Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..891892893894895.. > >> Showing page 894 of 909
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10358
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/22 11:42:33 (permalink)
Good Morning
I've been putzing around for hours and really can't see anything that I've accomplished. Did get one of the big outdoor cords in from the garage to let it warm up a bit so it is not a frozen coil when I drag it outside. Decided to finally get the snow left from the last storm off the deck before this next storm moves in today. Supposed to be a heavier, wetter snow with NOAA saying we could get up to 10" total between this afternoon and tomorrow.

Crunch, yeah, that's what Chris' EKG was: FLS. Dr. said, looks like things are going left. He said, well, sure glad they aren't going right! (I know you see his stuff on FB, ) Dr. gave a huge laugh, said, well your sense of humor is intact. Surgery is now on the books for next Monday. Another week of waiting.

Loved your story about the cowbell, PJ. What a precious memory. Can't say my Dad and I ever took walks, but I treasure the times when I could question him about things I was curious about. He had such a wealth of knowledge about the natural world and I always wanted to learn as much as I could. 'course, the times I had to go out to the barn with him at 4am, there was never much conversation. I'm not grumpy or anything in the morning, just don't want to talk. I don't think he did either, 'cuz all he ever did on those mornings was point to the next cow that needed their udder washed.  A system that suited us both.

MB, it's good to hear you're getting better each day and enjoying things. No backsliding! Take it slow and no getting sick again!
Crunch, good to hear your Dad has settled down some. Praying he'll come around and make some friends there. (they can't ALL be 100 year old zombies.) Does he play bridge?  Got to be a bridge group there! I wish we knew more people who play bridge around here. I've been asked to go be a 4th at the senior center, but it's never been a convenient time, and I'm pretty rusty. When we lived in Peoria, and then later Sterling, we were always in a couples group that rotated house to house. In Wisconsin, it's all sheepshead and cribbage. 
I'd better go get something done before the snow starts. Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/22 11:49:24 (permalink)
Good grief, thought my post had disappeared. Bernie, forgot to say, wonderful picture of Mae!

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29449
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/22 12:44:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Great pics Bernie.  Lillie Mae looks fabulous, and Freddie too!

Twirley - his place is more like a hotel. Restaurant and housekeeping services with concierge etc.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 05:06:57 (permalink)
Good Morning
Too dark to tell yet how much snow has accumulated. Heaviest is supposed to come between now and noon. After it stops, temps will begin falling again. Friday's predicted HIGH: -4.

Last night Chris began looking at airfares to Ft. Meyer, Fl. Quite simply, outrageously high. Between that and the room rates at Naples Hyatt, we reluctantly conceded that it was too expensive to fly down for 2 days for brother's 3rd wedding. They are going to host a reception over the 4th of July (my late Dad's birthday) in Michigan. We will settle for that celebration. So, Bosco, if you're lurking, sorry. Ain't gonna happen. Brother was OK with that.

I got nuthin' else. Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 06:30:24 (permalink)
Had my own kerfuffle yesterday at the doctor's office. I have been going to a Rumford clinic, 30 minutes away because the last place I worked used them. I have the option of one that is 20 minutes away, but just never changed, for whatever reasons. Twice now, from my clinic, I have received a letter from them saying that they have called my home 3 times, left messages and gotten no reply, so my appointment is canceled, please call us to reschedule. This includes this year. (FYI, this is total fakery, I have caller ID and a working message center. I am thinking a really lazy staff there, can't even make a phone call to me and leave a message.)

So, anyways, I show up to my appointment yesterday morning, standing at the window for ...5 minutes or so, while staff walks by and no one says anything to me. Finally, one person from the other side, says, are you being helped? I go over, show my new medical card. I have changed to Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield. They don't take that card! Anthem, only one of the biggest insurance providers? I ask if I can cancel, she said yes with a smile. Later in the day, I go over to the nearer clinic, conveniently located on the way home from skiing. I pick up the paperwork and confirm their doctors are on the approved list. I will very likely be a patient today, with an appointment scheduled some time in the future.

Inefficiency has driven me from various health providers before. I used to schedule dental appointments for after work, and the Dentist was always late. I'm thinking an emergency happened or the patient needed more work than planned, the ole domino effect. Then one day, I was scheduled for the very first appointment of the day, 8 AM. Thy do all the paperwork and get me set up and then, I am sitting there, for 20 minutes or so. I ask what is the delay, assuming there was an emergency.The woman says, with a smile, that the dentist has not arrived to the office yet. No wonder I am served late every time! Yup, last visit with him, I promptly had a new dentist. 

So... speaking of skiing, I am just loving this winter. We have plenty of snow and the conditions are awesome. It's even warm out today, 16 degrees! But.... it's supposed to be 43 and raining tomorrow..... Get it today while I can!

Bernie, that is a great picture. Do you want to print to to a shop and have a copy made? 

Twirley, that was a nail biter wasn't it. How could the Super bowl be as good as the two games from this weekend. What good games. I think the saints got boned on that helmet to helmet play, one official telling the other not to throw a flag. I really wanted to see a Brady Brees superbowl!

PJ, the cat brought you a present!!! How loving of him!

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 06:35:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I was about to complain about the wind chill until I saw Cindy's post. Yikes, that is some weather you are getting.  By the way I am a "non-talker" in the am too.  Not grumpy at all. Just need my time to get with it.

Dad loves Quidler and scrabble as that is what he and mom always played. He did try to play bridge with someone, but he said they fell asleep with the cards in their hands lol.  That is funny because normally any time dad sits he falls asleep and always has.

That dog door is worth every penny we spent on it. So nice knowing the mutts can relax in teh house when it is cold like this, but also go out and take care of business as needed.
post edited by crunch - 2019/01/23 06:37:42
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 07:46:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh Bernie, your mom is beautiful. 
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2992
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 07:49:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

A bit cloudy out this AM but that will change to partly sunny later today and some rain late tonight. The current temp is 50F at 7:56 and the high is expected to be 63 degrees. Weather is like a yo-yo on the coast.

Freddie let me sleep in a little this morning. Nice kitty kitty.  Today I will get a few sale items at the grocery store and also hit the "mini bank" for some travel cash. Anyone else still call the ATM a minibank ? It's OK to say so...no one will call you old school. hee,hee

May not be able to post starting tomorrow morning. I have to pick up Debby early at her house and she wants to be on the road by 8 AM. I gassed up the truck yesterday and will pack tonight.

Thank you to MB and PJ for the complements on Lillie Mae's larger picture.
MB, Debby was very happy I found it and the story about 'how' I discovered it.
PJ, funny story about the mouse. Cats just love to bring them inside so they can play with them.

Thanks Cindy. I have some pictures of Lillie Mae when she and Dad were young adults. She was a good looking gal. It doesn't surprise me that the flight to Ft Meyers is way high.After all, it's 'high season' in Florida. Did you try Frontier ? They used to have direct flights in Ft. Myers. Tampa not too far from Naples. Oh, I forgot to ask you; did you use the new electric snow blower & how well did it do ?

Thank you Crunch for the complement on Lillie Mae's picture. I told Freddie that you liked her picture as well. She said "meow". We need a picture of that dog door. ha,ha.

Bob, I'm wondering if that's the way most doctors offices operate : overbooking schedule times and trying to cram as many people into the day as possible. Debby will place that picture into a frame for the memorial. She says she has that picture in her house but can't find it. The funeral home can make a duplicate for us.  Have a great skiing day.

Time to scoot. I'll try to catch y'all later this afternoon.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6869
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 07:56:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Hump Day Clubbers!

Wonderful picture of Lillie Mae Bernie

Supposed to rain today and changeover late tonight as temps drop. Is winter over yet? I just hate it!

C&C...My BFF lives in Ft. Myers. Very nice place. Sorry it's too $$$. Blame the snowbirds

My parents are avid bridge players. They say it keeps their gray matter working.

I lost 7 lbs due to the flu. Started back swimming on Monday but can tell I took a week off. Wore down pretty quickly. Back at it today.

I hope Badge is just working hard and not sick.

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 10:22:47 (permalink)
BB, did your parents make you learn? Come to PoMo in May. If there is a rainy day, maybe we can scrounge up a 4th.

Bernie. I just came in from using the Toro. It is kind of a PITA that you have to keep a grip on it to keep it running. Then again, it is so cold my fingers were getting numb. And while I have plenty of insulation elsewhere on my bod, I have exceptionally skinny, bony fingers. (Also my feet and toes, but those I can cover with thick wool socks). Would be hard to keep the blower going if I put thick wool mittens on. And it is windy, so no matter what I did I kept getting covered in snow. Also, thought the storm was over, but it started snowing again and coming down pretty thick now. Will thaw out for a while and try later. It does throw the snow quite a ways, but with the wind swirling around...The other thing is, I think it would be easier with 2-3 inches of snow. 5-6 inches requires a lot of backing up to let the blades clear before proceeding. Probably will be up to 7 inches by the time I get back out there.

I miss Badger, too. Hope he is not still ticked off with me. And I hope he's not sick.

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 10:47:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Dark dreary day here.  Rain turning to snow later this evening.
Moving kinda slow this morning.  Stayed up late last night as SJ woke up and was roaming
the house until 1 a.m.  Guess he just couldn't sleep.  Assured me he was not sleep walking.

UpHill,  enjoy the slopes today.  I hear you about the way a person gets treated in the doctor's office.
Lost all respect for my ob/gyn in Florida.  After I was made to wait in the exam room for a very long time.  
So long that I took a 2 hour nap.  Now, I had dropped SJ at the Tampa airport prior to going to the appointment. 
The doctor passed me on the long bridge going back to St. Pete.  He was in his convertible with the top down.
Golf clubs in the back seat.  I doubted the doctor's story of an emergency when he finally arrived.

Bernie,  keeping and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  Wishing you and Deb safe travels.  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13876
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 12:02:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Doing ok.  Shopping airfare also. 
I got nothing else.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 12:24:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Doctors offices these days can be very frustrating.  Luckily the ones I have now are pretty decent.

Safe travels Bernie.

7lbs BB?  Wowza!  You must have been very sick.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 18:16:52 (permalink)
I see it, but I don't much like it

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2992
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/23 18:49:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi folks.  Suitcase packed. Truck loaded except for the suite case. I'll probably be in bed before 10

Thank you very much, BeachBilly. Glad you are on the mend.

I don't know Cindy. That Toro may not be the right model for you. Maybe go out and look at a couple the models that have been assembled.

PJ, I will try to keep the truck no more than a couple three or four miles over, weather permitting.

Okey-dokey, Crunch.

Too much snow for me, Cindy !!

Pam of the Texas, I think I missed saying thank you. Oops & my bad.

Howdy to all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/24 05:48:44 (permalink)
Good Morning
Safe travels, Bernie.

MB, I think that the Toro would do fine with 3-4 inches of snow. To me, it feels heavier than 13lbs, but that may be because this was heavier snow. With just shy of 9 inches, it was a lot like vacuuming; back and forth to clear the blades. And like vacuuming, my back paid the price. Still moved it faster than shoveling. I think it would be perfect for a neighborhood like you're in; more houses to block wind, shorter and more level sidewalk, etc. NOTHING is level with this old house, including me. And the other models I saw just looked, well, cheap. And flimsy.

We are looking at windchills between -20 and -30 for the next several days, with more snow on the way for Sunday-Monday. Winter is definitely here.

Have a great day, all
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/24 06:41:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Horrible weather C&C. Yikes.

Still no Badger?
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/24 06:42:07 (permalink)
Early morning to all

Cats let me sleep in so naturally I was awake before dawn.  I didn't go to sleep very early but I woke up on my bad hip in pain.  I finally just got up although I don't know why.  I had pretty much a pain free day yesterday.  Didn't have to take any pills even to get out of bed!  I've been forcing myself to walk and try to be as upright as possible.  Not sure if that's the reason I had less pain and was walking better.  I could actually walk several steps pretty upright before the pain stepped in.

Bernie, safe travel.

Hola BB

Going to try to shower and clean myself up so I can go to the store before we go into the deep freeze the next few days.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/24 09:05:20 (permalink)
Good morning BCers.
We have a few clouds and sunshine here.  High temp of 42F for today.
Big case of January Blahs...not really motivated to do much more than what has to been done.
Told SJ that I have declared myself a "Staycation" this week.  LOL   
So he brought home dinner from our favorite Mexican restaurant last night.  Yummy!  

C&C,  beautiful snow photos.    

BeachBilly,  glad you are feeling better. 

Twirls,  hope you make it to store and back with no problems. 

Wishing everyone a good day!  Hugs  

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/24 13:33:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good boy SJ!
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/24 16:50:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Buenas Noches BCrs

Great scores Mapes y JJ But a TV, that is so cool.

BeBe you had a spirit visit, incredible!  Safe travel, keep strong bro.((Hugs))) 

PJ love your history with the very special cow bell, good memories.  He gotcha :)  
Hilarious payback by your cat! Well isn't SJ earning bonus points, enjoy the staycation.  Get into a good movie - anyone have suggestions on Netflix? (rainy movie popcorn night)

BB happy you are feeling better.

Chris has funny stuff   Cindy I take it you wouldn't recommend your new snow removal tool?    Hang in there El Presidente.

MB had a sighting of the full moon - fell asleep for the main event   FB was saturated with some awesome photos to view. My favorite was the baloney or salami on the window.

Sorry to hear your news Twirls at least you know now, DDD welcome to the ole club.

The new dog door is serving its purpose Crunch, makes you feel better when you're not there.

Badger hope all is ok, btw we are booked to visit you BCrs May 2-7  pls add us to the list of riff raft.  

Bobski enjoy the skiing you have history to make.

Has been some huge rollers the past few days, 4 surfer dudes were directly out front, caught a few pics.  One damaged a board and exited onto the ironshore to check damage, then jumped back into some dangerous surf.  Took him a while to paddle back out to the others, was a serious struggle - was worried. (how dare they take my mellow away jaja)

Great sighting of a hawk carrying something in its talons fighting through the rain storm, as I spot a baby blue heron walking across a tidal pool.

Went to pick up a MX sim card today, what an ordeal to find out the card was defective and of course it was their last...manana.  Best part was trying to find out where the 

Everyone else make it a good one. 
post edited by Soleil Soul - 2019/01/24 16:52:27

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2172
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/24 18:16:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  4 and clear with a low of -7.  Stopped at Home Depot for 3 items prior to another clinic visit at 10 a.m.  Dang those winds gusts of over 35 mph with the cold temps were brutal.  Just finished warming up the other vehicle and getting mail.  Beautiful sunset in the making.

Cindy, dang girl.  You got hit pretty good with that last snowfall.  Stay warm.

Kim. glad that doggie door is working out so well. 

Twirls, keep moving forward with available treatments and a positive attitude.

SoSo, the web cam has looked a little windy/rainy.  A good movie and hot dish is needed. 

Hola Paul.  Hope you are not working out in this frigid weather.  

Hope all is well with Bernie and family.

BeachBilly, that is a lot of weight loss.  I lost quite a few pounds in my recent hospital visit.

Be well, MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/25 05:39:16 (permalink)
Good Morning
-7, high today of 2. I guess that is better than the high of -4 they predicted a couple of days ago, but when it is single digits either way it still adds up to COLD.

After a flurry of phone calls, Chris got set up to go to the hospital yesterday afternoon for the 1st part of the chemical stress test. This morning he has to be there by 7:15am for part 2. As of now, surgery still set for Monday, barring any seriously FLS. And we can only hope that now every single person involved in the kidney stone saga has gotten their piece of the CYA pie.

Went to the post last night for dinner, as Chris didn't know how long he'd be at the hospital. Wind had picked up and on the way home went through quite a bit of drifting. Once home, he immediately called our plowing guy to make sure driveway is open for him to get to hospital this morning. Do not need anymore delays.

I guess it is pretty easy to see this has been consuming our lives. Sorry. It is nice to vent a little though. Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/25 06:23:38 (permalink)
-1 (1)
I gotta tell you, this is really turning into quite a year for me skiing wise. Yesterday it poured like crazy, so no skiing. But the day before, we did SOME skiing!! I was looking at Flying Monkey, a trail in an area called OZ (Wizard of Oz themed area). It is a tree run that I have never done before, but looked real good with the recent snow, and I asked Norm if he could lead me thru it. Norm is one of my two mentors helping me to ski better, and they can ski anything on the mountain. He said if I wanted to, he'll do it with me. I said, well, it's gonna get ruined tomorrow with the upcoming rain, so we need to do it today. Skied it competently and confidently!

As we are heading up the lift, one of the guys is looking at the trail directly under the lift. Typically, lift lines are the steepest as they are straight and don't meander. They are convenient trails for the resort, since they have to clear the trees out for the lift line. Norm says this is the third toughest trail on the resort, but we can do it (I had actually skied it a couple weeks earlier). Again, it's getting ruined tomorrow, let's do it, so all 4 of us went down it. Then we look at Ruby Palace, the toughest trail on mountain, yup, did that one also! First time ever for me. No issues, no worries, capably skied!

Two years ago, there is no way I'd ever consider such trails. I am loving it now. I'm not so sure if I love the trails themselves or that I can competently ski them. So we take a break and survey other trails that the rain is gonna ruin. More lift lines and, gasp, glades. I mean we are hitting the tough stuff! Ever hear of the movie a bridge too far??? Yup, we hit one glade that was tougher than the toughest trail on mountain. We did that one, didn't enjoy it, but we did it, then we went back to another lift line! 6 hours of this and my legs were gone! 

What fun we had!!! There is only one trail and 6 glades on the map I have not done as of this year, out of a total of 135. Then there are unnamed glades not shown on the map... The one trail, I need to catch hen the lift is open to ski it, I've skied it many times in the past, a fun trail, but it is a weekend only trail and I have a weekday pass. Sometimes they open the lift if another breaks down. Of the 6 glades, 3 of them I may not be ready for this season. I'm having a great deal of fun, but I also want to live!!!! LOL! Norm says later this season, we may tackle those as well, depending on how I progress. He has a good feeling for what I can handle and do. 

Today will be a groomer day. The rain has turned the lift lines and glades into to ice trails. The groomers can not groom them, for obvious reason. But they can groom up the regular trails. I've sharpened my edges and am ready for the icy conditions!

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/25 08:42:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning.  I know someone has posted prior to myself so it's in limbo
Page: << < ..891892893894895.. > >> Showing page 894 of 909
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5