AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..901902903904905.. > >> Showing page 903 of 1005
Author
maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2547
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/06 16:28:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Awww, geeze, Van! I remember Dave from the AASB years. So sorry to DOUGSR for the loss of his friend.

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3795
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/06 18:24:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Take out the trash, Bernie - trash day tomorrow. Nice pictures also, thanks.

PJ - what is cottage pie? Glad SC had a great birthday, cake looks yummy.

Twirls, hope your appointments went well.

crunch, glad your surgery is going to be less invasive and at what sounds like a good hospital. Sending good wishes for your test in a few days.

Sorry for all of you suffering from snow, sleet and ice and other assorted bad weather. Hope spring comes early for you.

Cold here (for us) yesterday and today. 54 yesterday with high NE winds making it feel 8-10 degrees colder. At least the rain has stopped although some more is due Saturday.

Hope Bosco is doing OK.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/06 19:06:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  22 and cloudy.  Slept really good last night after all that shoveling.  Finished the plow stuff this morning. I was ready for a rest and hot cup of coffee after that.  Made some real headway on organizing paper around here and scanned my documents to CPA this morning.  Tedious but the piles are going away and I am working on trip stuff.  Another snow event on the way this evening into tomorrow.

Crunchie, don't feel bad.  I'm thankful I can still do it but don't enjoy these back-to-back snow events.

Cindy, hope your Mom made it fine on those icy roadways.

Twirls, I checked out Casa Toucan online too.  I'm thinking it was Pablo that mentioned that place quite some time ago.  Looks lovely.  Which unit are you staying in?

MapleSyrup, always nice when you check in.  

BeachBilly, it will be my 10th trip to MX in March since Paul passed less than four years ago. Eight of which I traveled solo. In my humble opinion I think you will be just fine and surrounded by folks you know.  Respect whatever you decide.

Bernie, nice beach pics.  I don't each much beef anymore but I will never turn down a good hamburger with fries.

PJ, I too really love that butterfly pic of your daughter.  If you haven't done so already, you need to frame that one.

Badger, I see you are going to get slammed some more with bad weather.   Raji sounds like a ham bone.  Don't you just love the different personalities our fur friends have?

Ski on Bob.  Hope the weather is cooperating.

Manana, MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/06 20:16:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

I had a good day today despite all like trashed printers and security cameras needing attention.  I had my dental appointment and loved visiting with my dentist until it was determined that I need an extraction and an implant.  I had a broken crown.  Looks like I'll need a Mexico dental appointment also.  

Ann and I went SHOPPING!  She needs a couple of things but I need NOTHING.  I couldn't think of anything I actually needed so my big purchase was black socks and 2 sets of bath towels.  We ended the afternoon with meeting Angela and David for drinks and appetizers.  El Presidente margaritas at Chili's go down so easily so I had two.  It was a fun hour and a half with lots of laughter but it was too quickly over.  Ann and I are trying to get them to join us in Mexico in May.  They would love our BC group.
Since I've saved so much money being stuck at home it will mean more I can donate to the animal causes I try to help support in POMO.   And THAT makes me feel better than anything.

BTW, I did very well at walking today.  Once I can get going, it becomes easier to a point when I have to stop and rest my back.  I did pick up some 2 lb ankle and wrists weights and a couple of resistance bands to help with my PT and muscle building exercise.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 05:54:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Weather Watchers, it's Thirstday.

Twirls, I am so glad that you are getting around a little better and I just might know a good dentist in Mexico that I can hook you up with.

Bernie, I am not mad at you for your warmer weather,  but I am mad at PJ, 70s in January??

BBilly, I just did a search on Expedia looking for a deal for you, I put in Louisville for departure city and Puerto Morelos as destination (do NOT use Cancun as destination), once the screen showing ****es up then sort by clicking on "price". I used May 1-8 and the price was right around $1,000. Scroll down thru the flights, there is a very good flight available on Delta, with a 90 minute layover in ATL. Remember that breakfast is included in the price, there is a brand new grocery store with deli right across the street and we know all of the good, cheap places to eat nearby. Would love to see you again!

Hola to the rest of you!

Weather guessers have us under a winter storm warning from now until Noon tomorrow, they're saying we cold get up to 14".

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 06:51:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)

That is cold for you Jamie!

I love those beautiful shots Bernie. Especially the last one which is perfection. Very calming. Gracias. The ocean is my potion and my vitamin sea.

Very sad news about TxPepper. I know his grand kids will be so sad. He was so devoted to them and they brought him such joy.

MB - time is so very strange isn't it? Almost 4 years? Hugs. He would be proud of you.

Twirley - great news on your outing and your walking.

Last day of work. Heart cath tomorrow at 3:30, but have to be at the hospital at 12:30 to check in.  Fasting all day. Maybe I will lose a pound. I get to leave after 3 or 4 hours unless they put in a stent, Then I have to stay the night.  It would be nice to have no stents, but I am not betting on it. Not the way things have been going.  Pre-op at the big hospital Monday and then check in Tuesday am at 0500 and surgery at 0700.  Tom is of course being a brick. Best thing I ever did was to meet him.  

I will probably post a lot because I shall be bored laying around

Nice to see you visiting Pirate Syrup.  Family all good?
post edited by crunch - 2019/02/07 06:53:14
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 07:39:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Thursday

Crunch...You will be in my thoughts every step of the way!

Badger...Unless it was super cheaper to fly from Louisville, I would be flying from our dinky airport here in Lexington. I talked to Mom last night and I think she is okay with me going. That sounds weird as I am 55 years old She and my Dad are way up in years and I don't want to worry them. She just said she didn't want anyone to snatch me. I have to nail down critter sitters too. I wouldn't be staying a whole week. I need to watch my funds until I get used to this retirement income. I am always afraid some huge, unexpected expense will show up. 

I know PJ & SJ did the flight and hotel separate. How has everyone else booked? Is Expedia the way to go? I'll also post this question in the party thread.

Another morning doing chores in shorts. That will end tomorrow. Going from almost 70 today to the 20's in the morning.

Have a great day everyone!

ps. Love the pix SoSo and Bernie

I don't think I remember Texas Pepper but my sympathy to his family

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 08:32:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Will be mostly sunny today at Ocean Isle Beach.  Current temperature is 58F at 7:37 with a beach high a wonderful 70 degrees. Old man Winter appears again this weekend.

Yesterday I went hunting for some larger boxes for Andrea. Found some at a furniture store. Then I stopped at Burger King, using a coupon for a double cheeseburger,fries,medium drink; all for 3 bucks. That's a cheap price to get an upset stomach from all that grease. Ha !  After lunch I went to the beach to take those pictures for Crunch. I didn't have my sun screen in my truck so I just took those 3 pics and left. Bummer, as I wanted to do a nice walk on such a beautiful day. On the way home I stopped at my dentist office. I wanted to check why I was getting text messages to remind me of a future appointment. Discovered they had just signed up with a third party company for that reminder service. I told the nice lady that I would prefer not to receive text messages, as I have my appointment reminders on two different calendars and my computer. She promptly removed my phone number for text messages. I guess almost everyone has a smart phone these days but I'm still such a rebel. Power to the flip phone ! Hee,hee.

Oops, gotta set the garbage and recycle cans out front...be back soon.  Thanks for the reminder Jamie.

Doug SR, sorry to hear about your friend Texas Pepper. I believe I met him in 2011 and 2012. He seemed like a nice guy.

Thank you, MB. I was surprised how few people were on the beach on such a nice calm day. I could see maybe a total of 4-5 as I looked in both directions. Hopefully I will see you down in Mexico one day and we can have some yummy food together.

Twirls, bummer on that tooth but good that you will be in Mexico with Ann this May. Andrea mentioned this past weekend that she would be happy to hang with Ann again.

BeachBilly, I second what Badger and others have said. You will have a good time in PoMo and you won't feel alone at all. I'm sure there will be lots of group trips to local eating spots. I bet Badger knows 99% of them. I do believe there will be a few cold beers in the coolers by the pool to enjoy. Hope you can join us.
To answer your question, I did flight & hotel separate. Used airline points for the flight. I used American Airlines vacation site to book the Hacienda Morelos room, earning more A/A miles for the next trip.

Darn, Badger. Spring can't come soon enough for you and Babs. I bet Ragi likes to romp in the snow, si ?

Crunch, I am so happy that you enjoyed the beach pictures I took yesterday.  Prayers sent your way.

See y'all tomorrow,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 09:39:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

We had CRAZY WEATHER last night.  Just about my bedtime there was a line of thunderstorms and heavy rain that got worse and all of a sudden we had tornadoes spawning.  I was trying to stay awake but dozed off.  I heard my phone signal weather alerts periodically but didn't get up to rush to my tornado shelter.  I heard there is damage in several places.  Nuts for February.

BB, I booked separate.  My room is under $500 for a week includes tax.  My flight was on miles.  I haven't paid for flights in years by working the credit card game.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 10:08:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
I DID write a post this morning and all of a sudden the page went to the top and when I scrolled back down the post was gone. Frustrating, so I went and got started on the laundry.
Badger we are under a winter storm warning as well, except ours is for ice. Tree branches are beginning to droop, but so far not thick enough to break any yet. Snow comes tomorrow, and the next, ad nauseum. Called Mom several times yesterday evening, texted her, left voice mails...3 more tries this morning, nothing. I'm hoping it is something innocent like she turned the sound down or shut it off and forgot...if I don't hear from her by noon, I'm gonna begin bugging siblings.
Chris called me when he got on the shuttle bus this morning, said the park and ride lot was so icy he was terrified he might fall. Hope the lot gets salted well so it's not so bad when he gets back to his car this afternoon. 6'4 and a few too many pounds=big fall. He would be livid if he ended up with a cast on in Roatan. Watching everyone else snorkel...please no. He did lose quite a few pounds during the kidney stone saga, and has been better lately about smaller portions. Still eats too fast, though.

Maple, I missed your post yesterday, nice to "see" you.

More I wanted to say, but need to go get the crockpot started with tonight's supper and then fold some more laundry. Later, y'all
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 11:58:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!  
Slept great last night.  Didn't wake up until 9:30 a.m.  
Cloudy and humid here.  Very Windy.  T-storms brewing.
Looking at the radar. That wicked front Twirls wrote about is getting ready to cross the Mississippi. 
High of 73F for today. Then we plummet to 25F by morning.  The wood stove has had a good rest this week.
Back in play by bedtime tonight.   Enjoying warm temps and having windows open for now.  

Badger, Don't be mad at me.  Looking at the map.  We live almost as far south as Bernie does. LOL

Twirls,  So glad you are getting around better.   The tornadic weather stayed about a half hour
north of us last night.  We did get some heavy rain.  SC is was doing the duck n cover in Nashville.
Sirens were blasting.  I ask her if she had her Dorothy costume and ruby red slippers at the apartment. 
She didn't think that was funny.  LOL    

Cindy,  hope your mother is safe and sound.  That would worry me as well.  
Knowing she was out in the slippery weather and all.

Bernie,  enjoyed the beach pics.  Sorry, you were not able to stay and enjoy a long walk.

MB,   Bet you are ready for some beach and warm sun.  After all the snow and ice.
You are right I should have a print made of the butterfly pic.  Gotta find the original. 

Jamie,  Spinach Cottage pie is very much like a veggie version of Quiche.  

Crunch,  Hugs, and prayers being sent your way.  

Sending up prayers for Texas Peppers family and friends.  Sad days for them.

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/02/07 12:15:29

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 12:30:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
78 yesterday, 50's this am, 35 now and dropping.  Winter, yuck!  Ok, shouldn't complain considering what Badger, C&C, and MB are having.  Stay warm!
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 13:47:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
We've got the "wintery mix" here again today.  Third day this week the schools have been cancelled, so I have GGdaughter Ada with me again today.  I love being able to help out as I know how stressful it is when schools as well as daycares are closed at the last minute.  The goodbye dinner will no doubt be cancelled as well, which might actually be a blessing for all of us (we are a bunch of whimps)  Monica and I did take Ada and go visit my Mom so she could see her before she leaves.  Then we went to lunch, so we said our good byes just now, just in case the roads get any worse.  I'm holding it together, it helps to have Ada with me.  And of course, Monica is thinking this is the best decision ever, with the weather being the worst it's been in years.  Sigh~Praying for safe travels.  They leave tomorrow to drive to LA with the 2 big dogs and 3 suitcases.  
Crunch, you will be in my prayers big time tomorrow, I'm sure it will all be good for the cath and next week at this time you will be  looking forward to MX!
So sad to hear the news about TexasPepper.  He seemed such a kind man, and he loved those grand daughters so much.  Life is just so unpredictable. 
Everyone else, stay upright and healthy!
post edited by Gem - 2019/02/07 13:50:48
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 15:02:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Anyone seeing an increase of the flu?  One school in our area closed because 1/4 of the kids called in sick in addition to 7 teachers.  Having a company come in and wipe down the entire school.  Here is an article about it if you are interested

https://fox2now.com/2019/...l-in-ofallon-missouri/
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 15:20:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
What the he$$?   Got to be the California air!

https://fox2now.com/2019/...rs-at-california-home/
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 15:28:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Afternoon all
Pot roast and veggies all bubbling in the crockpot, chores done. Mom finally called around 11:45 this morning. She had indeed turned her phone off and forgotten to turn it back on. Didn't have to pester my siblings. Her friend Peggy had her surgery, all good. Biggest problem they had was since Mom's car sat outside all the night before and got rained on, all the doors were frozen. The rain had overflowed the little top channels and seeped into the door frames and frozen. Tried 20 minutes with a hairdryer, nothing, so she drove Peggy's car to the surgery center. By the time they got back to Peggy's house, Mom's car had thawed. She had to drive Peggy again this morning for the follow up, and watched the news while she waited; more ice and snow for northern Illinois again tonight. So as soon as she got Peggy back to her house, she high-tailed it for home before the next round began. And only then finally realized her phone was off. Wisely decided not to drive another 30 minutes south to attend a funeral, and be driving home on icy roads.

Alternating between freezing rain and ice pellets here, but not horrible build up on the trees. Worry most about the birches, it is pretty soft wood and the branches are a bit more delicate. Listened to the noon news while peeling carrots and parsnips, snow coming earlier than previously predicted. Might be snowing for Chris's drive home. 1-3". Not horrible, but there will be that layer of ice beneath it.
Funny story when I stopped for a Didi visit yesterday. When I pulled in their driveway I could see her peeking out of the vertical blinds. Looked like she had no shirt on. ?! She met me at the door, had nothing on but her diaper!  DIL was on the phone with tech help because something was fouled up with their virus protection, so I picked up Didi's jeans, then found her shirt and socks, and said MISS DIDI, why are you almost bare naked?  She proudly announced "POOPS". Fortunately for me, DIL finished on the phone and took care of that. Little thing came racing down the hall in a fresh diaper and I got her dressed again. Her favorite new word is fire'larm. It seems my son recently tested the smoke alarms. Now every time she walks under it she looks up and says BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.

Gem, bittersweet, for sure. 
PJ, naughty Mom for teasing "Dorothy"  good she's OK, though. (watch out for flying monkeys!)
Crunch, thoughts and prayers, and hugs.
Have a good evening, all.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 15:33:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Almost forgot: BB, Chris did our booking, but I'm pretty sure he booked the room directly with HM, flight separate with some miles.

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 16:49:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
correction. . . it was an expedia package

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 18:02:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening and perhaps a quick hello.  13 and light snow.  I've been out 5 times now to deal with the snow and thinking about one more trip.  Under winter storm warning, winds have picked up, temps have dropped and -8 this evening.  

Cindy, cute story about DiDi.  Glad Mom and Peggy are fine.  Crock pot dinner sounds like great comfort food.  Enjoy and hopefully Chris made it home safe without any falls.

Crunchie, more prayers sent your way with the procedure tomorrow.  Besos to Tomas the rock and hugs to you both.

Twirls, so glad you are moving forward on your trip with Ann.  Not so good news on the dental.

BeachBilly, good luck on booking the trip to PoMo.  Perhaps see you there gal.

Bernie, keep some sun screen cream in you vehicle je, je.  

Frank, how are things going?  Miss ya.

Badger, feel your pain.  Argh.

Jamie, are you headed to the May gathering?  

Gem. sounds like you had a nice day with daughter.  Safe travels to LA for all.

Closing schools again tomorrow. Need to head outside one last time.  MB

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 18:53:14 (permalink)
+4 (4)
I'm going to PoMo! It will be a quickie though. May 2-6. Get there early and leave late-ish. I mistakingly used my debit card instead of a credit card. I don't use my debit for computer stuff. I hope I don't get robbed blind!!! I don't have a printer to print my stuff either. I guess I need to buy one.

I might step out on another ledge and do carryon only, lol

I'm gonna put my dates on the party page now. Excited to see everyone. I think I've met everyone going except CC and his wife.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 19:05:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Deleted
post edited by PJamigo - 2019/02/07 21:16:55

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 22:41:02 (permalink)
+2 (2)
YEA FOR BB!  I am looking forward to seeing you again!  It will be such a fun group!  

Cindy, Didi sounds incredibly observant and learning fast!
I would have been worried sick about my mom under the circumstances.

PJ, I'VE always liked that butterfly pic of your flutterby.

MB, darn it you are supposed to be taking it a bit easier.

Frank, yes the schools are rampant with flu and several rural schools have closed for days.

I had a good PT session today.  My therapist was impressed with my improvement and how straight I could stand up.  I've graduated to 7 New exercises with stretchy bands.

It was blustery cold and snow flurries all day.  Tomorrow AM is expected to be minus wind chill but a day of SUNSHINE so it will feel better.  We've only had glimpses of Sun for two weeks.  Then it warms up a bit but starts raining again.
I'm just hoping the weather is decent for my flights!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/07 23:13:56 (permalink)
+3 (3)
TwirleyB

Frank, yes the schools are rampant with flu and several rural schools have closed for days.

My wife works for a local school district as a bus monitor (bus cop).  Hope it doesn't spread to her district.  Also hope the sick kids STAY HOME!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/08 04:05:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
9F with a howling wind. Don't think we got much more than a trace of snow. Either that or this wind has blown it all east. 

Claire, so glad you're coming to PoMo. Gonna be a fun gathering.
Holly, good for you on the PT. Work it, girl! 

Chris obviously made it home safely last night, looks like the first thing he did was correct me on the flight and hotel. Pot roast was tasty with a good bottle of red. News was rather depressing, Milwaukee lost it's third police officer in the line of duty in 8 months, after no police deaths in the line of duty since 1990. Shot while executing a warrant on a shady gun dealer. 3 tours in the middle east as a marine, leaves behind wife and young son.
Thoughts will be with Crunch today.
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/08 05:16:41 (permalink)
Good Morning Doorbell Lickers, (thanks for putting that image in my head, Frank), it's Friday.

Crunch, best of luck to you today, we'll be thinking of you, please let us know how it goes?

BBilly, that's fantastic news, will be great to see you again!

Bernie, you are right, Raji loves the snow and each day looks for a clean patch to roll around in, I'll have to try to get a photo.

MB, how much snow did you get?

Twirls, I'm so glad the PT is working for you!

Well, we got hammered with snow yesterday, as of 3 O'clock we already had an official 10 inches and received more after that. Winds were gusting to 30 mph, so it was near blizzard conditions with big drifts  in many spots. The city pulled all of the plow trucks off the streets at 3 yesterday because they could not keep up. Looks like I will have a couple hours of plowing and snow blowing this morning before I can make it to work. Oh, and the temp is currently -5F.

Boat Drinx tonight.

Wag more....bark less.
Page: << < ..901902903904905.. > >> Showing page 903 of 1005
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5