AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..941942943944945.. > >> Showing page 943 of 961
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/18 10:17:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

I paid the price for my great day Tuesday and yesterday felt bad and my back was worse.  I limped around with an ice pack strapped on trying to get the last few pots painted and planted.  I got all 4 painted and 2 planted before I ran out of soil again.
Chris pointed out that the inside tropical plants will need to be redone and moved outside so another 6 bags needed.  More hard work...

PAM T, Midas is absolutely adorable!

Cindy, glad you had a pretty good report and its over now.

I'm not doing an Easter dinner.  I'm taking Chris to a fancy Easter brunch at one of my favourite restaurants which I enjoy.  Not sure he will but he wanted to go.  The food is great.  They only do it for Holidays and the presentation is Hotel Style with carving stations and made to order eggs.

We are hiding eggs in our yard for the neighbour kids and I have baskets with mostly Easter toys.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/18 10:35:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and spitting rain here.  T-storms later in the day.  High temp in mid-70s.  
The weekend forecast looks good.  Though temps will be a bit cooler.
Spent a long time outside with pets.  Let them run and play. While I sipped coffee on the porch.
Tire them out before the heavy rain starts.
SJ has had a busy week of it at work.  A couple of late nights.  This is the time of year that schools
bring the children for tours of the TV station.  MC for the Jefferson Awards banquet celebrating teachers
and teacher of the year for West Tennessee.  Then an evening job fair.  He enjoys all of it.
(Accept wearing the suit and tie.)  But his arse is beginning to drag a bit.  Left out in jeans and shirt today. LOL  
I know he is looking forward to the long weekend.   

Cindy,  glad the procedure went well.  Pray test results are benign   

Pamela-T,  your little doggie is adorable.  Good job getting the pics posted.

Bernie, hummingbird star wars antics are in full force here.  Put up two feeders.
We counted 6 different hummers last night.  Love sitting on the porch watching them zoom around.

Time to get to the chores.   Have a wonderful day all!  

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/18 12:02:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon folks. All went well with the stump grinder today. It arrived at 8:30 and I was washing it off at 11 AM. If ever there was a tool built for it's purpose it is this rig. It ground thru the stump in good order and hitting the red clay didn't phase it a bit. In fact you can grind the stump down into the ground 12 inches! This machine really works. We rented for the day, but are now getting the half day price!

Now I get to do some carpentry work for mom, a plate rail to display her plates and a coat rail. Beyond that, it is hanging more of her plaques and pictures. Lots got doen and she is content and doing well!

I'm gonna get busy again, have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29457
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/18 12:21:04 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bernie - We pay the absurdly high price for real leather so we do not have to worry about the dogs on the couch!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/18 17:28:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon.  51 and cloudy.  Out earlier and then finished the lower level dusting, load of laundry and some reading.  Just got the mail and hauled out small birth bath out front and the water gauge.  I had to get a pic of this remaining snow in the yard which survived about 2" of rain yesterday.  It was gone this morning.

Cindy, yes the Youth Gathering will be here in Mpls. in July.  Did you get your test results yet?  Your Easter Sunday plans sound nice.  I am headed to brother Paul's place.  Bringing shrimp cocktail appetizer and cheesy hash brown potatoes.  Prime rib on the menu.  Think there are 20 of us.  Will be way too much food as usual between all of us. 

Gem, thanks again for sharing your adventure with the BC.  You packed a lot into a short period of time.  Now almost time for your next adventure.  

Holly, I'm thinking you are trying to pack too much in before your trip south.  I was actually glad to hear you weren't putting on a big Easter spread for others.  I'm sure you and Chris will have a very nice meal and the kiddos will love the Easter basket hunt.

Bernie, dang on the shoulder(s)?  I'm confused by shots in both as I thought it was one that was giving you fits since December.  No more heavy lifting.  Give yourself a rest between now and then.

Badger, thanks for checking in.  Hope the rest of the week treats you well.  Slowly warming up here again. Should be beautiful over the weekend.

Crunchie, the leather on that sofa was top notch.  Does that include removal/disposal of the old?  Hope your Dad is hanging in there and Tomas' brother is doing better.

JJ, when do you leave for FL?

Bob, your Mom must be so happy with all the help you are providing.  Enjoy the last couple of days before you head out to see Bernie on Easter Sunday.  Wow...surprising he was able to score a reservation on Sunday.  

SoSo, I rescued Maya at 8 weeks.  She did not even register one pound and fit into my hand.  Zoey is very fortunate. Hugs.

Hi to all I've missed.  Have a beautiful evening.  MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 04:51:49 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Good Morning
As I skimmed over the news this morning, was "serenaded" by feral cat love just outside the window. They do get noisy! I am taking that as a sign that spring truly is here.

Crunch, our leather couch and love seat have plenty of marks from Mollie. I miss her so much. So looking forward to puppy hunting when the PoMo trip is done. (We must have gotten a lower grade of leather. But they were still absurdly expensive)

MB, nothing on MyChart yet. Rest assured, I will be checking it frequently through the day. Oh, and yesterday as I was coming home after my errands, I passed a fence row with dried grass hanging over and sheltering a substantial band of snow. Was a bit surprised to see it after the rain. Pretty sure it will be gone soon, they are now predicting 73F for Sunday! Perfect for an egg hunt outdoors!

Since Pablo didn't post yesterday afternoon, I'm guessing there will be no boat drinx tonight. Prolly just as well, my system is still readjusting after the fast. We did stop for Mexican food after church services yesterday, I had the botanos portion of quesadillas al pastor. Perfect amount, and very tasty.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 06:23:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Feral Cats, it's Friday.

Cindy, computer is showing I only have a few minutes of power left, so probably wouldn't work for Boat Drinx.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 06:33:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger posted some real smile worthy stuff on Friday Funnies.

MB - we hauled our old couch we had when we moved here out to the street with a free sign last night. It has been in the dining room for the mutts pleasure since we do not have dining room furniture. They like having a couch out there so the one we are replacing will be rotated into that position. None of the furniture places take the old ones. We are giving the matching love seat from the old old set to Salvation army along with an old eliptical that still works. The new one will be in our living room with the old love seat which is in great shape because nobody ever sits on it. Complicated! Love your Maya story. So little when you got her.

Bernie - hope the shots provide relief so you can enjoy the trip.

Cindy - hope you get the good word today on Good Friday.
maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2547
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 07:12:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola!
Quick check in this morning...

Rivers are back inside their banks. I worked two hours Monday, then returned home for flood watch in the basement; three of our neighbors (less than 50-75 yards away) pumped water out for three days. Our development sits on an old riverbed. It's not the water rushing over the ground that is the problem, it's the rising water table. Basement stayed dry...

Slow down on the gardening, Twirls; topless with Roxanne...pedal to the metal! Wheee!

Those pups sure are cute, SoSo & Pam T!

Hoping for good news today, Cindy.

You're a good neighbor and friend, Bernie, and you too, Twirls.
And SoSo is correct about removing ticks; if you try to suffocate, or burn them, they will regurgitate as they back out. And tweezers cause the same reaction. We had "pullers", but couldn't find them...... gave them to the kids, I think. Doc prescribed a course of doxycylene, just in case.

Countdown to vacation and you're felling trees, UpHill!? SMH!

May have to get a hummer feeder, PJ...we get the occaisional fly by, but no flowers to attract them.

Well, just got a text regarding a jobsite visit, so must run.
Have a great day all!

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 07:27:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Cloudy and rain off and on all day. Current temp 69F at 7:26 with a high of 76 degrees.

Slept in a little bit; must have been the weather but Freddie wasn't going to let me be. Yesterday I sent a note off to ABR requesting 3rd floor in building 4. I got a reply from someone in Playa Carmen that they would try to accommodate my choice. Same ole same same.

Today I might get a trim on my hair and stop for some more cat food at Walmart. Nothing else planned.

Hi MB. I try not to complain too much about my aches and pains. My left shoulder was injured in the early Spring a year ago when I moved all those potted plants from the big window in the dinning area to the outside wood deck. Then a cold snap hit a week later and plants went back inside. A few weeks later back outside. Debby was staying at my house at that time. Anyway, that was the start of shoulder problems. You might remember that I decided to give all potted plants away to neighbors; just didn't want to go through the moving plants inside & out every year. The right shoulder was injured more severly about two weeks before this past Christmas. My doctor said the results from R shoulder MRI was "fairly reassuring". No rotator cuff tear but some mild tendinitis on one of the muscles of the cuff. Mild arthritis found in the joint between the collarbone and shoulder. Also a small cyst discovered. He said not sure if cyst is a surgical issue but other 2 issues were not. The Orthopedic doctor will guide me on what is suggested on the cyst. Ortho visit scheduled in mid May.......aren't you glad you asked ? hee,hee. 

PJ, good description of your humming birds "starwars antics".  I don't usually get that many hummers each year.

Crunch, real leather ?  I didn't know that was still offered these days. I will be taking it easy before the Mexico trip. Thanks for your concern.

Bob, looking forward to seeing you and Laurie on Sunday.

Hi and bye, Badger.

Won't be too long now, Ed. 10 more sleeps for me.

Coffee tine done.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 09:42:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Gray clouds and rain here.  The high temp of only 48F.  Back to wearing a coat outside.
Rainy weather will clear up by Saturday morning.  The weekend should be blue skies and warmer.
Nothing much going on here today.  SJ has the day off.  Sleeping in.
I tried to sleep in...pets were not having it.  At some point today, I need to go to the grocery store.
Get the fresh produce items for Easter dinner.   

Wishing all of you a great day!    

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 09:48:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

PT yesterday and I know it's helping.  

Much to my dismay, Chris pointed out that I really need a new pot for a 8' tall schleffera (sp?) Plant that is currently inside.  The current pot is too short and too lightweight.  When it's outside during summer in a breeze, it blows over.  It didn't get repotted last year so it needs to be done.  I think I've found another but I hadn't measured the old one and I didn't buy it yet.  It's fiberglass instead of resin so it heavier but not as breakable as pottery.  Kinda pricey but probably the best bet.

Speaking of bets...I can't seem to use my online betting sites.  MO is a funny state regarding sports betting and most sites are not available to Missouri residents.  I'd found a couple that I used but one won't let me log in and the other won't take my deposit so maybe MO changed the rules.  I rarely won but it's fun. 

Necessary shopping is probably on my list today.  Groceries, tires for the dolly, garden cart, and mower (meaning Chris has to go) and maybe sandals for me.  He needs sneaker/tennis shoes.  

More bad weather in the south...
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 11:31:48 (permalink)
-1 (1)
TwirleyB
8' tall schleffera (sp?) 

Close! Schefflera.
Once you get it repotted, see if you can talk Chris in to introducing it to the outdoors gradually. Couple of hours the first time, then 3, then 4...remember; they get really tall, but natively they are still an understory plant, so shouldn't be in full sun. (you probably already know that, but sometimes I can't help myself.) Nice that you have a "mall" sized plant, I'd hate to see you lose it to sunburn.

No test results yet. I hate waiting.

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 12:32:30 (permalink)
So glad your basement stayed dry Mapes.

All the money you saved from not betting can now be spent on shopping Twirley

Brrrr PJ. Darn those brats for not letting you sleep in.

Happy shot day Bernie!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 13:14:18 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Badger
 so probably wouldn't work for Boat Drinx.

Duh. My brain wasn't fully in gear this morning. It's Good Friday. We will be at church anyway.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 14:24:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Buenas Tardes  29.7C  71%H in Akumal, Good Friday.  Norte is expected this a

That is positive shoulder news BeBe, I'd take a cyst any day over a cuff!!  Yes we all try not to complain about our aches, admiring your moxy. 

Love hummers too PJ.

Cindy all behind you now!   Surprised you aren't working in a nursery with all your plant knowledge and love of it.  Going to be fun swapping puppy stories.  Another collie or non shedding this time?

Bet Maya was a cutie kitten MB! 

Gem, get yourself a new ticker!  Hope you're settled after you lovely vacay. 

Badger don't work to hard!

Tejas how old is Midas now? 

Bobski those grinders are very cool, got to see our neighbours grind a huge stump. 

Sounds like the new couch is doing its job Crunch, looks comfy.  

DH is to fly home as his Dad isn't doing well (pneumonia) this was at his Mom's request.  We are busy checking for flights coordinating quick logistics.

Going to talk ticks with you on dat beach Mapes... This Meds - Do you have to do this every time it buried deep as precaution?  

Where is SNF, Nipper, JJ, etc?  

Have a great Easter Weekend all.

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13724
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 14:44:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Nipper is getting ready to fly to Mexico on Wednesday! 

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 14:52:00 (permalink)
SoSo, Midas is 10. I have had him for 3 years
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 18:34:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Go Nipper!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 19:03:12 (permalink)
Good evening on this Good Friday.  61 and sunny.  Out earlier this morning. and then a few hours of reading.  Don't know where the day has gone.  

Hope you got good news test results today.  Sounds like you and Chris take in all services during Holy Week.  

MapleSyrup, sure am glad you didn't get any water in your house.  Hope your bride had a beautiful BD.

SoSo, sorry to hear about FIL.  Prayers sent.

Bernie, that's okay with the long version.  Now I remember those heavy pots you had to fuss with before you set them free.  Hopefully the shots will give you some relief before/during your trip.  

Crunchie, what are you and Tomas up to this Easter?  Hugs to you both.

Nipper, bet you are getting excited.  

Twirls, finally made the connection between the trees budding and my sore throat, sneezing and itchy eyes that came out of no where. Must be allergies.  When you get all the plantings done and your pool furniture out, sure would like a pic of your beautiful outdoor space.

Badger, so much for boat drinx.  Sure miss your longer daily posts.  Short weather here manana.

Bob, can't remember how long a drive it is from your Moms to Bernie's.  Safe travels.

I love spring.  Everyone is out and about walking, biking, running or what have you.  So nice to see life again after a very long winter.  Make it a beautiful evening everyone.  MB

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 19:26:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
MB, it's about a 5-6 hour drive. Relatively relaxing drive after the 18 hour drive to Mom's. 

Today, it was about decorating in the house and repairs to tools and tool chests out in the shop. I need the shop in decent working condition, Mom wants decorations. loads of pictures and plaques adorn the walls of this house now.

But the big thing that got done today was pulling out the three level sailing ship model that my brother and I will fight over at my Mom's passing (LOL!!!). It has been boxed up for 12 years now and we are all so happy to get it out of the box. The center mast was snapped, but in such a manner that I was able to glue it back together using some of those black paper clips as clamps. As I was scooping up the packing peanuts off the floor, I was too lazy to go get a dust pan and just used my hands, I found an anchor and an oil lantern from the ship model. Glad I didn't have a dustpan. Anyways, I reattached those items and I'm looking at it. Man is it dusty. Maybe my brother can have it....

SoSo, That stump grinder was almost fun. If there was some way to call it something other than work!

It is pouring here and tornado watches are in effect. 

What's that? I hear a bowl of ice cream calling my name! 

Have a great night's rest all!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/19 20:52:13 (permalink)
Evening all
SOSO, bummer about Glen's dad being sick and Glen leaving.

YEAH, for Nipper!

Glad there was no flooding in your basement, Mapes.

Cindy, Thanks.  It goes outside every year in semi shade.  I'm going to have to cut the top off and hope it branches out below if it gets much taller.  It has to sit near the middle of the vaulted ceiling now.

I did go to Shoe Carnival today to look for sandals.  I found the perfect pair.  Bright multi colour tiny stripe Skechers.  Most of my shoes these days are Skechers.  I'm afraid my old favorite brand isn't being made anymore.  My bunion makes it very difficult to find comfortable shoes.  

I struck out on other shopping.  Didn't find a cheaper pot for the schefflera.  Didn't find a different purse.  I didn't stop for potting soil.   I did manage to avoid buying anything else BUT I did have a good Steak and Shake burger!  They are the only fast food burgers I will eat.
I came home for a few minutes to rest my back.  Sitting in a car very long is jus not comfortable now.  Then onward to the grocery store.  Didn't need much so I got home quickly.  I intended to get something done in the house but by the time I put things away, I didn't.

Hoping everyone has a lovely Easter weekend.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/20 06:11:59 (permalink)
Good Morning
Chris got home from work and announced he was just too tired to go to church. I didn't want to go by myself, so we stayed home. I'll have to run in tonight after the 6pm Easter Vigil service to set out the lilies for tomorrow morning. Then up early for the 6am sunrise service. Really considering retiring from altar guild. Just don't have the juice anymore.

Our mower guy came out yesterday to do the spring service on my beloved John Deere. The final mowing last fall I had failed to tighten the gas cap and it got knocked off while mowing around a large shrub. Didn't notice it was gone until I had made 2 passes around the yard. Pretty sure at least some debris got in the gas tank. So I was talking to Louie about that possibility, said we had had it out several times this spring to haul stuff, and it didn't sound right to me. He said he'd check everything. I had been out raking for a couple of hours, cleaning up area where snow plow had dumped clumps of scraped up sod, so needed a break and went inside to let Louie do his work in peace.  Half an hour later I heard rapping on the door. He wanted to show me what I'd heard from the engine. MICE. Had set up shop all over the engine block and thoroughly chewed up several wires. And had brought in clumps of nesting materials that could have easily ignited from a stray spark from those chewed up wires. So now he needs to order some new parts and will come back when he has them. Not gonna be cheap, but less $ than buying a new mower. Told me that next fall when we cover it up for the winter put lots of mothballs scattered on the mower deck and under the engine hood. Keep the mice away. As Forrest Gump would say, "one more thang." Dang rodents!

Holly! Steak and Shake! Haven't had one of those burgers since we lived in Peoria back in the 70s. B.K. (before kids.) Loved their shakes! Yum. Didn't know they were still in business. Hope you feel better today!

OK. gotta get going on the day's chores; lemon meringue pie, prep for scalloped 'taters, extend the dining room table and re- "dress" it...vacuum, etc., etc.
Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/20 07:33:45 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Nice bright skies this AM. After yesterdays wind and rain the sun is looking mighty nice. The current temp is 56F at 7:31 and the high is expected to be 67 degrees. Nice day in store tomorrow.

Yesterday I got caught in the first round of rain storms when I got my hair cut. When cut was done I waited until the storm eased up a bit and made a dash to the truck then off to Walmart. Only had a few items to get and all of us in the store were trapped. Parking lot was flooded and overflowed into my sneakers. Man o man, this was the worst I had seen in a long time; probably since the last hurricane. Was very happy that I had brought my rain/wind breaker jacket but most everything got soaked anyway. Drove home with the heater and heat seat on. Changed out of wet clothing and tossed into dryer; headed out to Nell's for a hot breakfast. Once I got home it was time to sit in the easy chair and listen to the rain & wind pounding on the windows, all wrapped up in my fuzzy blanket. Freddie spotted that blanket and jumped into my lap. Nap time ! I believe we snored for a couple of hours.

Should have waited for my errands until today. Nothing planned but pay a couple of bills. There is a meeting of our HOA today but I don't think I will go.

Ed, that was good news that your basement didn't flood. I had to look up Doxcycline; I have no love for those darn ticks ! I missed that Sandi had a birthday, so please mention to her I said belated Happy B-day.

Bob, you ole stump grinder you !  Time to relax, si ?

SoSo, assuming you will stay in Mexico until the PoMo gathering ?

Nipper, will we get a chance to see you in PoMo ?

Cindy, bummer on your tractor but happy that you have a guy that can fix it up for you. You like riding on that mower don't you ?  Steak n Shake has over 550 restaurants now; no longer a small chain.

Time to get ready for the day.
Y'all have a great day,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/20 07:42:29 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers

Sat out on the deck sipping wine last night.  In the 60's but felt chilly so dug out the hoodie.  Mr JJ grilled some chicken while I was sipping wine.  I was just fine until I wasn't.  I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, it felt like I drank 2 bottles, when in fact I only had 2 glasses. Maybe because I only had a salad all day, I don't know but I didn't even make it to dinner.  

We are less than 30 days to Florida now.  Everyone is excited. 

Getting the oil changed on my car today then going to a nursery for some flowers.  High 70's today.  

Happy Saturday!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Page: << < ..941942943944945.. > >> Showing page 943 of 961
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5