AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..946947948949950.. > >> Showing page 947 of 961
Author
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 04:36:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Thirstday.

So sorry for your loss, Frank.

Terrible news about that poor child in Illinois.

Twirls, take it easy these next few days, vacation come soon.

Bernie, yes, I'm glad to have my laptop up & running, been a PITA without it.
Babs and I are getting excited  about the trip and seeing so many of our amigos again. 4 more days, 4 more days.

Chris, now that you have your new laptop I suppose you will be posting more?

Mb, yes, I have missed a lot here on the BC, but it is difficult for me to use the desktop early in the morning because it's location means that I might wake Babs.

SoSo, I am a bit confused, is VSD heading back home tomorrow and then coming back to Mexico next week?

Weather has been typical spring, with lots of rain Sunday into Monday, but supposed to hit mid 60s and sunny today. I think the ice finally left the bay yesterday. Looks like most of the summer birds are back and the local wild turkeys have been visiting our yard. We've seen one big tom turkey in full strut several times. 

Phone has been ringing a lot with people wanting jobs done, I'll be a busy boy the next few days.

Hola to those I've missed!

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 05:33:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning
Nice to have you back, Pablo.
Yes, so sad about little AJ. Just cannot wrap my head around killing your own child. But also in the news this week was the prosecution and conviction of a drug company CEO who was dumping massive amounts of opioids on the market. Maybe, just maybe, other drug companies will clean up their act now... this business of chasing the almighty $ is at the root of addicted suburban parents. I have a high school friend who lives in Crystal Lake, and we drive through it often when we travel to Illinois; it is mostly a very upscale community that has seen a boom in population in the last 20 years or so, has quadrupled in size. I'm also fairly familiar with the area around Woodstock where the body was found. Just too sad. I am babysitting  a while with Didi this morning, that little girl is in for some major hugs and kisses from GaGa today.

Frank, condolences to you and your longtime friend. More sadness.

Significantly colder this morning. Had to break down and turn the heat back on. Can't have little Didi shivering. Still calling for snow in the weekend forecast.

Yes, it is so nice to have Chris back at his own desk on his own laptop. And for those of you suggesting hearing aids and headphones, he has both. Our TV isn't Bluetooth compatible, anyway.  Anymore, we seldom watch TV together. I watch my recorded shows on TV, he stays in the den and watches Netflix, or currently, old reruns of The Sopranos.

Well, I need to get going on some laundry and try and have most of it done before DIL drops Didi here. (DIL has OBGYN appointment at "our" hospital, she is sticking with the Dr. who delivered Didi. And I applaud that decision. That Dr. is probably the best in the state for at-risk pregnancies, I hear nothing but accolades about her.) But, also hope there are no future pregnancies, my son and his wife are not young anymore. Even if it is tough to realize MY kids are in their 40s!

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29457
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 06:44:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
That is so sad Frank. Prayers said. Not right to have to bury ones child.

Bernie - those are some nice looking peckers you have.......

Jamie - I would have eaten all those fries LOL! To bad they do not re-heat well.

JJ - I hear you. I am getting to that point also 16 days out.

Quatro dias mas Pablo!!!!  Glen already went home and will now be coming back from Canada.

MB - I too love when the grass turns green and all the trees fill out again. So much nicer.
post edited by crunch - 2019/04/25 06:47:52
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 07:18:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Sunny skies this AM with periods of clouds today. Current temp 64F at 7:17. High today 80 degrees.

Yesterday I did grocery shopping and got gas at the Lowe's Food station. I had 30 cents off per gallon rewards which brought the price down to $2.05. Pricing around here has gone way up ( tourist season ).

Today I need to find out if Andrea wants me to bring my mower over to her house today or tomorrow. I'm supposed to cut her lawn which is mosly weeds. She will need to buy her own mower upon return from Mexico, as my mower has a heavy steel deck and it takes two to load/unload into my truck.

Hey Badger, that 4 more days has a nice ring to it. Don't push yourself too hard as you may need the strength to survive PoMo. hee,hee.

Cindy, please enjoy your time with little Didi.  A few cute pictures would be nice, as she is such a ham for the camera. Nice to hear that Chris has his new laptop.

Crunch, that sounded a little dirty. hee,hee. I might as well post my dirty picture that I mentioned earlier this week.

Hi to Jamie,MB, PJ and jj.

Oops, need to get the trash and recycle cans out.

Hello to everyone.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 07:20:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
dirty birds. ha,ha

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 07:58:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with T-storms coming in soon.
Up and running early today.  Lil doggie going to get groomed.
My hair needs trimming as well.  Then shopping at Wally World.  

Frank,  so very sorry.  Hugs

Everyone have a great day!   

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 09:46:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Frank, I agree and my sympathies to the family.  Couldn't be anything worse than losing a child.

AJ is in a better place than where he was apparently but so horrible.  

Badger, glad you finally got a charge and Chris is made whole AGAIN.  I'm thankful my poor old Kindle keeps working.  

My TV problem turned out to be a tiny switch that got turned off and it's located on the back of the wireless box in Chris's room.  He must have accidentally bumped it.  

I've been having the strangest dreams with political figures.  Yesterday I woke up after a dream that Trump was in Mexico (LOL)  at a hotel where I was, and I asked him if I could trim his hair!!???!!!   This morning it was the Obama family at a hotel where I was, having movie night in a private theater room. ???  I have no idea why or where those are coming from.

It's raining here.  Not going to be nice today.  Yesterday the barometric pressure started dropping and I started hurting.  The window washer is here.  He doesn't do the screens so Chris is following him around and doing the screens.  Chris is NOT HAPPY as he's darting in and out of the rain but the screens are yellow with pollen.  It should be good timing since it's supposed to rain for a week and by then most of the pollen should be gone.  

You all play nice today.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 10:49:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
FYI, DON'T ever buy a Samsung refrigerator!  I have 2 and I started having problems with both as soon as the warranty was over.  Now the only Samsung repair people are refusing to work on Samsung brand refrigerators or they are 8 weeks out with repair booking and the other Samsung refrigerator repair technicians in this area are refusing to work on them anymore.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 12:35:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Yikes on the fridge Twirley.

Why do people, especially parents ever touch meth? One try and they are hooked and it makes human beings into non-human beasts capable of unbelievable horrors. One look at that poor boys mom and you know what the issue was. If must do drugs plenty of others that will not turn you into a non-human at least. Ok. Rant over.

Love that pic Bernie. You sure are good to Andrea. Wanna come by and do ours while you have the mower out?
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 12:48:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
TwirleyB
FYI, DON'T ever buy a Samsung refrigerator!  I have 2 and I started having problems with both as soon as the warranty was over.  Now the only Samsung repair people are refusing to work on Samsung brand refrigerators or they are 8 weeks out with repair booking and the other Samsung refrigerator repair technicians in this area are refusing to work on them anymore.

My sister had the exact same problem.  Told her not to buy one with a million buttons that could go wrong (advice from my fix it appliance guy) but she insisted.  Broke right after warranty expired.  $5,400 frig down the drain.  Feel sorry for her, glad it wasn't my $5,400

Thanks for all the condolences for my friends.  Going to be a rough visitation and funeral.  Everyone loved that kid.  Although he was Tom's stepson, Tom was so proud to be his stepfather.  Bragged on Colton constantly.  Colton also made fast friends with Tom's kids who were 8 and 10 years older.  He sure is going to be missed.
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/04/25 12:58:15
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 13:40:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Back home from my first round of errands.  
Groceries put away.   I need a sit-down and a cold bubba mug of water.
Then go back to town and pick up lil doggie from the groomer.
If I would have known the groomer would be done so quickly.  Would have just dawdled in town a bit longer.
Usually not done until 4:00 p.m. 
Got my hair trimmed....hmmm it is very short.  She took off a lot more than requested 1/2 inch. 
Oh, well won't take long to fix or dry.   

Frank, I can only imagine that Colton's family and friends are heartbroken.  So sad. 

My heart breaks for the little boy in Illinois as well.  Reminds me of the case in Dickson, TN.
They still haven't found that little boy's body.  Though the parents are charged with his murder. 
Meth and drugs are the demons in that case too.   
My nephew and his wife in Oklahoma just adopted 3 of their grandchildren.  Guess their son and DIL
could not give up the drugs.  There is also a baby which was adopted by another member of the family.
So at least he will get to see his siblings often.  It is a sad situation.  But at least these 4 children are out of harm's way. 
Thankful for that.

Hug the ones you love...tomorrow is not promised.    

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 16:10:29 (permalink)
+3 (3)
PJ---Sounds like you come from an outstanding family who steps up when things need to be done.  Sorry to hear about drugs invading your family.    Nephew and wife are lucky to have someone to take their kids so the kids have a chance of a normal life. As for the baby, I think his siblings will shower him with love. Do they live close? Something tells me the baby's siblings won't be the only one smothering him with love.  Do they live close to you?  May God watch over all 4 of them.  Life didn't bless them with a perfect hand but one that is playable with a support team like your family.   Will keep them in my prayers.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 16:40:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Frank,  I don't know how close the family member who adopted the baby lives to
my nephew and his wife.  But I see pictures on FB of both households together for
birthday parties and such.  
This part of my family lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  So not close enough for me to visit.
Otherwise, Great Auntie PJ would be helping out.  

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 17:00:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon.  68 and sunny.  Errands done this morning and then catching up with various sundry things.  The guy I've hired for replacing some rotten wood on the deck wants to start next Tuesday, which I am fine with weather permitting.  He has got to do his thing before the other guy does the power washing and staining.  Tomorrow afternoon I need to pick up new deck furniture.  The kiddo that helps me out here will meet me at store with his pickup and bring it back here for me.  Then afterwards will change the oil in the rider and push mower.  I will store the new stuff in garage until the deck project is finished.

Frank, I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of Colton.   I'm sure your friendship will prove to be immeasurable during this very difficult time for Tom and his family.  A big long distance hug sent your way.

Cindy, hope you had a fun time with Didi today.  

PJ, so sad about that little boy.  God's love will shelter him going forward.

Bernie, when you get done helping out Andrea and Crunchie with their lawns, please head up north.  Almost time for the first cut. 

Badger, I'm sure you are inundated with people wanting to get on your schedule.  Dang.....I had all these bids last fall thinking I would be first in line.....so, I will be patient between the weather and their schedules and everyone wants their home improvements done before graduations now.  You'll be ready for PoMo.

BeachBilly, are you getting excited about your upcoming trip?  Hope so.

Holly, glad you got the TV issue resolved.  Major bummer on the Samsung fridg.  I've been super happy with my GE profile french door.   My Whirlpool fridg which I bought 25 years ago bis still going strong in the garage.  Knock on wood now that I've made those statements.  

Other than that, was amazed that my neighbor Jim's home was entirely re-roofed in one day.  Large two story with a couple of bays and three car garage.  Started at 8 and finished at 3:30.  Impressive.  Hope they did a great job.  Think I counted about 6-7 guys.   

Hi to all I've missed.  MB

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 23:44:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJamigo

This part of my family lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  So not close enough for me to visit.
Otherwise, Great Auntie PJ would be helping out.  

Although Tennessee is not a short drive to Tulsa, I have a feeling you will help them out some way. That is just the type of person I perceive you as.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/26 00:36:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
MB---Thanks for the kind words and the hug.  Visitation went smoother than I thought it would.  Colton had been having seizures almost daily.  Tom said Colton was 7 when he had his first of many brain surgeries.  Poor kid.  Found out there were a lot of things Colton could not do, since Tom had just married Lisa, Colton's mom, about 5 years ago.  Such as getting his driver's license.  You know how important that is to a teenager.  Never knew this because Tom never would talk about Colton's problems.  Only bragged about Colton who he was extremely proud of. Proud of him being a straight "A" student all through High School. Having worked for Tom for 20 years, I'm proud to call him one of my best friends and I sure feel lucky I had the chance to hang out with Colton a few times.  RIP Colton.   
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/26 05:27:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Just got done looking at weather forecast. Still will be OK today, with a high of 59, but now the rain/snow mix for tomorrow has become possible 3-4" of snow. Oh well. State line border counties of Racine and Kenosha are looking a 4-8". Bimmy, watch out! Good grief.

I am sorry there are no new Didi pictures, that little girl ran me ragged. You know that large shed that Pablo fixed up for us? Ran around it twice. Covered most of all 3 acres looking for flowers and whatever caught her eye. Finally got her up on the deck and I sat down in a deck chair. She crawled up in the other one. (we only have those 2 chairs out at present) Those sling-style chairs. I said "let's relax". She said "relax", and then slowly slid her back down until her feet just barely touched the deck, jumped up then began bunny-hopping around. Returned to the chair, repeated "relax" and began the whole process all over again. 4 times! I sure wish I had half that energy. She is a hoot. Pretty sure her mother benefitted from Didi taking a good long afternoon nap. 

Colton sounds like he was a fine young man, even and especially with all his medical issues. Rest in peace, indeed.

Just read that the state services already have a plan in place for the 7-months pregnant killer-meth mom. Child will be removed from her at birth, and they will try and find a family member they can place the child with...if not, might be hard to find a family to take on a meth-baby. Just such a sad situation. Hope both parents are locked up for life.

On that less than happy note, I must get moving. Have a wonderful day!
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/26 06:14:22 (permalink)
Oh my, Frank, so sad to hear about Colton. Hugs.

PJ, i just wanna say there are good people in this world, and your family has some!

We are checked in at a DC Holiday Inn, secured for us by Laurie's parents. Clean, smoke free, fridge, microwave, etc.... I'm going this route next time! Less Internet checking and more local recommendations from friends or family. Smithsonians on tap for today.

Busy day, have a great one all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/26 06:32:26 (permalink)
Good Morning Dirty Birds, it's Friday.

Crunch, thanks for the update on VSD.

Cindy, please keep that snow down there, we have had enough this year.

Not much time this morning, lots of jobs to complete before vacation.

Will need Boat Drinx tonight, had Chris loaded Skype on his new laptop?

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/26 06:49:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Lots of police action here by work this am. Rumor has it some ahole got upset with the night staff at CVS and stabbed them to death.  Just no impulse control any more it seems. Crazy.

Very cool that step dad had such love for Colton Frank. Good guy for sure. Hope he finds some comfort.

You are up early Bobski. Raring to go. Have fun!

That Didi should bottle and sell that energy Cindy. I would buy some!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/26 07:27:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Cloudy out this AM. Chance of some rain today. Current temp 69F at 6:56. High today 77 degrees.

Yesterday's grass cutting job at Andrea's wore me out. Filled up three big lawn bags with a mixture of pine needles, leaves, weeds, a little grass and some dirt to boot. The 'lawn' is not in good shape. Those lawn bags were pretty heavy. Thank goodness Andrea's regular lawn guy is out of the hospital and able to return to his work next week. I didn't have the energy when I got home to cut my own grass.

Today I hope the rain will hold off until I can get my lawn cut. First I'll need to change the blade with a sharp one. If the rain hits, maybe get it cut tomorrow.

I checked into flights to the area where Crunch & Tomas live plus a flight to MB's 'Twin Cities' airport.  Sorry girls but just way too high pricing on short notice. Oh, funny that the airlines won't allow my mower in the cargo hold. Maybe you can find another handy man to do the lawns. 

Cindy, Didi wore you out ?  I don't doubt you one bit. I'm very happy that Meredith and John are bringing the two grand kids out later this Summer but I know how those boys are with the "out of control energy".
I also know why Mer and John put them to bed at 7 o'clock each night. Hope the 2 hour time difference doesn't make them want to stay up later each night. I'm sure Grandpa will be worn out !

Crunch, glad you got a chuckle out the that seagull picture. Obviously that the male was having fun but the expression on the female's face seemed to be " are you done yet ? " hee,hee

Holly, bummer on the Samsung refrigerator.  Good luck in the past with my Kenmore Elite models but who knows what will happen with that Sears line.  Funny about the TV problem : one little switch. I did receive your cigarettes yesterday.

PJ, you about ready to have a vacation to Mexico yet ?

Bob, enjoy the museums. Lot to see in the DC area. Safe travels back home.

Badger, only 3 more sleeps !!  Stay off ladders if you can.

Time to get going. Sun is peaking out so maybe can get the mower started in 20 minutes of so.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/26 08:04:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Darn, Bernie. I was hoping after you finished with Crunch and Tomas yard, you could swing by and do mine. Not too far away, maybe 20 miles?
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/26 08:53:55 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all
Didn't sleep well.  Woke in the dark hearing noises.  Finally back to sleep and another strange dream.  Was just about back to sleep after the disturbing dream, but Margarita was making noise licking her feet!  Next she started whining to go out.  Let them out of the room and then Chili woke up and wanted out!  I got up cranky.  

I have a manicure at 11 and PT at 2.  Still need to finish laundry and pack.  Got most of the miscellaneous stuff grouped, bagged and semi packed.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/26 09:48:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Sunny and breezy here.  A bit chilly right now...but will warm up to 73F.
No storms yesterday as predicted.  Thankful for that with all the errand running.
We did receive some heavy rain late in the evening.  

Bernie,  getting excited about the trip to PoMo.  Working on battening down the hatches around here.  
My list is mostly checked off.   Need to get SJ ready to go to Charlotte, NC drag races tomorrow.
Going to get out all of his summer clothing this weekend so he can pick and choose what to pack
for Mexico when he comes back.  At the same time put away all his winter clothing.   

Uphill,  Glad you have a better hotel in D.C. this trip.  Enjoy!

Frank,  thinking of you and Colton's family today.  Hugs and prayers.
You would be right about me.  Try to help out by sending clothes for the children.

Cindy,  Didi sounds like a busy and delightful tot!  LOL  
How is Chris liking the new laptop?

MB, hope all goes well with deck improvements.   

Time to get busy here.   Wishing all of you a beautiful day!  Hugs

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/26 12:59:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Those animals sure have you trained Twirley
Page: << < ..946947948949950.. > >> Showing page 947 of 961
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5