AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..906907908909910.. > >> Showing page 907 of 1044
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 04:59:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
next trip is getting close. . . time to start fretting over the 10 day weather forecast

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 07:21:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Wednesday

I hadn't noticed the babies hands either

Cold here again but at least the sun is shining!

Cindy...I thought you and Chris usually fake-baked before a trip. When I started swimming after I retired, I couldn't stand being so white. I've been going to the bed about once a week since December. Just fo some color. I'll ramp it up before May.

So glad all is well with Ms. Crunch!

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 08:20:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

It's a little cloudy out this morning but we will have sun by the time afternoon arrives. We have a current temperature of  56F at 7:51 and I can feel the humidity. The high will be 60 degrees on the beach.

Yesterday was a few errands and nothing unusual. I got breakfast at The Dog House, then off to Walgreen's to get a 'script and then to the bank. My last stop was at Lowe's Home improvement to get three 1 x 2's cut at 33" each. I had promised Andrea I would get them for the sliding glass doors in the rental home. All three doors are in the front of the house and she will use the wood pieces as a "poor man's security system".  I laugh, as every sliding glass door I have ever owned had a long piece of wood that one placed in the door channel to prevent it from opening. Simple and cheap.

So happy to hear that Crunch was doing well. Thank you Patty and PJ for the updates.

Crunch, here's to a speedy recovery.

Gem, cute picture of the little twins. Thank you for sharing.

MB, Badge, C&C.. too much cold,ice and snow...vacation time to the warm sea is definitely needed.

I forgot to ask Cindy. What is the routing for the trip to Roatan ? Milwaukee to which connecting city and do you have to spend a night there then fly out to Roatan the next day ?

BeachBilly, only about 2 1/2 months until fun and sun !

Time to get cleaned up.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 09:02:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
We are having a winter storm too and pretty much everything is closed or delayed opening.  We should be getting 15 cm (6") and other places  up to 60 cm (12") with wind to keep moving it around. Then we will have ice pellets and freezing rain and finally some rain late today. Yes, a big mess.

Edit: Frank pointed out that the numbers don't work. The 60 cm should be 30 cm and that would be 12". My fingers don't always type what I'm thinking. Sorry. 
post edited by nipper - 2019/02/14 07:04:38

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 09:15:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Sad to report that Dear Froggy passed away yesterday.  The frog angels are singing loudly in heaven.  She was a lovely woman.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 10:17:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
From Soso's FB page:
Martes, Feb 12 2019. Our deepest sympathies are with Robyn's (Froggy) family and friends,
truly felt her presence this morning while capturing this sunrise in one of her favorite places.

SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3242
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 10:39:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning!
Sparkly winter wonderland here - as in I wonder where all this ice came from and when it will go away.  Weathermen had predicted rain and warmer temps today - hasn't happened yet.  Horses shall stay in until the ice is gone.

Thanks for the updates on Crunch Patty and PJ. 

PJ  Pamela seems to have been a popular name a "couple" of years back! There are 4 of us in the group of riders that I hang out with. Possibly 3 of us going to be riding in the next clinic. Instructors are forced to use our last names. We make it harder on them by dressing alike too!

Beautiful shots Soso!  Condolences to Froggy's family.

Sure hope all the snow storms give you a break in 10 days C&C!

Gem those babies are adorable X2!

Keav & Pam

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 10:48:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Our barn

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 10:50:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Road in to our home, so pretty.

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 10:52:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Made a batch of soupa de limon with extra veggies, that's all I got! Sad day.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 11:04:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
We have sunshine and blue sky again.  Yes!
Spent a long time outside with pets.  Then returning some phone calls that came in while we were outside.
SIL called and said the appt. calendar is filling up for Saturday.  
Time for me to start coming over to handle the phones, take appts. and greet tax clients.
Then provided a reference for an acquaintance who is trying to get a job as a CNA at the county
nursing home.  Hope she gets the job.  
Finally got all the dust bunnies from the pets and the wood stove vacuumed up in the family room area.  
Today getting out the bucket and mop.  Give it a good mopping up.  Then shampoo the 8 x 10 rug. 
Finish up down there.  Already washed all the area rugs.  Have them ready to put back down.

Gem, those twins are adorable.  So precious!

So very sorry to read about the passing of LG Froggy.  Never had the pleasure of meeting her in Akumal.
But remember her many posts in years past.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.   

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/02/13 11:07:46

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 13:27:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
From Tomas on FB this morning:
Crunch is doing well this morning. She is up and walking around the CVICU with Physical Therapy assistance with all the tubes and wiring. She hopes to get the chest drain removed today because it is causing a lot of pain, which, they explained before the procedure, would happen because it routes right next to a nerve.
We've sent a few texts back and forth, but she's still not up to her usual "electronic presence".
I had to return to work but can't wait to see her Friday and I so hope she will be able to come home that day.
Thank you all!

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 14:29:58 (permalink)
+5 (5)
 tI am so soory to hear about Robyn. A very nice lady.

I must say that winter weather looks awful too.
Turns out I WAS born with a bicuspid valve and usually they go bad when you are in your 20's. i have already moved out of icu to a tetmetry room and they removed all the neck lines. hopefully chest tube and foley out tomorrow and home Friday.  , and mabe oxygen off too.  no complaints at all . Just feel blessed.  Tom is the best husband.  

NAP TIME1
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 14:53:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
This morning I cleared a path on the deck to the back door and the heating oil fill valves. Fingers felt like icicles ready to break off even with doubled up gloves. Sun came out and after I was thawed I went to work on a path to the front door. Still a layer of ice under the snow, but I'm hoping Mr. Sol will put a dent in it. While out in front, I saw that the driveway had completely drifted shut. About 6-7 yards of over knee high snow. So I shoveled some more.  If I can muster up the energy to fix my hair and put on some make up, I believe it is a Hitching Post night. That is, unless the snowmobilers haven't taken the place over. Will sleep like a rock tonight.

Claire, we stopped doing the fake n bake 2 or 3 years ago. Chris always wears a shirt when snorkeling now, so really only needs sunblock for the back of his neck. And while my thighs are on the pale side, I still have visible tan lines from last summer. When I had my hair appointment on Monday, the stylist asked me where I'd been to get so tan.  I'm not very fair to begin with, for a person of all northern European descent. Runs in the family. My older sister Kate looked positively Mediterranean. How that happened with German, Scandinavian, Polish and French is anybody's guess. Maybe some Moors sneaked up into northern France.

Bernie, MKE's flights are always considerably higher than Ord or Midway. O'Hare is just another hour south of MKE, and that's where we're flying from, to Houston, one hour lay over and on to Roatan. (5 hour layover on the way home) Pam and Keav land an hour earlier than us, so they'll just have to have some tropical cocktails while they wait for us and our transportation driver. Can't wait to get away from winter!
Cindy
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/02/13 18:57:48

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 15:00:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch! good to hear from you! Have a good nap!

Video
Pix
YouTube

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3797
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 16:49:55 (permalink)
+2 (2)
crunch, so glad to hear from you and that all went so well with your surgery.

Twirley so very sorry to hear about Froggy's passing, only met her once a long time ago.
Glad to hear you and PJ are both getting some sun.

Gem, cute babies.

Saw the weather on the news at noon, they were saying Wisconsin might get another foot of snow (not sure where in Wisconsin), hope Badger and Babs are staying nice and warm. Same for Chris and Cindy, and also MB. Worry about her shoveling all that snow.

New TV was installed yesterday and old one hauled away. It works fine although the power does not turn off all the way, get a "No Signal" message and when I got up in the morning, the power light was on. Have a call in to the tech from Best Buy, hope he calls back today or tomorrow, if not will call the store.
Won't whine about our weather when so many of you have so much worse to put up with, other than to say it is raining again and supposed to get another inch or two tomorrow - drip, drip, drip --- sigh.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 18:39:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Had a much needed restful day.  Plow came through again around 7 a.m. so I tackled that after a couple cups of coffee.  Then I got myself cleaned up for the day.  Grabbed Maya off a dining room chair while napping and into her carrier she went. Off to Vet's office for exam, urinalysis, 3-year rabies vaccine and a nail trim.  Dropped the princess off at home and then headed for the tanning salon.  Bought an unlimited 30-day package and hypoallergenic fragrance free tanning lotion.  Then a quick stop at grocery store.  Has anyone tried the "Eat Smart" fresh cut green beans from the produce department?  I could make an entire meal of them.  Also bought 2 small slices of brownie cheesecake marketed by "the Father's table" where 50% of profits go to charity.  

So happy about Kim's progress.  Prayers and hugs for both of you.  What an emotionally draining time.  

Cindy, I think we both want to move on to tropical.  I need to re-acclimate my eyes to contacts tomorrow .  Been a couple of months since I've worn them.  Yikes.  Hope you had enough energy to make it to the Hitching Post.

Jamie, heard on the news this morning that CA is expecting quite a bit more rain in the fire ravished areas.  Hope you can that new TV up and running soon.  That's frustrating.

Hola Bernie.  

SNF, that icy stuff is the worst.  Soon it will be a faint memory.

Badger, hope your week is going well.  March can't come soon enough for me.

Twirls, never had the pleasure of meeting Robyn.  Peace and love for her family and friends.

SoSo, nice tribute to Froggy with the beautiful pics.  Hugs.

Bob, hope you are feeling better and have fun skiing in that new snow tomorrow.

Be well all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/02/13 18:48:47

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 20:35:04 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

Glad to hear that you are well on the way to full recovery, Kim.

Frikken SNOW.  I feel so sorry for you folks up there.  PLEASE, be very careful not to over do.

Ann had a pretty $hitty day so I gave her early Valentine's goody bag with card, heart shaped cheese and chocolates.  I have bags for the family across the street and a couple of little girls down the street and the GF who drove me to the Dr most of the time.   I bought myself some flowers.  

Cindy, I hope that you get a lovely dinner out.  You deserve it.  Warm thoughts.

I wanted a McCallisters deli Reuben but having a Marie's chicken pot pie.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 21:28:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Soleil Soul
Our barn

SOSO--When you say "our barn" are you talking about the "neighborhood barn/clubhouse" or do you and your husband own the big red barn?  Hoping the later.  I'm talking about the big red barn with no doors installed and only a few windows in place.  Or am I way off base and it is a barn somewhere out in the middle of nowhere  How far is it from your house?

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 21:38:32 (permalink)
+2 (2)
nipper
We are having a winter storm too and pretty much everything is closed or delayed opening.  We should be getting 15 cm (6") and other places  up to 60 cm (12") with wind to keep moving it around. 

Nipper--Your math isn't making any sense to me.  I am not very educated in the centimeters/inches conversion.  But here is what I see:  Of 15 cm=6 " of snow wouldn't 60cm equal 24" of snow?  60cm is 4x 15cm.  So wouldn't 60cm be 4x 6 which equals 24 inches of snow?
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 05:18:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy
next trip is getting close. . . time to start fretting over the 10 day weather forecast

Chris, why in the world would you worry about something you cannot control, especially 10 days ahead of time?

Good Morning Clubbers, it's Thirstday.

OK, BeachBilly admitted it, now 'fess up, how many of the rest of you went back to look at where the boys' hands were?

Thanks for checking in Crunch, sure hoping your pain lessens soon!

Frank, your math equation this early in the morning makes my head hurt.

I did meet Froggy a couple of times, a funny lady.

Not much time for the internet this morning, gotta get back at the snow removal.

Forgot to say...HAPPY VD!
post edited by Badger - 2019/02/14 07:01:53

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 06:05:03 (permalink)
0 (2)
Badger
Chris, why in the world would you worry about something you cannot control, especially 10 days ahead of time?

Right?!? the worst is the day of travel. He's a complete mess of jitters and crankiness until his butt is in his seat on the plane. Makes me crazy.

Good Morning
I did indeed sleep like a rock. Shoulders are a bit achy this am, though. Jamie, when you mentioned something about a foot of snow in Wisconsin, I had to go check NOAA again. whew! not us. We are in for some rain/snow tonight, but less than 1/2 inch if that. Should be warm enough today for some of the old ice to melt. I'll probably go out for a while to chip some more off to move the process along. Front steps are the worst, about 3/4 of an inch of ice. I managed to chip enough off that with careful foot placement one can get up or down. But emphasis on CAREFUL.

Never met Froggy, but condolences to the family.
Frank, it's the community clubhouse. SoSo has posted pics in the past. Pretty sure it has all it's windows and doors, they've held events there.
Post burger was delish last night, but I left my to-go box in the car. Good thing it is still cold enough to be as good as the fridge. Was worried the place would be packed, as Chris missed the bus he usually takes. He got on the next one, but was followed by a large family group (with balloons!) that took 15 minutes to get on and 15 minutes to get off. All the regular commuters were not happy campers.  I did enjoy not having to cook or clean up afterwards.
If I get the laundry done quickly, I think I might make a trip to Costco again. They have some Dysons, and my downstairs vacuum is still giving me problems. I have 2 Hoover WindTunnels, one for upstairs, one for down, but the downstairs one is not working and I don't want to put more money in it. They are heavy, and a pain to haul up & down. Chris gave me the OK to make the purchase. Will make life easier.

Have a wonderful day, all, and Ms. Crunch FEEL BETTER!
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 07:02:13 (permalink)
+2 (2)
CallMeFrank
nipper
We are having a winter storm too and pretty much everything is closed or delayed opening.  We should be getting 15 cm (6") and other places  up to 60 cm (12") with wind to keep moving it around. 

Nipper--Your math isn't making any sense to me.  I am not very educated in the centimeters/inches conversion.  But here is what I see:  Of 15 cm=6 " of snow wouldn't 60cm equal 24" of snow?  60cm is 4x 15cm.  So wouldn't 60cm be 4x 6 which equals 24 inches of snow?

You are correct, Frank. My math was OK but my fingers weren't.  It should have been 30 cm or 12".  We did end up getting more than the 6" forecast plus some ice pellets but at least it didn't rain on top of that. It is sunny this am and quite pretty outside and not too cold, for a change.

I was so glad to see that crunch came through her surgery well. 

I met Robyn once at a large AASB gathering in Akumal - 2011 I think. She always seemed to be lots of fun to be around. My condolences to her friends and family.

Happy Valentine's Day! I found this on the shore of the Bay of Fundy, not too far from here.

post edited by nipper - 2019/02/14 09:49:16

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 08:15:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

A beautiful sunny sky this AM. The current temp is 36F at 8:09 with a beach high of 61 degrees. Up to the 70's tomorrow.

Didn't do much yesterday other than grocery shopping and not a whole lot on today's schedule. Trash is already outside.

Today I need to find someone to look at my garage door; it's starting to make 'unnatural' noises. hee,hee.
It probably only needs a normal service call but I haven't found anyone that is close to my area yet.

Cindy, departure out of the Chicago area makes sense. More competition out of ORD and MDW should result in lower airline pricing. The countdown starts. Please be really really careful outside in that ice. You or Chris DO NOT need any sprained, twisted, broken anything. Oh, I did spot a Dyson on sale when I was in Costco Monday. I didn't pay much attention to it but believe it was the model V8. I would check the Dyson web site before you purchase at Costco, as Dyson offers factory direct sales on some models. Check for the model that offers two powered heads : one for carpet and another for wood/tile floors. I believe that model is the V7.

SoSo, that road picture with all the snow & ice on the trees looks beautiful but very cold.

Sorry to hear the news about Froggy. Holly, remember the time we went to visit her in Tulum ?  She was staying in a small casita in the back of a big house. I think that was the last time I saw her. Rest in peace Robyn.

Badger, you didn't say anything about your driveway cleaning job yesterday. Assuming it went OK. Sunny warm temps ahead in a few months...come on PoMo !!

Hi back at ya, MB.

Hi nipper. Makes no matter if centimeters or inches, it's way too much for me. Hope it warms up a little.

Crunch, glad to hear all went well for you. What did the doc say about the length of time before you can travel ? Hope the recovery is not too hard. 

Time to get ready for the day.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/14 09:04:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Valentine's day.

I was a sleepy head today.
Page: << < ..906907908909910.. > >> Showing page 907 of 1044
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5