AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..961962963964965.. > >> Showing page 961 of 1007
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 20:30:04 (permalink)
+1 (3)
GEM, so glad you got to visit with all kids at once!

Crunch, you look great but I THINK, a bit too thin.  I'm sure it's due to all your health issues of late.  

We are in tornado alley tonight.  Plus torrential rain of up to 7"!  Naturally, they came and opened my pool today.  The water was still really clear.  We only started the bottom drain and we left the water level about 3" low to allow for the incoming rain.   And a pump is set up to turn on if it gets too high.  All patio cushions are tucked away.  I think we are set for the onslaught.
We are on the eastern edge so it may not be too bad but tornadoes are already reported within an hour west.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 04:50:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
I was wrong. The cold is still hanging on. I was back to coughing and blowing soon after I posted yesterday. Some one explain to me why OTC cold meds are packaged with lots of daytime but only a few night time? Seems to me that the night time is even more important to get the sleep that helps you heal...was out last night, resorted to Vick's  so I could breathe and sleep. But don't much care for that greasy feeling.
Also, the weather did not cooperate. Wind was out of the northeast and kept it cold all day. Didn't even bother to look at weather this morning. Maybe if I ignore it, it will get better. I shouldn't complain, really. No tornadoes or flooding here. Gem, imagine it is just miserable in the quad cities. And if and when things start to recede and dry out, you'll have to face a season of monster mosquito hatches. Yikes.
Paul called yesterday afternoon, the doggy rescue did not turn out. Chris has a Dr. appointment this morning, and then taking the rest of the day off. We may go and visit the shelter again today to look at those puppies.

Crunch, I think you look gorgeous! 

Checked nest yesterday while Momma robin was hunting worms; 3 hatched. Starting to get concerned about # 4. Will see if i can get a peek today. 

Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 07:00:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Tuesday

Another beautiful day on tap. Primary election today. Going to vote, run a few errands and get back to potting plants. I am bad about buying flowers before I get the previous buys potted.

Got distracted by my laundry.

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 07:46:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning alla

The sun is shining bright this AM. A nice day on the coast for the beach goers. Current temp is 74F at 7:22 with high of 84 degrees. 90's next week.

Yesterday I went to Nell's with my neighbor Chet for lunch. He's up for a boat ride on Thursday and so is Bryan. Looking forward to being out on the water again and I need to burn most of the gas that has been in the tank since last season. After lunch Chet and I drove to a big nursery in Ash about 15 miles out in the country. It's a huge place where I had purchased my "little" crape myrtle. You may recall that I had placed my smaller myrtle into the hole of the oak tree that fell from hurricane Matthew. I needed a tree to replace the dead palm tree in the front yard so I purchased another small myrtle in a 7-gal pot. Good deal at $20. Chet was also looking for something to replace two of his tall palms that died but he didn't buy anything.

Anyway, after I got home I started to remove the rocks from around the dead palm so I can start to dig out the dirt. I probably will have to cut some roots so I can pull it out with my truck and chain. Never have removed a palm tree so not sure yet what I'm up against. Might be able to remove the palm without cutting the roots; will see.

Today I may be able to do a beach walk as wind will be down around 6 mph. I won't tackle the palm tree again until the sun swings down low enough to shade the front yard. Then I'll get the last bit of rocks removed and start digging the dirt from around the tree.

Hi Gem. Looks like your Houston trip was a good one and great surprise to see Monica. Fun picture with two of your 'girls' and did I see the Texas version of a seafood boil ?  Nice.

Crunch, since I don't have facebook I can't see how you look these days. Perhaps Tomas or Bob can take a snapshot of you to post on the BC so we all can see how great you look these days ? hint, hint.

Cindy, I always get good sleep when taking that NyQuil at bedtime.

BeachBilly, happy to hear you are voting today. Some folks just don't bother.

Coffee time over. Will try to remember to get a picture of my new little myrtle. It's a Catawba that is supposed to have purple flowers.

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 07:47:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning

We survived.  Don't know how much rain we got but the pool came up 3"!  It was a TOAD STRANGLER as my husband would say.  Lots of damage nearby but none that I know of right here.

I have PT and Chiropractor at 10.  More storms start around noon.  Tomorrow and the following 3 days are expected to be sunny and 86°! 
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 07:48:26 (permalink)
+2 (2)
A few pics from the celebration of Ralph's b-day at Jungle Fish 

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/05/21 07:54:15

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 07:50:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 07:51:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 07:52:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
good to see Alma and Cat again

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 08:12:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie, LOOKOUT!  I see hurricane Andrea is in the Atlantic!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 08:34:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Twirley, having seen Crunch in person, I have to say she looks good. Not too thin, but real healthy looking. I was just amazed, she really looks good, is a great size, and just a couple months ago she was chopped open and had parts removed and new ones installed. I can not imagine what she and Tom went thru, but she looks good, real good. Her back is still giving her issues, so she'll stand as we all are sitting sometimes, but she has that smile on her face.

I'm not sure what is in store today, I think we are gonna drift snorkel against the wall up north, and we'll ride around, maybe, looking at some art painted on walls, and we'll eat somewhere.... Life is full of decisions! Tom and Kim are coming here to pick us up and drive right back, when we could take a cab for cheap, so I suspect they have something in store!

Have a great day all!
post edited by uphillklimber - 2019/05/21 08:35:38

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 09:49:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Another beautiful morning.  Sat out on the porch a long time.
Sipping coffee and watching the birds come and go from the feeder.
SJ's colonoscopy procedure went well.  No problem areas were seen. 
Took him to Reggi's BBQ afterward.  He had a huge beef brisket sandwich and fried apples.
Came home and napped.  Doing fine this morning.  Went to work.
We watch the international space station fly over our house last night.  So cool! 
Amazing how fast it travels. 

Uphill,  have a great time with Crunch and Tomas today.  Glad to read that Crunch is
feeling well and looking good.  

Bernie,  the weather certainly has turned boater friendly.  The river was full of boats
last weekend. 

MB,  Juniper the bunny is 2 months old.  Just a tiny little girl.  Loves to cuddle.  Very sweet.

C&C,  wishing you some warmer weather.  

BeachBilly,  we still have not bought flowers and veggie plants.  Need to get on that soon.

Time to get busy here.   Hope all of you have a wonderful day!  Hugs

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3795
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 16:30:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, real sorry to hear your cold is not better, hope you get well soon.

PJ, good news about SJ's procedure.

Bernie, have a great time on the boat ride with your friends.

Stay safe, those of you in the Midwest and Texas, good thing crunch and Tomas are in Coz and jj and hubby are in Florida.

Well, the last few days have been frustrating, AT&T disconnected my homeline Sunday afternoon and after multiple calls with second level support and their managers, they are unable to reinstate it and told me the only thing they can do is advise me to order a new POTS line (Plain Old Telephone Service). So today I went to Target at noon and bought a Consumer Cellular Moto5 (which I think Badger recommended). The clerk showed me how to program my sister's number into it and I will plug it into the charger shortly and try and figure the simplest tasks out. Also have to have the manager plug my phone number into the intercom system (security building). Might also ask my neighbor David to show me a few things, he has been real good about letting me use his phone to call AT&T. He loves ice cream and I have a few pints of Ben and Jerry in the freezer.

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 17:32:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
That is the best compliment I have ever Ted's Twirley! Nowhere close to thin but the challenges of the last year or so have made some unintentional changes. I will be fluffier after this trip!

Cindy - we dined for 9 dollars last night and it was delicious. Hope you are feeling better.

Beautiful family time Gem.

We have such a great time with Bobski and his lady. They are awesome.

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 17:58:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Today's finds while snorkeling. Mi amigo Thomas found a larger version of the wicked weird fish we found yesterday. I think it is a frog fish.

And he spotted this Spotted Drumfish as well. If you look close, you'll see an eel under that rock as well!

I just love neon colored fish, a pair of file fish

And some glassy eyed sweepers

Have a great evening all, I hear steak and lobster calling my name!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/21 19:07:01 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Good evening,  49 and rain into the evening and tomorrow.  Hard to believe Memorial holiday is this weekend.  Went to Home Depot this morning to check out patio umbrellas, bases and plumbing fixtures for upstairs bathroom.  Just wanted to get an idea and no purchases.  Came home and worked outside for about an hour.  Hand scrubbed kitchen/entry, tile floor in lower level bathroom, two toilets cleaned and two small loads of wash.  Last load in dryer. Now working on a bite to eat.  Got the alarm set for tomorrow.  Appointment here at 9 a.m. even though I am usually up early....just in case.  

Crunchie, I think you look fabulous y Tomas as well.  So great to see you guys having your special time with Bob and Laurie. Loving all the pics on LG and FB.

Bernie, looking forward to your upcoming boating excursion.

Jamie, dang on all the technical issues you've had.  I'm frustrated for you girl. WTH?

Cindy, that is really neat to have a literal bird's eye view of the baby robins.  Can't wait to see your next loving pup and the name you picked out for that lucky one.

Hola Claire, Bosco, Maple, Susy, Bimmy and so many others.  Hope all have a beautiful evening.  Stay safe to all in harms way with all the active tornadoes/storms.  Be well, MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/22 05:02:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's HumpDay.

Internet was to slow too post yesterday, not much better today.

Love the pix, Bernie!

Jamie, I have the Moto4 and have learned to like it. There are still a lot of features that I don't use. I would suggest writing down any instructions your neighbor gives you on using it until you become more familiar with how it works. I had to ask someone how to answer a phone call, I kept tapping on the screen, when you actually have to swipe the screen to the right.

Looks like another day of rain, but I've got plenty of inside work to do for several customers.
post edited by Badger - 2019/05/22 06:44:44

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/22 06:00:54 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
We will be bringing new baby girl home this evening. Still thinking about a name. Shelter named her Leilani, but neither of us like that much. Doesn't resonate. Top of the list right now is Sunny. (yesterday my life was filled with rain...You are welcome for the ear worm.) Pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Finally supposed to get a nice day with a high of 76. Mow or weed? Decisions, decisions!
And yes, Chris posted on FB, all 4 eggs have hatched. They look rather "naked" right now, but I'm sure they will fluff out soon.

Jamie, I sure hope all your tech issues GO AWAY.

Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/22 07:37:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Somewhat cloudy this AM but should turn mostly sunny and cooler later today. Current temp is 72F at 7:06 and the high only 79 degrees. Tomorrow's boating day should be nice and also warmer.

Yesterday I went to Nell's for brunch and then did my 1 hour beach walk. I met two cute younger gals briefly as they passed me while I was walking. I told them it was not nice to walk past me so fast and then laughed. They both giggled and I asked if they would take my picture. One grabbed my camera and surprisingly the other one said she would pose with me. I wished I was 40 years younger and 40 pounds lighter. They both chatted with me some and seemed very polite. I probably reminded them of their grandpa. I thanked them for taking my picture and I continued my walk but this time with a little brisker pace. Hee,hee.

Later in the afternoon I finished removing the rock around my palm, removed the older ground fabric and then started to dig some of the dirt. I only dug about 1.5 feet down and was getting a bit pooped out; decided I would finish tomorrow. Chet spotted me digging and walked over to see if I needed any help. I said I was getting tired and thought I would try to pull out the fern tomorrow. Chet promptly said that he would wrap the chain around the palm if I would back up my truck to the edge of the street. Hooked the chain to my trailer hitch, put the truck in 4-wheel low and then eased the truck forward. The palm popped out with almost no resistance; removed the chain and parked the truck in the drive way. Chet and I took turns hitting the dirt around the root ball as it fell back into the hole. Finally we tried to lift the palm into the wheelbarrow but couldn't lift the tree high enough. I said to Chet, lets's do this a little smarter and laid the wheelbarrow on it's side close to the stump. Then we both rolled it into the wheelbarrow and was able to get it upright and stable in the wheelbarrow. Last step : take the load to the woods and turn the wheelbarrow on it's side again. The dead palm is now where it will sit and decay.

Today I will get a bag of soil and mulch mix at Lowe's and this afternoon I will plant the new Crape Myrtle.  Sometime this weekend I will set the new weed barrier in place and then put the decorate rocks back down.
With some luck this might be the last tree I have to plant in my yard ! Whew.

Jamie, what an ordeal with AT&T !  Did you ever find out why they disconnected your line ? Bummer. Oh well, now you have a 'new toy' to use.

You are correct PJ, it's definitely now boat season. You guys going to try getting the pontoon boat out ?

MB, you know I will have some boating pictures for the BC on Friday !

Thanks Badger. No more Mexico pictures on my camera. I post one pix on the crape myrtle sitting in the garage and then pictures of my beach walk yesterday.

Cindy, I bet you and Chris are excited to bring your new doggie home. Shoot us a picture or two and maybe someone will give you a few suggestions for names. Perhaps one will catch your eye.

All done. See y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/22 07:39:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
New little crape myrtle.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/22 07:40:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Yesterday looking South.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/22 07:41:55 (permalink)
view to the North

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/22 07:44:31 (permalink)
pretty young gal with pot-bellied guy

Weekend at Bernie's
Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7518
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/22 07:48:03 (permalink)
Morning all. 

Crunch..you look great. And your not dead, so..bonus! 😉😁

Jamie..I never tell anyone I worked in IT because they will ask me to fix something  (and I didn't even fix computers) but if I lived close I would do it for you. 

Gem..how nice you got family time.  If you don't go to Hawaii next winter I am going to be mad at you.  😉

Twirls..it sucks to lose friends.  Even friends who turn out not to be friends. By the end we will know everything we need to know in life.
Glad you got some money back. 

MB..it is hard to put my head around you having cold weather.  High of 97f predicted here Sunday!

Badger..I still cannot thank you enough for getting  the pomo trip going.  

Uphill..nice fish. No coral?

Bernie..get a broadcast spreader. Drop spreader you will miss some lawn or burn some.  
Nice picture of connie and I. Thanks.  I downloaded it. 

Nipper..snow!

Same old same old here. Waiting to pay through the snoot for plane tickets to Boston. 

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/22 08:06:44 (permalink)
Morning all

Yesterday we were surrounded by tornadoes and flooding. OK here but the storm just passed us dumping torrential rain which flooded everything.  My driveway was partially under water when the rain drainage ditches overflowed. I had water flowing through my garage from the back yard where a low spot made a pond which went under the back garage door and towards the front.  Then same storm spun a tornado which was on the ground 7 miles.  Lots of damage and injuries.  And it starts again this afternoon.
My pool was opened Monday and we can't even clean out the small bits of leaves in it due to rain.  Water level has come up at least 4".  It's a good thing it was a bit low.
Naturally, my HHR failed to start when I needed to get to PT.  Not sure what's going on.  Bought a new battery after the old one was tested at only 50% but it's not the problem.  Going to have to have it towed to the dealer and I won't drive the Camaro in bad weather.

Hope everyone else has a great day today.

BTW, I knew Crunch would like hearing that I THINK she's looks too thin!  I know what she went through and why she lost so much weight.  CRUNCH, EAT!  You do look good, just too thin!
Page: << < ..961962963964965.. > >> Showing page 961 of 1007
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5