AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..896897898899900.. > >> Showing page 900 of 1030
Author
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/02 18:52:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Monica & Me
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/02 18:54:55 (permalink)
+3 (3)
 Kayla, Mo, me, Kenzi, Shana

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/02 18:56:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Party was good, but bittersweet.  But they're so excited.  I'm happy they're going for it.  Hope to see them back in a year, ha ha!
We all tried to keep smiling!

post edited by Gem - 2019/02/02 18:57:56
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 05:36:42 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Good Morning
Kids were good. Seth is very helpful with his little sister, both loved the pizza Chris preordered at a place near them. I got dropped off while he went to pick it up. Didi did a lot of jumping on her trampoline, brought me several books to read, and played peek with PaPa. Bath time went smoothly, and hardly a fuss at bedtime, once she had everything just so in her crib. (maybe a bit of GaGa's OCD?) Seth stayed up past his bedtime, but was just about to crawl under the covers when his parents arrived home, and we didn't get into any trouble.
Fog and mist on the way home, looks like more of the same for today. 43F right now and for tomorrow, then we go back to winter temps with a Tuesday high of 14 and snow. Not sorry to see the polar vortex lift.

Nice pics, Gem, Kayla looks to be the odd man out with her brunette hair. All those blondes in one group.

Check in, Renee. what's the "wind chill" there like now? Cool you saw a shark. Was it a "baby shark, doo, doo, doo?" (for those of you not around toddlers much, google it)

Time to get moving, have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 05:45:44 (permalink)
0 (2)
We had an interesting occurrence yesterday. We were returning from helping a friend move furniture, and were driving by the farm at the beginning of our road. Ernie grows and sells hay, but also has his own garden and some cows and geese. He easily gets attached to his critters so he keeps his distance from the cows, named Flank, T-bone and Dinner. The cows have free run of the lower level of the barn, door is always open and he drops hay down to them thru the floor. The geese, however, are a different story.

Seems each spring, he orders 8 geese, which they mail out the day they hatch. The geese can survive 3 days with no food, and they typically arrive the next day. He puts them in a large wagon to grow, with a bowl of food and a bowl of water. They swim in that bowl of water and he can never keep it clean. He likes to let them grow out of their down and get their feathers before he releases them on his farm to wander around. They are just chomping at the bit to get out of that wagon about then, of course. Below is a picture of his farm.

He owns all the open land and the trees and green pond to the left of the open land. You can see the rock pile in the pond. There is a shed at the upper right hand corner of the pond, you can just about make it out. Anyways, he releases the geese into the shed, with a trough of food in the shed, kind of telling them this is now their home. He keeps them fed, but they soon wander about, eating from the pond, weeds, frogs and fish, while also wandering around eating where ever they feel like on the farm. We will see them everywhere, in the road, in the pond, in the field. If they rest, they all sleep, save one, who takes guard duty. Always one on watch. They have no mother goose to teach them this, they just seem to learn this. 

Remember those rocks in the pond? Somehow, they learn that is safety. If they hunker down on land, they can get predated by fox or other nocturnal hunters. But they sleep at night on the rocks. They truly love the water. We'll stop and see them on the way home frequently. They'll come at our car honking and threatening us. Sometimes we'll get out of the car to go play with them. They turn tail and run. Seems they remember some guy (me) picking them up and cuddling them as goslings! They are fun little critters.

For the winter, when the pond freezes over, Ernie will put a load of feed into that shed, and they'll all go in there to eat. Then he closes the door and goes in with 2 burlap bags and loads one goose into each bag and brings them, 2 at a time, up into a pen in his barn. This year, all 8 survived the Summer. He often looses a goose here and there, normally when a female lays eggs in the bushes. The mother goose won't abandon her eggs and is easy prey for fox, but this year, all 8 survived. As the geese are cooped up all winter, we'll occasionally visit the geese and they'll honk at us and we'll chat with Ernie. 

Yesterday, we stopped by to chat and break up the goose monotony. He told us we wouldn't like what we would see, one of his geese was dying. He said she'll be dead in the morning and the other geese are pecking at her. We went to see them anyways. Sure enough, the pecking was taking place and all of the geese had some blood on them. The dying goose was huddled on the ground, with her head under her wing. We distracted the 7 pecking geese, which gave some respite to the dying goose. Ernie says, I'm taking that one out. So he goes in and picks it up by it's wings, this is a big bird, and the wings are meant to support the goose in flight. He carries it over to a place in the barn with lots of hay on the floor and sets it down, then surrounds it hay bales, making a bit of a pen for it. It will now die in peace. He didn't have the heart to break it's neck. We petted the goose and showed it some kindness in it's final hours and shortly left. 

I found this to be a touching instance. We are insulated from the realities of life so much. We simply do not know the realities. Take those pesky squirrels in our yards. Do they ever live to 3 years old before some predator or winter kills them? They are so prolific, we don't truly appreciate the short life spans. And yet, I saw a farmer, with compassion towards his animal, separate a dying goose from the flock, to die in peace. 

Just thought I'd share that with you.

Just gonna relax today before I watch the 5 time world champion Patriots compete for a 6th championship this evening.

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 06:41:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Sharks, it's Sunday.

Gem, what a lovely family, thanks for the photos.

JJ, now that's my kind of boss, so glad you like your new job!  

Bernie, yes, I have installed heat tape for clients before, but I believe the solution for my friend is to just replace some old/missing insulation. She also had a leaking water valve, which I took care of yesterday.

Frank, I agree on too any lawyers and lawsuits, but I really don't think that many kids are growing up with a decent work ethic these days ( I know, our parents probably said the same about us). I recently saw a survey of high schools kids who were asked what they want to be when they grow up and the most popular answer?  Youtube star.

I wanna eat at PJ's house.

Nipper, How do you pronounce the first part of Sam's name?

Hi SoSo...you brat!

For the first time in my life I will not be watching the Super Bowl, I didn't really care who won last week, but that non call on pass interference against the Rams really p!ssed me off.
Also, the THIRTEEN time world champion Green Bay Packers aren't playing today.

post edited by Badger - 2019/02/03 06:44:00

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 07:28:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy out this AM and we are supposed to have rain off and on today. Current temp 52F at 7:35 with a high of 50 degrees.

Didn't do much yesterday. Cleaned the floors and toilets. How is it that a toilet still needs cleaning even though no one is using the guest or upstairs bathroom ? It's a plot I say.

Today I will drop some boxes off to Andrea ( did I say she was moving later this month ? ) and then we are going out for brunch.

PJ, nice you got to see SC and her little birdies. She will always be your "little girl".

Gem, very nice group picture of the girls. "Shana Maybe" looks the same. I think that was the only one I met with you at ABR one year. 

Chris and Cindy, good times babysitting Seth and Didi. They grow up so fast,si ?

Bob, interesting story about your farmer friend and his geese. I didn't know geese would 'gang up' and peck another of their kind like that. Mother Nature works in strange ways.

Badger,  I'll probably watch some of the game today since I purchased a ton of snacks to munch on but honestly, my heart is not into it. If it becomes a one-sided N.E. rout, I'll change the channel.

Last cup of coffee in the mug,
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 08:13:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger, Schubenacadie comes out as shoo ben ak a dee. Lots of names from the native Mikmaw in the Maritimes, Kejimikujik is another fun one! 
We will be cheering for the Patriots but they should be playing the Saints today. We will also be looking for some fun ads - the only time we enjoy ads on TV.
It is sunny out today and warmest it has been in a long time and there is a bit of snow to shovel. It is pretty light though so it won't take long.
Enjoy your Sunday.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 09:24:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers! 
Beautiful weekend here.   High temps near 70F.  What a difference!
Made SC's Bday dinner last night.  She had requested quiche and salad.
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting for her Bday Cake.  All very easy to make.
Today will be the traditional pot of chili for SJ's Super Bowl watching.  

Badger,  you are welcome to eat at our house anytime.

Bob, sweet story about the farmer and his geese.  Glad the farmer removed the ill bird. 

Gem,  great pictures from the going away party.  Thanks for sharing.

C&C,  Sounds like you had a great time babysitting grandchildren last night.  
Pizza and reading them stories is always a hit.  

Bernie,  hope you are allowed outside again to enjoy the warmer weather. 

SoSo,  your morning sunrise pics are awesome! 

jj, did you find any shoes you liked??
You and SC would get along so well.  That girl loves shoes and boots. 

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 11:07:26 (permalink)
+1 (3)
UHK, I have to respectfully disagree with you. Your friend knew the bird was dying. He knew it was going to be pecked. Why did he not separate it from the others BEFORE it was pecked? I believe in this instance, true compassion would have been breaking it's neck. If one doesn't have the heart to know when a quicker death is the kinder option, one shouldn't have animals.

My father taught me many life lessons, not the least of which was respect for the animals that provided our main source of income, and all the animals we were responsible for; the dairy cows, our horses, dogs, barn cats, the chickens that provided our eggs, as well as assorted wildlife; the nest of mallard eggs we incubated and raised after their mother was killed, a wounded young red fox we nursed back to health, and an orphaned baby racoon. All returned to the wild, among others. Dad did not enjoy hunting or killing. But he also recognized when the kindest act was to end an animal's misery. Thankfully it did not happen often, and he often wept when he did have to, but he did it. And we all knew it was a special kind of heroism as well as an act of respect and kindness.
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/02/03 11:10:37

Video
Pix
YouTube

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 11:08:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning

Uphill... like I said yesterday, Mother Nature is amazing.  Animals are amazing.  When we were living on the farm, it came with a couple of cats.  One disappeared and "Jack" stayed around.  Eventually, she came to trust us and let us pet her.  She was a little tramp and she was with little ones.   A couple of days before she gave birth, she kept wanting me to follow her, so I did.  She took me to an old barn and jumped in a barrel and meowed at me.  A few days later, I couldn't find her so, I went to the old barn, and there she was with her new born kittens.  So I took her food out there for a couple of weeks.  Then later, she brought her kittens to me.  Not to worry, we were able to tame the kittens and gave them away, then had her spayed. She's still at the farm. My brother feeds her and she's a great mouser. 

Badger, you are such a great person. 

PJ  I got a facial and my face dermaplaned. (all the dried skin scraped off my face) . Was in there 2 hours and it was wonderful.  I came home and never went back out to shoe shop. 

The dog I always took care of when his people went out of town crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday.  He was such a cool dog, and I will miss him.  I tried to console my friend as much as I could.  My heart aches for her. 

Today my list of things include grocery store, laundry and clean house.  I don't like to do any of them.  I've pretty much talked myself out of cleaning the house.  I think Mr JJ needs to be in charge of that now that he has nothing to do.  I'm doing my laundry right now... ugh.  I hate going to the grocery store almost as much as I hate laundry.  I don't know what happened, it used to never bother me.  I think it's this thing called winter.  We have another storm coming in mid week.  Not sure how much snow, ice, sleet or rain because it's too far out to predict. 

Hope all is doing well.
May your favorite team win today... except for the Patriots.  

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 12:09:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  36 and fog is starting to clear.  Went to early church service.  Next agenda item is to scan some documents to CPA.  Brother Kurt and wife board their plane at noon headed for Sayulita for a week.  It's also his BD today.  Told him to have a BD mojito for me upon arrival.  Sadly they had to put their black lab, Vader, down yesterday morning.  Hopefully the sunshine and sand will do them both good. Christine was supposed to stop out but has a cold so we will postpone until next weekend.   

Gem, what a lovely family you have. 

Happy belated birthday to SC.  PJ you are the best making all your family's favorites.  You best rest up before the busy tax season gears up.

Cindy, fun evening with the grand kids.  DiDi cracks me up.  Any chance she takes after her GaGa?

Hoping you have a pleasant day with friends Twirls.  Enjoy the yummy food.  Did you ever get the biopsy results on Pearl?

Frank, congrats with a new grand baby on the way soon.

JJ, that's great that you found a job and boss that you enjoy.  Hope you enjoyed your girly weekend.

Bobski, glad the neighbor provided a safe haven for the dying critter.  Quite the aerial view of his land.

Badger, glad you are checking in more regularly and were in town to help out your friend.  I would have you on speed dial if you lived closer.

Bernie, munchies....Will you be helping Andrea move?

Hola Bosco.  Ribs feeling better?

Jamie, quite the rain event out your way.  Hope the car fix is an inexpensive one.

BeachBilly, are you back in the pool again?  

SoSo, loving the early morning pics.  Nice you could catch up with some other LGers.  

Make it a great day all.   MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/02/03 13:55:16

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 12:10:30 (permalink)
Cindy, I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with me about, but as we left, we did think that maybe he should have broken it's neck and we were kinda glad we didn't see such a thing. I've come home to a gravely injured pet and had to finish it off, or some other injured animal (Chipmunk, etc...) and had to finish it off. I did it because it was right, not because I wanted to, because I very much did not want to. I could have driven it a half hour to a vet, waited, how long, all the while, the cat is suffering..... I quickly dug a hole, left my ax there and went inside and cradled the poor widdle kitty as I walked out there...

Ernie has given up on raising animals except the geese and the cows. He gets attached to them and simply doesn't have the heart. No more goats, pigs, chickens, etc.... He keeps his distance from the beef critters because he likes steak. I'm not a farmer, though I have worked at some in my younger years. The pigs seem to know that when they get stuck in that cage and loaded in the truck, they aren't coming back. It's hard to move a pig that doesn't want to move. 

Anyways, back to the goose. They are his pets, BTW, he doesn't eat them. The goose seemed peaceful enough to me, go to sleep and die. That's me, perhaps that is what you disagree with. I get that. She wasn't in any apparent distress. Apparently, the other geese were "just" pulling feathers off her, trying to scold her into standing up when Ernie went out earlier. When we got there, they were chewing her feet and he removed her. I didn't judge any because if this were in the wild, the geese would do the same and no one would be around to stop them. But this goose was just going to sleep, no respiratory distress, etc.... Judgement call, not mine to make, not my animal. 

As far as being pecked, birds often establish the pecking order, as it were. Who goes out and interferes with this cruel animal habit? Shucks, I'd be the hero to the lowest bird in the pecking order. But it just doesn't happen, the pecking order goes on. As stated, he normally doesn't have to do this, the foxes predate his geese thru the summer. I've seen him got from 13 to zero. 

A sad day, however you slice it. Animals have such an impact on our lives. 

Speaking of which, I see the red squirrels out front, no longer chased by a widdle doggie. You should see the tunnel system in the snow. I have holes all over the place out front. The squirrel will run into one hole and pop up in another. Much like Whack a mole, it's fun watching them. 

Pats looking for number 6! On their way to 13 and more!

Lovin life,
Bob

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 13:04:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenas Tardes BCrs

Way to go Badger on your help with the frozen pipes, tis the season most plumbers are busy.  

Nice to hear you are back to normal Chris, start packing. We want fishy pics...

JJ my dear neighbour is a foodie, she turned me on to napoles.  So delicious, great blood sugar stabilizer and many more nutritional benefits.  Bought them with spines at Chedraui amazed I only got spiked once.  Yesterday found a bundle up in the pueblo at the veggie market, de-spiked, SOLD.  Hang onto that job, your boss sounds great.  

Made a mango pico de gallo this morning, next up making a fruit salad with mango, pina, naranga, banana and some MX cinnamon.  Good for the next week, an easy go to.  Veggies are cut up, can relax now.

Bobski, the grand (5) had his first ski lesson yesterday.   Viewing the video, he actually looks like a natural.  They had him going through the cones turning, I was impressed.  We were fortunate living on the north shore where our boys would go up after school and do night skiing and boarding.

Gem glad you kept positive for Monica, it's tough.  We should be around when you come down, will be on Coz until Apr 18 then back down to AK, hope to see you again.

BeBe it's amazing how much damage sun does when you are a kid. 

Hi Susy!

Everyone but Canada is thawing PJ.  What a lovely photo of SC BD cake, she is so beautiful!  Thanks for the kind words on the pics, you are welcome to transfer here. (had upload prob when I tried -gave up) 

Badger will be watching a bit of it at Lolha, going to see my shadow again jeje. Guess I will choose the west coast team... 

Nipper what a name for the rodent.

My goodness MB/JJ lots of people put their dogs down this weekend, add a 3rd with King Lou - Flip Flop Birg and MacManiac, very heart breaking.  On this day my father died 7 years ago, miss him so.

Cindy good job on the sitting, sounds like you had lots of fun.

Hi Jamie hope the rain isn't washing to much soil away down there after all the fires.

VSDs credit card has been compromised from some weird delivery place in the states, spent the morning on the phone - ratbastards  

Make it a good day everyone and you lurkers too!
post edited by Soleil Soul - 2019/02/04 03:18:10

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 13:11:57 (permalink)
Soleil Soul
Bobski, our grand took who just turned 5 had his first ski lesson yesterday.  Our children sent the video, he actually looks like a natural.  They had him going through the cones turning, I was impressed.  We were fortunate living on the north shore were our boys would go up after school and do night skiing and boarding.

Keeping the sport alive. It is a declining sport. Every now and then, another resort closes, and it's regular skiers go elsewhere, keeping the numbers up at other resorts, but not really increasing them. It is so much fun, as near as I can get to flying. It provides plenty of fresh air and kills cabin fever!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 15:27:13 (permalink)
uphillklimber

I quickly dug a hole, left my ax there and went inside and cradled the poor widdle kitty as I walked out there...

OMG, you killed a kitten with an ax?!? That's horrible.

Wag more....bark less.
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 15:48:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beautiful pictures, thanks Gem. I did meet Shana and her daughters one year when I was staying with Holly, daughters are a lot older, guess time flies like they say.

Hope barata and John are having a wonderful time, and thanks for checking in SoSo, so envious you get to spend such a nice long time down there, enjoy every last little bit.

Badger, IMO part of the problem is many parents seem to have gone overboard with the whole "self esteem" thing, it's fine to praise a child for a good job, but some just take it too far and expect "A" grades for "C" or "B" work.

janjon, facial sounds really nice, margarita sounds better. What a great boss!

Thanks for the good wishes, it has been a wetter than usual winter, and has been raining off and on since Friday when we had really scary thunder and lightning. Thunder doesn't usually bother me that much but it sounded like it was less than a block away, very unnerving. Third storm due tonight and tomorrow, took the trash and rent check down awhile ago when it looked clear, and got drizzled on.

for non Super Bowl fans, Puppy Bowl is on at 3pm LA time on Animal Planet, check your local listings.

Guess I have to root for the Rams, we haven't won in a long time and the Patriots have their fair share of rings and then some. Funny interview on TV last week with Brady and the LA Rams quarterback. Rams guy was 7 years old when Brady played in his first SuperBowl.

Chili sounds good, clam chowder sounds better, since I have neither will settle for microwave popcorn and Stouffers French bread pizza.

janjon, do any of your local grocery stores deliver? That is how I often get my groceries, you can get most stuff except fresh bakery and some fresh deli items (even liquor). Both major chains here in LA deliver along with Smart and Final and Amazon Prime. Walmart is experimenting with pickup (you place the order ahead of time).

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 16:32:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Afternoon all

Although I have no liking for either team, I'd like to see Tom Brady go away empty handed.  I'm tired of them winning....

I'm on the fence about the goose.

I ended up cancelling guests.  I took my RA meds yesterday and shortly after taking my antibiotic this morning, I became sick.  Chris went ahead and did the turkey breast but we froze the ribs.  We had done most everything yesterday so Ann is still coming.  I'm driving her to a dental appointment in the morning and dropping her off.

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 17:12:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I’it’s almost time for the Tom Brady show...I’m not rooting for either team, it should have been the Saints vs the Chiefs . Gotta say the hype over Brady is too much. Making homemade enchiladas , but not really partying here. Everyone have a great evening🏈🍻🏉🍺!
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 18:41:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Love the Puppy Bowl.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 19:27:53 (permalink)
0 (2)
uphillklimber
 And yet, I saw a farmer, with compassion towards his animal, separate a dying goose from the flock, to die in peace. 

This. The compassion should have come before the pecking started, not when he had an audience.
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/02/03 19:29:50

Video
Pix
YouTube

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/03 23:23:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger

Frank, I agree on too any lawyers and lawsuits, but I really don't think that many kids are growing up with a decent work ethic these days ( I know, our parents probably said the same about us). I recently saw a survey of high schools kids who were asked what they want to be when they grow up and the most popular answer?  Youtube star.

Badger--That is really sad.  Good thing in my opinion is they didn't want to be lawyers
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/04 05:28:02 (permalink)
nipper

Kejimikujik is another fun one! 

Ya got me on that one, too.

Good Morning Clubbers, it's Moanday.

Glad I didn't watch the game, sounds like it was pretty boring.

MB, I would gladly help you out if I lived closer.

SoSo, yo no soy plomero, yo soy carpentero!

PJ, I don't do facebook, need photos please.

Jamie and Frank, agree with both of you.

Currently freezing rain and strong winds, roads are a very slippery mess, I might stay home today and work on my taxes.

Babs got a little surprise yesterday, someone decided to push the curtain open and invite himself into the shower while she was bathing, in the photo he only looks a little guilty and rumor has it that MY bath towel was used to partially dry him.

post edited by Badger - 2019/02/04 05:29:16

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/04 06:06:56 (permalink)
Badger
uphillklimber

I quickly dug a hole, left my ax there and went inside and cradled the poor widdle kitty as I walked out there...

OMG, you killed a kitten with an ax?!? That's horrible.

Badger, "everyone" up here owns guns, yet I couldn't find one quickly (I don't own guns). Cat was in some serious distress, and I just didn't think taking a half hour ride to the vet, then waiting however long for them to do it for me was really the best way to end the suffering.

I will say this, I'm not the kind of guy who is cut out for that. I have had to dispatch injured squirrels and chipmunks before.... well, I didn't have to, but when they are suffering..... It certainly is not the most pleasant thing I have ever had to do. If they were dying "peacefully" I don't intervene, but if they are suffering....

Cindy, I know you disagree with how the farmer handled his goose, but I can assure you that Ernie did not do what he did on account of his "audience". We could see the concern and pain in his voice and eyes. For some reason, I'm not so sure he knew this was going to happen. Those 8 geese were a flock that always stuck together and one was always on lookout when the other 7 slept. I don't understand all of nature myself, but I was shocked at what I saw. Just an FYI, he is a hay farmer, who happens to have 8 geese as pets and 3 cows for eating. Nothing else, as he gets attached to his critters. He can't do pigs anymore for that reason (he'd have a couple for bacon and chops). 

MB, that aerial view comes from google maps, satellite view. You can see his farm in the center. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.3819399,-70.6214646,3496m/data=!3m1!1e3

I was at a Superbowl party last night, and of course, there was way too much food! I'm bringing some home baked cookies to Maine Adaptive skiing today! I wonder what today will bring. It is warm out, already 30 degrees. 

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/02/04 08:05:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Sunny skies this AM and it will remain mostly sunny today with a few clouds in the mix. The next four days will be highs in the mid 70's.  Current temp is 45F at 7:50. High today a pleasant 65 degrees.

Had a enjoyable brunch with Andrea yesterday. We both had the eggs Benedict. Very tasty. Afterwards we went to Target as Andrea needed some more tank tops for work. I decided that I wasn't needed for that task. Amazingly, she was in and out in less than 20 minutes.  Stopped at her condo for about 40 minutes to play some with her two cats, Rudy and Buster. They remembered me and in between playing they would run over to the cat feed bowls, stop to look up at me and beg for food. Yes, they remembered that I would give them their food for their early evening dinner when Andrea was working the wait staff job. Silly cats.
Andrea has about 1/2 of her packing done, stored in the guest bedroom in boxes. She can't pack everything
yet 'cause shes is still using stuff in the kitchen, etc.  Right now the moving company is scheduled for the 28th but that might change, depending on if the new place is ready for her to occupy or not. The previous tenants left the home with some damage. That will need to be fixed and all the interior walls repainted.

Yes, MB, I will help Andrea by moving some of the small to mid-sized boxes in my truck bed, along with items that Andrea doesn't want the movers to handle in their big truck. For example, the 42" TV. The two movers can carry that down the stairs and place it on the floor of my cab behind the bucket seats and rear bench seat. It will be protected with a few blankets and ride safely.

I watched the 'big game' at home last night. Had too many snacks so I didn't need dinner. Other folks said the game was boring and I agree it wasn't the most exciting super bowl ever. I was hoping the Rams could score again but that last interception was the 'kiss of death'. Oh well.

jj, you put a big smile on my face by remembering Jack the cat. Way cool that she is still hanging at the family farm house and also that your brother is caring for her.  Have you seen her recently ? Bet she remembers you.

Badger, funny story, I think he does look guilty ! hee,hee.

Not a whole lot on the schedule today. I will call the dermatologist office today to reschedule the 2nd blue light treatment. It's set for the 29th but I believe it's going to take a little longer for the hands to fully heal.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..896897898899900.. > >> Showing page 900 of 1030
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5