AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..956957958959960.. > >> Showing page 959 of 1032
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 07:46:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Weather man said to "hit the beach" today as it will be a perfect day to do so. Current temp is 72F at 7:35 and the high a perfect 85 degrees.

I didn't have the opportunity to do my beach walk yesterday, as I got busy with getting the boat to the detail guy and returning to the storage yard when he was done. A fantastic job and it looked almost brand new. In between waiting on boat I went to Lowe's Home Improvement to look at lawn fertilizers. I was not impressed with the Scott line. Most of them use a 'broadcast' method that slings the fertilizer in a circular pattern. The tub is plastic and costs $60. Scott still has their "classic" model that uses gravity to drop the fertilizer pellets straight down. Hence the name 'drop spreader'. Same price but also cheaply made. I located one that seems to have better quality but I want to go look at it. It is made by Yardworks but not sure yet who stocks it that might be close to me.

No big plans for today.

Good safe flights today, jj. Hope you and Mr. jj have a great vacation.

MB, hope the concert was a good one.

Holly, I hope you can get your loan money back from Cammie without having to hire an attorney. She doesn't handle money very well, si ?

Ed, thank you for your pictures. That cenote looks a little spooky. What's with Ori's red boots ? We she planning on getting into the mud ?

nipper, good picture of the lionfish hunters. Have you or Ron ever tasted them ?

SoSo, that's a lot of planter boxes !

PJ, I wan't trying to be funny on the Medicare comment. Just thinking how expensive the cataract surgery would be if you didn't have the Medicare. I didn't have any problems during or after surgery; just putting those multiple doses of eye drops into my eyes. I sometimes missed my eyeball. Seriously !

Hi Jamie. Hi Crunch. Hi Bob. Thanks Badger.

I'm done with coffee for the day.
Everyone have a good day,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 07:48:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
food from the ABR snack bar. Pizza was good. Couldn't finish it. Andrea couldn't finish her hamburger either.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 07:50:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Burger was huge and very tasty 

Weekend at Bernie's
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 08:26:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
"nipper, good picture of the lionfish hunters. Have you or Ron ever tasted them ?"

We have tasted the lionfish, Bernie . It is lightly flavoured white fish. Ron went on a hunt with the lionfish hunters group a few years ago so we were invited to lunch after - ceviche and tacos. Very tasty.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7518
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 09:05:12 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good Saturday morning. 

I know in Bernie's pix I look heavily medicated,  but it's not true!  I was resting. 😁 

We loved pomo. Hope they can fix the sargasso problem. 

ABR.....  sadly, we are finally done. Don't get me wrong. ABR is nice and all. Somebody likes it because it appeared to sold out. But..not for me. And if you are staying off ABR in hmb or somewhere, getting to the akumal beach is a PITA..so probably done with akumal as well. But never say never.  BUT we had fun and enjoyed seeing Bernie,  Andrea, and some of the other long time gringos who were there. And the weather was perfect and the food, drinks and employees were A+.

Badger,  we have global entry. Its well worth the money to breeze through immigration on the way home! 

Soso..safe travels home.  It's almost puppy time. 

Twirls..what a mess.

MB..you should add some sand traps and charge the neighbors to play 9 holes.😉 Beautiful lawn!

Jamie, uphill, BB, Frank, Pj, c&c.and everyone,  Hola! I am afraid to go back a page to see what you said or I'll lose my post.

My 93yo mother is at the end. Dementia and in constant pain the last 3 years. Now she is not eating anymore.  Can't swallow. Taking liquid morphine.  After 3 years of suffering she is finally going to have peace. It has been very painful for me to watch. My father had a heart attack on the dance floor at the senior center and died on the operating table. A much better way to go. 

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 09:19:56 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good morning
I finally woke from a dream that turned into a nightmare!  I was on Cozumel and a cruise ship...

Yesterday was my lucky day.  I did receive a check in the mail from Cammie!  However it was less than 1/2 but it did cover the business loan, because she knew I could legally get a lien.  The personal loan is in question.  She apparently is deducting the amount it cost her to hire shop help when she took me for eye surgery last November.  The last nice thing she did for me before our friendship blew up.  That's fine but she didn't say how much she was deducting or when I'd get it.  
I was feeling pretty lucky to have gotten full payment from stepson and partial payment from Cammie so I bought lottery tickets and Chris said get a PICK 3 ticket with 711 as the numbers as it was an instant $2 winner!  I hope I'm as blessed when the drawings take place.  I had told the cashier that I'd share if I won anything so I immediately handed her $1.  I bought Chris a carton of his cigarettes. 

Chris smoked some ribs for dinner which were very good.  Friends stopped by.  They were on vacation the same time as I was.  They went to the Dominican republic.  Reported no sargasso but they could see floating islands of the stuff from the plane.

Nixa kicked off the annual SUCKER DAYS celebration.  LOL.  It refers to the type of fish which is caught nearby.  The parade always goes by both ends of my street and they close off the street "downtown" for a huge fish fry and kiddie carnival.  Tonight features several local bands with various types of music.

It's cloudy with good chance of severe weather.

Still trying to wake up from that dream.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 09:59:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Good morning BCers!
Beautiful outside!  A high temp of 86F.  

jj,  wishing you smooth and safe travels.  Have a wonderful time on the beach in Florida!

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/05/18 16:21:41

Bob in Milw
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3909
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 10:38:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola Amigos & Amigas,
Just wanted to drop in here and let everyone know what a great time Adrienne and I had with y'all in PoMo.
You guys were a blast to hang out with. Hope we can do it again sometime. Maybe somewhere with no sargassum.
Take care, Peace, Bimmy

post edited by Bob in Milw - 2019/05/18 10:40:12

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 11:23:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good (late) morning
Heidi and Pat are out with eldest son taking a hike around Pike Lake State Park. Lovely glacial lake with an observation tower. Chris and I are resting up from the house full last night. Blueberry French toast was a big hit.

Chilly this morning, good weather for a hike (for them!) Will do comfort food tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. Step dogs are here while they are hiking, both are attentively watching the driveway for Mr. Matt to return.

Probably going to skip the cooking and take company to the Hitching Post this evening. They usually take us to their favorite pub in the Philly suburb where they live, so we'll show them ours in Wisconsin.

Have a great time, JJ!
Had some T-storms overnight, more tonight, and it continues tomorrow. Temps only in the upper 40s, had to turn the heat back on a bit to take the chill out of the house. Better forecast for next week.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 11:54:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  46 and cloudy.  Had a great time at the concert.  Loved me some rock & roll and the rain held off.  The Drummer, Jason Bunham, is the son of late Led Zeppelin drummer, John Bunham and, of course, Sammy Hagar was lead with Van Halen for many years. Today is the annual Lexington Square garage sale.  Lots of folks bundled up walking the streets.  Beginning to think the organizer should move this event to June as the weather doesn't seem to play nicely with their mid-May date.  Usually cool and rainy.  Jerry finished the deck yesterday.  Will have to post some picks once I have the rope lights back up along with the flower baskets and new patio furniture.

JJ. safe travels.  Have yourself a fabulous time.  

Badger, heavy rain expected tonight into Sunday.  Brisk winds out of the north next couple of days.

Bernie, sounds like a perfect day for your beach walk.  

Bimmy, enjoyed hanging out with you and Adrienne.

Holly, sounds like a fun event in your hood.  Nice to hear that folks stepped up on their debt obligations.

Cindy, not sure how much you will be utilizing your patio furniture this weekend.  I just turned the furnace on again.  Edit: You snuck in which I was posting.   Enjoy the Post this evening.

PJ, enjoy that great weather.

Bosco, sorry to hear about your Mother.  Prayers sent along with a hug from MN.

Hola to all I've missed.  Happy Saturday! MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/05/18 11:56:25

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 15:50:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
SoSo, that is a LOT of plant boxes are you going to fill them all yourself? Bet you will be glad to see your little Zoey dog.

Nipper, I can see these pictures, they look great, glad you and Ron had a good time.

Beautiful picture of Ori, Ed.

Bernie, the ABR food pics look good, when are you going to put Lillie Mae back into the water? Sounds like your weather is pretty good for the most part, wish you could send some of your high temps my way, only 66 today with possible overnight showers (which are always welcome - well mostly).

Bosco, so very sorry to hear about your mother's declining health. Glad you and Connie were able to get away for a bit and enjoy yourselves. Only stayed at ABR once, back in 2009 during swine flu, usually stayed at HAC. It was the right place for me at the time, and the price was excellent, but I have heard they are getting very expensive these days. Oh well, times change I guess whether we want them to or not.

Hope jj and Mr jj are having a great time in Florida.

Twirley, glad to hear you got 1.5 loans repaid, and good luck with the lottery tickets, you deserve a win. Don't they say things happen in 3s? Sorry to hear things went south with Cammie, you have known each other such a long time.

Ran a few errands yesterday, got hair cut (it was at least 2 weeks overdue and driving me nuts), got some money from bank, and an In n Out cheeseburger, didn't get to carwash yet, will do that Monday.

Hope the Cozumel gang is having a wonderful time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone.

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 17:35:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bosco,
I am so sorry, but glad her suffering will come to an end. This adult child stuff is awful.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/18 19:33:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh my Bosco. So much talk about end of life issues here in Maine. They are trying to legalize terminal patients ending their life (with safeguards in place, of course). I swear, some people just want people to suffer. I have so much respect for the nurse who set up pain relief (morphine) for a family member and told us that if they need pain relief, they can press the button one time, and they'll get a dose. They can even push it twice and they'll get enough to put them to sleep, but whatever happens don't accidentally push it three times, because that will be too much. And then she left the room. This was over 10 years ago. That person elected not to push the button three times, BTW, their choice. 

Now for some good stuff! More snorkeling pictures!
I forget the name of these fish, I think Angel fish that we saw in the surf at Punta Sur:

I just love these queen angelfish with the neon colors!

And these Queen Triggerfish

It was surprisingly difficult to get this picture of a soldier fish over a nest. This is a Sergeant Major who turns blue and protects the nest, seen in purple, and is very aggressive towards other fish.

A rock beauty

Shy guy saying hi from under the coral head

Saw a Blue Spotted Coronetfish

Have a great evening all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 06:00:49 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Sunday.

Bosco, so sorry, hugs my friend.

Bimmy, thanks, I think everybody had a good time in PoMo, it would be nice to find a similar place with no sargasso, lots of cheap eats and easy to get to, but where??

MB, it rained here for most of yesterday, last night and it is continuing to pour down right now. 

Cindy, thanks for the reminder about the blueberry cream cheese French toast, I might have to make it next weekend. No word on the rescue doggie yet, hope to hear something today.

I've got a few inside chores today and then a small tile job to do this afternoon, lots of outside work coming up, I hope the weather cooperates.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 06:19:23 (permalink)
Good Morning
Joe, prayers that your mother goes peacefully.

Weather cleared up enough in the afternoon so that we could enjoy some time out on the deck. Had more rain overnight, and looking at the forecast there is a possibility for rain every day for the entire week ahead. After a delicious dinner (chicken Oscar for me, filet mignon Oscar for Heidi and Pat, and a ribeye for Chris)  we came home and Chris began a tequila tasting. Pulled out all of the top shelf bottles for a taste of each. Think he has made a convert of Patrick. Heidi declined to participate. But it was a fun evening.
Not much planned for today, have to have Heidi and Pat back to the airport around 1pm.
Have a wonderful day!
Cindy
PS- those of you in the central states please stay safe from storms!

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 06:23:42 (permalink)
Paul, the blueberry French toast was a hit. And thanks for checking on the dog.

Video
Pix
YouTube

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 06:55:27 (permalink)
Bosco, may your mother be at peace with no pain and I wish the same for you. Hugs.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 07:13:33 (permalink)
Happy Sunday

Bosco...(((hugs)))

Bimmy...I enjoyed meeting you and Adriene and had a great time as well!

Badger...Ok. Get on it. Find us the sargassum-free shagri la with cheap eats. I'm in!

Maple...I don't ride Chief. He is a pasture pet. Last time he was ridden was in 2000 when he threw my husband. Husband suffered a broken leg/ankle.

MB...your yard is beautiful. I'm still paying for my yard to be mowed. They don't mow it to my liking. I like it short and they leave it too long. They do weed eat though. I got my mower going and it promptly broke again. Think of the nice mower I could have if I didn't have critters

I need to find a new window unit ac for my bedroom. My old one works, but is too noisy. It is old. And heavy!

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 08:14:02 (permalink)
How about something different today? In the morning, around 6 AM, when it is still cool enough, I go for a walk. I can walk north, or I can walk south. So I look for items of interest. A couple days ago, I ventured down an old drive way, and was soon greeted by an old building with the jungle growing around it, then I saw another, and another. 

Today, I took some time to investigate further, and found a total of 12 buildings, all in about the same state, structures up, stone veneer in place but never had any doors or windows or interior finishes. This is between Tortugas Beach Club and Chankanaab. In fact, if you knew they were there, one building is visible from the road. 

Word is they are condos that got started some 15-20 years ago and it was abandoned. The roadway leads to a locals beach that is kinda nice. 

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 08:51:55 (permalink)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy, windy and raining here.   
Yesterday was the perfect day.  Enjoyed spending it with SC and her pets.
There is a makeshift cardboard bunny playpen in the middle of the living room now. 
Cat is shut out of the upstairs area.  Lil doggie is scared of the birds and the bunny.  Prefers to be in the basement.   
SJ was weed whacking all day.  Endless job around here.
Ran to town for graduation cards and a couple of items forgotten when grocery shopping. 
We have a great-niece graduating from nursing school and a great-nephew graduating from high school.
Grilled up steaks and lime marinated chicken breast for dinner.
Served it up with baked potatoes and a salad.  Was a yummy meal. 
That will be SJ's last big meal until Monday afternoon.  Colonoscopy prep to begin at noon today.

Bosco,  so very sorry in regards to your mother's declining health.  Prayers and hugs.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 09:17:29 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning all.

Sunny skies beautiful and bright this AM and it will remain that way all day. Our current temp is 69F at 7:51 and our high will be a comfortable 82 degrees. Beach folks will be very happy today.

Yesterday when I went to Nell's it was packed ! No parking spots out front so I parked the truck in an overflow field with several other trucks. Not one table open inside and only one spot at the counter for BeBe to sit. Poor cooks were swamped and 4 ladies were doing the wait staff. There were several parents with kids that were hungry and the kids were pretty vocal about it. I waited patiently for my eggs and 'woofed' them down and got the heck outta there. The quiet inside my truck was refreshing as I drove to the beach.

The beach was also pretty busy and I had a nice 1 hour walk.  When I got back to my neighborhood I drove over two streets to see if Brooks and his wife Sara (plus their kid with no name) wanted to do a boat ride. Brooks said they couldn't make it as they were having Sara's big birthday party for her 30th, starting at 2 o'clock and running into "who knows when". He invited me to drop by and join the fun.

Brooks and Sara had invited two Mexican families that worked with them; they were bringing cooked food from their house and the B-day theme was "Mexican night" per Sara's request. Sounded like a plan. I showed up at 5 o'clock. Their back yard was decked out with a corn hole game and some Pinatas hanging on the limbs of a big tree. Two pinatas for the kids and one for the adults. A baseball bat was used by both kids and adults. Kids went first and each had two swings; no blindfolds. Candy went flying by the 4th kid's turn. Next it was the adults with one swing each. Big hole punched by 1st person and then the birthday girl was up for her try. Boom. The pinata was split in half and out dropped 50 or so miniature plastic bottles of booze. Too funny. I didn't bring my camera. Rats. Next the adults played a drinking game with 4 pairs on a team. I don't remember what the game was called but each participant had to toss down a couple of swallows of beer in a plastic cup, then place their cup hanging over the lip of the table in an upside down position. Then each team had to 'flip' their cup by hitting the edge of the cup upward and landing the cup on the table in the same upside down position (the large open portion flat on the table). Some did it with one try and others weren't as coordinated. Of course, the drinking continued. Brooks yelled out for me to give it a try and I responded "No thanks".  I had brought the ingredients to make my 'foo-foo' drinks for the ladies that wanted to try it. I started by making my concoction for two of the gals. They disappeared out side and within a few minutes more gals came inside and said "we want one of your drinks too Bernie". Well OK, NOW the party begins. hee,hee. Three rounds of the foo-foo's for 6 people were made and the vodka bottle was almost empty. I left the remaining containers of V8 Splash and Ocean Spray Cran-Pomegranate at the party for others that might want more. My belly was full from the good Mexican food and a total of 4 beers. No way was I going to try to keep up with all those young adults; about 40 people. The music was still going strong when I got back home by 9:30. Slept well with no after effects this morning. I wouldn't want to see how some of those folks looked this AM. hee,hee.

Hey Joe, sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope she will be in a better place soon with no more suffering. Love to you and Connie plus hugs.  Prayers sent for you and your Mom.

Holly, good news you recouped most of your money loaned. I assume you have already decided no mas
loans to them....ever.

Hi Jamie. Believe me, I am anxious to get the Lillie Mae out onto the ICW.  When I talked to Sarah last night at her party I asked about them getting out on the boat with me. She said they would love to do that on a Sat or Sunday, as they work long hours M-F. I said we could do a future weekend but not over the Memorial Day weekend; just too many crazy folks in boats and jet skis at that time.

Thanks for the fishy pictures, Uphill.

Badger, I would go back to PoMo again but only if no more Sargasso. Probably not much chance that all that stuff will disappear in the future. Bummer. 

Hi Beach Billy. Hi PJ.

I have been goofing off. Will post pics from yesterday's beach walk. Probably will pass on the beach today and do my walk around the neighborhood early evening.

Everyone enjoy your day,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 09:19:20 (permalink)
Southern view towards the fishing pier

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 09:21:20 (permalink)
Big groups further North that you can't see in this shot 

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/05/19 09:22:43

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 09:23:56 (permalink)
another windy day

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/19 09:36:06 (permalink)
Morning all

Correct Bernie, no loans to ANYONE ever again.  I may give it away but no loaning.

We survived the storms.  Mostly short rounds of torrential rain.  Some big wind.  More maybe later today thru Tuesday.  
I am hoping to open the pool this week but now it's busy time so I have to wait for my turn.  That's why I usually open it mid April.

Nothing planned today.  
My horse picks yesterday's Preakness didn't pay off.  My #1 was in the lead but faded just before the end.  

Cindy, we did comfort food last night.  Manwich and Mac and cheese.

Hope JJ is enjoying her trip.

My back is now suffering from my too soft bed after the hard rock beds in Mexico.  I feel like Goldilocks!  Wish I could find one that's JUST RIGHT.

Page: << < ..956957958959960.. > >> Showing page 959 of 1032
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5