AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..936937938939940.. > >> Showing page 940 of 946
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 04:56:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning & a good Palm Sunday to you all.
PJ, the storms you had yesterday are moving our way. Fortunately, looks like the brunt (snow) is going to stay down by the Illinois border clipping Racine and Kenosha counties. We may get a few flurries, but prediction is for 1/2 in or less. I'll take it. Then temps start warming back up to 50s then 60s.

Holly hope you start feeling better. I'm sure better weather would/will help.

On the way to church yesterday to set out the palm standards, we stopped at Marilyn's house to drop off a jade plant I started for her. This is the third one I've given her; the original started in her father's office at the bank. After his funeral, the plant spent 30+ years in the church's parlor area till some one knocked it over. It broke into 2 large pieces and was thrown in the trash. I spotted it and took a section home to plant. Did not know the history at that time, until another 20 years went by. When I learned it was from Marilyn's family, I made cuttings for her and each of her children. But Marilyn has a tendency to over water. This new cutting I gave her I started last summer and kept it through the first transplant. Told her this time DO NOT WATER MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK! She laughed, knew she was guilty. Oh well, plenty more where that came from, my plant now has a trunk on it that is 6" in diameter. A monster.

Have a wonderful day all, Holy Week begins.
Cindy
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/04/14 05:38:10

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8480
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 05:36:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Dog Lovers, it's Sunday.

JJ, I really think you should post daily while the gang is gone to help take up the slack.

Bernie, the real reason I would volunteer to help with your brakes was so I would get free beer and bang bang shrimp!

Mapes, my father used to make around 100 quarts of maple syrup every year.

A little warmer here today, then mid 50s and rain later this week, oh well, at least it's not more snow.

Hi to the rest of you, gotta work today.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2998
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 07:34:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning y'all. 

Just a little fog and clouds along the coast this AM. Weather man said "some sun and some clouds today". Well I chose the sun !!  Current temp 67F at 7:32 and the expected high is 76 degrees.

Yesterday morning I went to Nell's and ordered a short stack of pancakes. They were gigantic and I could not finish them. Really good tasting. After brunch I was close to Walgreen's so I decided look for another beach umbrella; they have ordered them but not expected to arrive for a few weeks. Well shucks. Once I got home I remembered that Costco has on-line ordering and my current umbrella came from Costco. I like it and it's easy to set up. On order and free freight. Will be here next week. 

Got a call from Andrea yesterday. There was no propane gas for her stove and no hot water either. Her landlord Dave was at a wedding. I suggested she call RD White ( largest supplier in the area ) to see if they could deliver gas and fill the tank. No bueno until Monday. I did offer for her to come over to my place to take her shower this morning. It's her day off so I also offered to treat her to lunch. Waiting for a call to see when she is coming over.  Other plans today are to help Andrea hang her heavy large wall mirror and a large picture. "Have portable drill and will travel". Hee,hee

jj, bummer on the different airport. Shame no good deals in/out of Tampa. Oh well, let's hope you have a great vacation and some good times together.

Well Ed, did ya get to go trout fishing ?  Any keepers ?

Cindy, cute story on the Jade plant for Marilyn. I had no idea they could live that long.

Badger, free beer and bang bang shrimp for a brake job ? Now that's what I call a good trade ! 

Coffee time done.
Y'all have a good one,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 08:15:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Sunday Morning
Hahaha Badger.   My days are pretty boring, so I wouldn't be very good at posting BC every day.

I did some additional research yesterday.  Airport drive might be 2.5-3 hours.   

PJ  I haven't started packing yet.  Mr JJ going out of town in a couple of weeks  ... I'll start getting some things together, want a new bathing suit or 3 and some shorts.  Will be a good time to go shopping

Twirls  tummy better today?

Cindy, That's a long time for a plant to live. 

Bernie..  I love pancakes, but they are a little much for me.  

Is Easter next week?  jeez, where is the time going. ...

Bright sun-shiney day--- I think high 50's... Enjoy your day!!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13883
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 09:02:52 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning.

I am better today, thanks.  Tummy is better after just soup and a scrambled egg yesterday.  My back is the same but not screaming at me.  

JJ, I'll check in to keep you company!  I'm sure someone will be posting pictures.  Maybe someone will teach me how to do it on my kindle!

It's snowing this morning.  Just about over. Most melted but there is a light cover on roofs and patio furniture.  Supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow.  
No plans today but Chris and I may go get dirt so we can work on the planting tomorrow.
Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7518
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 09:43:06 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Morning all.

It's hard for me to imagine it is still winter somewhere.  It's really starting to warm up nicely here. But soon you all be enjoying summer  while we are sweating our faces off! So hang in there.

I am looking forward to seeing you all in PM. Only for a few days then we are off to ABR for a few days to rub elbows with the snooty and snobby. 

If I remember correctly,  hacienda morelos had plenty of coffee. Good breakfast too!

Jj..allegiant flies out to regional airports so I'm not surprised.  I bet you got a good rate though. 

I am finally going to get rid of my 2002 Camry. It is worth so little I am seriously thinking of driving it across country, selling it, and flying back. Unfortunately I can't talk connie into it, she hates long car rides, but I may do it anyway. I think it would be a blast. Plus get me out of this sweat box for a few weeks. 
Jamie..we can do lunch! 😁

We went to our community going away party last night.  Nearly everyone will be gone by Easter.  Yay! 😁

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 10:13:25 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Good morning BCers!
Lots and lots of rain and thunder bummers throughout the night. 
Still a few dark clouds rolling by. Mixed with patches of blue sky and sunshine. Very windy.  High temp of 64F.
Very quiet weekend here otherwise.  SJ has been in the family room keeping an eye on
the Master's golf tournament.  With the weather delays...messing up TV programming schedule. 
He has to be available to master control to advise.  Basically working from home.  With naps included.  LOL  
I've just been doing laundry, washed the dog, and playing on the internet.
Cat left me a present.  She cruised by to be petted.  A few minutes later.  Mother Hubbard!
Found a tick on my head.  Going to have to spray the property soon as it dries out from the rain.
Put the flea and tick treatment down the backs of both the dog and cat.  Benadryl for me.
Slept like a log.  Storm or no storm.  

Cindy,  sweet story about the Jade plant. 

Twirls,  glad your tummy is feeling better. 

Wishing all of you a wonderful day!  Hugs 

maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2547
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 10:59:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Prayers out to you all on this Palm Sunday.

Well damn, PJ! Just pulled two of the leetle bastardos off me this morning. Going to keep a watch on the area where one was embedded deep. Any sign of a "bullseye" or rash, and I'll insist on an antibiotic from my doc. Unfortunately, all we had were tweezers...yea, I know, a bad idea. 
And no Bernie; you can see what was biting yesterday.

Another bad idea?  I've been checking the webcam daily, and it's not so nice along the MR again today. Lots of wind last night pushed the sargasso into the bays/beaches. Guys had it all cleaned up earlier, but still more coming in....can't watch them struggle 'cause it makes MY back ache.

And yet, just a week ago, there were a few days of dead calm in the morning; counting on that kind of weather in May for us all.

Hola Bosco! Kewl idea! Do the Route 66 run? Just dooo eeet!

Posting before I lose it... 

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2173
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 11:05:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Greetings on Palm Sunday.  36 and cloudy.  The kid's Sunday School Easter program, Hunting for Hope, this morning at 8:30 and 10:30 with a spring cafe with treats, coffee and music in between services.  Was home at 9:00.  Changed clothes and did a tan session.  Just finished a Chobani coconut yogurt.  I don't much like golf but I am watching the Master's and Tiger is stepping up.  

JJ, have fun shopping.  Are you still loving the workplace?

Badger, neat story about your Dad.  Looks like rain here mid-week.  

Cindy, cool idea on the Jade plant for Marilyn and her kids.  Fingers crossed this cutting makes it.

Bernie, every so often I crave pancakes but my preference would be eggs Benedict.  Happy hanging today.

Glad to hear you're feeling better Holly.

PJ, be safe with that nasty weather.  Dang ticks.  Hope you took a match to it!

Bosco, does Vino join you on road trips?  Bet you can't wait for the mass exodus.

Make it a fabulous day everyone.  MB

maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 11:38:47 (permalink)
+2 (2)

Morning, Twirls. Careful gardening today, chica.

You too, Bernie. Down to the wire now; not even a step-stool, lad!
Can you persuade someone to release the shrimp recipe?

Badger's probably at work again...
Syrup production can be an expensive hobby these days, and considering the time/labor/materials invested in any size operation, it wasn't cheap back in the day either. Just heard today that there is a glut on the market and bigger operations are selling at a third less by volume.

That's some green thumb, PJ! A living, breathing, form of artistry...
How long is your drive to Elk Grove? Spent 16 hours behind the wheel to get to the North Shore of Lake Huron...it was certainly worth it though. This is not one of mine...

I'm guessing you are looking forward to a quieter neighborhood, Bosco?

I have to admit, this is the latest I've begun packing in 14 years of traveling to the RM, JJ.
Sweetie has had the suitcases out for two weeks...

Where is SoSo and her pics?

Late now and another twofer...must get going. Have a great afternoon and evening!

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 16:58:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Grrrr. Already more than half an inch and still falling...Chris said: that doesn't look like manna, so I don't think it is a Passion week miracle!
   WHEN. WILL. WINTER. GO. AWAY!

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 19:02:57 (permalink)
Well, we made it to North Carolina, no real issues, just a long drive, 18 hours. 3:45 AM to 9:30 PM, shower and off to bed. Today, I changed a light for Mom, and her kitchen faucet. Set out her garbage and grabbed her mail, went shopping and did some more organizing of Dad's tools, so I can find them easier when I need them. He kept some tools well organized, others (most of it) not so much. Mom bought the fixings and I cooked up some nice tacos tonight. I'm a little tired now.

Tomorrow will mean some more organizing probably a dump run and a parts run. Mom wants a plate rail put up so she can display some plates. And a coat rack. Anything she wants done, now's the time, I'm here and looking for things to do. Filters, clean the gutters, anything on a ladder. If I can get Dad's chainsaw running, she wants a bunch of trees taken down, but leave the stump high enough that the mower can see it. She has a big ole pecan tree overhanging the house that she'll need professionals with a carne and bucket truck to remove. Then she'll get the stumps ground away. If I can't get the chainsaw running, she'll just have the tree guys do those trees while they are here. 

We are looking to go to the Billy Graham library, and I may even talk the ladies into a short jaunt at a plane museum. I am here until Sunday, then heading Bernie's way, staying at my Aunt and Uncle's house. 

Twirley, hoping for the best, you deserve some comfort.

Maple, I've done a little syrup. You are right about it being labor intensive. Back in the day, there was always a fire going, boiling the syrup down was just taking better advantage of the fire. Nowadays, that fire would be purpose burnt for the syrup. 

PJ, we had so many ticks last year, that as much as I despise spraying my property, I went and got some tick spray, the kind you hook on to your hose. No more ticks as of the very next day. It really works. 

MB, did I read that correctly? 36 and sunny and you got a tan session in?

Gotta run.... rather, fall asleep. Have a great evening. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Bob in Milw
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3901
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 20:07:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
ChrisandCindy
Grrrr. Already more than half an inch and still falling...Chris said: that doesn't look like manna, so I don't think it is a Passion week miracle!
   WHEN. WILL. WINTER. GO. AWAY!

Cindy, I thought you guys got as much as we did. We got 6" of heavy wet stuff....
Maybe it was lake effect snow being we're only 4 blocks from the lake. 
It's easier to take knowing we'll be headed to PoMo in 2 weeks.
See ya soon.
Peace, Bimmy

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/14 21:13:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning - Cindy yes Chedraui has coffee pods, however in a weird area.  Could be changed tomorrow - you will be fine.

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8480
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 05:10:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Snooty & Snobbys, it's Moanday.

A rare Bosco sighting!

JJ, most of my posts are boring, too.

Twirls, glad you are feeling better!

Bernie, I think beer & shrimp would be a good trade.

SoSo, great photo!

No ticks here yet, but it won't be long.

Yeah, Mapes, I worked 'til Noon yesterday, then took a nap.

Back at it again today, gotta get some outside jobs done before rain moves in later in the week.
post edited by Badger - 2019/04/15 05:49:54

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 05:39:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
SoSo. LOVE that mug! Took me right back to the 80s, with my kids in the back seat singing along to that song! Mostly only drink tea in the winter months, otherwise I'm a coffee person. Will be sipping tomorrow though; more on that later.
Bimmy, Saturday evening forecast said heaviest snowfall would be in your area and south; saw that Cubs game was called for snow. We were only supposed to have flurries with 1/2 inch at most. Apparently the snow band widened. It was only about an inch by the time it stopped falling at sunset, but that was an inch TOO MUCH. Sorry you got as much as you did. Bright side is it is supposed to be sunny and around 50 today, so it will melt fast. NOT gonna bother with shoveling.

So tomorrow is prep day. After I get the laundry done today, need to make a trip to the grocery store and get Gatorade () and other clear juices, etc. Was told flavored sparkling water was OK, already have a supply of that, also coconut water, think that is Ok as well. And green tea. Told Chris last night, definitely going for 2fer burgers at the Post tonight, want to enjoy that "last meal" before the ordeal. They will be calling tomorrow with Wednesday arrival time, do hope I get an early slot and get it over with! Colonoscopies are no fun. Hopefully, I get an all-clear and another 10 year reprieve. By that time, maybe I'll be so old they won't bother.

Have a wonderful day all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29455
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 06:41:57 (permalink)
Hapyy Moanday all,

Hopefully that is the last of the snow for all of you living on the snowy side of life.
Sounds like you have lots to do at your Mom's Bobski.
Bosco - sounds like you will be very happy to have the quiet life back again.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2998
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 07:36:55 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning all.

A beautiful sunny morning this AM after a big ole storm moved through. We should have sun all day long. Current temp is 63F at 7:24 and the high will be 71 degrees.

Slept in just a little this morning as Andrea wore me out yesterday.  The propane company made a delivery late Saturday afternoon to Andre'a house while she was at work. The owner of Roberto's arranged the delivery for her as his commercial account allows delivery any day of the week. Tank was filled at 100 gallons. So 1st thing on my list for Andrea was to climb into the attic on a 8' ladder. That's where the hot water heater is located and I needed to relight the pilot light. I know, I'm telling everyone else to stay off ladders before the PoMo trip and Maple had told me yesterday "not even a step stool" !!  Sorry Ed, a lady needs hot water for showers.  After hot water heater was good to go Andrea and I went to Crab Catcher's for lunch. Didn't we go there last week for lunch ? Yes. It's that good.  After lunch back to Andrea's house to hang the big mirror in dining area and then a large picture in living room. Those two required the use of the step stool. Rat's. I thought I was done when Andrea asked if I had time to hang some more pictures ?  Arrrrrg.  Four more pictures later, we finally sat on her front porch to enjoy some sun and sip a cold.  I got home around 6PM and Freddie was very happy to see me and have her dinner. I took a couple of Advil before bed time.

I believe today is nada. I have one bill to pay that will be due while I'm in Mexico. My grass need mowing after all this rain but it's too wet right now. Might have to get it tomorrow.

PJ and Maple, ugh on ticks. And their bites seem to itch for a long time !

MB, I really enjoy eggs benedict as well but I don't get them that often. Not sure if Nell's or Dawg House offer them. Will have to check that out.  No more snow at your place, OK ?  hee,hee.

Ed, I had already asked Andrea if she could get Chef Dave to jot down the bang bang shrimp receipt but when he is cooking in the kitchen no time. You are not the only one who wants to know how to do that bang bang shrimp so maybe I can catch Dave before he gets busy one night.

Bosco, do you remember when I called you a few weeks ago ?  I don't know what I said. Hee,hee.

Uphill, that a long trip down to Mom's house.  Be careful with those trees and if you need a chain saw, you are welcome to borrow mine.  If so, give me a call.

Hi to Cindy, Badger, Crunch.  Oh, hi SoSo !

Sorry is I missed anyone.
Scooting,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 08:48:38 (permalink)
OK, just a quick check-in as I HAVE to get to work, and things have settled down since early this AM...
Sweetie didn't dare drive through this mess in the beetle, so we took the truck. FD had the road closed, but we got out and the water had dropped a few inches, so they let me back in. Just a bit of standing water in the back yard when I got up, but perked away already. And the sun is out! Yay!

Later, gators!

Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7518
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 08:49:38 (permalink)
Morning again. 

MB...vino loved the long car ride to Atlanta when we had to escape from hurricane Irma!
But I think it would be a major pita to take him on a long trip. Honestly,  we love having him,  but will take break once he goes. 
We have good sitter though.  Even though she overfeeds him. 

Bernie..I hate phone calls!  😁 You must get a smart phone so you can text.
We have Republic wireless and love it. It uses wifi when available so...good phone service in Mexico..as long as you have wifi.
We get crappy cell coverage from our cement bunker here in Florida,  so it's perfect for us. 

I can understand them not being crazy about giving up the recipe.  A nice tip might help.

Gem and SoSo and Pj...thanks for the pictures. I see them on FB, but it's never enough. 

I am a little concerned about the sargasso...I am not a sit on the beach person (surprise surprise). So hope I can get in the water.

I read on TA that you should book the  boat out to the reef <day of> because boats are plentiful and as know,  conditions change frequently.  Makes sense to me. 

Crunch..I hope your coz trip is the best ever. 

SoSo..did you surf on the wild side? 😁

Just to be clear..I am not calling the aasb folks snooty and snobby.  They are good people. I was referring to gems comment.

Uphill..be careful with the heat and humidity. 

Maple..nice knives.

Twirls..it's too early for  montezumas. Save that for the street food truck badger is going take us to. 😉😁
Jk..looking forward to the places badger is going.

MB..I hope you are the mystery guest.

Anyone I missed..Buenos dias.

post edited by Bosco - 2019/04/15 09:04:48

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13883
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 10:09:41 (permalink)
Morning all
I stayed up late watching Caribbean Life and other beach life shows.  I'm ready to go.
However I must have slept in a bad position because yesterday I was walking pretty good and today, not so good.

Every once in a while, I walk through my house and really appreciate it.  I do love the design and decor.  Except I'd like to replace the living room furniture but no one ever sits in there anyway.  The pool will be opening soon.  Probably having that done just before or while I'm gone.  Having a solar blanket on a roller installed instead of a heater.  It's going to be a real pain and expensive to get gas to that area. Badger, we should have made the foundation company case around that yellow gas pipe and leave it!  Had I known...

Need to take my tax payment to the PO.

Hopefully my back will ease up and I can get some pots planted and finish filling the raised beds.  Yesterday we got dirt and (too many) veggie starts.  I ended up with various types of 10 tomatoes, 8 peppers, 4 beans, snap peas, and various lettuce seeds.  Also flowers.  I got carried away with the veggies.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 11:10:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky and sunshine are back!  Temps on the chilly side only a high temp of 50F.
Curly bark hickory tree is putting on leaves.  Looks so pretty in the morning sunshine.

Despite the chilly weather this weekend the azaleas are blooming.

SJ and I spent most of yesterday afternoon putting together the TV console.  Went together fairly easy.
There were no bad words used.  No use of the rubber mallet.  LOL  Looks very nice. 
Still need to clean up the cables, put the DVD player, etc on shelves.

Maple,  Wow!  Road flooding looks awful.  Glad you had the truck to get Sweetie to work.

Bimmy,  Hope your snow melts today.  Total bummer for this late in the year.
Though I do remember an Easter weekend here in TN (the early 1990s) when we received 4 inches of snow.
You just never know when winter is going to call it quits.

Bosco,  Does make it easier to get around town after the snowbirds leave.  Enjoy!

Uphill,  yes, we hate spraying the yard with poison as well.  Ticks are so bad here.  We have too!
Thinking we will hire someone to spray the entire property this year.  
Enjoy your time with mom.  Glad you made the drive safely.  

Bernie,  take the day off.  You deserve it!   Glad Andrea has her hot water back.  

Everyone have a great day!  Hugs

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 14:29:07 (permalink)
Buenas Dias   30C 77%H  9:55AM  @ Lat: 20.400520  Lon:  -87.321342

Ocean is as quiet as a mill pond today here, typical as I just fixed the hurricane shutters and windows from rattling.  Was some of the biggest surf I've seen in all my years here, tide was super high, felt like we were on the ocean not beside it.  Very cool for this born and raised island girl.  

C&C you are very proactive with your health sorry for your xitty day.   I'm a huge Pat Benatar fan so the mug worked well on this pic.  Front side of our condo

BB tick tock for all coming down.

Crunch are you packed hon?  Zoey puppy is on the move now, found her legs. So thankful we get videos of her real puppy stage.  Think she may be an escape artist... trying hard to figure out the rules for airlines and dogs for next year, not working well.  Weight limit is so friggin small and includes your 

Glad you are happy Bosco, does that make you the snooter or snootee ;).  Drive that sucker up to visit us in the summer, they have a place here that will give you around $500 bucks for scrape metal could dump the car and fly back on the coin... (dumped our truck this way).  You can stay at our place for awhile and meet Zoey, bring Vino too.  ROAD TRIP  Better bang for your green back.  

Rolling down to Tulum today to pick up a vehicle, will hit Chedraui for supplies etc.. Maybe a Batey's passionfruit mojito or maybe lunch on the beach.  Seems like the crazy's have left here too Bosco.  Will see if the beach road traffic is any better cause it was a white knuckled ZOO in Feb.  No we didn't hit any water trucks BeBe.   

PJ we enjoyed the Masters too, DH streamed it on the PC and I found the MX espn channel and muted - best part it was in sync.  Love your new console, had a good chuckle on the rubber mallet... we use a nerf brick.

Ed gosh the maple syrup is quite the industry.  Another LGr Conifer Water Rat her whole family is in the business, sugar shack etc., I've always been fascinated by the procedure.  Great knives and even more wonderful is you could sink a wet/dry line!  Love fly fishin, unfortunately all my gear sold with the house, we purged everything.  Looking forward to seeing you two!

MB no mas al pastor at QO, its back up in the peublo.  So we said hi to Oscar and Pedro had a marg and walked to LaLunita.  First time I've had pulpa there, was one of the best I've had.  Said hi to Ahmed for Gem ;)  Glad we did see 4wheeled on our way into Akumal  from the island had our transfer stop and we chatted briefly as I was not feeling well.  Nice to see your booking for next year ;)   And there was a small fire across from the new North Akumal center being built, by the look of it - could have been a disaster - thankful it didn't travel far.  Apparently tourists were watching it (power line failure) - **** grab some water and help, what is wrong with YOU 

Holly sorry you are having so much pain I know how you feel.  Want you in fine form for PoMo !  Check out this website they deliver to your condo www.handsoftheartisan.com

In case you didn't know... ticks are a distant relative of the horseshoe crab.  Have only seen one tick in my life gorged on a dog, heck I would have no idea how to remove other than what I've read.  Tweezers with a slow and steady straight pull up correct?  Help me I'm a newbie country poke now with a soon to be dog.  What is the best way of removal, this is freaking me out.  I'd rather deal with horseshoe crabs!  

BeBe picture hanging is a tough job buddy, no mas ladders.  Gotta have a chat with Andrea.

Bobski sorry its over, your Mom is going to love your visit and help around the place.

Crunch they shut down the ferry to Coz for a bit due to high sea.  Glad we got over before.

Make it a wonderful evening all.

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2173
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 17:38:48 (permalink)
Good evening.  52 and mostly cloudy.  Pest control company was out mid-morning and then I headed out for some errands after they left.  Pretty laid back day with some reading and not much else.  POTUS here at a trucking firm very close to my place.  Made sure I was not anywhere near the airport or neighboring city where he visited.

MapleSyrup, hope that water recedes real soon.   

What's up with Bosco posting two days in a row?  You do recall I was down south in October and then again last month silly?.  Was curious....with the new Sun Country ownership, are the flights from Mpls to Ft. Myers back in business?

Cindy, I commend you for your diligence with the colonoscopy and mammogram.   I am lacking in that area until recently.  Ha, ha.  Feeling like Crunchie.  Too much medical as of late.  Enjoy those burgers tonight.

JJ, you cracked me up about your comment about posting daily.  Gotta say there's not a whole lot of excitement with my daily routine.  Just curious if you got all your landscape work done?  

Bernie, glad you didn't have any issues on the ladder.  Might not want to push it before your trip. Si?  Glad Andrea got the gas issue resolved.

PJ, the trees here are just starting to bud and the snow is almost gone again.  Nice entertainment console. Pretty pics of azalea bush and hickory tree.  Are  you planning to see Kat in a few weeks?

Bob, glad you made it safely to Mom's place.  So nice of you to knock everything off her to do list.  How's the deck looking one year later?  When you and your gal get together with Bernie, I would love a pic of the seafood boil or whatever you east coast folks call it. 

Jamie, wouldn't that be something if Bosco pulled a Bosco road trip to your hood.

SoSo, glad you checked in.  The pics of the Akumal web cam showed the high surge/tide.  Pretty impressive.  So neat you are getting videos of Zoey's early start in life.

Hi to all I have missed.  Sad day in France today particularly in light of Holy Week with Notre Dame Cathedral.  If you have not done so already, please send prayers for the five year old boy in Mpls. that was thrown off the 3rd floor at MOA and the Justine Damond shooting by officer Noor which is in it's second week of court proceedings for murder.

Have a peaceful evening.  MB

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/04/15 20:27:40 (permalink)
Interesting day today, all went well. Temps were supposed to top out in the high 60's, while the next three days are slated to be in the high 70's. I started out digging out the chain saw and looking at the chain. I figured if I got it running, I'd want a nice sharp chain on it. Yup, this one is dull, so I dig around and find 2 sharp chains and another dull one. Put the sharp chain on and take it outside and it wants to run!!!!, then sputter, and run and sputter. I'm thinking this saw hasn't been run for at least 6 years, well before Dad passed away, and in his last years, he didn't have the ability. So i pour the gas into a bin, sure enough, even though dad used Stabil, there is water in the gas. I remembered buying gas last year, so it a bit fresher, and I did put stabil in it. I pour a gallon into a small tank, add the 2 stroke, pour it in and it fires up with gusto. I guess I am a lumberjack today.

So, I start removing trees. Drop it, limb it, drag it to the brush pile, next tree again... Come lunch time, it's getting hot, so Mom and I go for a parts run, she needs some filters, a pump to clean the on demand water heater, picture hangers, and more. When we get back it has cooled off, so back to the trees. My lady made a shepherds pie for dinner, then more trees after dinner. I lost track, but I think I did some 20 trees, and these are of the 40-50 foot variety. Some of these, I tossed a rope over a high branch and took some tension on them before cutting, as these were all leaners, and of course, they lean towards the house.... 4 more to go.

MB, I took a look at the deck. except for the pollen, it looks just like I left last year, and no one had to paint it, which used to be an annual event or so. 

Tomorrow, we are going to visit the Billy Graham Library. We're thinking  that there is Ash wednesday, Maundy Thursday, good Friday, etc to deal with, hoping the crowds are manageable for nothing tuesday, LOL! Also, looks like I'll get to see some planes at another museum up close and personal! Camera will be in tow!

I'm gonna have to go to sleep, I seem ready for a good night's sleep for some reason...

Good evening all!
post edited by uphillklimber - 2019/04/15 20:29:13

Lovin life,
Bob

Page: << < ..936937938939940.. > >> Showing page 940 of 946
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5