AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..946947948949950.. > >> Showing page 946 of 961
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/23 07:31:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Not the best shot of the 2 red-headed wood peckers

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/04/23 07:32:40

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/23 09:17:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning again

Bernie, I forgot to tell you what I called about 2 nights ago.  I sent the package UPS which should arrive Thursday. I included 6 packs for Andrea to bring and I hope she doesn't mind.  I'll buy drinks or lunch for the favour.  Thanks.
For everyone's information, it's nothing illegal!  Bernie is taking extra cigs for me because I'm there for 2weeks and can't take more than 1 carton according to the Mexico rules.  

Meanwhile this morning, my TV in the room where I sit, my only room that I smoke in, wouldn't connect to the system for some reason.  We didn't have a storm or anything that might have interfered.  I did all the customary fixes but nothing worked.  It usually corrects itself in one of those suggested methods.  Not today.  I fooled with it for an hour and then called Direct TV.  During the hour long call I had to go into Chris's room to push some button, as directed by the phone tech.  It was after 7am by then. Everyday Chris is griping about how his bird wakes him before dawn.  I hadn't heard a peep from he nor the bird before I went in his room, at 7:15 so I woke him.  I hated to do it but I needed access to his TV box.  Of course I had to go in several times while on the phone with the tech.  I knew Chris wouldn't be happy nor would I have been if it was me, but I didn't have any choice.  It's not easy to get a tech on the phone.  After the hour with the tech, it was determined that they have to send a tech here but not today...(Mexico time...?)  
At this time the said TV is still not working but all the others are.  I could hear Chris biatching loudly in his room about not getting to sleep in for ONCE...??  I finally set him straight and told him I would absolutely not put up with his constant chatter and biatching.  He has stopped for now and is busy redoing all the previous things I spent an hour doing to try to fix the TV.  

Sorry to be so long winded but...

I've relocated to the living room but I can hear Chris biatching at the TV in the back room!  8 more days...8 more days...8 more....
post edited by TwirleyB - 2019/04/23 09:21:33
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/23 10:58:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy here with a high temp of 77F for today.  No rain expected until tomorrow.

Cindy, yesterday was the same as your day.  Mountain of laundry to wash and fold.
Bunch of ironing to do.  Put away all the dishes, etc. from Easter dinner.
Was working all day on something or other.  Did take a few breaks and sat on the porch
for a bit.  It was such a beautiful day.  

Uphill,  glad you and your GF are having a great trip.  Nice of you to do the harder chores for your family. 
I'm sure they appreciate it very much. 

Twirls,  know what you mean about the sudden outburst of noise.  I spend so much time here alone. 
When SJ and SC are home.. well let's just say both of them are very dramatic. LOL
Hope you get your TV problem solved.

MB,  Hope you are feeling better.  Take care.  

Well, time to get to the chores.  Washing throw rugs, vacuuming and mopping on the agenda for
today.  That will pretty much take up the whole day. 
Wishing all of you a great day!  Hugs

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/23 11:29:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Twirls--good day to get some chlorine tablets
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/23 11:55:17 (permalink)
+1 (3)
I'm back. Completed my morning chores, ran into town to pick up a prescription for Chris, now waiting just a bit for it to warm up a little more. I finally got my pathology report this morning. No malignancy. 5 years before I have to face the ordeal again.

Getting back to that little boy in Crystal Lake: one thing I find suspicious is how soon after the Aurora missing kid hoax...hope this is not another sick attention getter.

PJ, hear you loud and clear on the drama. Pun intended. Chris is just generally loud. A great deal of it has to do with his deafness. But I feel like he is shouting all the time. Tired of getting startled. Makes my heart race! Watching TV together is painful he has to have it so loud. And yes, he has a pair of (very expensive) hearing aids. Mostly they sit idle in their little storage case. VERY irritating.

So, Bernie. Gonna be Twirley's mule, huh?

Feel better, MB.
OK, think I'll go outside now, sun is shining.
Have a wonderful day!
PS  Did you get those chlorine tablets yet, Holly? 
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/04/23 14:24:47

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/23 14:17:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenas Dias 28.6C 70%H 2:15PM Akumal

Thanks for your concerns, DH is flying out on Fri, his Dad is doing ok.  

Looks like the weather forecast is looking perfect for the PoMo week :)  

SNF yes definitely can't wait to see her.

Wow that is scary Frank y Bobski on the hotels.  First thing I do is pull up the sheet and check for bed bugs. yuk up there with ticks!

Twirley pick up some chlorine tomorrow.  

You don't compare before MB LOL, congrats on the new outdoor set.  You sick?

PJ always so much work after Easter!, that beach is calling 

Look after that back Bobski, sounds like you are having a good visit.

BeBe if you start growing mule ears then we are in trouble.

Cindy buy him a bluetooth headphone and a hearing aid ;)  Good results on your test.

Safe travels Nipper.

Everyone else make it a good day.

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/23 16:14:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Afternoon everyone
Cindy, GREAT NEWS on your outcome.  No pun intended.

I GOT THE CHLORINE TABS!  Thanks.  I actually got several things accomplished.  Went to Wal-Mart, which I normally avoid like the plague.  I had to buy under panties and I like cotton for the summer.  Wal-Mart is the only place unless I want to pay $6 a pair.  Also got some travel supplies, etc. 

Angela stopped by because she was in the area and had brought a piece of art I ordered a while back.  It's a signed and numbered of a very limited number of prints that was done by a upcoming local artist.  It's a black and white pencil drawing of Madonna 's face in her early years.  The original is stunning and I really wanted it, but too pricey at $3000.  It's so remarkable that you have to have a magnifying glass to tell its pencil.  It took him weeks to do it.  It's quite large.  The prints were $300 but Angela knows the artist so I got mine for $100.  I have another piece I bought online from a Puerto Morelos artist, which I'll pick up in Mexico, and have both framed when I return.  

I also went to my local auto body dealer to have a few items checked on the Camaro.  I've been intending to have a few things done to it since I went to Mexico last fall and I've never gotten it in to the shop.  I put a couple of scratches on the passenger side mirror and the front bumper and it got a door ding somewhere I parked, and I scratched up a couple of the wheels in Eureka Springs.  I want everything fixed like New before summer hits.  I drop it off Monday. 
Then I went to the bank to get travel cash.
 So far, everything on my today list.

Chris decided to work with Levi today probably because I got on his arse about the constant commentary and loud outbursts.  Either break that habit, stay confined to a different room with no open windows ...or move.  I feel sorry for his poor lovebird.  No wonder she bites him.  I'm sure she hates his loud negative crap too.  However she lets me pet her head everytime I go in the room but I talk softly and make sweet sounds to her.

I just ate a salad so better get back to something...ah yes, laundry...

post edited by TwirleyB - 2019/04/23 16:18:20
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/23 16:31:06 (permalink)
Sea shelling was slim pickings today. After the storm, there should be plenty of them, one would think. I found a couple of real nice small specimens. I saw a 4" fish with a spot on his upper back, near the dorsal fin, washed up on a sand bank trying to get back to the water. Of course, I rescued it and set back into the water. Then shortly afterward, we came upon a stingray washed up on shore.

I took a look and thought I saw some movement, so I picked it up, kinda by the "shoulders", and it closed it's mouth. So I head out into the waves with it and let it go. Looked like it tried to swim, but it ended up washed back on shore. So this time I took it further out and gave it good ... slicing shove into the water to get water flowing over it's gills, and it commenced to flapping it's wings and was outta here!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/23 22:14:27 (permalink)
Bob, I am grateful for people like you.  I THANK YOU for the stingrays, wherever he is.

7 more days...7 more days...7 ...
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/23 22:19:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Geeze, after reading my afternoon post, I think I sound like a biatch!    I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I apologize.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 05:48:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Busy day for me today, chiro followed by pedicure. Too bad today is the last perfect day of the week, tomorrow temps take a dive and lots of rain in the forecast. Sat. and Sun. are even calling for snow mixed into the rain.

The good news is Chris is taking the day off today and gonna work on filling in the ground squirrel tunnels going under the garage slab. Such little pests! Other good news: I was reading emails just a minute ago and Chris' new laptop is ready for pickup, with hopefully the lost data from the old one restored and on the new one. Yippee!

Gotta fly, I'm already running late. (hmmm, sound like Pablo...and where the heck is he, anyway? should have his new charger by now!) 
Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 05:58:08 (permalink)
Good Morning Biatchers, it's Hump Day

Charger finally got here yesterday, but our internet provider was doing maintenance on the system until just a little while ago. I've gotta run, but will try to catch up later!

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29457
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 06:43:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Yay Badger!

I hear you Twirley. I hate negativity. It just makes bad things worse and very rarely I have to mention to saint Tomas to not get that way about stupid exasperating little stuff. Not that he isn't right, but I just don't want to deal with negativity. 

Good job Bobski! The fish and Ray thank you.

We didn't get much sleep. Rain and thunder started at 8:30 last night and carried on until we got up. I think Tuco sat up all night panting. Could not get him to go out and pee this am no matter what bribe I tried so hoping he doesn't just go inside. However, with the doggie door I think he will eventually (hopefully) go out. We got 3.5 inches of rain by 0330 and it is still raining.

Soso - good news on Glenn's dad. And your spouse coming back to you in Akumal.

Glad the computer issues are about solved Cindy.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: H: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 07:55:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

A nice sunny morning today. We should have a few more days in the 80's. Nice. Current temp is 64F at 7:35 with a high of 78 degrees, although AccuWeather says 80 !

Yesterday I accomplished all of my little tasks for the upcoming trip. About the only things left are to pack the suitcase and print the boarding pass. Oh, pick up Andrea and drive to the airport. Five more sleeps.

Yesterday afternoon & talked with Debby and Meredith. Debby had to tell me all about her dating episodes. I listened and chuckled to myself. She sounded like a kid again. I caught Meredith at work and she didn't have a lot of time to yak. Kids are fine and John ( her hubby ) has a new job. Work is busy. 

Last night I had Salmon over rice pilaf with veggies at Roberto's. Excellent and I cleaned the plate. When I arrived Andrea wasn't too busy so we chatted a bit about PoMo. She is soooooo ready for a vacation and working 6 nights straight is pretty tiring. She plans to talk with Chef Dave upon her return from Mexico and will ask if an additional day off would be possible. Would like to have Wednesdays and Sundays off.

Today I have no big plans. Will fill the bird feeders. Those little rascals have been hitting the seed hard.

PJ, your days are always pretty busy. What are you going to do when there is no laundry or house cleaning while in PoMo ? hee,hee.  You deserve some R&R, si ?

Cindy, yes, I'm gonna be Holly's mule. Just like the old days. Ha !

SoSo, please tell me if I start to grow mule ears, as that's not really my look.  Good news about Glen's Dad.

Bob, bummer on lack of sea shells. We will have to start calling you " Bob the fish rescue guy ". Ha,ha.

Cindy, don't those ground squirrels just dig more holes ? I used to hear people in Minnesota call them "pocket gofers". Ever hear that term ?

Great news on the charger, Badger. There should be a "no baching" clause on the forums.

Holly, I see a 'new Chris' in your future.

Hi Crunchie !

Time to get along little doggy.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 08:04:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Wednesday

I'm gonna also pull a Badger

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 08:52:43 (permalink)
Seashell pickings were a bit better today. We were there for low tide, around 6:30 AM. Got a nice round roller (I don't know what the name is) some large seashells and a conch. I tell you, I feel like I have found treasure doing this. Yesterday, Laurie found a nice sand dollar!

Bernie, my aunt and uncle took us to ... Wings and Fish, in Shalotte, and that place was hopping, on a Tuesday. We get in and the waitresses were constantly on the go. I got a plate of fried shrimp, home made chips and cole slaw. It's been a long time since I have seen a plate so filled up with shrimp. These were lightly breaded and tasty. Laurie got broiled shrimp and if they didn't taste even better! You might know the place. Lots of sports memorabilia.

Gonna take care of some other stuff for my uncle and wash off the shells so they don't stink up the car in the sun. 

We took a long walk on the local pier and the fish were biting. Lots of little fish, then someone caught a pompano (SP?)

Then someone caught a dogfish (shark).

Turns out they are toothless. Not sure I'd do what this kid was doing to show us it had no teeth!

You might be able to make out the globe jelly fish in the sea, they are as big as a cantelope:

There was soe storm damage so they are rebuilding the dunes, and I suspect they will plant some dune grass soon. Many places here were missing shingles as well, roofers were busy.

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 12:13:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
new laptop is up and running

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 12:23:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky and sunshine today.  Beautiful!  Threw the windows open. 
Nothing much of interest in my life.  More chores...  
Wishing everyone a beautiful day.

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/04/24 17:17:36

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29457
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 12:34:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Interesting pics Bobski!

5 sleeps Bernie!
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3795
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 17:06:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Nice pictures, Bob, good work on saving that ray.

Cindy, I think SoSo had a good idea about the headphones for Chris. Glad his computer is OK and hope they were able to save any old data.

Good news about Glen, SoSo, glad all will have good weather for the PoMo meetup.

Twirls, hope your TV is fixed.

Good to hear from you Badger, even if it was a "Hi and Goodbye".

The little boy from Crystal Lake was found in a shallow grave, and the parents are under arrest. Very sad story, too bad they can't make people take parenting classes before having a child.

Nice weather the last few days, ran a few errands, haircut, carwash, drugstore, etc. followed by a grilled cheese sandwich and fries. I don't eat fries very often and should have skipped this time, was only able to eat about 1/3 and was stuffed.

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 18:24:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Jamie
The little boy from Crystal Lake was found in a shallow grave, and the parents are under arrest. Very sad story, too bad they can't make people take parenting classes before having a child.

I knew his parents were lying... They reminded me of Susan Smith when she drowned her little boys in the lake...
Poor little boy. breaks my heart. 

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 18:26:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I'm at 24 days now. Starting to find it hard to concentrate at work.
My cousin bought her tickets and she'll be there Sat-Wed.
I'll start a tan package this weekend, and attempt swim suit shopping. 

I will be expecting a few check-ins from the POMO Clubbers!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 18:27:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  74 and fair skies.  Another beautiful spring day.  Not much happening around here.  Been following up with a few contractors to get on their schedules.  Grass is really greening up now and trees are budding.  

Cindy, no talk about any kind of weather mix.  It does sound like cooler and wetter weather here Saturday and most of next week.  Ugh for sure.  Good news on the lap top and transfer of data.  Glad it worked out.Ha

Hola Jamie.  Did you get that eye appointment scheduled?  

Crunchie, that's a lot of rain.  Hope Tuco chilled and did his business outside.

Bernie, haven't seen a red headed woodpecker here in years.  Thx.

Bob, always a good feeling to return animals to their habitat.  I remember doing the same on Isla Hol Box but never a small ray.  Nice pics.

Hi Badger.  Seems like you have been absent for awhile.

SoSo, thanks for the update.  

Frank, that was quite the scary story. 

Twirls, get packing.

PJ, here ya on the quietness front.  Makes a huge difference.  

Have a beautiful evening all. MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/24 22:46:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening and goodnight all.
I was going to post but MB covered it all.  Why repeat perfection? LOL.
Actually I got interested in watching a program and I'm now too tired.
Tomorrow...got nothing anyway.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/25 00:14:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Twirls--get your chlorine tablets?

19 year old stepson, Colton, of my former boss and best friend Tom died Saturday.  Nicest kid around.  Polite as one could be.  Had some sort of medical problem since birth that Tom never talked about. It finally got him right before heading for college. I worked for his dad for 20 years.  Became best friends. Just not right to bury your child.  Going to be a rough few days.  Please say a prayer for Colton and his family

post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/04/25 00:20:47
Page: << < ..946947948949950.. > >> Showing page 946 of 961
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5