AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..956957958959960.. > >> Showing page 957 of 961
Author
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 18:28:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening all.  71 and partly cloudy.  Got through the six teeth perio cleaning and back home after a couple of errands afterwards.  Was not as bad as I anticipated.  Recheck in three months.  Got home and tried to have something to eat/drink.  No bueno with the Novocaine.  Threw on a pair of shorts and t-top and headed out back to the rock garden on a mission.  Planted the 24 annuals and then watered them in good.  So glad spring is here and the weather is warming up.  75 tomorrow and 80 on Thursday.  

Thanks for the pics from the kiddos on Coz.  Enjoying all of them on LG and FB.  

Edit: SoSo, glad you didn't get robbed on the new windshield.  Definitely a blind needed on back kitchen window. Say hi to all for me. Gracias.

Crunchie, 7th floor....no wonder my vertigo kicked in.  I checked out a very nice studio at LaBahia on 4th floor and the vertigo hit me bad.  63 steps with an open stairway.  So glad you are in your happy place.  You two love birds look amazing.

Holly, hope you sleep well this evening.  Welcome home.

Yard is starting to perk up.

Hola to all I've missed.  Sama, MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/05/14 18:34:28

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 05:32:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
I am so sorry to hear about Lio. Such a super nice guy. I hope he gets hired some place where they will appreciate him. His father works next door at the Fish Market, perhaps there? But I do like Paul's idea of El Pesquero.

Marathon mowing yesterday. Had maybe 10 more minutes to finish and was just thinking I should check the gas level when the engine sputtered and died. Fortunately Chris had just got home and was hooking the trailer up so we could go and get a load of mulch, so he drove the car and trailer (with the gas) to the "back forty" where the mower was stranded and did a fill up for me. Put the mower away and went with Chris to get the mulch, then got back on the mower and finished the last bit. Should be in the 70s today, so I'll be back to garden cleanup today.
Got the nectar feeders out on Monday and within an hour had several orioles and hummingbirds at them. Orioles were fighting over the orange halves I put out for them. No baby robins as yet, Mama robin gives me the fisheye every time I peek out the window at her. 

Also need to get the deck furniture out of the gazebo and get it set up; unfortunately it looks like it will be a rainy weekend, but maybe the weather guessers will be wrong.
I hear Chris stirring upstairs, so my quiet time is coming to an end. Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 07:29:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Bright sunny skies but a littler cooler, Current temp is 55F at 7:25 and high today only 73 degrees. We should have nice sunshine through Sunday with highs in the mid 80's; maybe 90 on Friday and 92 on Saturday. Winds calming down today on the coast so should be a better day for a walk.

Yesterday, right after I showered and got dressed for the doctor's visit, the phone rang. It was the doctor's office. They had to cancel my appointment as my doctor had to do emergency surgery. Rescheduled for Thursday at 10:30. Oh well. Since I was dressed and ready I went to Nell's for a short stack of pancakes. Afterwards I went to the beach and finished a 1 hour 15 minute walk. It was a little 'push' after just two days back into walking but I felt good. It was windy but a great sunny walk. A few more folks were sunning and a couple fishermen casting into the surf. Saw one guy pull in a small shark. Probably a "sand shark" or maybe a "dog fish". I didn't stop to look closer at it.

Today I plan to walk again on the beach. Winds are forecast to be only 5 mph and low tide peaks at 12:30.
Should be a perfect time for my walk right after brunch at Nell's. After my walk I will wash off the screen porch. I noticed the vertical support screen brackets are covered with dirt and pollen. The yellow pine tree pollen season is about done.

SoSo, very good to hear the glass replacement wasn't too pricey. Thank you for the complement on Ocean Isle Beach. You and Glen should plan a visit to OIB. You have a really cheap place to stay and Trump never goes to my beach ! hee,hee

MB, your back yard looks great !

Cindy, I forget how many acres you have to cut ? Does the John Deere tank usually hold enough gas to do the job ? 

Crunch, you taking any pictures this trip ?  You know, the kind that you can post on the BC ? hee,hee.

Holly should be going to the airport soon. Have a good flight !

Coffee done and I will post my beach pictures from yesterday. See y'all later
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 08:02:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
nice view to the South

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 08:04:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
and a great view to the North

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 09:03:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning
I got home 30 minutes early. DELTA!  Not sure how that happened but we touched down at 6.  Cancun departure was a few minutes early because everyone was on board and same in Atlanta.  No tarmac waiting taking off or landing.  I'm sorry for those who got stuck.  I would never fly AA (pun intended) unless there wasn't any choice.  Did anyone have trouble on another airlines? 

The dogs and cats were ecstatic.  I was met at the door by Pearl, Margarita and Chili.   Pearl eventually pulled me on the floor with her where I was trampled and rolled on.  However the happiest to see me, I believe, was Beep Tweet, the bird!  She heard my voice and went crazy calling and singing.  She lets me pet her all over her small body including her breast and tummy now.  Chris is jealous because she won't let him do that and she still bites him.  He wears a leather glove to handle her.  Today I'm going to get her out of her cage on my bare hand.  He says she will bite me and not behave.  I think not.

Lots to do.  The sun is shining and the temperature will be in low to mid 80's.  It hasn't been as nice since I left.  Low last night was 66.  Three days ago they set a record low here.  It rained almost every day.   Rain and storms coming back Saturday evening.

Camaro is still in the shop.  The few scratches in the paint were repaired.  The 2 wheels I scratched up are too bad to buff out so I'll consider new wheels.  Going to look at other choices rather than the stock ones on it now.  Any suggestions?  I kinda like spokes...

Better get busy.
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 09:51:09 (permalink)
0 (2)
Buenas Dias

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 10:01:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Storms rolling through here. 
Twirls, Sweet welcome home from all the pets.
I have nada of interest.  Will be parked in the  basement with
scared lil doggie as long as the thunder continues.   
Have a great day everyone!

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 13:41:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
A few pic from Puerto Morelos

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29457
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 17:52:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bernie
I would pos pics, but my brain left the building and sand gravity has invaded😂😄
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 18:59:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Currently a beautiful 75 degrees.  Lots of errands this morning and bought some more flowers for potted plants. Had some rain in the wee morning hours so my painter did not return today to work on deck.  The 7 day outlook looks like more of the same with rain again this evening.   Will wait to see what happens.  Did a bit of a clean-up late afternoon around the deck getting the bigger paint chips out of the grass before the rain hits.  Just felt good to be outside doing something.  80 tomorrow.
And, got Maya up to Vet's for nail clipping and to check out a small sore on her chin.  I noticed it a while back.  Vet tech cleaned it was some hydrogen peroxide and told me to keep tabs on it and try to apply the same couple of times a day.  Think she cut herself somehow and it is healing, kinda like a pea size scab. 

Bernie, looks like more folks are enjoying the beach as of late.  Looks lovely.  Good luck tomorrow at doctor appointment.

PJ, not much new around here either.  Just plugging away to get these spring projects completed.

Holly, what a nice reunion with the fur friends.  You were most certainly missed.  That birdie loves you too.

Crunchie, you are now in your element.  No photos needed.  Just enjoy your much needed beach time.  Hugs.

Cindy, I am jealous.  I put a half orange out as well as humming bird feeder when I returned. No sighting as of yet.  I did buy another HB feeder today at Walmart.  When the deck is finished, I will put out my shepherd's pole with the new feeder with a great view from my kitchen window over the sink.  

Just waiting on my painter's son-in-law to take a look at the Honda.  Should be here shortly.  He has a big butt truck but wants an economical car to drive for a job to Red Wing.  He just left and will let me know.  That's all I got.  On to grilling a chicken breast with fresh green beans and a wild rice blend.  Later, MB

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 20:28:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Had another good day of snorkeling. First thing this morning, however, I walked down to the Landmark Resort, across from the Money Bar. It's always 5 o'clock there!

Saw this flounder

And Ray!

and a big ole Green Moray eel

I've tried for years to get a decent photo of a Black Durgeon:

Lovin life,
Bob

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/15 20:32:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The Money bar is known for the money embedded in the tables with resin:

A juvenile French Angel fish

Banded Butterfly fish, often seen in pairs

Puff

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 05:46:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Thirstday.

Still having trouble with long posts, so...

Crunch, glad you are enjoying!

SoSo, are those booms working well?

Twirls, I'll try to call you later today.

C&C, yes, I think we can do Boat Drinx tonight.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 06:30:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
My luck has run out. Don't think I've had a cold in maybe 10 years, but I sure do now. Face feels like a brick. Sneezing, runny nose, coughing...and really poor timing. Need to make a Costco run for weekend supplies, picking up Heidi and Patrick at the airport tomorrow, and tons to do inside and outside.

Last night I looked at the humane society website and they had a 4 month old pup...Australian cattle dog mix. We jumped in the car and went to go meet him. Unfortunately, it turns out he was recently returned, for biting. I know it is just normal puppy being mouthy, but he drew blood. And he is very high energy. I just don't think he is the one. I know I could train him, but I just don't think it's a good idea with the grandkids... They had some little lab-mix puppies, too, but they had just had their neutering surgeries and it was near closing time, so we couldn't meet them.

MB, lots of rain in the forecast for us, too. But I did get all the deck furniture out in case the weather guessers are wrong.

Lots of excitement around here with the NBA playoffs; would be nice to see the Bucks bring home a championship. "Fear the Deer" signs are everywhere.
Paul, talk to you tonight.
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 06:57:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Another beautiful sunny morning this AM. Current temp is 59F at 7:09 and the high today 80 degrees.

Yesterday I went to Fibber McGees for lunch. Both Nell's and The Dawg House are closed on Wednesdays.
Got to the beach at 1 o'clock, did a full one hour walk and was home by 2:30. Cleaned the screened porch and decided to take a little nap.

Today is the ortho doctor's appointment at 10:30. Not much time to goof off this morning. Nothing else planned except put out the trash.

Welcome home Twirls.

Interesting looking "barrier thing", SoSo. Where is that located ?

I fully understand, Crunch. You deserve all the sand gravity that you can handle !

MB, hope that sore on Maya's chin will turn out OK.

Thanks for the pictures, PJ.

You too, Bob. The 'real' money at the Money Bar is in the cash register. Nice pics.

Good to see you posting a bit, Badger.

Bummer on your cold, Cindy. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Time to get the trash out and get cleaned up. I forgot to bring my camera along on yesterday's beach walk. I'll post some more PoMo pictures for everyone.

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 07:03:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
most of the gang

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 07:07:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 07:07:49 (permalink)
0 (2)
LIONS, TIGERS AND BEARS, OH MY!  Fins to the left...   
That was dinner last night!  Went to dinner with our usual 4 some.  Angela is a very active RIGHTS ACTIVIST.  Missouri is voting to take women's rights backwards.  I know what I think but I do not profess to know what's morally right.  Angela was so steamed up that you could feel the fire.  Although I took the brunt of it, simply because I voiced an opinion while the 2 others were smart enough to stare at the floor and pretend to not hear.  I wasn't upset.  I thought this was a short discussion of opinions among friends, not a heated debate.  The 3 of us tried to change the subject several times but no matter the subject, she took the opposite direction and headed straight for a different argument.  I'm not sure whether it was TOTALLY the MO abortion laws or something else but it was intense and we had to finish and leave.  She was brutal.  If she hadn't been so serious about every issue, I would have started laughing.  I'm afraid someone would have had to get a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze.

Meanwhile...it's great weather.  Going to be mid to upper 80's.  The Camaro is done but needed some detail clean up so I can pick it up today.  Need to go to the grocery store and I have to find a decent inexpensive summer purse.  I'm not allowing myself to buy another fancy painted Anuschka at this time.  Priorities!  

Crunch and UHK, glad you all are having a great time.  Crunch, you don't need to post pics or a report.  Bob has it covered, thankfully.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 08:11:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, I'm so sorry about the cold.  Probably picked it up from the airport or planes.  I know people look at me crazy when I pull out my sanitizer wipes and start swabbing down my area but it's necessary to me.

Disappointing about the pup.  Pearl was beginning that biting behaviour and did bite me.  Hence the shock collar as disciplinary action instead of a mild spanking.  She's absolutely turned around and a very well behaved girl now.  She was incredibly high energy but that also has tempered.  She's 17 months old now.  

Menards has finally located an order I placed online weeks ago so going to pick it up this morning.  Then grocery shopping.

Poor Ann was so upset after dinner last night that she was throwing up a night.  We LOL about when it might be safe to go "back in the water".
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 09:52:02 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky and sunshine.  High of 85F expected.  Warming up!  
Made all the appointments with doctors for 6-month checkups yesterday. 
Had to cancel heart doc appt. due to lack of vehicle before vacation.
Lung doc moved his office to another town.  Had to make appt. with the new office.  
Vision has changed. Time for an eye exam and new glasses.  Was able to get eye appointment for this afternoon.
Will do the grocery shopping after eye appt.  
SC has done it again.  Meet my new grandbunny, Juniper.  

Cindy,  sorry you caught a cold.  Bummer.

MB,  yard looks so nice.  

Twirls,  one of my great nieces was spewing fire on FB last night over the same subject.
Maybe I am old fashioned.  But not a subject for the dinner table.  Especially in a restaurant.

Bernie, hope your doctor's appointment goes well.  Nice beach pics.  Such a beautiful beach
to take your walks on.  

Badger,  thanks again for the afternoon at the ballpark.  Prior to this trip, my husband didn't
really understand my love for Mexico.  He told me this trip would be my last for a long while.
SJ was really touched by what took place at the ballpark.  When we returned to the hotel.  
He told me that he gets it now.  Already talking about our next trip to PoMo.  

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 10:29:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Buenas Dias BCrs its  29.7C with 79% humidity in Akumal

Pablo not sure how the barrier is working in PoMo.  The other yellow one prior to this blue barrier did help a bit when we were there the time before.  Fingers crossed it will help.

Cindy feel better soon, a good record @ 10 yrs.  The right pup will jump out at you soon, happy hunting.  One more week and we will be puppy parents, can't wait.  

MB we leave late Sunday, it is always a PITA a much longer travel time coming back than going.  The wind has stopped here and we are watching ppl snorkelling directly in front.

PJ hope your to do list isn't too long.  Know our list is already huge and we are travelling again 2 days after we get back home, road trip. So glad to hear SJ would do MX again, was this his first trip?   Juniper is awfully cute.

Crunch, nice view!  Bet you can spot lots of rays and turtles from up that high.  Love sand gravity, hope you get lots.

Twirls I do the same thing with disinfecting our area in the plane, don't care what others think.  During the travel back will swab with polysporin to stop my nose from breaking and falling off.  

BeBe nice to be back on your walking routine I bet. Thought you would recognize the HM which you stayed at in the photo's background, it's behind a sargasso barrier now. The red roof should give it away.

Susy your home I hope. Those delays were NUTS.

Mapes you settling into routine too?

Nice pix Bobski

Everyone make it a good day.  We are off for a little walk and then lunner at a restaurant if it's not to stinky.  We had to forego our Lolha dinner due to the stink and rolled up to LBV it was better there s
sargasso was removed.  Currently there is huge raft of it coming into HMB, relentless.   

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 11:59:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
SoSo,  SJ never wanted to stay anywhere but the all-inclusive resorts.
He has been to Mexico many times.    

UpHill,  Love the sea life pics!  

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13724
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 13:16:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
While in Akumal, Ron was diving with Natalie and Ivan. He had planned 6 days and went all 6, no cancellations for seaweed or weather. He spotted lionfish for them to spear.

One day he and Natalie found a wreck and sunken treasure. The wreck was the canopy that had blown off a fishing boat and the treasure was 2 rods and reels that were attached to it. The treasure was returned to the boat owner, along with directions on where to find the canopy so it could be removed from the reef.
Ron carried the treasure while Natalie continued to hunt lionfish.

post edited by nipper - 2019/05/17 10:11:45

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3795
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/16 16:32:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi all, thanks for all the great pictures, MB, Bernie, PJ, Bobski and many others.

MB, you have a beautiful lawn but boy is it huge, no wonder you spend so much time mowing and working in your garden.

Cindy, so sorry to hear about your cold, hope it gets better. Can Chris maybe do the airport run, or the folks take an Uber or cab and you pay for it? Airports are so full of germs. Let us all know what kind of dog you end up with.

PJ, cute animal, a wabbit?

Twirls, glad Pearl has settled down now, she sure sounded pretty high energy for you when you first got her. Glad you got home safely. Talking politics over dinner is just plain rude, sorry but that is how I feel.

We had some showers this morning and winds are blowing like crazy now.

Bernie, hope your Dr. appt. went OK today, keep us all posted.

My Dr. appt. yesterday was a bust, went for a refill on my Tramadol, face to face visit is now required. Dr. told me she could not refill my Rx, first I have to visit a pain management clinic before she can issue the script. Apparently this is yet another new regulation to prevent me from becoming a raging dope fiend who takes the horrible amount of 50mg Tramadol 2-3 times per week. Very frustrating. I will play the game this time, but does anybody have suggestions of using CBD instead, preferably via pill form? My sister told me she got some CBD cream from Amazon and it helps her RA some.

Keep on having a wonderful time in Cozumel, Bob and friend, also crunch and Tomas.
Page: << < ..956957958959960.. > >> Showing page 957 of 961
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5