AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..966967968969970.. > >> Showing page 966 of 1059
Author
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 18:54:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
awe, buddies for life.  Made my day! 
Crunch, yikes, saw your photo on FB!  That was close.  So glad you're ok.
All I got.  Good evening to all!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 19:08:30 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Quick check in.  72 and sunny.  Spent the better part of the day checking more lighting/flooring/vanity tops and returning sample to stores and the contractor swung by when I was out and about.  He loved the final outcome of deck.   

Cindy, great pics of them tussling around.  Sophie looked so tiny compared to Joey and then when you think she would retreat she brings it on again.  Made me laugh.  They will be great together.

Badger, the get out of jail pics with Babs says it all.

Thanks for the chat Twirls.

Jamie, glad you got the first eye surgery scheduled.  Any possibility that a neighbor or friend could help out with the other eye appointments?  Hope you get all that internet stuff figured out soon.  You have much more patience than me.

Crunchie, stay safe.  These spring storms just keep ravishing the same areas over and over.   Heartbreaking for folks.

Bernie, I enjoy the projects as I am doing them for me and not resale.  I can always rent long term over the winter months.  Freddie cracks me up and your weather sounds great, but then again I enjoy the heat and sun.

PJ, sounds great to sit on one of your many deck enjoying the wildlife over a cup of coffee.  Your home and property look so beautiful.

Have a happy and safe evening all.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 20:29:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Sophie and Joey look like they are really enjoying their new life together!  I'm so happy for all 4 of you!
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 04:47:46 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Thirstday.

Thanks again for the pix, hope we get to see Joey "live" during Boat Drinx tomorrow.

Twirls, maybe it's time for you to have a garage sale with all of that stuff and make some $$ for the new wheels?

Crunch, glad you are Ok, do you guys have a tornado shelter?

MB, good news on the tooth. Babs and I both need more work done, but not sure when we will be able to get back to Mexico.

I know that we have some miserable weather up here in the winter, but we have now moved into a stretch of perfect weather, highs in the 70s and low 80s, with low humidity. Hopefully we will have another summer where we never have to use AC in the house.

Hi to the rest of you!

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 06:19:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Chris insisted last night on letting Sophie upstairs with us for the night. I was not enthusiastic about that idea...and of course she had an "accident". Not what I wanted to deal with first thing. Back to the kennel tonight! 

Today is vet check up day. Have the poo samples all ready to go. Blue bag for Joey, pink for Sophie. Will need to spend some time brushing them, especially Joey.

We are back to 70s here, too, but still way too much rain in the forecast. Pretty sure our farming neighbors are getting frantic. Nothing has been planted yet. Even high ground is too soggy. (So besides pork going up to steak prices, expect ALL food prices to go up!)

Twirls, I agree with Paul on garage sale. You might not make all that much $, but you will be meeting more neighbors and other people.
I still have nothing planted or potted. Hopefully this afternoon I can get at some of that. Really jealous of those of you who have your stuff done.

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 06:30:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Sun is not fully out this AM. Hiding behind a few clouds but not for long and we will have a very sunny day along the coast. Current temp 79F at 6:53 with a high of 90 degrees.

Yesterday was breakfast at Home Foods on Main Street in Shallotte. Both Nell's and The Dog House are closed on Wednesdays. After eating I headed over to Lowe's Foods to get staples and the sale items. I didn't bother with the beach and opted to walk the neighborhood starting at 7 PM. It was still hot but not anywhere near the mid 90's of earlier in the day.

Today I might try for a beach walk after eating at Nell's.

Jamie, that AT&T internet line has given to problems off and on for a long time, si ? Maybe Cox will be a better choice. I just went back to your post from yesterday and saw your reminder to get the trash out today. Thanks, kiddo.

Cindy, " dog wrestling mania " They probably went on for some time. Cute.

Holly, I really like it when your post starts with "no rants today".

Crunch, I do meet a lot of nice folks on the beach. It's probably because they are enjoying the sun,sand and water. I'm glad those folks spotted that I was 'panting' and needed that water. BTY, I bought some of those little 7 oz. water bottles at the store yesterday. They are perfect to carry on one's hand or in one of the big pockets in my cargo shorts.

MB, heat and sun ! Nothing wrong with that at all.

Badger, it's about time some nice weather rolled in for you guys up there. Enjoy it.

I'm done with the coffee a little earlier than normal as I couldn't sleep in and just got up and got moving.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 06:32:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oops, Cindy, we crossed. Have fun at the vet with two dogs !

Weekend at Bernie's
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 06:38:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Nice weather Badger!

Pooh on the morning surprise Cindy. Love the pictures of dog wrestling and hope that rain stops.

Transportation is such a difficult issue Jamie. I know my dad wrestles with that for all his appointments. He won't do Uber or any of that so depends on friends. My mom's cousins are being incredible about it.

We were so lucky. My neighbor flagged me down as I was coming home and showed me a picture of a tornado in our back yard. No damage at all. However the neighbor had a broken window, another had a downed fence, and another right across from us had the garage doors trashed. I know there was more damage elsewhere in the neighborhood. Cam't explain it, but boy are we grateful since the dogs were fine in the house and not harmed especially.

Going to the oral surgeon today for a consult. My implant from 12 years ago is failing which is pretty rare. My dentist told me right before we left for vacation, but you know my priority was vacation. Now to get the bad news. Can't complain though since we dodged a bullet yesterday.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 06:41:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bebe - on vacation I walked every morning for about 3km because it is the best pain relief for my butt and I didn't want to take drugs. I had to take a full bottle of water even at 7 am. I would come back a hot sweaty mess.  My wonderful husband always had breakfast ready after I spent a few minutes cooling in the AC. You might want a larger bottle!

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 07:23:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch---Glad you survived.  What town do you live in?  Lot of pics on the internet of tornado damage.

Do you have a photo of the tornado approaching your backyard that you could post?  Thanks in advance!
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/05/30 11:28:43
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 08:47:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
Crunch, I watched TWC for hours yesterday about the storms in your hood!  So glad you had no damage and the dogs are fine.
Storms went just south of us leaving us with cooler temps today and the promise of 3 dry days.  Then rain for the next 5!

Bernie, I like it when my posts start with NO RANTS also!
Chris is still on his best behavior.

Got my HHR back yesterday.  The dealer sent a driver for me.  He was a nice guy about my age and we were talking about concerts we had seen.  He asked if I liked to dance.  I said yes but that my husband hadn't danced and he had passed so I had no dance partner.  A bit more chatting and then he asked if I had a boyfriend!  I said no, that I hadn't really tried.  I asked if he was single and he replied NO!  WHAT???  AS Cher said...  The good ones are married, The divorced ones are broke and the rest want to do your hair! LOL.

I dreamed all night about that condo...
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 10:33:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Gray sky and rain here.  We needed the rain.  Bit of a cool down came with the rain. High temp of only 80F for today.
After a marathon of ironing, chores and making dinner yesterday... I was pooped out.
Went to bed at 9:30 and slept until nearly 9:00 this morning.
Best sleep I've had since returning from Mexico.  
SJ left for the airport in Nashville around 7:00 a.m.  Barely remember him saying goodbye. 
Plan to invade the man cave and give it a good cleaning while he is gone.  Work on flowers for the porch area.  

C&C,  nice chatting with both of you last evening.  Loved seeing the new family members.  A couple of cuties!
I'll try to get my video chat skills improved before next time.  LOL    

Crunch,  Incredible photo of the tornado just beyond your back fence.  Sure glad your home and doggies
are ok. 

MB,  Wish the driveway side of my house looked as good as the porch and deck areas. 
We have been trying for a couple of years to get someone to finish the rocks on that side of the house.
Right now it is just exposed cinder blocks.  There are 4 skids of rocks we have already purchased for the job sitting in the drive. 
House has no curb appeal.  Really bugs me. 

Bernie,  enjoy your breakfast and beach walk.  Sounds wonderful!

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 12:35:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
You are always working PJ!

PJ or MB could you grab my pic off FB and post it here. I want Frank to see and I still haven't learned how I am ashamed to say.

Twirley - maybe he has a friend he was thinking might be good.......
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 12:51:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
From Crunch's FB

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 14:19:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks Crunch and PJ.  Did it turn into a full blown tornado?  Any idea how far away from your house it is?
Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7518
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 15:15:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Afternoon all.

We are heading back to Florida following my mother's wake and funeral. She really had a good full life. Almost 94!

Chris cindy badger and babs, thank you for helping Joey. I agree, Joe is an awful name for a dog. Sophie is a great name. I would have chosen beavis and butthead, but you know me. Wishing you lots of years of puppy love.

Twirls..I thought you had two sections of house, both completely livable? For both of your sanity, couldn't he go to his side of the house?

I am not going to complain about the heat when I get home! Got lots of cold drizzle in Massachusetts.

Crunch..yowsa!

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7518
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 15:27:49 (permalink)
Duplicate. I thought it didn't post!

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/30 18:29:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Dear Joe, so very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I do remember you posting a few weeks ago that her health and quality of life had declined quite a bit. She is at peace now and young again.

C&C, cute doggie pics, what a pair! Hope their vet visits go well. How is your cold, Cindy? Bet those doggies are keeping you so busy you forgot
about it.

Twirls, I third or fourth the garage sale idea.

MB, glad to hear about your tooth, sounds like you are busy making a lot of improvements, especially with the patio area.

Cox install went well, tech was very professional so I now have good phone and internet service and will keep the cell as a backup. Not sure why AT&T went downhill, lived here 10 years and had first DSL then U-Verse (VOIP) and problems only started six months ago, nothing changed on my end. Always been a big fan of AT&T both in my personal life and when I was working (ordered a LOT of high speed circuits through them and had our own account team) but they have sure gone downhill the last six months.

crunch, that photo is scary as heck, glad to hear you are both safe and PJ thank you for posting the FB picture. Hope SJ's trip is successful and have a great time visiting Gulf Coast.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/31 05:12:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
Don't know why I'm up at this hour but I am.   My back was hurting so I was rolling around.  Finally took an ibuprofen and rolled around some more.  If I lay there too long, I start thinking about things that I really don't want to think about.  I looked at my clock at 4.  Finally got up at 4:30.

Joe, I sorry about your Mom.  I knew it was coming but I didn't know she had passed.  I hope all went well and there will be peace among your family.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/31 05:26:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
TwirleyB

The good ones are married, The divorced ones are broke and the rest want to do your hair! LOL.

Good Morning Twirls, it's Friday.

Bosco, sincere condolences and hugs from Babs and I.

Frank, I'm no expert, but that sure looks like a tornado to me.

Nice warm day at work yesterday, but when I left I was wearing a t-shirt and as I got closer to town and Lake Superior there was a brisk wind off of the lake and temp was only in the 50s.

Really looking forward to Boat Drinx tonight and hearing how the doggies are doing.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/31 06:14:37 (permalink)
Good Morning
Internet has been going out frequently (4 times yesterday, already twice this am) It is becoming very annoying. Lost an post yesterday.
Vet visit went well, Dr. Greg said he wanted to steal Joey. Joey promptly washed his face. Greg said, "and that's why we do this job." They put in a call to the Ashland vet, who replied they couldn't send records until they verified Joey was surrendered. (infer: not stolen.) Paul, I do hope Kelly is back now!  Somebody would be in for a fight if they want Joey back! He is so patient with the devil child. This morning he was going down the deck steps and Sophie did a flying leap onto his back.

Bosco, we are so very sorry. Hugs.
I am jealous of you MB. We are so wet here I have not gotten anything planted or potted. And of course, the grass is going crazy, too. No fields are planted here either. Neighboring farmers must be biting their nails. So, besides pork going up to steak prices, expect all food prices to go up. So much farmland under water (literally) in the bread basket belt.

Gonna post before the internet goes out again! Sure hope it holds for boat drinx tonight!
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/31 06:16:26 (permalink)
double post, sorry
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/05/31 06:36:13

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/31 06:38:52 (permalink)
Twice as good Cindy!  That is great about Joey and he will have a soothing effect on the devil child lol.

Bosco - Tomas and I extend our condolences also. Even when it is time we know it is still hard.

Twirley - same for my butt today. Must be baromentric pressure or some weird thing.

Frank - it was an EF 0 and about .5 miles away. Lots of fences down etc. in my area, but the bigger ones hit east. In all there were 18 of them. Confirmed tornadoes. 3 were in our immediate area. How are you doing?

PJ - thanks for posting that. Appreciate you.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/31 06:56:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/31 06:56:45 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Nice sunny skies this AM and it will remain that way until this evening when there is a chance of thunderstorms. We really need the rain. Current temp 77F at 7:14 with a high of 89 degrees.

Yesterday I got my usual order of over medium eggs and toast for breakfast at Nell's. I use the toast for "dunking" in the yokes. Are you a dunker ? After breakfast I did a 1 hour walk in very windy conditions. You will see from my pictures that the ocean was angry.

Today I plan to do a Costco run, so no walk this AM but evening will be fine unless t-storms hit my area.

Joe, bless your Mom's soul. I pray that you and Connie will be OK during this hard time. Hugs, dude !
Safe trip home.

Crunch, 3K is a pretty good walk. I think my beach walks are around 2 miles; maybe one day I'll clock it with my truck odometer up on the beach road. That tornado looks scary !  How did the tooth exam go ?

Jamie, glad your Cox install went well and you are up and running. Is Cox cheaper than your old AT&T ?

Badger, I'm surprise you don't start your work day with a light sweatshirt and shed it when the day warms up. Assuming Babs doesn't dress you for work. Hee,hee.

Coffee time over.
See y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..966967968969970.. > >> Showing page 966 of 1059
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5