AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..961962963964965.. > >> Showing page 963 of 1058
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 07:54:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
My neighbor Chet

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 07:56:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Wild-hair Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 07:57:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The Lillie Mae docked at Fishy Fishy Southport NC

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 09:00:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning
Yesterday was a no rain or storm day!  Looks like we'll have most of the day with Sun but later tonight...LOOKOUT AGAIN.

Cindy, hope that it moves quickly through your area with no damage.  How's the Sweet Sophie girl?

Badger, no rest for the wicked!   BTW, THERE IS A SUMP PUMP IN THERE!  Apparently it came in so fast it couldn't keep up??  And it hadn't rained since the night before so I assume the water table came up?  It wasn't coming in the walls so?  It dried up over night.  Chris is going to DRYLOCK it later.  

Bernie, glad you had a fun boating day.

Pool is looking good but COLD.  

I was dreaming about working in an Italian restaurant and I had a very cute Italian supervisor.  The cute supervisor part quickly faded and all I wanted was the FOOD!  LOL.  THAT'S ME!  I woke up with plans to take myself to Nicolas restaurant for their scrumptious, best I've ever had, escargot later today but now I see its going to rain and the only car I have right now is the Camaro, which I don't drive in bad weather.  The HHR is still being diagnosed.  And we planned to BBQ a chicken today.  Unfortunately Nicolas doesn't open for lunch.

I got to daydreaming about that condo at Playa Sol last evening.  I talked with Ann again about it and if she can get her current business situation figured out soon, we'll go take a serious look.  Although it's small, the location and pool make it pretty perfect.

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 10:19:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Sunny and beautiful here.  With a high temp of 89F.
Check up at the lung doc went well.  New chest x-ray looked good.
When checking out at the front desk.  The sweet young woman behind the deck received a phone call.
She broke down crying.  Her daddy had passed away at home.  We had chatted before on my other visits.  
Knew her daddy lived near me.  No one else was around to comfort her.  So you know me. The mama came out.
I went behind the desk hugged her and comforted her.  Until other staff appeared.
Long story short.  Offered to drive her since it was on my way home.  But she felt she needed her car.  Which she did. 
But really in no shape to drive an hour to the river.  Staff members offered to bring the car to her.     
But she didn't want to inconvenience anyone.  Finally, we agreed that I would follow her. 
Make sure she made it to her daddy's house ok.  She did fine.   When we arrived she gave me a big hug. 
Told me maybe we were meant to be friends.  I gave her my phone number and told her to call me if she needs anything. 
Then called the doc's office and told them she made it just fine.  The neighbors were there to help her.
Someone from her church was on the way.  Apparently, he was all the immediate family this young woman had left.   
Lost her mom and brother last year. 
Hug the ones you love.     

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/05/24 18:16:20

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 14:37:23 (permalink)
Last day of snorkeling today. We are now at the Melia (Mental note, I'm never moving mid trip again as so much of yesterday was used up just changing hotels). Anyways, it is windy south, with a good current north, and the water is sandy, so it wasn't the best, but we managed. We did find this Porkfish:

And we found Captain Crab. The shell is about the size of a Hardhat:

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 16:19:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ...You are a good woman!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 16:37:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh PJ, how sad.  You are a very comforting person and I'm glad you were there for her.

SOSO, anxiously awaiting puppy pics.  You too, Cindy and Chris.

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 19:28:58 (permalink)
I love the name Sophie. Perfect!
nice job Bobski. Having had several of your hugs I can testify that they are always gentlemanly. I probably manhandled you!
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29470
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 19:32:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ. You are my hero. Seriously. I admire you greatly.
BB - great pics.

Soso - what a great homecoming.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/24 19:52:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Mostly light rain and cloudy until about an hour ago.  Sun broke through and hit 70.  Yippee.  Spent a few hours at a huge lighting showroom picking out lighting for two out of the three levels of this house and then stopped by a tile store for the upstairs bath.  Thinking I will keep the original 48" cabinet, which is in great condition, order a new stone top, new plank style floor, new mirror and lighting.  Need a break from the last couple days of shopping around for new stuff.   No rush on all of this just things I've wanted to do for quite some time.  Probably have a contractor I know stop by some when able and discuss my wish list of items.

Holly, your pool area sure looks pretty.  New chair looks super comfy.

Badger, good thing you have a bunch of inside jobs lined up.  "Heard" from a neighbor today that we can expect more of the same here all summer.  Cooler temps and rain every couple of days.  Hope not.  

Jamie, was thinking of you and new phone.  They can be tricky initially.  Nice if your neighbor can lend some assistance.

Bernie, fun day on the water with Chet.  Thanks for the pics.  Good job on removing the palm and replanting.  Fingers crossed that new Crepe Myrtle thrives.

Cindy, look forward to more puppy pics.  You too SoSo.

Bosco, sure looks beautiful in your hood and ocean pics as well.  Nice.

PJ, great news on the doctor appointment.  

Crunchie, are you guys back?  If so, welcome home.

Bobski, carry one.  You are right about the moves infringing on your time.  Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Hi to all I've missed.  Sama, MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 06:13:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Had a fun chat with P&B last night. Got to introduce Sophie via skype. Have something in the works that may result in a big brother for Sophie.

PJ, I know you have a big warm heart. Bless you! Know that young woman will always remember your kindness.

MB, so are you doing all these improvements to sell and downsize? 

Have a bit of a tummy ache this morning, so going to cut this short. 
Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2547
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 07:01:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenos dias.....y lo siento. I'm still here, and still playing catch up these past weeks. And I see everyone else is busy too.

Congratulations to Sophie and Zoey on your choice in people.

Great job on the landscaping project, Bernie. And hooray for a sail on the Lillie Mae! Thanks for the picks of the Akumal crew; sure miss those peeps!

It's been so wet here, that I can't get the outside jobs done or keep up with mowing my yard. Night before last, we had a major blow come through (remnants of your mid-west storms?), with 50+ mph  wind gusts, cats and dogs falling, and a wicked light/sound show.
Glad you didn't have to move to your shelter, Twirls. Prayers have been sent to Jeffersonville and all those affected by those storms. Hola to Ann...Playa Sol? Pool looks soooo inviting!

You've a big, golden heart, PJ! It was comforting having you there after such a devestating call, I'm sure. I think I'd rather be told face to face, by a friend, pastor,...even the police, but not via a phone call, or text message, etc.

"Having had several of your hugs I can testify that they are always gentlemanly. I probably manhandled you!"
Hero status right there, Bob! And jealous of your fishie friends on Coz. , including K & T. Been trying to convince Sweetie that we should re-visit Coz for Fiesta de la Santa Cruz de Sabán.
[link=https://www.thecozumelsun.com/cozumel-attractions/el-cedral-festival-of-santa-cruz-de-saban/]https://www.thecozumelsun...f-santa-cruz-de-saban/[/link]
We've been to Cedral twice, but have always missed the festivities in San Miguel.
Nice souvenier! A PoMo coffee cup, pictures and memories this year; not even a new bobblehead or frig magnet!!

I have a "smart phone" and am not smart enough, apparently, to use all of it's capapbilities, Jamie. Address and phone lists, calendar, calculator, flashlight, camera and photo storage, notepad, messaging,....I guess all the important stuff....to me anyway! The phone can do so much more, but I just don't need or bother with it.

For those not on FB....
Canned some fiddleheads two weeks ago...should be ready to sample now.

Put this together in late April...LOTS of parts and took three of us ALL day. Sonny has since spread a yard+ of gravel to level it up. Layer of mulch comes next...

Time for another cup of coffee and some breakfast. Heading to The Hart Family Campground (DIL's family) today to see Ori and Kaia. Rain this afternoon so we are meeting there late this morning.

Everyone have a safe, funfilled weekend,....but DO remember on Monday.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 07:43:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Another nice day for the coastal area in store. Current temp 72F at 7:36 and the high 86 degrees.

After I left the house yesterday I got my shaggy hair cut, shopped for a few items at Walmart then drove to Lowe's Foods for sale items. When I returned home I decided to stay out of the hot sun and do a few chores around the house and then took a little nap. At 7 o'clock I fired up the mower and got that job done zip zip. Had enough energy to put some more dirt around the crape myrtle and started placing down the weed barrier. Got 1/2 of the barrier done and had just enough daylight to dump three of the 5 gallon containers of rocks; these were paint containers that I had fished out of the new home dumpsters. Used my two-wheeled hand truck to move the rock and just tilted the buckets onto the mat. That was it for the day.
Got my dirty clothes off and threw them into the washer then headed right into the shower. Man o man, that hot shower felt good !

Today, when the shadows cover the front yard, I will finish the other half of the crape myrtle. Maybe I'll do a beach walk even though it will be pretty packed for the holiday visitors.

PJ, very kind of you to help the gal at the doctor's office. 

Thanks for the pictures, Bob. When do you two go home ? You were in the right place at the right time to help that young lady.  Good for you.

Hi Crunchie. What MB said : you home yet ?

MB, you are always getting ready for some project or another.  Send us pictures when each task is completed.

Another puppy, Cindy. Yikes, double the trouble. hee,hee.

Hi Ed. Fiddleheads look good but how are they served ? In a salad or as a side dish ?

Going to get moving.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 07:49:46 (permalink)
+3 (3)

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 08:34:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
I HAVE FINALLY MANAGED TO LOG IN FROM MY PC!!!  It took 2 hours of trying to find the place to change my password to something other than the one assigned which no one can remember.  Somehow I accidentally logged out on the kindle which was the only device with the pre assigned password which no one can remember, and then was SCREWED.  I had to start over from scratch.  That was a chore! The Kindle was totally uncooperative.   I have currently managed to connect not only my PC but  also my phone.  The Kindle will be another challenge.  Maybe now I can start to post pictures!  Meanwhile I'm relearning the PC keyboard because I have used it so little.

Damsel in distress?  UHK to the rescue.

Sophie is looking to be a big girl!  A brother??  DOUBLE TROUBLE plus!

Not sure what Fiddleheads are but they look like a caterpillar that I removed from my plant yesterday! LOL!

OK, WHERE DO i FIND THE PLACE TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD?
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 08:41:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
That didn't go right!

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 08:43:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I need lessons!

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 08:58:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Pictures from FB - I just right click on the full pic there, choose "copy image", move to here and paste (CTRL V)
That is on a desktop.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 09:24:36 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Folks, no pictures today. We are packing and heading for the airport in less than an hour. Waiting to the last minute to shower for the long trip back. 

Folks, helping out that person was just a natural instinct. Just my luck that it was an awkward woman in a bikini. I truly felt like the next thing I would hear, had I not started moving was Laurie saying Bob, go help her will you. 

We checked out the Melia pretty good while we were here for 2 days. It is a very nice resort with a real nice sand beach, not so good for snorkeling. Food was good, but not great, coming close to Iberostar standards. Pretty tasty actually. Spanish chain, so lots of Europeans and smoking, outside, with some vaping inside. I'm not a fan of it, obviously, what comes out of those pipes is not nothing or just steam, and it ..... I hate to say ruined, but it did affect our sense of smell pretty badly while we were eating. I hate to focus on that, as the Melia is actually a very nice resort. With decent snorkeling out front, it would be on my list. Not the very top, but near the top of the list. 

I suppose.....shower time.

Have a great day folks.

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 10:11:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Beautiful weather here.  With a high temp of 90F.
Been sitting on the porch with SJ watching 4 baby armadillos digging around for insects.
Lil doggie was surrounded at one point.  She was barking and having a fit.  LOL
Picked up my new glasses yesterday.  I can see again!  The world is back in focus.  Yesss!! 

Welcome home Crunch and Tomas!  

Uphill,  wishing you smooth and safe travels home.  Loved seeing all your snorkel pics. 
Thanks for sharing.  Good job saving the bikini lady!

Bernie,  Glad you had a great first run of the season on the Lillie Mae.   
Enjoy your beach walk today.   

C&C,  Sophie looks so sweet laying on her bed.  Bet she would love to have a big brother to play with.

Maple,  nice playset for the girls.  They'll have loads of fun this summer playing on it.
Never had fiddleheads.  Some type of baby fern?  

MB,  always fun to pick out new items for the home.  

Twirls,  Love that new lime pool lounger!  Your pool area looks wonderful. 

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 11:15:41 (permalink)
PJ, at the airport now, it's raining, good timing. Gotta say well done for your good deed for the day as well. Do you remember when that was a thing? Do one good deed every day? The world could use more like you. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 15:29:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Safe travels Bob and friend, glad you had a great time and thanks for all the wonderful pictures you posted, glad crunch and Tomas are also home safe. Glad you were able to help the young lady.

PJ you have a kind and loving heart, I am sure that young woman will remember your comfort for the rest of her life.

Twirls, glad you finally got your PC to work on LG, sadly the link does not work for me cause you have to be logged in to Facebook to see it and I am not a member. Hope your weather is better and all your critters are good.

Speaking of critters, that is a cute picture of Sophie, Cindy.

Hope Gem, Frank and others are OK and not being too bothered by the Midwest weather, hope they let us know they are OK.

Sounds like a great boat ride Bernie, the Lillie Mae is a real nice looking boat and the pictures look really nice as well. Glad a good time was had by all, and the crepe myrtle looks nice also.

Still having a real slow time learning this phone, managed to not be able to buzz in two deliverymen over a two day period, another session with neighbor David for tomorrow. I decided I really need a landline and got ahold of Cox (local cable company) and was able to order voice service which will be installed Wednesday am. Price was good and I was able to complete the entire transaction online mostly via chat.

Mapes, that is a terrific backyard playground set you have there, looks expensive, real redwood?
Hope your weather improves so you can get your work done, supposed to have showers tomorrow am but that is nothing compared to what some of the rest of you are having to endure.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, all
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/25 15:29:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..961962963964965.. > >> Showing page 963 of 1058
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5