AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..956957958959960.. > >> Showing page 960 of 991
Author
Bob in Milw
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 10:06:32 (permalink)
Badger

Bimmy, thanks, I think everybody had a good time in PoMo, it would be nice to find a similar place with no sargasso, lots of cheap eats and easy to get to, but where??

Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Puerto Vallarta, Ixtapa, Negril, Roatan.....need I go on?
 Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you setting this trip up, it was a blast. I love PoMo , Akumal and all of the Riviera Maya, and pray that someday the sargasso problem will get resolved but I don't see it happening in the near future.
 One of the reasons I was attracted to the Riviera Maya years ago were the beautiful white sand beaches that unfortunately have turned into mounds of smelly, ugly sargasso all up and down the east coast of Mexico. The bright side is there are still lots of other tropical destinations that don't have that problem that I want to check out. Some I have been to and enjoyed in the past and others I haven't had the chance to see yet.
 Time for this dude to start checking out other locations..... Just saying.
Peace, Bimmy

post edited by Bob in Milw - 2019/05/19 10:31:11

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 13:25:01 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Uphill...I believe you found it! Between you and Badger, surely you can get it ready in a year

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 13:50:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Twirls,  UpHill found a project for you!  An unfinished condo complex.
We could all pitch in.  LOL

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 16:00:34 (permalink)
And.... today's snorkeling finds:
Parrot fish

Puddingwife

One of my favorites, a Damselfish

And a needlefish

Look closely at this one. I am told it is a juvenile Scorpion fish, but my book shows a frogfish looking a lot like it.

Sand Dollar

Sea Biscuit

Anemone

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 16:30:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
What's wrong with this picture?

Wag more....bark less.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 16:55:27 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Sold the Honda yesterday to friend, Charlie.  He was super excited to buy a vehicle from someone he knew and the original owner.  A balmy 40 and cloudy now.  Made it to the 8:30 church service.  Last of the season as we move to one Sunday service next week at 9:30.  Lucked out with a spritzing of rain and then back home for a bite to eat.  Been raining ever since and decided to make the most of the day by getting the house thoroughly dusted.  Done.  Kinda of a sad morning as Phil y Holly had to say goodbye to their Cassie girl of 17 years this morning.  Such a beautiful and loving perro.  

Cindy, my weather yesterday mimicked yours with a break from the precip albeit unseasonably cool.  Glad you had a nice visit with family.

Badger, that's just wrong.

Bob, nice photos.  Someone started to put some bucks into those buildings.  I agree with the others that you, Badger and probably Maple could get those whipped together in no time.  Could be the next reunion and, of course, Holly would need to be the lead designer.

Crunchie, thanks for your FB photos.

PJ, Juni is so tiny.  How old is she?  Litter box trained?

BeachBilly, maybe you can get a good price over Memorial weekend on the A/C unit.  Good luck.

Bernie, what a fun time at your neighbor's BD party.  

Holly, what kind of quiche did you make?  Looked great.  

Hi to all I've missed.  I'm hoping I don't lose the 32 annuals I put in the rock garden down by the pond earlier. Fingers crossed.  Beautiful evening to all.  MB

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 17:58:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Goldilocks, can I borrow a fiver? Just kidding Twirley. Broken trust from people you care about is beyond sucky.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 18:10:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
wishing comfort for Phil and Holly about Cassie. Always so hard.
By the way Cozumel is still amazing and no sargassum issues. Shhhhh.

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 18:57:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Badger, that's not good but here is a picture from Cape Breton in Nova Scotia - taken Saturday. Hope it shows.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
Bob in Milw
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 20:02:25 (permalink)
crunch

By the way Cozumel is still amazing and no sargassum issues. Shhhhh.

Still my fav …..Shhhhhhh
Hope you guys are having a blast. Looks like Mother Nature is cooperating.
Peace, Bimmy

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 21:37:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening

I saw Bob's pics and wondered...

Badger and Nipper, shaking my head and trying to come up with something besides I'M SORRY.  I wouldn't survive in that kind of climate.  

Crunch, definitely agreed and no, but I'll give you a fiver if needed.

Got a few more things done today.
The quiche turned out to be one of my best ever.  The farm fresh eggs helped but you have to beat/whip the cream and eggs separately before mixing them together.   It makes it much lighter and airy.  It was yummy.  I gave one to my neighbour who brings me eggs.  The eggs were a range of beautiful colours including pale green and blue.  Banty or guinea?

Ready for bed.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 04:52:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Moanday.

Bimmy, thanks for volunteering to check those places out and please let us know when you find one that is easy (and relatively inexpensive) to get to and has lots of cheap eats within walking distance. We've been to Coz & Isla Mujeres multiple times and Jamaica once, and still prefer PoMo.

Nipper, I'll quit whining now.

Quiche sounds good.

Rains have finally stopped and we expect a couple days of sunshine before more rain later this week.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 05:27:25 (permalink)
Good Morning
We are supposed to have a little break in the rain today, so after we got back from dropping Heidi and Pat at the airport I got most of the laundry done to free up time for some weed pulling and flower planting today. Hope the ground is not too soggy. Sorry about that snow, Paul. That is just wrong!

So far this morning I am feeling a little more human. Hoping the worst of this cold is over, my nose is so raw I've been smearing lip balm under it. 

Coz IS nice, but no cheap eats like PoMo. 

Had an opportunity to peek in the nest late in the afternoon. 2 of the chicks had hatched.
Hugs for Phil and Holly, MB
Have a wonderful day, all.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 07:23:21 (permalink)
Okay everybody, you all have me dreaming now, and that is where this morning's walk took me. I'm quite intrigued by these buildings. As you can see from this picture, these are quad units, though you could put a doorway into the dividing wall and make a double unit.

Some units are slightly more done than others, most had the majority of the stonework done, with spots left out to lock in door and window lintels and electrical panels.

I was able to find one unit with the lintels in place, so this is the look they were going for.

I did find what looks like a well cover, so I suspect that utility would work out. There are power lines at the road that look large enough to handle this complex. I know nothing of any waste water set up here, other than it appears that there are septic tanks set up in the stairwells at the road side of each building, yeah, in the buildings. 

There is a good deal of spray paint vandalism, so the stone work would need pressure washing, and that means you'd have to do all of it to get it to blend in.
Sorry for the blurry picture.

I have found no pallets of matching stone to complete the stone work. I suspect we could find that stone installed in another building on the island somewhere. So completing the facades would take a contrasting stone, or the near impossible task of matching up the stone.

Now, for the important stuff, the beach.

All these pictures were taken from one spot. You have Chankanaab to the south, Tortugas to the north and this is what it looks like close up. We'd need a pier or some way to easily to enter the water. There is some sand. This is kinda the norm in Cozumel, as you can see from this pic taken up the road:

The roofs seem to be in pretty decent shape. I went upstairs and took this photo of the ceiling. It doesn't seem to have any telltale signs of water infiltration, though you can see where the local environment popped the concrete from around the rebar, being too close to the surface.

Everyone else still dreaming?????

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 07:36:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Ok, Bob...quit dangling the bait...

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 07:39:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Nice sunny skies this AM and Mr weatherman says it should remain that way all this week. Our current temp along the coast is 73F at 7:12. Today's high will be 82 degrees.

I didn't get to the beach yesterday but rather did my walk around the neighborhood at 7PM. It was only for 45 minutes but very quiet at that time of the evening. 

Something I discovered yesterday on my search for a new lawn fertilizer. That Yardworks brand I was interested in has been purchased by the Menards chain. Darn. No Menards close to me. Anyone planning a visit to one their stores ? I just need an opinion of the quality on their metal fertilizer drop spreader before I order one online and pay $80 bucks + freight.

Today not much on my plate. Pay a few bills and check with Bryan and Chet to see if one of them wants to do a boat cruise this week.

Badger, I think the ease of getting to PoMo plus the cost of the hotel and variety of restaurants within walking distance will be fairly hard to find elsewhere. Coz is a nice destination but it's more expensive to vacation there, in my opinion. Fewer flights that fly into Cozumel each day and at a higher cost. Getting there via bus to Playa and taking a ferry to Coz makes it a little less convenient. I would be curious to see what others discover on cost of flights. Oh, the beaches there are not that nice when compared to the Roo
( excluding the nasty Sargasso ). Great place though for those that like to dive or snorkel.

MB, yes a nice time at Sarah's birthday party but a way younger group of those attending. Hard for me to keep up with their energy. Hee,hee.

Bob, pretty pictures of your underwater ventures. Thanks for posting.

Cindy, glad you are starting to feel better.

Speaking of posting, I have a few pictures left from the ABR portion of my past trip. I'll show some of them shortly.

Time to get moving.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 07:44:37 (permalink)
RC & Serge at Pescador's. Went there with them one night. Had great fish, as usual. Neither me or Andrea drank the nasty margaritas.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 07:48:32 (permalink)
One of me at Pescador's

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 07:50:13 (permalink)
Joe and Connie depart for home.

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 07:53:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Up early.  Yard patrol finished.  Pets have been fed.
A little bit foggy outside. Otherwise looks like the makings of a beautiful day. With a high temp of 82F.
SC packed up her pets and left out for Nashville around 1:00 p.m. yesterday.
Started the laundry got most of it finished before bedtime. 
SJ is still sleeping.  Rather rough night for him.  We need to be at the hospital by noon for his colonoscopy. 
Trying to get all the morning chores done.  Finish laundry before we leave. 

Uphill,  loving all your pictures from Cozumel.

jj,  you all look very happy and relaxed on Anna Maria Island.  Beautiful pictures.

Everyone have a great day! 
post edited by PJamigo - 2019/05/20 19:45:15

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 07:55:46 (permalink)
Somehow my other pictures at ABR were deleted. Darn. I'll need to check if to see if maybe they are stored in my memory card. Strange. I still have the ones from the gathering at Jungle Fish to celebrate Ralph's birthday and will post another time.

Oops. Hi PJ !

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 15:24:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just three pictures today.

Lovin life,
Bob

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2446
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 18:36:11 (permalink)
Hola everyone!  It's been a bit.  
To those in Cozumel, it looks beautiful.  Crunch you look awesome! (so does Tomas!)  Bobski, I'm thinking your "find" would make a nice project for some here...
PJ, if you're a candidate, I say go for the cataract surgery.  It was so quick and easy.  I was amazed at how bad my eyesight had become.  And to think that I was still driving!  So much better now.
MB, love your yard and deck, I'll bet it's beautiful with the flowers and all.  I finally got all my pots planted.  I lost a bunch of my elephant ears due to the freezing weather, next year I'll bring them inside rather than the garage!
SoSo, did you get your puppy yet?  So cute!
Bernie, so jealous of your beach walk.  So much nicer than our flooded muddy Mississippi!  We are expecting another crest this week, due to all the rain.  The downtown in Davenport just can't get ahead.  They are now putting up more Hesco Barriers to try to save what they can.  It's a mess!
C&C, you have a lot of yard.  I used to have just 1/2 acre and it would take me 3 hours to mow each time, using both the John Deere and push mower.  I loved having it, but am now happy with the downsize.  Takes Tatt about 45 minutes to do ours now.
I agree with you about ABR.  Akumal just isn't the same anymore.  And the resort has just gotten to upper snooty for us.  I still love seeing all the staff that has been there forever, but how they can keep smiling at some of those rude guests is beyond me.
And the sargassum is so bad.  I'm sure it will make a huge dent in tourism.  
Not sure if I even posted about my Houston trip with Shana to see my son Jason and his family.  When he picked us up at the airport, daughter Monica was in the backseat!  She surprised us by flying in from Kauai!  It was so awesome to have all my kiddos together again!  And of course to see Liam and Lily!
We had a great time together, all the traditional stuff we do whenever we visit.  Will try to post some photos soon.
Have a great evening to you all!
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2446
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 18:41:00 (permalink)

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/20 19:19:49 (permalink)
Good evening. Had 2" of rain yesterday.  59 and partly cloudy now.   Got the lawn mowed today and it was terribly wet on this clay soil.  More rain expected manana.  Was hitting the shower late afternoon and doorbell rang and a bunch of loud noises.  Clothes back on and outside.  It was Mike, the plumber, checking on an earlier issue I had called about.  He is going to do some additional work here for me including a new sump pump with battery back-up.  My original pedestal sump pump is 30 years old and runs continuously even in the winter.  Very high water table here.  May look for new bathroom fixtures for vanity and shower upstairs as well and get it all done same time.
Gem, what a great family reunion.  Loved the pics.  Such a beautiful family!  Seems to be the general consensus about the old ABR resort.

Badger, on the hunt for a new puppy rescue and possible job relocation for Lio.  All in the  midst of working triple time.  I'm really hoping that this dang weather is on the upswing.

Bob, thanks for the laugh on the deserted buildings.  Like you, have seen my fair share over the years.  Always made me wonder what the heck happened.  Still loving the pics.  

Nipper, no more of those photos.  Yikes.

Welcome home SoSo and SunDog.  Can't wait till you meet your precious Zoey.

Crunchie, looks like you are having a fabulous time.    

Bernie, thanks for more travel pics.  Hope you can retrieve the rest.  Hopefully out in the Lillie Mae after the holiday.

Pj, hope all went well with SJ's procedure.  

Not a clue what is going on with the font on this post.  Have a beautiful evening all.  Be well, MB

Page: << < ..956957958959960.. > >> Showing page 960 of 991
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5