Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..901902903904905.. > >> Showing page 905 of 909
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10358
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 04:46:20 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
So good to hear you are doing well, Crunch. Prayers continuing for the next procedure and  fast recovery!

Bernie, not a big deal; we had an old piano bench in our closet area to sit on while putting on socks, etc. A convenience for "old folks". It completely collapsed. Badger probably could have put it back together, but neither of us have that skill set. Found an upholstered storage-type bench at Hobby Lobby. It looks good and is comfy to sit on, and storage is always a bonus in an old house like this.

Mapes, that "road" (using the word road lightly) looks like pure back torture! And/or vehicle torture. Looks like even a tractor would have a hard time on that mess. Yikes. Ori is so cute! As for looking ungentlemanly, Chris may have you beat...he hasn't had a haircut since I think November. His own little personal protest. Or trying to relive his Woodstock days. Not quite to ponytail stage, but getting there. Old hippy.

Hola to all, I need to get moving; Have a great day!
Cindy
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/02/10 07:04:45

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2992
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 07:33:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Freddie let me sleep in a bit this AM.  Was nice and coffee tasting mighty fine. Coolish this morning with a current temp of 35F at 8:00. High today 56 degrees with partly cloudy skies.

Yesterday I pick up some groceries and paid a few bill. The larger one was for the balance of my ABR stay, so that one is done and done. Remember the old days when one paid the balance due at check in ?

Today is cleaning the house to get all the dust bunnies up so the floor will be nice for my cleaning lady. Does that make any sense ? I haven't used her service for some months now and she will be here this Wed. I don't want her to think I'm a pig. hee,hee. Probably will clean the toilets as well.

Crunch, so glad all went well on the arteries cath. One less thing. Next one is the biggie. I'm 'doubling up' on my prayers for you. Big hugs and also hugs for Tomas for being a cool dude. Takes two to tango, si ?

Cindy, wish you had a video of Chris "crushing' that piano bench. Funny but glad he didn't get hurt and now you have a better bench !  I love a story with a happy ending. It will be good to see you two again in a few months.

Maple, I forgot to say thanks for the pictures you posted yesterday. Ori has really grown.

More coffee to sip.
See y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 08:18:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Prayers and hugs for your procedure tomorrow, Crunch. You will be almost like brand new. Love to Tomas for being your rock and such a good man. Midas and I will be thinking of you both and looking forward to the post surgery good news.
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6869
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 08:29:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Sunday

Have a great day everyone !

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13876
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 08:45:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning everyone

I'm really tired today.  I ended up going with Ann to Wal-Mart yesterday.  More than enough walking this week!
I also forgot to take part of my RA meds this week as I can see and feel it it my wrist bone, where it started originally.

We have a sheet of ice outside.  Pearl slid across the patio.

I'm very happy for you, Crunch.

Bernie, some stores are doing fresh grocery order and pick up.  I haven't tried that.
I usually order from Wal-Mart but I needed chicken for the dogs, which isn't deliverable.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 09:56:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Gloomy and raining here.  Thankfully our temps stayed just warm enough to miss
getting iced over last night.  Current temp 40F.   
Once the coffee kicks in.  Going downstairs and invade the man cave. 
Chase the dust bunnies out of that room.  Shake out and wash all the throw rugs.
This chore will pretty much take all day off and on.   

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.     

SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3241
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 11:23:10 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning!

Daughter child got energetic and did the barn chores this morning so I am goofing off between loads of laundry. Cool and cloudy outside today.  A woodpecker is drilling on the downspout, so I suppose I have to go fill the bird feeders shortly.

Crunch  So glad that the heart cath went well.  Continuing prayers that procedures are successful also!

UHK I hope the fresh air and skiing cures your newest bug!  Nice job on the plaque for Bella. 

Twirls I have always thought that shopping helps cure many ailments!  Hit a 75% clearance sale yesterday - nearly all set for Roatan now!  Hope you continue to improve!

Be careful moving all those boxes Bernie!

Badger I am so glad that you are keeping all the snow, ice and cold weather up north this year!  Hugs to Babs!

Mr Syrup (Since you are not in uniform )  Wow is Ori getting big!  I agree with Cindy - those roads look a mess.  Glad the flooding and ice jams left your house alone!

Stay well All!

Keav & Pam

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 15:26:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
From Soso's FB page:
Soft music at Pescador restaurant.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2172
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 19:07:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Been snowing all day but just finished shoveling the plow mess.  A balmy 19.  Finally caught up on my house cleaning and almost done hauling trip clothes into spare BR.  

Badger, yes I am doing well and managed to put on the weight I lost while ill. Must have been that ice cream binging.  Was wondering if the tropical weather helps Babs?  Give her a hug for me please.

SNF, fun to shop those 75% off deals.  Bet you are getting excited for Roatan.  I'm excited for ya.

Jamie, sorry about PoMo.  Glad your new tops arrived and hope you enjoy your new TV.

Twirls, I slept in late today.  Probably all that fresh air I've been getting.  Will probably crash and burn while watching the Grammy's this evening.

Cindy, hear ya.  Wish my foyer was larger so I could have a small bench or something for myself or others to use.  

PJ, are those swings in your weather typical for your area?  

SoSo, haven't rules out PoMo.  Will see.  Love that sunrise pic with the ominous clouds.  Great clarity with your camera.

JJ, so nice when your partner helps with the household chores.  I sure miss the heavy lifting part.  I hear the red tide in FL has dissipated, but Bosco probably knows best.

Bernie, hope your skin is feeling better now.  Just curious how much beach there is with low tide?  Looks amazingly deep.

Kim, you've been on my mind.  Hope you are doing well and resting up before next procedure.  Hugs, hugs.

Have a beautiful evening all.   MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/02/10 21:25:00

Susy
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3232
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 19:34:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
BeachBilly
Happy Sunday

Have a great day everyone !

Oh Claire, I'm so glad that you're going to be in Puerto Morelos with us!  I saw your post about using your debit card.  We only use our credit card at the hotel when we check in for whatever it is they need it for but we never use our debit card.  I know that so many people rent cars and use the ATM's with no problems while there but we just don't want to risk something happening ~ and of course it would be my fault if it happened because Mr. Fox doesn't trust any of those new fangled things! 

We bank at Bank Of America and for the last few trips, we've ordered pesos through them ~ I order online and they mail them to our house.  It's so convenient and best of all, it alleviates the stress of exchanging money down there.  Years and years ago we would do the money exchange at the airport, signing all of the travelers checks which was such a pain!  We did do the ATM at the airport once ~ I had researched and explained to Tim that it was safe and through Banamex so we wouldn't have to pay the extra fees.  What a freaking a** nightmare that was ~ I swear I could have killed him with my bare hands!!!  When we found the ATM right by the bathrooms, Tim is still questioning why we didn't just get travelers checks ~ hello, nobody uses them anymore!  He still has his flannel shirt on that he insists on wearing on the plane because he will be cold, it's hot and muggy and he hasn't hadn't a cigarette since Phoenix so he's acting all pi**y and shi**y!  I try to use the ATM and everything is in Spanish ~ I put our debit card in and when it asks how much, I have no idea how many pesos equal how many dollars so I start freaking out that I'm going to overdraw our account ~ Tim is getting pi**ier by the second so I push the button and out pops whatever the peso equivalent of $20.00 US Dollars was at that time!  Needless to say, we hit the bank in Tulum once we got there to exchange for pesos. 

Ordering through BofA is what I do now!!!

barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4426
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 20:04:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Home again. Bit of a shock, it was close to 100 degrees F colder in Calgary than in Akumal. Seriously. If it wasn't for missing our dog I probably would have got on the first flight back. The airport parking lot we used had to boost my car to get it going. (Great place, you drop your car at their office, they park it and bring it back warmed up and running at the office when you return - this time it wasn't waiting for us due to the boost - free of charge) Had to get another boost at the hotel this morning cause the airport parking was only a 2 minute drive from our hotel the battery didn't have a chance to recharge. The hotel gave us a free upgrade to a suite with a fireplace, most welcome due to the extreme cold.
I should do a trip report but since I just use my iPad these days I can't figure out how to post pics.
Couple of thoughts - loved Hotel Akumal Carib and the Cannon House studio. And the Lol Ha restaurant - great staff, wonderful food. La Taverna was nice, a tad pricey but we really enjoyed their musicians so didn't mind spending a bit more. Except for the lobster ravioli - 5 pieces of ravioli. Had to have dessert, poor me.
Tulum - this might not be a popular sentiment here but I almost cried. The beach road is crammed with yoga studios, clothing shops, art galleries, consume, consume, consume...the jungle has been decimated to make way for condominiums, more hotels, more condos, more hotels, more restaurants, more wellness centres. A puma was run over on the road, poor thing trying to figure out where he should live now that his home has been levelled.
On a brighter note, I am happy that the bouy system is in place in Akumal Bay - it's a confusing PITA but hopefully will help the bay recover a bit from being over-loved. There are signs of healthy coral and far fewer lion fish. There were a lot of windy days so neither snorkelling or sargassum were optimal but we suffered through :)
Sounds like some folks here are feeling better, happy to hear. Just keep on keeping on.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 20:22:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

I haven't felt good all day.  I did take the pills this morning but I still have to stab myself with the Humira injection.  BTW, did I mention that my copay this year on the insurance plan is $3000.00 per month?  I was beyond shocked.  Last year it was $5.00 but apparently I was placed on a special program because of my low income from the previous year.  I didn't have SS benefits that year.  I'm still hoping that I qualify for a program but I haven't had a decision on the application.  And my disability hearing for Medicare will probably be this year sometime.

Chris came to check on me because I wasn't feeling well.  He wore Pearl out walking and playing ball.  She went to bed early but now is wanting to play tug of war.

Crunch, wishing you all the best.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/10 20:30:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
BB, regarding debit cards...  I use one but it isn't to my main bank account.  I have I use for vacation only to pull pesos from the ATM.  The Chedruari across from the hotel will be the best place to access the ATM.  I don't put much money in my vacation account but I can transfer more as I need it.  I use credit cards also.  AMERICAN EXPRESS is not accepted at most places.  Visa and MC.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 04:33:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Lots to get done this morning before I head out for a hair appointment followed by a stop for a few groceries. Want to make a one pot dinner tonight as I have a repairman coming at 4-6pm to see if my range hood is fixable. (, right in the time slot for cooking dinner). And of course, it's a laundry day. And I believe I should start getting the bags out of the closet and begin the laying out of things to pack, making a list and checking it twice. Also under a winter storm warning for tonight into Tuesday night, potential for up to 8 inches of snow.
Sorry to hear you're feeling bad, Holly. Get those meds back on track and timely!
Welcome back, Barata y Juan. I'm guessing "boost" is Canadian for "jump"?
Gotta run, Hola to all and have a great day, I'll try and check back in later.
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8444
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 05:23:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Dust Bunnies, it's Monday.

Crunch, good luck today with the pre-op, we will all be thinking of you tomorrow!

Welcome back Barata and John, glad you had a good time and totally agree with you on Tulum, that place lost it's allure for us years ago.

Susy, don't feel bad about withdrawing only $20 worth of pesos, I've known of several people who did the same thing.

Thanks all for your concern about Babs!  MB, yes, after a few days of tropical heat & humidity she does feel a bit better.

Mapes, looking forward to seeing you in the spring, can't get here fast enough for me!

MB, weather guessers are saying we could get a foot or more of snow beginning tomorrow.

Had a little incident yesterday, I had to work in the morning and once I got home I thought about widening out my long driveway as I haven't had any spare time to do so since the last storm,  but when I saw we were getting another blast Tuesday, I decided to wait and do it all at once on Wednesday. Well, one of my neighbors has a small dump truck with plow and last evening when he noticed that my driveway wasn't cleared as wide as normal he thought he would do me a favor and quickly widen it out for me. Of course he got stuck out at the end of the driveway when he ran too far into a ditch, so I had to get dressed and go pull him out with my pickup. Great to have such nice neighbors, though.

Gotta run, Hi Bernie, Snorks and the rest of you!
post edited by Badger - 2019/02/11 05:25:34

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 06:24:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy's new storage bench

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 07:18:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I decided to move the bench into the bedroom. It was a little too wide in the closet and a little awkward. It dawned on me that there was no dog bed in the bedroom, () and it matches the comforter set. Chris said "I was going to caption it, 'January was a bad month for me with serious health issues, so I was a little worried when Cindy made me buy her a Hope Chest' "  He still makes me laugh! (sorry about the poor light in the bedroom)

So Paul, after you pulled him out did he still widen the driveway?

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2992
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 08:26:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Cloudy out this AM. Weather man says drizzling rain off and on today. It's OK, as we do need the rain. The current temp is 51F at 7:44 with a high of 62 degrees.

Yesterday Andrea rescued me from house cleaning when she called and offered to take me out to lunch. Thought that was a fantastic idea !  After lunch, I followed her over to the new house she will be renting at the end of this month. It needs a little work here and there. Her landlord is repainting the entire interior and will replace the old refrigerator with a new one plus have the yard all cleaned up. It has a gas stove. Andrea commented she will enjoy cooking on the gas stove again, as that is what her Mom had and is what she grew up with and learned how to cook.The house is on a nice wide lot with a vacant wooded lot next door. Tons of birds flying around and chirping happily. Andrea wants to get a few bird feeders in the back yard. The neighborhood has mostly smaller older homes mixed in with a few newer ones that had been built on empty lots.  She will be located two blocks from the ICW. I clocked the distance she will drive to work : it is only 1.6 miles. I believe Andrea will be happy with living at her new location as she will have more privacy than the current condo and no stairs to climb. Downside : she will not have the convenience of major shopping and restaurants found in Myrtle Beach.

I tried to stay up for the Grammy awards last night but went to bed about 1/2 hour after Diana Ross's grand entrance and performance. She looked stunning on her 75th birthday.

Today I have a dentist appointment at Noon for cleaning. Afterwards Andrea and I plan to make a Costco and Sam's run in Myrtle Beach. I have the Costco membership and she has the Sam's Club one. Sam's usually has cheaper gas prices so Andrea let's me use her card to fill up. Andrea needs T.P and tissues so I promised her to buy some at Costco for her house warming gift, plus I can store those items at my house until she moves.

Hi BeachBilly. Isn't life a little better when you have a Mexico trip booked ? I'm already excited.

Thanks, SNF. I will be extra careful when helping Andrea move some of her boxes. I am not as strong as I used to be and I will not overload myself with too many boxes at one time. I will take it slow and watch the stairs carefully. It's better to make a few extra loads than get into a rush and wind up tripping. When is the vacation to Roatan ?

MB, thanks for asking. My hands & arms are almost healed. Just a lot of pealing skin and itching. Lubriderm is my friend.  I'll have to pace off the approximate width for you of the beach at low tide. Maybe 500 feet plus is my guess.

Welcome home, barata.  Hope you and John had a nice trip, despite the high winds and massive expansion of Tulum Beach.  I'm sure driving the beach road was a shocker. So was the arrival back home with the cold and snow plus the hassle of a dead car battery.  Ugh.

Susy, I do a combination of pesos from my local bank at Sunset Beach and then exchange of $100 Uds bills
as extra pesos are needed. I haven't used an ATM down there yet. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Tim in PoMo.

Hi Badger, Twirls, PJ.

Cindy, nice looking storage bench !

Three cups of coffee down. ready to get ready for the day.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 08:30:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning everyone

A steady rain shower which will last most of the day.

Crunch, you'll be well and on your way to a beach soon!

I know I'm ready for some tropical temps and scenery.  I have GOT to get this rental agreement and deposit returned today somehow.  Badger, give me a call if you have a break later.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 09:49:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I think I got the rental stuff done.

Barata, so glad you enjoyed your warm time.  Sucks about the return.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 10:17:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and with rain off and on.  Current temp of 55F.   High of 61F.

Barata,  welcome home!  Bet that cold air was a shock!   Burrrr!

MB,  yes, our winter weather here in SW Tennessee is typically like a yo-yo. 

C&C,  Storage bench looks very nice at the end of the bed.  Pretty!

Badger,  Wow!  Glad you were able to pull your neighbor out of the ditch.
Nice of him to clear more of the driveway for you.

Time to get busy here.  Wishing all of you a wonderful day.  Hugs

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 12:51:16 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Buenas Tardes

Friggin ATMs here.  Issue was withdrawing when there wasn't enough pesos in the machine, BUT our bank account showed we received the full amount of pesos, when we didn't. ATM spat out a portion of what we requested.  Luckily the ATM receipt had the actual amount we did receive, now out 400 from our acct.  After several phone calls and emails to our bank we found out that it takes up to 30 business days to get a our money back -they do screw up!  My two cents is get your pesos from your own bank before you come. You don't need to waste your short time here trying to find pesos when you could be on the beach.

Jaime congrats on the new TV!  BTW you can order stamps from the USPC on line.

Crunch we are right with you tomorrow hon, prayers are up.

Mr JJ is a keeper!!

Welcome back to your home Barata.  Agreed with Tulum, way to busy, crowded, hard to park.  We were down there today extending our car rental and grocery shopping. Won't bother with that place, even ppl that are staying there mentioned they will not go back.

Twirls you over did it and forgot too, sorry you are hurting.  Maybe it would be best to set your med reminders on your cell.  You need to be feeling well for your trip.

Nice bench Cindy, is it brown and your comforter is green, hard to tell with a yellow photo.  I'm sure you will manage with dinner, hope your fan is an easy fix.

Nothing better than good neighbours Badge.

SNF how kind of your daughter!  When are the wheels up for you?

WoW Mapes your little Ori isn't so little.  Yucky road.  Looking forward to seeing you and sweetie.

PJ you and BeBe are on top of those dust bunnies.  Thanks for posting the pics.

MB like you are keeping your options open.  TY for the pic comment, it is a nice little DLSR perfect for travel.  You should see the underwater photos it takes, amazing.  Someone posted a few on my FB photo group - really nice.

I'm pooped, heading to the pool.  Make it a good day all.

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 14:21:57 (permalink)
0 (2)
Beach Bernie

I tried to stay up for the Grammy awards last night but went to bed about 1/2 hour after Diana Ross's grand entrance and performance. She looked stunning on her 75th birthday.

IMO you didn't miss much.  I kept switching channels, hoping something good was going to happen but never did.  Looks like women have taken over the music scene.  Lot of good new talent out there.  IMO a lot of the guys were wearing "costumes" rather than decent clothing.  Got to give it to them though.  In my mind you got to have an awful big set of gonads to go out in public wearing stuff like that! 
Probably a few dads out there disowning their offspring
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/02/11 14:26:16
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29449
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 17:44:13 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Nice bench!
That was a grueling 7 hour preop today.
All of me has been scanned, poked, poked again, ekg'd and more. IV hydration twice. Tomorrow I will have IV's in arms and neck, art line, breathing tube, chest tube, Foley and any other tube they can think to stick in me and surgery finally. Everyone agrees I am in the best shape they have ever seen for someone at deaths door lol!

I am just ready to move into recovery.

Thank you all for your support and listening to my whining😁
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2172
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/11 17:52:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  26 and cloudy.  More snow, heavy and wetter, headed this way tonight into tomorrow.  I am officially done with winter as of this morning when the plow came through for a third time after yesterday's event.  On the brighter side I purchased my pesos for March 11th trip today locally. I will attempt this post again as I just lost the whole darn thing.  

Cindy, the bench looks lovely in your BR.  Has Chris fully recovered?  Hopefully good news on the hood vent.  

Kim, prayers for you and Tomas.  You've already had quite the day today.  Hugs, Cathy.

Badger, nice of neighbor to lend some assistance.  Dang ditch.  

Bernie, don't go to that bother.  Your assessment sounds about right to me.  Andrea is lucky to have you as a friend.

Renee, glad you had a nice trip.  Could see the debacle on the Tulum beach road coming.  Lost its appeal  or allure, as Badger eluded.  

SirSyrup, Ori is really growing but still has that beautiful smile.  Crazy on the road pic.  Glad your property was not affected.

Twirls, hope you are good to go on your trip.

That's it for me before I lose this post again.   Tomorrow, MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/02/11 18:42:58

Page: << < ..901902903904905.. > >> Showing page 905 of 909
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5