AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..956957958959960.. > >> Showing page 956 of 961
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 07:40:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 07:42:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 07:43:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 07:45:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
That's all for the crawl.

Weekend at Bernie's
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 08:27:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Monday

Boo the cat is doing well. thanks for asking. Now Chief the horse is gimpy again. Farrier going to try and make it by today. I am animal weary. I love them, but ....

What wonderful pictures everyone has posted.  The one of C&C is my fave.

I had to turn my furnace back on Cool, damp and windy. I HATE WIND!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

Not sure what I'm doing today. Depends on when Oscar the farrier arrives. 

Have a great day everyone. I'm ready for another trip! You all are one funny group of people

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 09:45:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!  
Sunny with a high temp of 66F today.  Turned on the furnace last night. 
By the time we got out of the Nashville airport on Saturday evening, it was already
after 7 p.m.  Then on to SC's apartment to pick up our vehicles.  She wasn't packed to come home with us. 
As was the plan.  Plus she was hungry and SJ had promised to take us out to eat before the two-hour
drive home.   It was raining and I do not see well at night.  Especially in the rain. 
So I pulled the common sense card.   Told SJ to go on home in the truck and retrieve the pets.  
He did not want to spend the night in Nashville. 
Told SC I was just going to stay the night and spend Mother's Day with her.  Then drive home late Sunday afternoon. 
SC and I went to eat dinner at a lovely little Greek restaurant she had discovered in Nashville.  Delicious!
After SJ left, realized I had nothing in the way of clothes or personal care items. He took it all with the luggage. 
SC insisted on running to Walmart for night clothes and clean clothes for Sunday. 
Gave me a toothbrush and toothpaste kit she had gotten from the dentist.  Took great care of me.
She made me feel very special and loved.   So enjoyed my time with her.     
All worked out for the best.  Got back to the house a little after 6 p.m. last night.  
Received a very enthusiastic welcome home from the cat and dog.  Spent a long time just soaking in
all the amazing love the two of them were expressing for me.  There was no doubt they missed their mama.  
Back in the real world now.  Wash machine is cranking.  Putting away the suitcases. 

C&C,  wonderful picture of the two of you! 

Crunch,  so happy you are able to snorkel and really enjoyed your time in Cozumel. 
Amazing recovery.  You look gorgeous!  

Uphill,   you are getting in some great snorkel sightings.   Awesome! 

Bernie,  wonderful pictures!

Twirls,  wishing you safe travels home tomorrow.  Hugs

Everyone have a great day! 

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/05/13 09:49:25

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 13:50:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I had heard rumors of Chicago Craig and his family were going to show up at PoMo.  Did they make it?
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 16:11:51 (permalink)
0 (2)
Frank, yes, Craig and his wife were there for a few days, as were Tony & Joanne from Chicago.

Wag more....bark less.
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 16:12:33 (permalink)
0 (2)
CallMeFrank
I had heard rumors of Chicago Craig and his family were going to show up at PoMo.  Did they make it?

Si Frank, CC and his lovely wife Margaret were there. And as a bonus, so were Tony and Joanne!

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 18:00:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  65 and partly sunny,  Trip to bank and compost site early.  Got home and Jerry had arrived to power wash the deck.  I was on a mission to get the lawn mowed so we worked around each other early on which worked out fine.  He will be back Wednesday and Thursday to finish the job.  I finished the trimming, etc. and then drove up the hill to put some gas in Honda and more lawn mower gas.  Shower felt great afterwards.

BeachBilly, Good to hear Boo is fine.  Hope your horse is going to be okay. 

Holly, hope you've had a beautiful day.  Smooth travels manana.

Hola, Badger. 

Bob, really enjoying your snorkeling pics.  Gracias.

Crunchie, what floor are you on.  I was having vertigo watching your Sunday video.

Cindy, you are definitely the guru of plants and trees.  Weather is improving here as well finally.  This will be the first year that I plant annuals in the rock garden at the rear of the lawn since Paul died.  That was always his gig for me.

Welcome home PJ.  What a great day with your daughter not to mention the fur friend reunion when home.  

Bernie, hope you enjoyed Nell's and your beach walk.  Did you get the lawn cut?  Second cutting for me....Ha, ha. 

Peggy Lipton and Doris Day left this earth today.  Wow....oldies but goodies.  Have a beautiful evening.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/13 23:17:10 (permalink)
0 (2)
It was a very dramatic day here in Hotel Soap Opera.  It was like a tacky reality show with multiple stories, rumours, misinformation, misinterpretation.   I'm not sure exactly what happened but being in the hospitality industry, in the lower and higher end, gave me some insight.  Not sure I'll be back after this but I hope whatever the issue REALLY is gets resolved.  I wasn't"in trouble" for anything.  Mainly I believe it boils down to Lio and a couple of other servers getting more attention and tips than the head female server plus that we included Lio for lunch for his birthday.  I think it got reported as Lio acted as our guide for cash...which is certainly not true.
Enough.

Anyway I have a cab at 9:40.  Flight is 11:25.  I'm 90% packed except for things I need in the morning.
Goodnight

I finished another book today trying to forget the crap and relax.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 05:25:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Sheesh, Holly. You are a drama magnet. (just kidding). I do hope Lio's job is secure, and there are no repercussions for him. I'd hate to think that a bunch of old gringos like us got him in trouble, however innocently. He's a nice guy with a beautiful singing voice. Safe travels today!

Did not accomplish as much as I wanted to yesterday, hoping today goes better. I did make a stop at the garden center and scored the coleus that I wanted for the 2 porch pots for the deck. They are the dark red ones that get to be close to 3 feet tall and branch out nicely to fill the whole pot. Also got some annuals. But forgot to use my gift card!  Lots of garden clean up still to accomplish, and grass needs mowing.

Last night Chris and I got caught up on Game of Thrones. I tried to spot Aaron Rodgers but never did see him. He is a huge fan of GOT, and was thrilled to get a cameo spot as a Targarian soldier, but that's all it was, and he was one among hundreds. Only one more show and then it is over.

MB, bittersweet on the rock garden. I know he'll be smiling down on you.

That's all I've got for now, have a beautiful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 06:59:31 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Twosday.

I also hope that Lio's job is secure, what a great kid. Twirls, if you happen to hear that he has been let go please let me know, I might be able to get him a job at El Pesquero.

I've been thinking a lot about the trip to PoMo, thanks again everyone, so much fun!

Sunny & 60s today, with a chance of rain later.

Lots of work lined up, I'd better get at it.

Wag more....bark less.
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 07:24:25 (permalink)
Happy Tuesday

Poor Susy and Tim are STILL stuck in Dallas! 

Badger...I keep thinking of the trip too. We just have to do it again. Sooner than later. Maybe stay elsewhere if that's how they treat a great employee.

Sun is shining today. WooHoo. Yard work for sure today.

Chief the horse had an abscess in his front fight hoof. Farrier opened it up and drained some yuck out, then wrapped it. 

Have a great day everyone!

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 07:47:01 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Very nice and bright skies this AM and will be a great day for the beach goers. Cooler temperatures from the cold front that moved into the area. The current temp is 67F at 8:00. High today 74 degrees.

Got the grass cut and finished around noon. Lawn mower was running perfect. After cleaning up I didn't feel like eggs at Nell's and changed my mind for those good chicken fingers at Fibber McGees. After lunch headed to my favorite walking spot on Ocean Isle Beach. Did a little over an hour and it felt good to be back to some exercise. Oddly, there weren't very many people on the beach; perhaps due to the very windy conditions.

Today I have my appointment with the Orthopedic doctor at Emerge Ortho. He will review the disc that was provided to me by Brunswick Hospital on my MRI of right shoulder ( hospital and independent ortho are not in the same medical group ). Other than visit to doctor, nothing else planned.

Safe travels tomorrow, Holly.

Badger, good to see you back on the morning breakfast club. Nice time in PoMo.

BB, glad to hear that Chief will be better soon.

Hi to everyone else on the BC. Need to get ready for doctor's. I'll post some of my beach pictures and then must scoot.

See y'all tomorrow.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 07:48:13 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Lio was fired.  I've heard 3 or 4 different stories as to exactly what happened but it certainly sounds like head server, Mildred, got jealous and started talking smak about him the last several days.  Enrique kind of reinforced my suspicion with his story although he apparently believes Mildred. Most servers didn't agree.  
After I was seen talking with Enrique and Francisco, later Mildred and Mr Swish (aka Joseu or Josh, were on duty for the evening.  I was completely ignored.  I asked for a menu and never received it.  I finally went and got one.  Mr Swish had forgotten me.  They were both on their phones.  Then no-one ever came to take my order.  I was completely ignored.  I finally went to the Chedruari. I saw Enrique coming back and almost exploded while I explained.  I've never been treated so rudely in a restaurant anywhere.
I'll be emailing corporate when I return.

Need to shower and finish up.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 07:48:39 (permalink)
Looking South on OIB

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 07:51:00 (permalink)
wind pushing waves

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/05/14 07:54:29

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 07:55:48 (permalink)
looking North

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 07:58:11 (permalink)
high tide. Notice there is NO Sargasso

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 08:04:52 (permalink)
Good morning.  A beautiful 50 with a high of 70 expected. 

Holly, I am very sorry to hear about Lio and the way you were treated at the restaurant on your last evening.  Safe travels today.

Badger, have a great day.

BeachBilly, glad Chief is on the mend.

Susy, hope you and Tim make it home soon.

Bernie, beautiful ocean pics.  Thanks.  Hope for good news on the shoulder(s).

Cindy, I hope to get my hands in some dirt today.

I gotta run.  I have a perio cleaning at 9.  Hope everyone has a beautiful day.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/05/14 08:06:17

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 09:24:21 (permalink)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky and sunshine here.  With a high temp of 71F.
Slowly trying to get my head into life at home.  Making a list of things that need to be done.
Planning trip to the grocery store.   Making appointments that were put off until after vacation.
Look for hanging flowers pots and flowers for the porch pots.

Holly,  so sorry about Lio losing his job and the way you were treated last night.
Wishing you smooth travels today. 

Hope everyone has a great day. 

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 16:40:26 (permalink)
Had some shrimp tacos today for the first time. Wow, those are good!
I also learned that we had resort credits since we booked this trip before the first of the year, $50.00 a day. I can see a lot of lobster in my future!!!

Snorkeling was good today.

You can see the juvenile French Angelfish still has his yellow stripes. they go away soon. As a young fish, they are black with yellow stripes.

Lovin life,
Bob

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 16:49:28 (permalink)
Buenas Tardes, humidity 80%

Thanks Cindy for the correction on the tropical, glad you liked my photos.  Think you were talking to Susy and Tim (who had me in stitches too at the Paradise meet up). 

Oh Susy, feel so very sorry for your delays on the return trip, one reason we do direct flights.

BeBe bet you are glad to be home, love your beach.

SC is so wonderful to make your Mothers Day special PJ, funny about your luggage and of course the unconditional love of your critters.

Up to Playa for the windshield replacement today, if you ever run into this issue while in MX we can let you know where to go. $140 dollars or $3700P is a lot better than if we took the car back - they wanted $5000.00 USF if they were to replace it...   Huge difference. (loss of use, et al)  Still cheaper than paying for a glass and tire rider @ 10 bucks a day on a long term rental.  Anyhow, part of the adventure, albeit stressful.  Was waiting for the extortion part, got lucky!

Bobski did you run into Mr and Ms Crunchie yet?  Wow a squadron of eagle rays!!

Hola SNF, Jamie, Nipper, Tejas, Anniefrog, St Heidi

BB glad Boo is better, -but the abscess thing is a pita - lots of soaking and packing.  Is this the horse that foundered?

Reading that they are going to try again with Sargasso barriers in PoMo, and now have a new piece of removal machinery.  Losing tourism sucks.

MB new blind installed over sink and wait - new frying pans - soooo much better.  Amazed at how hot it can get without that blind.

Twirls sorry to hear about your waiter friend, he had an excellent voice.
Everyone else make it a gooder.

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29457
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/05/14 17:57:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
7th floor MB. The top of the world.

Very sorry to hear about Lio. Badger is on it I hope. That is how he rolls. I hate drama.

We hung with Bob and his lovely lady yesterday and tomorrow we will do the Palancar trip together.

Page: << < ..956957958959960.. > >> Showing page 956 of 961
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5