AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..921922923924925.. > >> Showing page 924 of 927
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10358
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 05:47:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Gem, no worries now that the 737Max is grounded.
MB, Nipper, pretty pics.
Moonlight showed that a lot of snow melted overnight. Might get close to 60 today and I expect all snow will be gone except for the big plowed pile, and it won't be big much longer. Temps take a dive tomorrow, though, with maybe a little snow. Flood watch/warning all over SE Wisconsin.

Dr. appointment this morning, just a regular check up. I have a lingering cough from that sore throat I had last week, so will ask her to give a listen for bronchitis. It is getting annoying and maybe she can prescribe something to hurry it along and be gone.
Better get a move on, have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29450
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 06:42:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi Gary Bemis!

Si PJ. I posted a cute Tuco one last weekend. Do the kids want an AI on Coz?

SNF-  sad about the stable. I can see how it would be too much for an older couple.

Beautiful pics Nipper.

I am sorry your hip is acting up again Twirley.

60 C&C? Wow. They say bronchitis will go away in about the same time with or without antibiotics, but maybe that air travel worsened it. Glad you will see the doctor.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2992
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 07:32:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Another nice sunny day on the coast today. Current temp is 50F at 7:55 and the high at the beach will be 73 degrees. 

Did some more looking for that elusive ceramic bird bath. Found one that was colorful and it had a locking bowl. Just what I was after. Hooked up one of my garden hoses and left it in place. Must be the start of Spring. Time to set out the hummer feeder.

I called Meredith in Colorado last night after I spotted that blizzard on the news. Denver International Airport was closed and she there were 4' drifts in the yard. Her hubby got stuck in the neighborhood streets on his way home. Mer called her Mom ( she has a Range Rover ) that lives about 2 miles away to rescue John. That's embarrassing that John didn't flag down an American made pick up. Oh, Mer said a squirrel was stuck to the bird feeder. Yikes !

Today might just be a good one for a beach walk. It's been a while.

SNF, Missed your post yesterday about the spring bulbs. Y'all will go frm deep snow to near Spring like temps. Bummer on the barn hassles...again.

Cindy, that was a crazy high price to replace a wax floor seal on your toilet. About a $5 to $10 seal at Home Depot but like you said, the biggest job is to lift the entire toilet off and back on. Did the plumber pull up in a Cadillac ?

MB, I do believe that is Venus in your picture. What will the worker bees do with that sargasso in that wood container ? Yes, May will probably be about the time I'll get the Lillie Mae out of storage, clean her all up and then take a ride on the ICW. Of course, will have to top off the tank with some fresh gas first.
Thanks for the pictures.

SS, long time no see. Will you make the party in PoMo  fro a visit ?

Crunch, I bet Badger would send you some directions on how to post your pictures.

Nipper, thank you for the pics of Granada. Other than the beautiful beaches and greenery, how did the locals treat everyone on the island ?

Need another cup of coffee. See y'all later. Gotta get that garbage out.
Bernie
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/03/15 06:16:53

Weekend at Bernie's
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8459
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 07:32:22 (permalink)
Good Morning Nasties, it's Thirstday.

Shifty!! How ya been?  We've got a large group heading to Puerto Morelos in late April/early May and some of them are also going to be going to Akumal. As for me, I'm not sure if I will make it down there or not. We don't spend much time there anymore. Would be nice to see you again, maybe you can visit the gang in PM for a day?

Love the pix, MB and Nipper! Would also like to see some of Tuco.

Cindy, the reason I asked about your snow depth is because on Sunday I was talking to one of my sisters who lives in Wausau, and she said she thought they had more snow on the ground there then we did up here. I found  a website that shows totals statewide and it had us at 24" and Wausau at 22". I was curious about how much you guys had down in West Bend and it showed 5" as of Sunday. That is why I was surprised when you said you had "not quite " as much as us.

Twirls, so sorry your pain is back, hope your weather warms up and you feel better soon.

Babs and I took a load of candy and other goodies to our Mexican friends at their restaurant last night. Lotsa fun, but one of the owners, Jose, is going thru the same trouble with kidney stones that Chris recently experienced.

Light rain here started yesterday afternoon and is supposed to continue thru tomorrow, not making much of a dent in the snow yet and roads are really slippery. 
post edited by Badger - 2019/03/14 09:19:31

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 07:47:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
new bird bath

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 07:50:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oops, post crossed, Badger.  Trash already out !  Let's have no mas talk about that snow, right ? hee,hee.

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13878
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 08:07:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Good to see everyone this morning.  I'm happy because we have SUNSHINE this morning although it's incredibly windy.  We've had 7days of high winds since March 1 and temperatures nowhere near normal highs for this time of year.  

My back is a bit better today because I tried to stay in proper sleeping position.  

Badger, uh I thought we discussed that Puerto Morelos is not that great.  There's nothing to see or do.  Food is horrible.  Beach is crowded.  Go to Akumal.  It's much better there.
shape shifter 47
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 10341
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 08:17:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Paul, not sure if we will make in to PM...but will think about it.  This is special visit for Martha and I, we need to get away for a while.  The past 6 months have been tough for us.  My oldest son died this past June and my mother this past January...
We need to just kick back and clear our heads but I would like to see some of the ole LG's.

gary "coolerman" & martha
Banking off of a northeast wind, sailing on a summer breeze
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2173
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 10:26:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  81 now with a high around 86.  

Got my hour walk in early.  Enjoying a cup of coffee.  Yesterday was relaxing.  Some reading and pool time later in the day.  Didn't make it to the library fund raiser at the Lol Ha yesterday, but heard it was well attended and a huge success.  

Bernie, I was thinking the same thing about that sargasso in the wood structure.  Supposedly a truck comes when full to haul it away. Will see.    Nice bird bath.  

Nipper, Grenada looks lovely.  How was the diving?

Badger, so nice of you to bring those sweet treats back for others to enjoy.  Now you got me curious about the snow pack in my hood. Thinking it is in the same range as yours.

Gary, was wondering where you've been.  Very sorry to hear about the recent loss of your Son and Mother.  A lot to shoulder.  Congrats on your retirement and enjoy your trip with Martha.

Hope you feel better soon Cindy.  Will you be adopting a pup anytime soon now that spring might actually be on its way?

Twirls, are you still doing PT?  Seems to be fairly quiet in Akumal.  Lots of vacancy signs in HMB.  Most of the traffic is a result of the Yal Ku lagoon shuttle vans for snorkeling tours.  The new road into Akumal from 307 is great.

PJ, still another month for tax season.  Has the flooding in your area tapered off?  

New little policia station being built kitty-corner from Bellamar in north Akumal.

Have a beautiful day.  MB

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 11:47:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Howling winds, rain and a tornado watch to start my day.  
On plus side.  The redbud trees are blooming.  The woods are greening up.  
Spent some of our tax refund money on a bigger TV for the family room.
Moved the other TV upstairs to the living room.  Had not had a TV upstairs
for a while.  Gave that flat screen to SC last year. 
While we were working on that project.  SJ's sister called to say they will be stopping
by for a visit on the 23rd.  Bringing SJ's mom with.  Heading for Florida after visiting us.
While SJ was on the phone...I finished up getting the TVs hooked up and working.
Hauled away the cardboard boxes.  Cleaned up the mess.  
SJ came upstairs laughing.   He said you are something else.  Yep!  Unlike you, I read
the setup instructions.  LOL     

SS, so sorry for your loss of loved ones.  Hugs       

Crunch,  hope you are still improving daily.  
Yes, the kids are looking at the all-inclusive resorts on Cozumel. 
With an all in budget of $2000.  They should be able to make it happen.
It will be quite an adventure for them. 

Nipper,  Grenada looks lovely.  Thanks for posting pics.    

Wishing everyone a great day!

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/03/14 11:52:50

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 11:49:46 (permalink)
+2 (2)
MB,  we crossed posted.  Love the pictures!  

Picture of sweet Tuco from Crunch's FB page:

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 12:46:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Tuco is getting old. He will be 11 in May. He can still be the devil, but is mellow and chill most of the time. Sigh. My dog husband (he thinks!) LOL.

Great pics MB.  Still improving!

Nice bird bath bernie - this cracked me up "Did the plumber pull up in a Cadillac ?"

You sure do need it Gary. Hope that trip is refreshing and peaceful and healing for you both.
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2440
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 18:26:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beautiful Granada photos, Nipper!  And loving the Mexico photos too, MB.  Keep them coming! That trunk food is the best!
Bernie, I love the new bird bath.  I'm so looking forward to spring weather.
Crunch, Tuco is handsome, hopefully he has many more years with you.  How's Dad doing?
Twirley, I don't like the fact that your health always hits the ****ter when you get home.  I sure hope you can spend your winters 
in Mexico from now on.
Cindy, what did the dr say? Good on you for checking it out.  I ended up with pneumonia a couple of years ago, thinking I could beat it.  Don't be a Whoopie!  (did you see she almost died?)
Gary, good to hear from you.  I'm so sad about your losses.  It's heartbreaking.  You definitely need some down time in Akumal.
PJ, good job of setting up the tv and reading the directions!  Tatt is the same, thinks he can just look at the box.
Bobski, do you have to worry about avalanches where you are? 
SoSo, it looks like we'll miss you again.  We head back home on the 14th.  But we've got 2 weeks already scheduled for the last week of October and the first week of November. Maybe then we can get together with some of you.  It's been too long. Isn't there a few of you clubbers that go that time of year?
Frank, Jamie, Mapes, SNF, BB, JJ, and everyone else, make it a good one!
post edited by Gem - 2019/03/15 00:03:26

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/14 19:41:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all.
SS so very sorry about the loss of your family members.  Particularly your son.  We expect to give up our parents but giving up a child has to be the hardest thing a parent will ever have to go through.

PJ, hope spring has sprung for you and it will be tornado free.  

Gem, I normally am there around then.

I did a face forward, very hard crash dive in the Aldi parking lot today.  I wasn't looking down and didn't notice the asphalt parking lot was sloped and the sidewalk wasn't.  Where I parked was 4" lower than the sidewalk.  When I arrived, I walked behind the cars.  When returning, I walked out the sidewalk.  I failed to notice the drop-down and I plummeted off the sidewalk! I was astounded that I didn't break anything.  I didn't hit my head but my wrist,  shoulder, knee and hip are going to be bruised and sore.  I hit HARD!  Took me a bit to get up.  My wrist is feeling jammed.

Tomorrow I have a Dr appointment and it maybe a good thing.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10358
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 05:51:55 (permalink)
Good Morning
Good Golly, Miss Holly! Please be careful! As someone prone to that kind of stunt, (ask SNF) I do try to always look where my feet are going. Of course, then there is the danger of walking into a wall...glad nothing is broken, though.

Paul, you live rural, too, don't you usually have more snowpack than in town? Our snow totals are more often than not closer to the totals for the city of Beaver Dam than for West Bend. At any rate, after yesterday's 61F high, the snow is mostly gone. A freakin' muddy mess now. 

Dr. said the same Crunch, re: antibiotics and bronchitis. She also said it didn't sound very bad, just continue with OTC stuff. And otherwise I had a glowing checkup. Blood work all good, pretty darn healthy for an old broad. She was also amazed at my bone strength for my age; told her that's the result of growing up on a dairy farm drinking whole, unpasteurized milk. (lest anyone be appalled, our milk ALWAYS had a much lower bacteria count than anything you can buy in a store)

Babysitting for a bit this morning while DIL goes to a Dr. appt. She told me she was talking to her mother in South Dakota earlier; while we had the spring temps, they were on day 3 of blizzard conditions and no school. Yikes.

Much colder today with strong winds, back to a real coat instead of a jacket. Have a wonderful day!
Cindy
Boat drinx tonight?

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 06:33:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Gem
Bobski, do you have to worry about avalanches where you are? 

Not much to worry about in the way of avalanches around here. We are having an epic snow season, but we measure in inches here, not in feet like they do out west. Sometimes we get to exclaim something like we got 102 inches, over 8 feet of snow! We get a mix of snow here, not the light powdery stuff they get out west. Often times we get wet snow which packs down real good. Then the groomers go over it and chew it up real good to fluff it for us. I don't believe our mountains are as steep or tall as out west either. There is an area called Tuckerman's Ravine that a bunch of people go to that is nearer a mile above sea level and has steep walls.

It is on the leeward side of Mt Washington, so it gets tons of snow deposited there, 50, 60 feet or more. They do have the occasional avalanche there, but some barely meet the requirements for an avalanche (a 20' slide, for example), while others have trapped a few people who were quickly and easily dug out. Full burial is almost unheard of, it's generally a leg is locked in. I did find this spectacular picture :

Most avalanches you might see are along the order of this:

Here you can see a bunch klimbing up to ski down

Pretty much, anything lift served in New England has about zero chance of avalanche. You have to go back country to find avalanche danger.

I've been to Tuckerman's Ravine and watched some crazy good skiers there, but have never skied it. That might change now that I have developed the skills to actually ski it, but it won't be from the top, it gets crazy steep at the top. The best time to ski it appears to be in April, just about the same time I am heading to Mom's to take care of things for her. Well, I don't know if that is the best time, but I have a lift pass until mid April and weekends are wicked crowded, so I don't bother mid season. By the time I get back from Mom's it's about done, but this year, may be different. I promise pictures if I do it!

Speaking of skiing....

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 06:57:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Don't break anything before May Bob. We are looking forward to seeing you and your lovely lady.

Gem - dad seems to have finally admitted and accepted he is where he needs to be although not exactly happy by any means. He also has finally realized he is not going to die from heartbreak and may outlive his money so needs to be much more careful than he was the last year. He also realizes he burned out all his (moms) friends and burned many bridges. Having said that it is likely he has done a complete 180 since I talked with him Sunday. You never know with dad.

So glad you didn't beak anything Twirley!

How is that warm tropical air feeling MB?  I bet it is wonderful!

Glad your doctor feels you are dong very well Cindy. I bet the farm life is partly responsible. I think all these preservatives, less physical lives and stuff have had a bad effect on health for all.  Then again my dad does not make a good advertisement for living the real long life. My BIL was just in the hospital with pneumonia so I am glad you are not headed in that direction.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8459
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 07:23:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy

Paul, you live rural, too, don't you usually have more snowpack than in town? Our snow totals are more often than not closer to the totals for the city of Beaver Dam than for West Bend. At any rate, after yesterday's 61F high, the snow is mostly gone. 

Umm, no, our snow depth is usually similar to what they have in town. Here is the website I use and the neat thing is that they show snow depth totals from multiple spots in an area, including Beaver Dam in your area. On Tuesday most of that area also showed 5" total. Currently up here we have dropped to 17", but more is coming down now.

http://www.weatherstreet.com/city_snow_depth/53095-West-Bend-WI-snow-depth.htm

Twirls, I'll bet you are a mass of bruises, you gotta be more careful!
And, sorry, I forgot about our discussion on PoMo. You are right, it is a HORRIBLE place! At night the streets are infested with vicious man-eating crocodiles and you can hardly sleep at all with all of the gunshots from the ongoing gang wars.

Gary, I am so very sorry for your losses, hugs, amigo. 

Tuco is a beauty, hope your Dad continues to see the light.

I thing Boat Drinx is a good idea, lots of trip notes to compare.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 07:32:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Little bit cloudy this AM but changing to partly sunny later this morning. Current temp is 63F at 7:20 with an expected high of 73 degrees.

Didn't make it to the beach yesterday...way too windy. Did a trip to the grocery store and when I got home I spotted the guy installing the garage door opener in that new-build home. I walked over to introduce myself and asked if he had time to look at my door. He said 'sure' but he might not finish his job until 2:00. About 3 o'clock he came over to watch my door go up and down 3 times then said it was doing OK and reminded me to keep the tracks and rollers lubricated with the lithium grease I purchased. No charge and wouldn't take any money. Sweet !  Paul, thanks for your suggestion on the grease.

Today I'm supposed to help Andrea with installing those curtain brackets & rods plus putting together together a pantry cabinet. If I have any energy left, I'll drill some pilot holes to hang a hook for he humming bird feeders. Her house has large wood beams on the front porch and should make a good location for the feeder.

Good news from your doctor, Cindy. 

Thanks for the pictures, MB.

Gem, thanks for the complement on my bird bath. I'm not normally a big fan of yellow but it just 'spoke' out to me "take me home". hee,hee. What's the latest on the Hawaii gang ? Any mention of the high cost of goods yet ?

Good lord, Holly. Glad you didn't crack your head wide open !!

Oh Crunch, Tuco looks so calm and peaceful. Is that HIS couch ?  Thank you for posting that picture, PJ.

PJ, I have been meaning to ask you what time does your plane arrive on the 4th ?  I believe Andrea and I
will be heading out to Tulum around noon or so. Was hoping I could see you again.

Hi Badger. Try to stay off any ladders or a roof before PoMo, OK ?

Me need to get moving.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 08:20:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
I'm alive but extremely sore and stiff.  Bruising has commenced.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2173
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 10:34:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  

Just got back from my walk.  About an hour and 15 minutes.  Wind has picked up considerably the last couple of days. No boats out but the weather has been beautiful.  So loving the sea breeze.  Always seems to make one feel better.

Bernie, someone emptied out the majority of it since yesterday.  Holding my breath that you survive the window treatment fiesta.  No falling off the ladder.

Pretty fancy.  I thought of you Gem.

Beach at La Lunita looking south.

North

They open at 1 p.m. otherwise I would have stopped for some breakfast and a break.

This property is always so well manicured.  Managed to catch the water from one of their sprinklers.

Badger, thanks for the link.  Need to save that to my favorites.  Like it better than the MN DNR website.  post

PJ, you should post a pic of that redbud blooming.  When I first read your post I thought I saw rebud.  Thanks for the laugh about the TV set up.  

Cindy, good news from the doctor.  I too was concerned it might lead to something else as Crunch eluded to.

Speaking of which, Crunchie, hope your BIL is on the mend.  Nothing to mess around with.  Good to hear you are improving.  You will probably be snorkeling circles around the others soon.  Great on the Dad front.  Tuco is such a handsome lad.

SoSo, met Foster early this morning.  Both of us came around the staircase corner at same time and startled
each other.  

Twirls, glad you weren't seriously injured.  One of these times you may not be so lucky.  

Bobski, those are some real die hards.  No thanks, I prefer a chair lift.

Be well, MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/03/16 13:34:31

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 10:55:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy, breezy and chilly here.  About all we received from the storm was high winds and lower temps. 
Very little rain.  Which is good.  We didn't need any more rain.
Decided I will take lil doggie and head to Nashville for a weekend visit with SC. 
Haven't been to her place since we moved her into the apartment back in December. 
SJ is going to bug bomb the house while we are gone. 
Been seeing a lot of fake ladybugs, spiders and scorpions in the house. 
Then scrub floors downstairs with bleach cleaner....which I can't tolerate the smell of.
Needs to clean up his man cave before his mama comes the next weekend. LOL
So best for me to just vacate for the weekend. 
Working on laundry today.    

Twirls,  sorry about your fall.  Sure didn't need that. 

Bernie, our flight doesn't land until after 1:00 pm.  Maybe we can do a day trip to Akumal.
Getting excited to see that trip ticker down below 2-month mark.  

MB,  hope all is well and you are enjoying the warmth.  Love the pics!  

Cindy, hope the cough subsides soon.  

Gem,  how did the cookie baking session go?

UpHill,  all looks dangerous to me.  LOL   Glad, you are able to enjoy those steep slopes.  Ski on!

Badger,  stay safe and warm.  Cringe every time I think about how you work outside in sub-zero weather.
Bet a 32F day feels almost tropical to you.  

Time to get moving.   Wishing everyone a beautiful day!

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 12:29:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good choice to vacate PJ!

50 and sunny, but the wind chill is brutal.  C'mon heat.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 14:54:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Redbud tree beginning to bloom.

Peartree in bloom.

Cudi looking cute after her grooming.

Elphie and Cudi enjoying a walk in the sunshine.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/03/15 20:37:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all
MB, glad you are enjoying your time.

PJ, good idea to vacate and visit SC.

Crunch, glad dad settled.

I went to dinner at Avanzare with Angela, David and Ann.  We had a scrumptious time.  My buddy Bob had given me a gift card to Avanzare awhile back. He said Tony, the owner, had given it to him years ago and Bob didn't know if there was any credit on it, but there was!  $55.00 credit!  It was at least 10 years old!  Couldn't believe it!  It was a fun evening and I was home safe by 8pm.  Chris had everything under control and I brought him the leftovers.  He was happy

Page: << < ..921922923924925.. > >> Showing page 924 of 927
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5