AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..971972973974975 > Showing page 972 of 975
Author
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/09 05:19:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Martians, it's Sunday.

C&C, thanks for the doggie pix, Joey looks so content!
We bought our "maze" bowls at Menards. 
And don't forget that the moon is part of Mars.

Twirls, I think that C&C know a cheap or free place to get books for your Kindle.

Bernie, we always find our best flight deals at about 2 months out.
I feel the same way about buying things from China, problem for me is that most of the nails and screws I need for work all come from there.

Gem that is the way I feel about drinking my first margarita each trip to Mexico.

Nipper, yes, go Raptors!!

More lovely weather up here, feels great to have all of the windows open and being able to breathe the fresh air all night long.

Work went well yesterday as I gave my crew the day off, seems I get much more done when I work alone, more of the same today.
post edited by Badger - 2019/06/09 05:20:33

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/09 05:48:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Off and on rain drizzles today. 
PJ, if you would, put a link to the little maze bowl video you posted on FB so Paul can see it. I am now afraid that little miss Sophie will behave just like that.
Feeling a little more human today after yesterday's bumpy ride. Not real happy about the rain, cuz it just means that grass is gonna grow faster.
Dawdled enough this morning that now I really need to go and get ready for the day. Church this morning followed by some grocery and pet shopping, then a family get together at eldest son's new house this evening. It is such a nice house...they even have a media room!
Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/09 06:49:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Woke up at 5 AM to a severe thunder storm with the rain overflowing my gutters on the rear of the house. Time to clean out the gutters ! Knew I forgot something but a tall ladder is no longer my friend. Ugh.

Rain and t-storms off and on today. This is a trend that will hang around through Wednesday. Right now the current temp is 73F at 6:56 with a high of 82 degrees.

Yesterday I had lunch at Fibber's and afterwards was headed to the beach for my walk but noooooo. Big ole storm opened up the heavens and the beach was definitely out of the question. I did get in about 45 minutes walking around the neighborhood around 7 PM; it had cooled down quite a bit and I got to see and chat a little with some other neighbors out walking theirs dogs ( Doug & Regina ), then Dave that has this huge house on Saucepan Creek. After my 2nd loop I stopped for a couple of minutes when I spotted Bryan with his Mom & Dad returning from dinner. Exercise and social hour all in one. hee,hee

Today I am going to try to sneak in a beach walk after breakfast at Nell's, so this means no messing around. Radar showing a 'window' from 9 to noon with no storms.

Badger, waiting that long to book a Christmas time flight might not be doable, as I'm trying to get something using my A/A points. Those available seats go fairly quick. 

Cindy, at least you got one round of grass cutting done. Do you know if these "maze" bowls work for cats as well ? Freddie gulps her dry food pretty quickly.

Hi to everyone. I'm going to get an early start today.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/09 09:18:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
I'm not quite awake.  I was up till 1 reading.  Sleeping hard when all of a sudden BA-ROOO  WRUFF  BA-ROOO GRRR GRRR!   Damn Pearl!  Shot me and Chili cat out of bed like cannon balls!  I don't know what that was about but I got up and opened the door so she could get at whatever it was!  I think she was dreaming!  I know I was...
I thought she heard Chris outside but he was still asleep too!  WAS, being the case!  No one was asleep after that LOUD commotion!  Probably woke the neighbors too!

Badger, for some reason, your comment about the moon reminded me of Ralph and Alice.  I think I got the names right...  he was always going to send her to the moon!  I do't want to go there any more than I want to go to Mars.  I agree with Cindy about Italy, though.

We have a beautiful warm morning.  Not supposed to get any rain but a cold front moving in late will bring very cool temps in the 70's daytime and dipping into the 40's at night. BRRRR.
If it's going to be a coolish summer, I may take a road trip later in the summer.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/09 09:54:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Not the same video but the same message from a different dog.  LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NTQ9pleY6s

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/09 12:56:57 (permalink)
I've been trying to get yard work and such done around here. But all work and no play makes Bob a dull boy. First fishing trip of the season, not bad for the first fish of the season, eh? A nice bass.

I also caught a real good sized yellow perch.

My lady caught this real good sized panfish:

Iffin we were camping, we'd eat real good. Instead, these fellers are talking about alien abduction with their friends and we got a ham italian. 

I'm gonna get a few things done today, just not sure what....

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/09 20:12:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  64 and partly cloudy.  Yesterday it hit 88.  New umbrella and stand arrived and got that set up on deck, but still need lots of extra color out there.  All of my ivy geraniums were previously in full bloom and now nothing.  This has been a funky spring. Church this morning and got together with my siblings and niece Christine to celebrate her Mom's BD. My sister is 14 months older than me. Grateful to see everyone and catch-up. Made me miss my handsome cabana boy.

Cindy, good luck with those maze bowls.  Let us know how it works out after viewing PJ's videos.  Doggies sure look happy.

Bernie, you've sure had your share of rain lately.  

PJ, glad you are feeling a tad better.  Hope you are 100% soon.  Hugs.

Bob, some fun on the water.  Sweet.

Kim, looks like you guys had a great time at the Buffett concert.  I finally got my Sammy  Hagar CD, The Circle, today.

Twirls, Pearl's the girl.  What a wake up call.

Badger, thanks for checking in and hopefully you had some downtime today.

Maple, enjoyed your Newbury pics.  Was trying to figure out the chow though.

Hola to BeachBilly, Jamie, SNF, Bosco, SoSo, Susy and the list goes on.  Be well all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/06/09 20:18:54

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 04:55:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Moanday.

5 in the morning and I am already running late.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 06:16:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Windy and overcast with a chilly temp at 55, but going up to 71. The wind however, is supposed to stick around. Had a nice time at son's house last evening, but their dogs decided that they would be protective of their brand new home and picked on Joey. A little weird, cuz they all got along when they were here. I think the main difference was Keri. She wasn't along when son brought the dogs here; I think they were being protective of her. Pretty sure once Joey is neutered that all will be fine.

Mostly laundry on the agenda today. And making a call to the vet. Petco wasn't open yesterday morning until 10am, and Chris didn't want to dawdle around in town after church. So will try to get away for a little bit and get that maze bowl. Did get Joey a "chuckit" at Wally world, he loves it and it is way easier on my throwing arm. Already lost one tennis ball though.

Looks like a very nice family gathering, MB. Glad you had a nice time.
PJ, thanks for video. Looks like Badger didn't have time to view it, busy boy.
Better get at my chores, have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29462
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 06:35:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Already running late at 5 am Badger?  Geez.

MB - looks like it was a great get together except missing your cabana boy. Hugs GF.  Pretty warm out your way.

Chores huh? They never go away. Joey has such soulful eyes.

Dogs did great staying home alone overnight. They were so good! That doggie door has been a blessing.

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 07:02:31 (permalink)
crunch
Dogs did great staying home alone overnight. They were so good! That doggie door has been a blessing.

Your dogs are big enough to deter criminals who may want to crawl thru, and critters that may want to as well. If you had a 10 lb ****zu there might be a security issue. But yeah, ain't it nice not having to be home by a certain time or having to arrange for the neighborhood kid to take care of the hounds!

Doctor's visit today, picking up paint. The rooms are gonna get some color during bug season!!!

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 07:15:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Cloudy and wet out there this AM. Mr weather man says t-storms throughout the day. The current temp is 76F at 6:54 with a muggy high of 84 degrees.

I believe I had mentioned the pattern of rain here along the coast. Yes MB, we are getting a pretty good amount of the wet stuff but no flooding around our immediate area. As with the Midwest, our farmers also tying to get a break for their planting season.

Yesterday I didn't stop to eat breakfast, as I had grabbed a couple of bowls of cereal before leaving the house. Checked the radar as I left the house and felt good about my chances for a break from the storms along the beach. Brought my combo wind breaker/rain jacket and good thing, as about 20 minutes into my walk a shower buzzed on through. I turned around and scooted a little faster towards the parking space. Still got wet though. I was asking myself why the heck I just have to walk in the rain ? I brought my camera but due to the rain didn't take it out of the case and left it sit in my pocket. No pictures.

Got home, changed clothes, paid a couple of new bills and watched the rain off and on. Checked for a/a
flights to Denver. Got a call from neighbor Chet and we made plans for he and his buddy ( visiting from back home near Mooresville ) to stop by my house later in the evening around 8-ish. Cool. Sounded like a plan as I was headed out to Calabash to the Boundary House around 6 and would be back home before 8. Boundary House was pretty packed but there were a few spots at the bar. Perfect. Wasn't too hungry so ordered some really good cream of potato soup with some garlic bread for "dipping".

Chet and Brad got here about 8:15. We popped a few beers and smoke some recreational product. We all got pretty 'relaxed'. Sat down in the den and talked, told jokes and watched something or other on the TV. They left at 11 and I tried to clean up the kitchen and rinsed out the beer cans before placing into the recycle bin. Don't want no stinking beer cans sitting in the garage for 2 weeks. Anyway, I was a bit unstable to do a complete cleaning job, headed to bathroom to brush my teeth and crashed for the night.
Whew. Thought I was back at PoMo for a few minutes there. Hee,hee.

Today I will wash a load of clothes and finish cleaning up the place. No other plans.  Don't think I'll try for a beach walk.

Bob, good looking fish. Thank you for the pictures.

MB, big ole family gathering. Nice. I was trying to guess who was you Sister in the picture. Figured I would just ask you to point her out.... so ????

PJ, cute video. Wasn't that dog's first rodeo, right ?

Rush,rush, rush, Badger. Don't get a speeding ticket !

Cindy, do you think you will have to anchor the maze bowl to the floor ? I bet one of the two dogs will learn how to 'flip' it.

Crunch, good that your puppies behaved well. Of course, dogs never tell you what they did while you and Tomas were away, si ?

Sipping the last cup of coffee. Oh, MB, remember when I was trying to explain that small piece of furniture to you ? Well I took a picture of it and will post shortly. Not very large : 18"d x 15"w x 55"h
I will just tell Meredith to put the boys clothes in it when they all visit in August. I found a small white chest-of-drawers at Almost New consignment yesterday on the way home from my beach walk. Asking $110 for it and the price drops next month by $20. I'm holding out. Hee,hee.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 07:17:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
storage unit

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 07:19:23 (permalink)
Oops Bob. Crossing posts.

So you are going to spray paint the bugs ? I'm confused. Ha !

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 09:48:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
Bernie, I like that piece that you call storage.

Nothing new here.
Had some pool time with Angela yesterday.  Chris got a lot done around here.  He got the rug out of the sitting room and power washed it outside.  Last year I had them taken out for steam cleaning.  Took me 6 months to get them back!  Frankly, it looks better after power washing than it did with steam cleaning.  The rug is from Lowe's and not that expensive.  It will dry draped over the tables and then be put away for the summer.  All floors in entry rooms coming from the pool are tile so no dripping on the wood floors.  I just don't like the rugs in summer months.  Too hard to vacuum and too hot for the dogs!

We are going to have record low temps tonight and a cool spell for the week but not a lot of rain chances.

MB, large family gathering.  I only get to dream about my family members.  I have a couple of cousins in other areas and that's about it.  We aren't close and no one else is left of either side of my family.  I remember family reunions as a kid with, it seemed like, a hundred relatives or more.  Most were old then.  I also remember lots of funerals.  I've been to way more funerals in my life than weddings!  I used to think of funerals as just another family reunion but now I dread them.  I go to the visitation for the family but can't or don't make myself go to a funeral service these days.  No sense in me even having any kind of service or party as there wouldn't be more than a few that would or could attend.  

Lowe's just called regarding my credit for a new refrigerator.  Currently they, and myself, are looking for the original price/receipt.  I know I have it somewhere but because it's been almost 5 years, I'm sure it's been put in a bin and packed up.  

I've gotten distracted twice so I better shut up and just say HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 12:39:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
That is a good sign on the fridge Twirley. I hear you on the funeral. If I can't be around to enjoy it then what is the point ha ha! No really, my family has shrunk a ton too.

Bernie - I really like that strorage thing. Sounds like you had a fun Sunday eve. Any munchies?

Bobski - I was more worried about what the dogs would do to the house or that they might get upset. Every time we checked the camera they were laying around.  You are welcome to come paint our house during bug season!
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3795
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 16:29:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, glad you and Tomas had a great time at the Buffett concert, was lucky enough to see him years ago and he is a very good entertainer as well as a singer. Good to hear the dogs behaved.

Twirley that is good news about your fridge, hope you find a new replacement that works better. Hope you are sleeping better. I hear you about the small families, only my sister Laurie and her son are left plus a few first cousins that do not live nearby.

Sorry for those of you getting so much rain, we are finally having nice warm weather, 78 here where I live and almost 90 in downtown. Should be that way most of the week. Got my groceries and meds delivered along with some stuff I ordered from Macy's along with a new battery for my cordless phone. Will ask my neighbor to install it when he gets home from work.

Is the roof job almost finished Badger?

Nice large family gathering, MB, glad you had a wonderful time.

Hope you had a good time fishing Bob.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 18:18:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  74 and fair skies.  A beautiful day and got busy on the lawn mowing around 9 or so.  Finished around 12:30.  A nice breeze which felt great.  Rain tomorrow. While on the rider I noticed an egret land on a downed tree in the pond.  It looked so majestic landing with that beautiful white wing span.  Nature always has a way of putting a smile on my face more often than not.

Paul, I was a 5 o'clock riser years ago.  Pablito at 3 a.m.  Was so happy when we got that belt whisper drive Chamberlain garage door opener as master bedroom was close by and I had a hard time falling asleep again.

Jamie, glad things are going well for you.  

Twirls, that's a tough one when your family diminishes.  Family here tries to get together about five times a year which really is not a whole lot in my head.  But then again, I discuss with others they think that is pretty darn good. Hugs to you and others that have little family left. 

Bernie, keep up those beach walks.  Interesting storage unit.  My sis is second in from the left.  She has olive skin and deep brown eyes as does her daughter more so like my Father and more blonde blue eye I am more so like my Mother.

Crunchie, blessing that the doggies behaved while you were gone.  Leap of faith, but you did have the cameras.

Hi to all I've missed.  Hope all have a beautiful eve.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/06/10 18:24:33

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 18:26:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
doggie pile on dad

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/10 18:38:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Cindy, thanks for the grande smile.  Chris is now the couch cushion.  I'm thrilled at Joey's happy eyes.  Amazing transformation.  Cathy

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/11 04:23:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Dog Lovers, it's Twosday.

I am so glad to see that the dogs have finally accepted Chris into their family and that they allow him to share their couch. Actually, those photos almost brought a tear to my eye thinking about how Joey spent the last year being neglected and constantly wandering his neighborhood begging for human attention and to see him now, so happy, content, and obviously loved, it makes my heart swell. Thank you, thank you, for the wonderful photos!!

MB, great family photo!

Jamie, yes, we finished the metal roof last week, now working on a shingle roof.

Bernie, sounds like you have a great bunch of neighbors.

PJ, how are you feeling?

Hola to the rest of the gang!

Lots to do today, as the weather guessers are saying we could get rain tomorrow.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/11 06:12:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
De Nada, Pablo.
Happy to report that the maze bowl has slowed Sophie down considerably, and Joey eats his food in peace. I love to watch both of them wrestling around in the yard, and when Joey finally gets tired of Sophie leaping and chewing his ears, he'll take off running full tilt in circles around the back yard, I believe just to wear her out.

Nice day on tap, hope to spend most of it outside pulling weeds and/or planting. Maybe make another pass at the tall ditch grass as we haven't had any recent downpours, and rain is predicted for tomorrow night and Thursday. And Thursday is Joey's appointment at the vet for neutering. I hope he'll forgive us, but I think in the long run it is absolutely the right thing to do.

PJ, hope you're feeling better!
Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/11 06:32:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Joey well for sure forgive you and be better off. That pic of him laying on Chris and just looking like he feels so loved and content is priceless. Sophie just looks like she is having fun all the time and doesn't even know what it is not to have such a good home. Definitely brings a tear to my eye.

Badger - you sure did good. You and Babs and the animal control lady and C&C all rock.

That is a lot of mowing MB!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/11 08:16:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Got a chance to sleep in just a wee bit until 7 AM. Felt good. We will have a cloudy day today with maybe a little rain shower. Current temp is 75F at 7:49 with a high around 80 degrees.

Didn't do much yesterday. Had lunch at Fibber's. Returned home and did a load of laundry. After the clean clothes were hung up or placed in chest of drawers, I decided a nap was in order. Woke up an hour later at 3 o'clock and fixed Freddie's dinner. At 4 it was cocktail hour. Got a call around 6 and by 7 I was hungry. Didn't feel like fixing anything that could be classified as cooking so grabbed a Kahika Sesame Noodles frozen meal : noodles in sesame sauce with sugar snap peas, carrots, water chestnuts, green onions and toasted sesame seeds. It's fairy low in fat and sugar but as in most prepared foods it's high in sodium ( 670mg ). Anyway, that was my day.

Today I will shoot for a beach walk although t-storms possible in a couple of hours as a front pushes through our coast. I'll check the BeBe forecast after breakfast : look up in the sky to see if storms are moving in from offshore.

Crunch, yes Sunday evening involved some munchies : bag of Smart Food popcorn gone and a bag of Tostitos with a bowl of Pace Picante sauce also gone. Not too bad split between the 3 of us.

Cindy, cute pictures of dogs on top of Chris. Did he every get his nap ?

Hi Jamie, Hi Twirls, Hi MB, Hi Badger.

Been lazy this morning.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/06/11 08:36:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with a chill in the air.  
Feeling better.  Still coughing and snottin.  Just wears me out.  
Last night was the first full night's sleep since the cold started.  Taking that as a good sign.  
Thankfully has not gone into respiratory infection as the past colds have done.
Going to have to get dressed.  Go out and about today.  Need groceries and supplies.  

Page: << < ..971972973974975 > Showing page 972 of 975
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5