AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..961962963964965.. > >> Showing page 965 of 1059
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/27 20:35:39 (permalink)
+3 (3)
two new friends, Joey and Sophie

Sophie is pretty much being a butt

Joey is very tolerant and nice to her

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/28 05:23:06 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's TwoDogsDay.

Thank you so much for the photos, hope to see many more and can't wait to hear about how Joey is doing! Babs and I both got a tear in our eyes after leaving him yesterday, but we know he will be so happy with you guys!
PJ, you were right about him smiling, we took him from the kennel around 9 and we weren't 2 miles down the road before he tried to crawl up onto Babs' lap. I stopped the car and Babs moved to the back seat where she could pet him and talk to him and within no time he had a big smile on his face. The one Golden that I have known who he most resembles with his sweet, gentle demeanor was Twirls lovely Bonnie. We stopped at a wayside to take him for a walk and someone else was walking their dog, but Joey didn't care about the other dog but wanted to go see other people who were there. Only bad thing yesterday was by the time we met up with C&C a steady rain was falling, so I didn't get any photos.
Here are a couple of Babs taking him from the kennel.

Having trouble loading photos, will try again after work.

post edited by Badger - 2019/05/29 05:09:07

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/28 06:16:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
Grueling drive home in the pouring rain and holiday traffic leaving Minocqua. Didn't make it home until after 7:30 pm. Sophie thinks Joey's tail is a chew/pull toy. By the way, Paul, I did watch license plates. Saw 4 definite Illinois, 3 maybe, 2 Minnesota, 1 NY. All the rest were Wi. And OMG, there were a lot of them!

Paul and Babs told me Joey had a "picky eater" sign on the kennel at doggie jail. Babs said she gave him some canned food. All I had gotten at home was dry. I put the bowl down and he sniffed it then gave me a sad look. I put a handful in my hand to hold it closer to his nose, and he ate out of my hand. Same this morning. Now have to figure out how to get him to eat out of the bowl. Wondering how previous owner fed him? He did gobble it up out of my hand.

Have a dentist appointment this morning, so not a lot of time. Once I get back home, will make a call to the vet's office to see if I can bring Joey along to Sophie's appointment on Thursday and leave him for surgery (neutering) and a complete check up.

Need to get moving, get ready for dentist.
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/28 06:46:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Tuesday

Cindy...Maybe you could find a bowl that resembles a cupped hand

Probably not the best day to do it, but I have to take my garbage to the dump. Gonna try and do it early. Supposed to be 90 today but no rain or storms.

Still potting flowers. Hope I can get it done before the first frost

Nothing else here.

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/28 07:07:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Another beautiful and warm day in store for the coast today. Current temp is 74F at 6:56 with a beach high of 92 degrees. 

Yesterday I stayed out of the heat and got the laundry done plus paid a few bills. Even had a little nap with Freddie in the easy chair. Avoided the crowds on the beach; walked around the neighborhood starting at 7 PM. Was still hot and humid but made it for 45 minutes. Had to change my t-shirt when I got home. Ugh.

Today I plan to grab breakfast at Nell's and try for a stroll on the beach. Might drive over to the pet store in Shallotte to find another cat brush for Freddie. The handle broke on the previous one so time to replace it.

Holly, sounds like you need to find yourself a different "Chris". 

MB,  I just hate messing with a long string of lights that has a problem. How many "strings" are attached together ? You might have to take them all down and try plugging in each string one at a time to see which one is causing the 'flicker'. I would do that inside the house where it's cooler. Does one of those sets have a clear bulb with a red tip on it ? If yes, remove that bulb and replace with it a different bulb with no red tip.

Badger, good that you and Babs were able to meet Chris and Cindy so quickly. You two did a very nice thing
to help a doggy that needed a love of love in his life.

Thanks you for the pictures, Cindy.  Joey looks like he has already adapted to his new home.

Hi BeachBilly.  Happy potting to you !

Time to get ready for the day.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/28 09:46:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
I loved the doggie pics.  Sophie's butt cracked me up!  I'm so happy that Joey has a good home.  Cindy, I bet the previous owner made Joey's meal time uncomfortable.  He probably griped and complained about having to feed him making poor Joey uncomfortable and ashamed.  He seems so sweet!

Chris is very good to me but can also be very irritating.  It seems to be mostly when he's had too much beer!  He gets loud and seems to forget that anyone else is in the room.  Once again during the news and ANTIQUES ROADSHOW he was giving his loud commentary regarding whatever item was being shown.  I'd had ENOUGH and told him to SHUT UP!  Then he pouts!

I tried a new malt beverage yesterday and 2 swallows of the stuff tasted like quinine and turned my stomach inside out!  I was sick and unable to eat the nice dinner that Chris prepared.  Between my stomach and Chris's bithching at the TV, I didn't have a good night's sleep.   

This morning I decided to take my frustrations out on Samsung!  I've been waiting almost 3 months for a repairman to service a refrigerator. I cant' get any service companies to work on a Samsung refrigerator and I've called Samsung 3 times in the past!  Today I joined a class action lawsuit and a couple of other groups regarding the same.  Again Samsung has  promised me that a technician will come Friday.  Its the same problem I've had in the past.  Its been "fixed" 3 times.  Apparently there are many other people with the same issues.

ENOUGH of my ranting!

Please post more pictures of the adventures of Joey and Sophie!  I need a pleasant distraction!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/28 10:31:28 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky mixed with big puffy white clouds sailing by.  Temps in low 90s.  
SJ is back to work this morning.  He certainly enjoyed the long weekend and beautiful weather. 
Very short work week at the TV station for him.  Leaves Thursday morning for Chicago.
Where he will be working at the drag races.  Plus visit with his mom and family. 

Badger, Babs, Chris and Cindy,  glad the rescue meet up with Joey went well.
So happy for Sophie and Joey.  Their lives have certainly changed for the better. 

Everyone have a wonderful day!

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/28 12:28:55 (permalink)
+2 (2)
That picture of Sophie and Joey is hilarious. Hope the feeding sorts itself out.

BB - did you have a good weekend with the parents?

Happy beach walking BB. Hope it is quieter.

That is crazy Twirley. Samsung should be sued!  As for Chris....I think it is harder to tolerate those things in a roommate versus a husband.

Nice for SJ to get to see the family PJ. Will you miss him or enjoy and go party in town LOL?

I am back at work today, fatter, but not wiser ha ha!  No ticker.............sob.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/28 18:58:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Another busy day. 66 and partly cloudy but so nice to have a sunnier day.  2" of rain yesterday.  Appointment at Endodontist at noon to recheck a back molar that he did a root canal and root extraction last summer.  He was super pumped about the stability and healthiness of that tooth.  I'm so relieved as I didn't want to have that tooth extracted as the Periodontist had recommended.  Then on to a stone showroom nearby to check out some options for a new vanity top.  Had enough and headed back home to catch up on a few things around here and some bills.

Cindy and Badger, kinda of a nasty drive with the rain and holiday traffic but the outcome was amazing for Joey.  I'm sure those sad eyes will brighten up soon and Sophie will warm his spirits.  Loved the pics.

Badger, heartwarming story about Babs and Joey in vehicle.

Twirls, take a deep breath on Chris.  Hope you are feeling better.  Poop on Samsung.

Crunchie, it was good you had a couple of days to regroup before work again.  

Bernie, "My Pillow" made in MN.  Recently on the news that the owner, Mike Lindell, would be laying off a considerable amount of employees.  Sad to hear.  But good to hear you are back to your daily exercise routine.  Enjoy that beautiful weather.  Oh....on the lights.  It is a single 19.5 strand of firefly LED lights.  You can choose the steady light or flicker motion and it is on it's own timer for 8 hours.  Somehow I changed it to flicker firefly inadvertently and need to figure out the timer function.  As you know with the Dyson instruction....ha, ha it's all interpretive these days.

Bob, you have a busy week coming up as usual.  

PJ, I still need to do some more potted plants on the deck.  Definitely needs some more color.  Will post some pics when it's more to my liking. Will keep chipping away in the meantime.  

Hola Frank, Susy, SNF, GMADeb (miss you bunches and think about you often), Jamie, Mapes, Bosco and so many others.  Wish you would check in more often.  Hugs, MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 05:32:27 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Hump Day.

Not much time today, but here are a couple of photos of Joey leaving the kennel, he was so happy to leave that place.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 05:56:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Good Morning
Nice chatting with you briefly yesterday, Paul. 
Joey has apparently never had experience with stairs. Took a very long time yesterday to coax him down in the morning. Today wasn't much better; Chris had to get up and help again. I asked Paul if Joey came from a one story? He said yes, like a trailer house! Big dog like Joey in a small house. I think he is very happy in his new home. He has now "corrected" Sophie a couple of times that his tail is not a pull toy, and they've begun to play a little with the actual pull-rope. Rather one sided, given the size difference, but little Sophie is determined.

Everything here is soggy and saturated. Another gray day with more rain tonight. Gardens are a complete mess, but I really can't do anything about it.
Today I have a chiro appt, and then an appt with the podiatrist. Will have to get them thoroughly exercised before I leave for several hours. Over the coming weekend, hope to begin training Joey to the invisible fence. Sophie has to wait until she is 6 months old. Will make things a lot easier when both are trained.

Have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 06:32:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Joey and Sophie have really won the lottery. Good thing you guys (C&C and B&B) have such good hearts.

Survived the 1st day back at work. Lots of it piled up LOL!

Great news on that tooth MB!

Storms coming in this afternoon. We are in the area of enhanced risk. Poor Tuco. Poor guy gets so fearful.

Onward...................................have a great day all.
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 07:45:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
HAPPY DOGS!  Not happy to see the storms coming either, Crunch.  Midas doesn't like stormy weather either. Sits by me and shakes. Lots of pets and reassurance is my job 1.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 07:47:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

I feel a broken record but it is another great bright sunny morning along the coast....and hot ! Wilmington is about 45 miles to the North and they are expecting a record 100 degrees today. Whew !  Little bit cooler on the coast down here with a high of 94 degrees. Currently it is 76F at 7:30

Yesterday I had breakfast at Nell's and then got to the beach at 10:45 for my walk. It was not too crowded and I start walking at the peak of low tide; plenty of nice wide beach for fishermen and folks walking their dogs. I was right at 55 minutes when I realized I was passing my spot where I park the truck. There were 4 people under two umbrellas where I paused and said out loud  "whew, it's getting hot out here...I almost missed my exit ". Two of them answered in unison "do you need a water?" I respond that I was going to bring my water and left it on the kitchen counter. One of the gals wouldn't take no for an answer and pulled an ice cold water bottle and put it into my hand. Oh that felt so good !  I stopped for a few minutes to chat with the group. They had driven to the beach from Raleigh for the long weekend and decided to stay a few extra days. I must have thanked them a dozen times for their kindness by the time 1/2 the bottle was gone.
Nice folks.

The a/c in the car felt pretty darn good as I left the island. Decide to drive to the Pet Sense store for another cat hair brush and a tube of Laxatone. Freddie licks it right from the tube as I squeeze it out. What a funny cat. She seems to like the hair bush but wanted to play with it and to bite on it. Got out a couple of big clumps of hair before she decided it wan't fun any longer.

Today is sale day at the stores so I plan to grocery shop after breakfast. I think I'll pass on the beach today and will wait until it is shady in the neighborhood this evening.

Crunch, you confused me for a few seconds with responding to two "BB's" in the same post. hee,hee
I don't mind if you refer to me as 'BeBe' like SoSo does.

Well Holly, I guess you are doomed to keep telling Chris to 'shut up'. I think you like it.

MB, interesting string of lights you got there. I guess you will have to do some investigation on the "twinkle" switch. I didn't hear that news about Mike Lindell of My Pillow. He does a ton of advertising on the TV. Good news on your tooth.

Thanks for those pictures of Joey, Badger. He does look excited to be 'breaking out of jail'. He's so excited that he can't stop from licking his nose ! Ha.

Cindy, two dogs is twice the fun, si ?  Good luck.

Crunch, doesn't it feel strange to be back at work after a vacation ? Almost alien, right ?

Coffee time over. Need to look at the grocery adds for sales today.
See everyone later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 07:49:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
oops, ya snuck in on me, Pam. Howdy !

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 07:50:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Where did they all go ?

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 07:51:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Nice wide beach to the North !

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 07:53:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Nice calm ocean and not much wind.

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 08:29:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

No rants today.  Chris is on super good behavior! Samsung promised me a repairman Friday!  However I'm saving for a new fridge because I've read what happens next on the complaints list!   PT went well.  Nothing I can do about the cost of the HHR repair but it means I can't buy new fancy wheels for the Camaro.  Oh well...priorities!

Its sunny this morning but  severe storms moving in around noon. I have to pick up the HHR before noon as large hail is expected.

I finally got the banana trees separated and repotted.  i think I'm done.  Chris will plant the crepe myrtles when the ground is dry enough.  My plants are all growing like crazy.  The cannas and elephant ears love all the water.  The Dahlias and lillies are starting to bloom.  The annuals are full of color.   We have 1 tomato, that was a baby on the plant when I bought it, that is starting to ripen!  Lots of baby Early Girls and a couple of others on the Black Prince and Steak sandwich tomato plants.  The back corner under the bird feeding station is full of sunflowers that are at least 3' tall.   I'm enjoying my yard.  
Holly's pool resort is open for company!  The water is already warm enough to be comfortable.

Yesterday I managed to rearrange my closet and put away the winter shoes and boots in their boxes and get all the summer footwear on the easy to reach shelves.  I've started keeping them in the clear plastic shoe boxes so I can see what I have and they don't get dusty.  I'm just about done with cleaning out the junk collection in Jay's old room and organizing it into an office.  During the house addition, everything that wasn't needed went in there!  I now have a large haul to the local donation pace to do.  I have a ton of empty plastic bins now.  
Next up is a reorganization of the garage and the shed.  I intend to get rid of a bunch more stuff.  

Anxiously waiting for more Sophie and Joey pics!  SoSo must be too in love to post her puppy pics yet!

MB, glad you are happy with your patio and other improvements.

PJ, sounds like your place is peaceful.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 09:11:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with a very nice breeze.  High temp in the 90s again today.
Nothing much of interest on my agenda.  Wishing all of you a nice day.    

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 12:46:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Where are the pics Soso?  Twirley and I are waiting!

Bebe - don't you just love it when you meet nice people? It is just getting tooo hot for day walking unless you are up early. We have switched our weekend dog walks to early now. Otherwise it is just miserable.

Pamela - I wish Tuco could be soothed like Midas, but he paces around and around the house even with the thundershirt on.

Hot in Kenrucky already PJ.

Your yard sounds gorgeous Twirley.
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 16:17:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
So happy to read about Joey, sounds like both he and Sophie are settling in nicely, don't you just love a happy ending?

Paul I swear that dog looks happy leaving the kennel, so nice of you to find him a good home. What a sad back story.

Glad to hear you got your pool opened Holly, know how much you enjoy it. Good news about getting stuff cleared and cleaned up.

Bernie, thought Thursday was your usual shopping day? Don't forget trash tomorrrow

Cindy, hope your Dr. appts went well.

Visited the opthalmologist yesterday, yes I have cataracts, left eye will be done toward the end of June, have a preop visit next Wednesday. Dr wanted to do both eyes a few weeks apart, but transportation is an issue (my insurance company only provides 11 roundtrip visits per year and I have used 5 so far) so right eye will have to wait until next year. Buying extra rides is not an option and my sister works.
Getting a new voice line installed tomorrow, install today failed because if the tech unplugs the jack it will take down my AT&T internet, so I called Cox and asked them to add Internet to my order.

Hope those of you in rainy areas stay safe and sound.

crunch glad you got right back into the work groove.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 17:20:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
dogs wrestling

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 17:30:13 (permalink)
Thank you, thank you, thank you! My heart is singing right now!
Our friend found out that his elderly female owner actually passed away over a year ago, so he has probably been miserable for all this time until now. How wonderful to see him & Sophie playing together so well. We are already counting the days until Labor Day when we'll get to see them again.

Wag more....bark less.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/29 17:55:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch---You OK?  Rumor has it a big T came to visit your area.  What town do you live in? Let us know.
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/05/29 21:04:17
Page: << < ..961962963964965.. > >> Showing page 965 of 1059
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5