AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..906907908909910.. > >> Showing page 908 of 1044
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 09:06:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Happy Valentine's Day!  Hugs and love to all of you!  

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 11:11:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Update on Crunch from Tomas on FB:
Update from minutes ago. Chest tube came out yesterday and Foley catheter came out this morning,
leaving just the oxygen line and the IV, so Kim is almost tubeless. Difficult day yesterday became much better
after draining three liters of fluid. Still shooting for release tomorrow.
Recovery, while quicker than open-heart surgery, will still take some time and she will need a couple weeks.
The hounds will love having her as company during the week.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 17:46:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening. 15 and fair skies.  A snow squall dropped an 1".  Just did a quick cleanup on driveway.  Temps dropping this evening.  Had a good day and ended up at WalMart for a few trip items and then to local hardware for a toilet knob and lever.  Tried to get the old one off......no luck.  Had some news from a dear friend that they underwent quad bypass surgery on Sunday.  Doing well and recovering  in hospital.  

Twirls, sorry I missed your call last evening.  Hope you had  good day.

Nice chat Bernie.

Pam, thanks for updating us on Kim.  Great news. 

Cindy, it is stressful the morning of your flight.  When the attendant closes the door, you can breath.

Hola to all I've missed.  Remembering the victims of the Parkland, FL shooting one year ago.  Hug the ones you love.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/02/14 17:57:21

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 18:26:12 (permalink)
+4 (4)
My Beautiful Mama...so sweet they did Valentine photos.  Not bad for 89 eh?

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 18:37:05 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Too funny about the "hands of boys!"  Going to spend the day with them tomorrow.  Helping Baylee take them for their 4 mo exam and shots.  I'll have to find an earlier photo of them with their Daddy that is super cute  (well, I might be a bit biased)  
Nipper love the heart on the rock!
Keep healing, Crunch.  Yikes, 3 liters is a lot of fluid.  I'll bet you feel better getting rid of that!
MB, Cindy, Badger, Maple and any of you others that are shoveling snow, please be careful!  We're getting too old for that! (except of course, Bobski, who seems to thrive in the land of white!)
All you Po Mo brats, I'm sure you are so looking forward to May.  Next year, I'm not booking anything until I check your plans!
Everyone be well and stay safe~

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 18:44:15 (permalink)
+4 (4)

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 18:57:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Dang Gem.  Been meaning to comment on those two cuties.....and your Mom is absolutely beautiful.  Look forward to update on your daughter and safe arrival.  Hugs. MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/02/14 19:00:37

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 21:03:08 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Evening VD Participants and those that abstain

GEM, cutie pie boys.

Crunch, I don't know what could top your Valentine's day... getting a well functioning heart!  That's the PERFECT GIFT!  

I took Angela and husband,David, a Valentine's bag with 2 PRIME filets,  fresh veggies and a few nice chocolate treats.  They are doing NO CARBS thing.

Ann came here and we had a dinner of Maine lobster tails, prime filet and lobster Mac and cheese.  Cherry pie for dessert.

I did dinner treats for a few others and donated to a local cat rescue, all making a great Valentine's present for myself!  

Pearl and Margarita had check ups at our favourite vet and I took the staff a bag of Brownie Brittle to share.  Both dogs had good reports but Pearl now weighs 73.6 lbs even though she's on a diet to lose weight!  The vet said she seems thinner so it's apparently all muscle and she is incredibly strong.  

I enjoyed the day bringing a bit of joy to others.  I hope everyone one of you had a lovely day. 
It was 62°here today so I drove the Camaro.  Tomorrow is a winter storm coming in around 9 am. Freezing rain, sleet, ice and then snow.  I won't be going anywhere soon.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 22:20:40 (permalink)
+4 (4)
WAY FUNNY!
Our local news team on KY3 just LOST IT while trying to report on a Wichita KS bomb scare at a Wal-Mart.  The bomb scare initiated because a man walked into the bathroom and announced that "you all better vacate now, because I'm fixin to blow this place up!"  The evacuees, taking him literally rather than figuratively, reported to management and the bomb squad was alerted. Which caused an evacuation and...
Right in the middle of the report, the 2 news crew people understood the REAL MEANING BEHIND the situation and LOST IT... Giggles at first then full LOL and the female, Lisa Rose, had to pass it over to her partner, Ethan Forhetz.  He tried to finish but tears started rolling down his face from LOL and he had to just duck his head shaking with laughter.  He tried again a couple of times but had to pause again.  By then I was LOL.  They finally tried to finish that story and move on but there was still a few moments when you could tell they were thinking about it again!
I do love a great LOL true story.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 04:35:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Valentines, it's Friday.

Sure hope Crunch is feeling better today, has anyone seen any updates?

Gem, your Mom is a lovely lady.

MB, that toilet lever probably has a left hand thread, so you need to twist it in the opposite direction from what you would normally do. 

Twirls, I really need a photo of Pearl, hard to believe that she is that big, no wonder she can pull you up from sitting.

Bernie, nice talking to you yesterday, any progress on the garage door?

Boat Drinx tonight, I'll have to try to settle Chris's nerves down.

Working at a friend's house this week and took this photo the other day of him starting to remove the snow from the storm we got earlier this week.

post edited by Badger - 2019/02/15 04:39:08

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 04:54:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Thanks for the morning laugh, Holly. Too funny! Sounds like something Chris might say, minus the southern twang.

Yesterday our temps went up to 42, was still 40 around 5pm! Right now? 10F. wind chill: -10. Freight train wind again. And every little bit of arthritis in me is complaining. Will have to keep moving today to maintain mobility. Chris is home today, sort of. He has lab blood work this morning and then this afternoon one more final checkup with the urologist.

Gem, love the matching jammies pic! And your Mom does look good!
Crunch, hope everyday is better for you, and that you can go home today and be with your pups. 

I had to stop in at the grocery store where our pharmacy is yesterday to pick up some prescriptions. Path to the pharmacy took me past the floral section. All I could think was, glad I'm not working as a florist anymore! We acknowledged Valentine Day with a greeting and a kiss. Good enough!
Have a wonderful day all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 07:26:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Friday

Badger...Tomas posted that he will be leaving the plant at 0800 and heading to Dallas. Still on track for bringing Crunch home today. (Readers Digest version)

Mild and windy right now. Supposed to get some snow tonight per our local weather guessers. Yet my weather channel app shows no snow whatsoever. Who the hell are you supposed to believe?

Pool and grocery today.

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 08:16:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Partly cloudy out this AM but the sun is starting to peek out. The current temp is 52F at 7:45 with a high of 66 degrees.  Woke up in the middle of this dream and wanted to go back to sleep so I could finish the dream. It was weird as most dreams are and took place back in the '80s when I worked in downtown Denver. No idea what prompted that remembrance. Anyway, Freddie had other ideas about me sleeping in. hee,hee.

Yesterday I spent a little time checking out the potential problem on my garage door. I suspect the metal tracks are causing the rollers to 'catch' a little in a spot where the vertical track meets the curved portion of the track. I didn't want to start loosening up any of the nuts & bolts on the track until it is a little warmer day. 

Last night I went to Roberto's for the Thursday night bang-Bank shrimp. Bar and restaurant was already
packed for Valentine's Day by 5:30; I had to park in the over-flow field next to the building. I had a good time talking with the guy sitting next to me. He was in the construction business out on the island, building new homes for folks retiring to the beach. He had some interesting stories to tell about dealing with a few of his customers that were "somewhat" difficult to work with and just didn't understand building a home on top of a giant 'sand box' by the ocean. 

Today I'll probably go to Lowe's to get some white lithium grease to lube the rollers and metal tracks on the garage door as Badger has suggested. 

Hey Crunch, I bet you were very happy to get some of those tubes out of you. Crossing my fingers that you will be well enough to get out of there and go home today.

Gem, cute picture of the boys with papa all camouflaged together. Your Mom looks great at her age.

Holly, funny story about the man that "was going to blow up the place". In retrospect, those people in the same bathroom probably appreciated his warning. hee,hee. Is Pear's size/weight normal for her breed ?

Thanks for that picture, Badger. That's a lot of snow !

Thank you BeachBilly for the update on Crunch.

Hi Cindy & Chris. Just about a week away for Roatan. You guys staying the the same place as before ?

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 08:58:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
Freezing rain has already started here.  Looks like .5" of ice in some form and snow on top.

Yes, Pearl is appropriate height and length but her girth bigger than normal and not just fat but bone structure and muscle.  Her shoulders are very wide set like a mastiff or catahoula.  We don't know what her daddy was but otherwise a typical heeler/Aussie mix.  I believe they are called Texas heeler.  The vet said her head, jaws and teeth would rival a pit bull.  I worry about her ruining her teeth the way she chews up even buffalo horns and bones but he said her teeth are beautiful and don't show signs of wear.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 09:57:26 (permalink)

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 11:01:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy skies.  With rain or possible freezing rain on the way.  
Need to go grocery shopping.  However...refrigerator won't stay on.  Kept tripping GFI outlet. Grrrr!
Hadn't even had my coffee yet.  Just about cried thinking about carrying all the contents downstairs to
put in fridge down there.  How many trips up and down the stairs that would take.  Just didn't have it in
me at that point.  So I fed the pets, did yard patrol while having some coffee and thought about all I had read online.
Went with the not really recommended quick fix. Got it going by using a heavy duty extension cord. 
Plugged that into the outlet in the laundry room that is not a GFI.  So far so good. 
The refrigerator has stayed on for a couple of hours now.  The new wiring harness came yesterday. (took forever)
So hopefully tonight or tomorrow we can get that installed.  But first SJ needs to change out the electrical outlet. 
Get rid of the GFI outlet. 

BeachBilly,  thanks for the update on Crunch.  Sure hope she gets to go home today.
Enjoy the swimming exercise.    

Twirls,  lovely gifts you gave your friends and neighbors for Valentine's Day. 
Miss Pearl is getting big!  Don't know why I thought she would be around 40lbs when grown.
We need to see new pics of her.    

C&C,  Hope all goes well for Chris at the urologist.

Gem,  Beautiful pic of your mom.  Those babes with their dad in matching PJs are adorable.

Bernie,   Bang, Bang shrimp always sounds so good!  You were a brave soul to venture out
on Valentine's evening to a restaurant.   We ordered take out from fav Mexican restaurant. LOL

Badger,  that is a lot of snow on your buddies roof!  Removal looks dangerous.  

After half a pot of coffee....feeling better about my small problems. 
Guess better get dressed and go to get at least some groceries.  We have a date for Jackson Symphony
tomorrow night.  Suppose to bring appetizers, finger food and wine for the table SJ's company reserved.
Really wanted to prepare food today.  Just have to put it all in beer frig.  Working tomorrow across the street.
Won't have time to do it later. 

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!  

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 13:24:28 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Update on Crunch's FB page:

We are out of here!

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 13:41:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
From SoSo on FB:
Sunrise of the day.

The seed in the background is half the size of my baby finger nail. Tiny baby.

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 16:06:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ, thanks so much for posting the pictures, looks like crunch might have lost some weight, helluva way to do it though. So glad to hear she is heading home to Tom and her beloved dogs.

Bernie, you are sure brave going to a restaurant on Valentine's Day. Probably the second worst day to go out to dine, right after New Years' Eve but thankfully without the drunks.

Cindy, hope your arthritis is better.

Badger, that is one big mass of snow, wowee!

PJ, sorry to hear your fridge is acting up again, hope SJ can get it fixed. Might want to price new ones just in case.

Hope Bobski is getting his skiing fix, maybe he will check in tomorrow since I think his pass is for weekdays only.

Twirley, that was so generous of you with the Valentine's Day handouts, and yet so typical. Glad you had a nice dinner with friends. You need to post a picture of Pearl, maybe you could put one on FB and ask PJ or someone to post it here for you. Would love to see it.
Funny story about the newscast and "bomb" threat

More rain yesterday and yet more for Sunday, rainfall to date is almost triple last year. Good for our reservoirs and of course the local skiers who are getting snow.

MB, my TV works fine, the problem is the power does not turn all the way off. Called Geek Squad yesterday, took me a hour with a VERY annoying woman who kept putting me on hold for 10 minutes at a time, but finally got an appointment for next Thursday, someone will come out and replace the unit.

Gem, your mother looks great, nice looking woman.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 16:57:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, glad you're going home, and You look MAHVELOUS.

Not so much good news for Chris, he still has a low grade infection. Waited nearly an hour at the pharmacy, but the urologist's office had not sent the email thru. Pharm assistant, Sandy, (we are like old friends, now, LOL) even called over there and told them we were waiting. How long could it possibly take to send a one line email?  Finally gave up waiting, Chris can go pick it up in the morning and start the new antibiotics. Again. Also flurry of phone calls from PCP. After the blood work this morning. His A1C has skyrocketed. Now want him to make appt. for "specialty clinic" ? That will be in early April. In the meantime, there is gonna be some serious carb cutting 'round here. Go for more of an Atkins diet.  Maybe now I will finally convince him to  e a t   s  l  o  w  e  r.

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 18:09:45 (permalink)
+4 (4)
Chris's blood sugar is probably elevated because of the infection, but he needs to reduce it by whatever means neccesary.

Finally had a meal. Stopped by a fave Mexican restaurant for tortilla soup. Yum!

Can't wait to shower 🚿at home with no tubes although it will take me forever to pay dry all these incisions lol.

I layed down for a nap a d Rico laid next to me with an "arm" on me. Too sweet.

I have read all the posts and have comments to them all, but not enough to gas quite yet. Great pics of all the famils, son and babies and lovely mom Gem.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/15 19:31:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening all.  Nice day.  Did another tan session and headed to TJ to look for a new bathing suit.  No such luck.  Came home and had a bite to eat.  Called oxygen supplier to pick up equipment; said they had not heard from lung doc to pic up equipment.  I had called lung/sleep clinic over a week ago inquiring if they had placed the pickup order..  No big deal I guess.  I just need to sign some sort of disclaimer on Monday.  

Kim, I gotta say you look amazingly good and so happy you are back home.  Tom can help you with the shower and always amazes me how our fur friends know when we need TLC.  

Twirls, so nice of you with the gifts and your dinner sounded delicious.  If you are actually eating all this great food, you should be at your optimal weight or very close to it. 

Jamie, well hopefully Geek Squad figures it out but good to know TV works in the meantime.  My smart 4K eats up the batteries....and if you don't replace when the message tells you they are getting low it does what it wants.  Spent an hour the other evening trying to turn off the audio and closed caption. 

Badger, thank you for your sound advice.  Called my plumber and said what's up?  You were spot on.  Will deal with it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Gem, any word on daughter's arrival?  

Bernie, Thursday is becoming your bang bang shrimp night.   How's Deb doing?

Cindy, hopefully Chris gets this all straightened out soon before the trip.  

PJ, really hoping you get that fridg/electrical issue solved soon.  Scares me.

Hola, BeachBilly, Bob, Bosco, Susy, Gem, SNF, JJ and the list goes on.  Have a beautiful weekend. MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/16 05:14:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Because we were busy with boat drinx last night, I did not see the news of the latest mass shooting. Kind of hit me hard this morning; Aurora is quite close to where I grew up. Mom lived there when she and Dad started dating. I went on many dates there (before Chris). One of the towns/ cities we could see the lights from in our front yard on the farm. Just so sad that this keeps happening. Seems like the mental health of this country has just fallen apart.

MB, I agree. He really needs to get healthy! I love Roatan, but heath care there is, well, rather primitive. I hope this latest round of antibiotics takes care of the infection. Need to remind him this morning to order more Florastor to counteract the antibiotic's effect on the gut. There is so much good food there, I'd hate to see him moping around if he couldn't enjoy it.

Kim, pet therapy is the best! Keep on getting better.
Hola to all, have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/16 05:32:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola!!! I've been busy skiing. Each day I got stronger after kicking that cold. I'd go until I ran out of energy and then go home. I'm at 64 days of skiing this year so far. I'm off until the 25th as my pass blacks out school vacations and weekends. You know, the days it is so busy that I don't want to be there anyways! I'm off to do some snow shoe hiking after a dump run this morning, with a friend who is hiking the Appalachian trail this year. He's calling it training, I'm calling it fun! Yesterday, was an epic day of skiing. It was snowing, more than an inch per hour, so we had fresh snow all day long. I skied about 6 hours in this stuff! The deep fresh snow can work you, but I figured this was my last day for 9 days, so why not give it my all!

Kim, that is a good looking picture of you ready to head home! So glad this is done for you, onto healing up!

I'm starting to put together a trip to Mom's happening in April. I've got quite the list of small things to do while I am down there. We look forward to this trip. I take care of Mom, spend time with her, visit my aunt and uncle, spend some time with Bernie, then we head to DC to see her folks and this time, we can actually go into the Smithsonians as we no longer have widdle doggie in tow, then we head back thru Connecticut to see more of her family. It's quite the whirlwind tour, but we look forward to it. 

I gotta run, so much to do today, so little time!

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/16 06:55:32 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Saturday.

Crunch, you do indeed look marvelous, so nice you got some "puppy love".

MB, glad that I could be of help!

Bernie, let me know how the garage door fix goes.

PJ, thanks for the pix.

I must of had a little too much fun during Boat Drinx last night, I've got a tiny bit of a hangover for the first time in a long while.

Wag more....bark less.
Page: << < ..906907908909910.. > >> Showing page 908 of 1044
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5