AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..906907908909910.. > >> Showing page 906 of 1028
Author
barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4426
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 21:14:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good luck Kim! You forgot to mention the wires in case they need to jump start you...I was almost in shock when I saw John after his valve replacement - all those tubes and wires and IV's and monitors, very scary looking. But I knew he was in good hands and they were watching him very carefully.
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 00:20:05 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Prayers for you Kim and also to Tomas❤️
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 05:26:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Awake way too early at 4:13am.  Margarita was whining to go out and pee.  It was snowing hard but has quit.  Probably going to nap soon.  The sun is supposed to show itself around noon and I wanted to get out this afternoon.  We haven't seen Sun for days.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 05:27:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Big Gonads, it's Twosday.

Crunch, we will all be there in spirit with you today. Please, please, have Tomas let us know how you are doing afterwards?

Cindy, I have to say that Chris did a real nice job making up the bed yesterday, looks like it was done by a professional!

Twirls, I worked late yesterday and forgot to return your message, I'll try to call later today.

Just for the record, I have always gotten my pesos in Mexico from the ATMs and have never had a problem, but I do only use machines that are inside a place of business.

MB & C&C, how much snow are you supposed to get?  Weather guessers now saying 6-10" for us. Last thing I need right now is to find time to plow more snow.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 05:36:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
More prayers for you today, Crunch!
Already have a big snowdrift right outside the back door, and more snow falling. Supposed to continue at a steady pace. Winter storm warning runs until tomorrow am.
Range hood repairman showed up earlier than expected, a good thing, but news on the hood not good. The needed part costs more than getting the whole thing replaced! The repairman himself didn't look like he was much more than 20 or 21, tops, and it was a bit strange to see him sadly shake his head and say "we have become a throw-away society". Told him that began when I was young...  Will have to wait till this storm is over with before I go look for a new hood. Fortunately I rarely fry anything, and am not prone to burning food; but with my luck lately, don'tcha know this will be when it happens. Mostly I miss the lighting the hood provides.

And speaking of bad luck, last evening Chris was walking past me while I was sitting watching the news and caught my left foot (my bad ankle) with his and pushed the whole foot out and back. He proceeding to stumble and drop the soup bowl he was carrying, shattering the bowl on the floor and putting a few scratches on the hardwood floor. My foot throbbed all night, still limping. So sometime today I will be down on my knees with the stain pen trying to minimize the scratches. Just hope I'll be able to get back up!

SoSo, the comforter & coverlet are gray, and the bench is gray as well. The walls are a light spring green color, so that, I'm sure, is what caused the greenish cast. It was still dark out, and the lighting in our bedroom is soft to begin with. I did apologize for the lighting of the pic, just didn't have time to mess with adjusting camera settings.

Better get going, everyone have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 05:48:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Paul, you typed faster than me and got your post in before me.  on Chris making the bed! As if!
We are in the area of 7-9 inches. The closest weather station is on the east side of West Bend, and we are closer to the western edge of the county. City of BeaverDam to our west is expecting 10+ and we usually get closer to their amounts than we do to West Bend's, unless lake effect snow kicks in and comes further west than normal. (it happens sometimes)

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 05:56:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, we'll be with you all day!

I'm finally getting over this cold, but I'm a little energy deprived. Yesterday I could only ski about 3 1/2 hours. I'll see how it goes today. We have a forecast 15" of snow coming in tonight, skiing should be pretty good tomorrow!

Just want to say hi to everybody and wish everyone a great day!

Lovin life,
Bob

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 07:37:46 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Tuesday

Crunch... I haven't heard you whine once. You have been stoic and brave through all of this. I would have been a basket case!
You will be in my thoughts today!

C&C...That bench is nice. Unfortunately, I think my cats would see a fancy scratching post

Frank... I didn't watch one second of the Grammys. I love music, but not familiar with much of the new stuff

Bernie...Yes, I am looking forward to Mexico. I kind of wish I was staying an extra day or two, but need to see how I handle non-AI 

Pouring down rain for the second day in a row. My yard is a muddy mess.  Supposed to get fuel oil delivered today. He better stay on the driveway or he will be in trouble.

Have a great day everyone!

PS...My Mom said her Kroger has Jack fruit. Was it here we talked about them some time ago? Anyway, they are $24.99.

post edited by BeachBilly - 2019/02/12 07:41:31

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 08:09:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Godspeed, Crunch!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 08:16:51 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

This AM cloudy out just like yesterday with weatherman saying some rain (again). The current temperature is 56F at 8:01 with a high of 66 degrees. Last night I had a dream that I was riding in my boat. That's not going to happen for a while.

Yesterday was was a trip to Cosco & Sam's with Andrea. We went to lunch first at P.F. Chang's, as we both were hungry. Never shop on an empty stomach, right ? It rained a lot more than I planned for down in Myrtle. I wore my jean jacket and figured my ball cap would be sufficient to keep me dry. It did....mostly.  Seemed like the weather lady missed the mark on yesterday's forecast with "periods of misty rain". It came down in big ole buckets. After helping Andrea get her stuff upstairs, I split for home and had everything put away by 6:15. Of course, I fed Freddie first.

Today will be a trip to Walgreens and then maybe stop at Nell's for lunch. Nothing exciting.

First off, update for you Crunch. My guardian angel should already be there, so while you are asleep, you might see a scruffy looking guy that has long hair and look's like a hippy dude, that's him. He has done a pretty good job of keeping me out of trouble over the years but you probably won't need him. Prayers sent your way, Kim.

Badger, happy snow plowing. Please stay safe and warm.

Cindy, bummer on the range hood. Lowe's and Home Depot carry them and "range" in price from $90 to $150. I would suggest one that has two lights. What's up with Chris these days ? He seems like he is an "accident waiting to happen". hee,hee.

Hi Bob. Maybe you should take a day of rest on your skiing and catch that new snow tomorrow.

Holly, I truly hope the sun comes out soon for you.

BeachBilly, I think you will have plenty to eat and drink while in PoMo. Many places within walking distance and we will have a knowledgeable guide to help us discover great place to eat ( Paul ). I'll be happy to buy you a couple of drinks. By the way, I don't know 'jack' about fruits but $24.95 sound high to me. hee,hee.

Coffee done. See y'all later.
Bernie 

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 08:17:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oops, our posts crossed, Pam. Hi ya.

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 08:44:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Thinking of you today Crunch.  Praying all goes well.

Beachbilly--It was on here that jackfruit was mentioned.  Like Bernie said, awful expensive.  Did you buy one?  The place that sells them in our area sells them by the slice also.  Might have to try a piece.  All my luck I will love them and will end up forking over $25 for a whole one.  Seems to me they were more expensive than $25 around here.

How do you all know when posts have crossed or your post was just ahead of someone else's?  I post from a desktop and see no indication of when someone is posting.  I also have never lost a post while typing it.
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/02/12 08:48:59
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 10:15:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Kim, I'll be thinking of you but I have full confidence that you'll breeze through this!

I went back to bed around 6 and dreamed I was at a Super bowl party in a bar with everyone from my past.  It was much fun but crowded.  Seems it was hosted by a GF's parents from my old neighbourhood.  Strange.

Even stranger I SEE SUNSHINE!
patty1975
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 162
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 10:43:02 (permalink)
+5 (5)
For you non-Facebookers, here are two bits of news Tomas just posted on Crunch's Facebook account:

This from one hour ago: So far, so good. I've been in surgery for an hour now, with about another hour to go.
Heart is currently on pause and being bypassed so doc can install the new valve and I am completely unconscious at the moment.
Typing this using the new Android mind-to-text app I just downloaded.
I must say, that husband of mine truly is the most wonderful man on this planet! So supportive!
Love and gratefulness to you all!😊

And this 40 minutes ago: Tom here. Kim is out of surgery and it went well.
Doc will be out to brief me soon and I will see Kim in a couple hours.

Looks like all of the prayers and the hippy guardian angel worked!

Patty

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 11:40:51 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Good morning BCers!
Slept in very late.  Took awhile to get going.  Brain fog...LOL
Very sloppy outside.  Still raining.  Temps in the 50s.
According to the weather radar, the last heavy cell of rain is going over right now.
We should be seeing some sunshine before the end of the day.
Would be nice!

Crunch,  keeping you and Tomas in my thoughts and prayers today.  

Uphill,  hope you are feeling better soon.  Glad you still feel good enough to get out on the slopes.

Twirls,  Enjoy the sunshine.  Been a dreary few days.   Glad your dream was a happy one. Hugs

Cindy,  Had to institute a rule for SJ.  No passing between me sitting on the love seat and the coffee table.
Go around to the end of the coffee table and then sit or lay down on the couch.  He has hurt me on more
than one occasion tripping up on my feet.  Use to always sit with my legs tucked under me on the love seat. 
For years it wasn't a problem for him to pass by.  Due to that sitting position causing me knee pain,
I can't sit like that anymore.    

Just realized we have 3 Pams posting on BC.  

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 13:44:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy

SoSo, the comforter & coverlet are gray, and the bench is gray as well. The walls are a light spring green color, so that, I'm sure, is what caused the greenish cast. It was still dark out, and the lighting in our bedroom is soft to begin with. I did apologize for the lighting of the pic, just didn't have time to mess with adjusting camera settings.

Wow!  The colors on my computer are messed up.  Comforter and bench show different shades of brown.  Long way off of gray!  Oh well it is what it is.  If I try to fix it no telling what will show up
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/02/12 17:11:19
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 15:46:14 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Update from Tomas pretending he is Crunch on her FB page:
So far, so good. I've been in surgery for an hour now, with about another hour to go.
Heart is currently on pause and being bypassed so doc can install the new valve and
I am completely unconscious at the moment.
Typing this using the new Android mind-to-text app I just downloaded.
I must say, that husband of mine truly is the most wonderful man on this planet! So supportive!
Love and gratefulness to you all!😊

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 16:55:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  24 and cloudy.  Another snowy day.   Was out early at 6:30 a.m. and shoveled 5-6" and then the plow showed up.  Been out a few times since and the winds have really picked up. Never knew so many body parts could hurt so much all at once.  Even my fingers hurt from holding the shovel.  Snow banks so high from street to house that I barely have the strength to get the snow over the top any longer.  I finally gave up one small section at the end of drive.  Dang plow pushed in around 3' of heavy wet snow.  Not worth a cardiac event.  

Fabulous news on Kim's valve surgery.  Thanks all for providing Tom's updates from FB.  Sounds like she was having a little chest pain from some sort of tube and Tom was taking a food break.  Best news ever. 

Badger, my best guess is another 8+" here.  Now the issue with ice dams is becoming a problem for folks.

Twirls, did you get all your trip stuff in order?   You may have already said, but can't remember your dates.

Bernie, kinda nice that you and Andrea can help each other out with the store memberships and discount fuel.  I buy so very little here that I don't have a need.

SoSo, lo siento about the snafu with ATM.  Hope it all straightens itself out but a pain to deal with for sure.  

Cindy, you be careful out there with the heavy snow.  Hope your foot feels better.  Been a rough start to 2019 for you two.  Me thinking some tropical weather is the cure.

SirMaple, Ori sure is a cutie. Not so much that little girl look anymore.  Happens so fast.  That pic of road was something else.  Glad you didn't have any property damage.  Feel for the kiddos on house issues. 

Jamie, were you able to get your car in?

Hola Frank.

PJ, that little doggie video on FB was priceless.  Sassy would have been the perfect name.

See there have been some changes in liquor sales in Q.R.  Negligible for most, in my opinion. Have a beautiful evening all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/02/12 17:09:34

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 17:37:52 (permalink)
+4 (4)
From Tomas on FB:
Tom here. Kim is out of surgery and it went well.
Doc will be out to brief me soon and I will see Kim in a couple hours.

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 19:00:23 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Such great Crunch news!
4 month photo of Kasen & Kolsen :) 

Photos from Baylee Werkmeister's post
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 19:07:47 (permalink)
+3 (3)
On the other front...Monica & Chris fly out of LAX tomorrow morning, should arrive in Kauai around 1230.  Need to get dogs checked by vet (apparently the Dog Movers company takes care of all the legalities)  Then get vehicle and settle as much into house as they can and on Thursday Chris is flying back to the Quad Cities as his Grandma passed away and he is a pallbearer for her funeral on Saturday.  I still just can't wrap my head around this.  I would be having a breakdown by now.
Hope everyone is staying warm, we're having power outages and 50 mph winds right now.  Ugh, winter be gone!
post edited by Gem - 2019/02/12 22:25:20
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 19:34:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Such good news about our Crunch. Thanks, Patty and PJ for posting.

We are close to a foot of snow now and still coming down. Only supposed to get another inch or so, but W.S.W stays in effect until 3am, mostly because winds are shifting to NW and picking up speed to 35-45mph. I see big drifts in the future. And yes, MB, I need the Caribbean Cure! 

Gem, those twins are cuties! Typical boys, both have a hand on their "important stuff". 

Frank, nothing wrong with your computer, just a dark crappy photo. Need a sunny day to get a decent color shot. An event that seldom occurs in February in Wisconsin.

Got the duffels out of the closet and the snorkel gear packed. Important stuff first! 10 more days to put up with snow and cold, please let there not be another shutdown! Need to try on one of my swimsuit selections tonight, ugh, hate the thought of seeing my white thighs in a mirror in a swimsuit. But trying to pack small and narrow down options.

Nighty night all.

Video
Pix
YouTube

pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/12 20:17:51 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Thanks to everyone for keeping us who don't do FB updated on Crunch. It is greatly appreciated. 

And BTW Gem, those twin babies are absolutely adorable! I am sending them warm snuggly huggies. Texas sized.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 03:24:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Jackfruit, it's Hump Day.

Many thanks Pattycakes and PJ for the updates, so happy that she is going to be OK. Also glad to see that Tomas came thru this with his sense of humor intact.

Gem, they sure are cuties, have to say that I didn't even notice where their hands were until CINDY mentioned it.

Hope your ankle will be healed up in time for your trip, Cindy, no more eating in the living room!

Posting earlier than normal because I need to get started on the plowing and snow blowing soon. Not sure how much snow we received because of all of the drifting, but I would guess at least a foot or more (again).

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/13 04:50:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Wind sounds like a freight train.

Eh, Paul, I raised two boys. It was an old familiar sight. Almost nostalgic, you might say. (just don't tell my sons I said that)

Not looking forward to a day of snow removal. I do hope the wind dies down a bit. And the ankle does feel better, not limping so much now. 
Chris ended up coming back home yesterday. He made it to the park and ride lot, but the shuttle bus was over 15 minutes late. As he waited and watched the snow coming down, he just started thinking about how bad the ride home could get and decided he'd rather be stuck at home.  He did start getting the tax stuff together, but we are waiting on a form from his mother's final tax stuff. Brother in law Patrick is handling all that. (St. Heidi's husband, he's an accountant/financial manager)  

Thomas, you are one funny guy! Let us know how Kim is doing today, thanks.

Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..906907908909910.. > >> Showing page 906 of 1028
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5