summer temps to warm up the pool again!  It was warmer earlier in the season but has cooled with the cold nights we've had.  At least it looks pretty.

Chris's bird laid an egg yesterday!  He was expecting it.  She probably will lay a couple more...up to 6.  Sh'es built a tent out of newspaper and made a nest.  She shreds the paper into 1/4" wide strips that look like they were cut with pinking shears.  She's very proud!  Of course they aren't fertilized so Chris has to take them away after a few weeks.  I've offered to get her a mate but Chris says at her age, if she doesn't like him, she will kill him!  I kinda get that from a women's perspective!

I got "dressed down" (as my Grandma and mom would say) twice yesterday!  I considered the source and it didn't bother me too much but a cause for reflection.  By one person I was told I was unkind or displayed inappropriate behavior to a server in a restaurant and that at same restaurant but another time,  it was suggested by a staff member that I displayed signs of opiate addiction, because I went outside twice during dinner??!!  WTH??  I'm a cigarette addict, I admit, and that's why I went outside twice during a 2-3 hour stay.  This gal knows I don't take the stupid pain pills on any kind of regular basis and only use them when absolutely necessary and she knows I smoke!  Then she pointed out the time I was a bit ticked off because someone parked in THE ONLY HANDICAP spot with no HC tags or placard displayed!  At the time I was having a very difficult time with walking.  However I get PO'd about that even when I don't need a HC parking place.  They had a placard but it wasn't displayed properly and it was laying flat on the dash, so I calmed down.  
Then I HAD to call Cammie to give the requested 24 hour notice that I was picking up the furniture on loan that was in her shop.  I was called a CON ARTIST and a thief among other things!  WHAT did I ever con her out of??  her innocence?    LOL!  
Ann and I had lunch and she said she's never seen me be unkind to any server or staff and usually just the opposite of unkind.  Most of the time the server's love to wait on me because I tip so well.  We just LOL about the rest of my "dressing down" stuff!

On a high note, we found a nearby place that's a new WINE bar with an outside patio!  They also offer a Humidor.  It has light food and pastries and fabulous wines.  It was early so we didn't have wine.  We did have a lovely Charcuterie (SP) plate with beautiful berries and grapes, ham, two fresh artisan cheeses, salad greens and great crusty baugette breads and chicken salad on a croissant that we split.  It's only a few minutes from my house and I will go back to try the wines.   Our server had no complaints (LOL) and it was lovely.  

It's raining, naturally, and will most of the day.  I have no plans, other than picking up the furniture from Cammie's shop, which Chris and Levi will do, so maybe I'll get something done here.  I'll probably put the furniture, an antique display case and a stainless steel prep/work table on Craig's list for sale.  

Thanks for letting me have an outlet!
Hope everyone has a good day!

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/19 09:50:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good soggy morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with more T-storms on the way this evening.  High Temp of 88F.
Humidity is 68%...feels more like 90%.  
Had a great visit with my nephew yesterday.  So nice that he took the time to stop in for a visit.

Bernie,  hope you have a wonderful time with the new lady friend.  

Cindy,  lil doggie takes apoquel for skin itches.  Works well for her.   

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/19 11:38:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Back from the vet. He took some scrapings from where Sophie is raw under her "arm" pits and inner thigh, but also a biopsy  which will have to be sent out for examination. He thinks it is a Mississippi burrowing-into-the-skin pest. Applied a dose of Revolution which covers this particular pest. I have 2 more doses, every 2 weeks, and if this is what it is, it should eliminate the problem. If not, he will look into the allergy aspect. At least, if it is something endemic to the south, we don't have to worry about re-infection. And no worries about Joey getting it. But I appreciate the info from you, Crunch and PJ. This is all new to me, our dogs have all been northerners in the past.

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/19 12:36:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
LOL Cindy!

BB - your visit was god I take it?

Twirley - refelct and then take it with  grain of salt, and ignore whatever Cammie says!

Bernie - we would love to take you up on the very kind invite, however, we can only barely get the time off for our 1 week in November and 2 weeks in May for our Mexico trips from our jobs. We need more vacation time!

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/19 13:36:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Sorry Crunch...I seem to only to remember stuff from the most recent posts Yes, I had a wonderful visit! 

Cindy...Didn't Sophie have something else Mississippi related? I've never been to Mississippi and don't think I want to go

Think I'll take a nap. Keeps raining off and on. Like the tropics. Fast and furious downpours, followed by steamy sun. Rinse and repeat

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Page: << < ..976977978979980.. > >> Showing page 976 of 989
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5