AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..886887888889890.. > >> Showing page 890 of 1018
Author
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 09:00:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning. 28 and cloudy.  Some light freezing drizzle and fog.  Another day in the mid '30s.  Yesterday, got myself all cleaned up.  Had a fun visit with brother Kurt, wife Ann and their son Luke who lives in West Virginia.  It was Ann's BD so they brought cupcakes over. They were headed downtown Mpls to meet up with other family members for some brews and dinner.

SoSo, thanks for your updates.  

Bob, great day on the slopes yesterday.  Rewarding.

Cindy, good news on Chris.  DiDi cracked me up with that laugh of hers.  Is she imitating someone?

Crunchie, I sure wish your Dad had a good friend he could work through this with.  So frustrating.  Good luck on your appointment tomorrow.

Twirls, pull those big girl pants up and be the change needed in your life.  I know you can do it.

Badger,  enjoy the mild temps while they last.  The PoMo list is growing.

Hola Bernie.  Has Freddie lost any weight yet?  

Hope you are feeling better BeachBilly.

Have a beautiful day all.  MB

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 09:32:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning to everyone.

Slept in this AM. It was needed do to a 'self-inflected' incident last night : too many rum & cokes. hee,hee.
I enjoyed playing some music and relaxing within the confines of my home. The Domino's sandwich was good, although I was in the mood for Chinese food. None were open that delivered. Rats.

Nice sunny day in store for the coast. Current temp 38F at 10:03 with a high of 51 degrees.

I finally got a chance to go back to read the posts while I was gone.  You guys were busy bees !   Thank you again for everyone's kind wishes.

Didn't hear from Debby yesterday regarding Lillie Mae's status. I'll call her shortly.

Today a have another 'blue light' treatment at dermatologist. It will be for my hands or face; don't know which until I get there.

Hi to all. I'm a little 'slow' this morning. hee,hee.
Catch y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 09:35:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oops, missed your question MB.

I can't tell about Freddie's weight yet.

Weekend at Bernie's
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 10:51:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 11:01:16 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Morning all
I'm just wonderful this morning.  No pain at all and I'm walking upright and feel great.  It's a lie but maybe if I keep saying it, it will come true.  As I grab an ice pack...

I have a 12:30 appointment with the neurologist today.  It will probably just be what Jan calls a "social visit".  Meaning no action just talk about my situation so he can pass me off to another kind of Dr.

Our weekend, and beyond, weather is not good.  Another winter storm but this time we are right in the middle of the worst.  Of course, things can change but they are also saying highs in the 20's at best and single digits overnight with 2 more winter storms right behind the freezing temperatures.  I forgot to mention that the winds will be wicked with 40 mph gusts so the wind chill temps will be in the minuses.  I wish I could just leave.

Speaking of leaving, I have a American Airlines ticket I have to use or lose by May.  The May trip is too late to use it.  And I'm still not walking good enough to feel comfortable going alone.  I tried to talk Ann into a short trip somewhere and she only wants a beach trip and on a budget.  The budget won't be enough for Florida prices in high season.  I tried Charleston but she would prefer Mexico.  Hacienda Morelos is in budget.  So maybe a week there.
I did call Hacienda morelos to verify my May reservations and room number choices, and Kara, who answered the call, knew immediately who I was.  Not sure if that's good or bad.  She was also aware that our group is coming and seemed as excited as I am.  I still haven't booked my flights.  I looked last night and didn't see any bargains.  I have plenty of miles but don't want to burn a bunch on 1 trip.  Sherry and Tom found bargain miles trip and I know a couple of others got a big bargain on miles flights.  I've got time to wait for a bargain.  

There was a big thing on the news last night regarding accidental OD on pain meds.  I can understand that because the meds lose their effectiveness over time.  I took one this morning and I also took one earlier but I didn't look at the time.  I didn't care because I needed whatever it took just to get moving.  Now I'm light headed.
BTW, if anyone thinks that I'm so depressed that I might be suicidal, it's not happening. I know why the Drs keep trying to get me to take antidepressants.  I would never kill myself.  I don't want to go to hell so I could never kill myself on purpose.  I trust GOD will guide me through this.  I just pray it will be over soon.  He never gives us more than we can handle so I know that relief will be here...sometime.  like Mexico time...it's GOD's time and I'm not in control, HE is.

Crunch, I do pray your dad finds his way through his situation.  It's very hard.  Anger is part of grieving.  So is denial.  While you are so wrapped up in your dad's world, you are also grieving for your mom.  

I gotta go get ready for the Dr.  
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 11:06:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
My lovely DH found a school of my fav's.  He had a blow out on his fin strap, a bungy cord from a wonderful neighbour helped.

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 11:10:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and a bit chilling outside.  Thankfully not raining.  High temp of 45F.
Got a late start again this morning.  Spent a long time outside with lil doggie.
With so much rain the last few days. She has not had a chance to get much outside exercise.
Needed a bit of a walk about and some fresh air myself.  
Nothing much of interest going on here.  Dreaming of warm temps, sunshine, beach and sand between my toes.
Thanks for pics from paradise SoSo.  Lovely!
Wishing all of you a wonderful day!  Hugs

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/01/15 11:14:34

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 11:11:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Soso, thanks for that beautiful picture.  It makes me feel at peace.  It also makes me feel like I want to be there.

I did get out on my own yesterday to get a manicure.  My nails had grown out and they were looking pretty bad with part new growth and the rest in New Year's eve MUlti coloured glitter that was very BLING.  I now have coral red with a little bit of gold glitter.  I couldn't give up all the BLING but the gold glitter is very subtle.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29466
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 12:33:44 (permalink)
0 (2)
A little bling is a good thing!

Bernie - glad you enjoyed just being in your own home last night. Chinese food would have been good too.

We are getting that arctic front too. Supposed to be mid 60's Wed-Fri and then BAM 20 degrees.  Yikes!

Soso - I wish I was sitting at that table with you.  Drool.  Mental and physical!

PJ - are you helping out with tax season again?

C&C - hope a reduction of stress is coming your way.  I knew you meant that in a kidding manner to Badger.
post edited by crunch - 2019/01/15 12:35:36
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 14:08:36 (permalink)
Bernie, I just noticed you sold you sand flea rake. So that's what it is intended for. I used to dig those up at the beach as a kid by hand. I didn't know they were bait!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/15 21:48:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Late evening all
I actually went to dinner and drove myself!  I ate like a pig.  Favorite restaurant, Avanzare.  Angela and David joined me.  I had veal piccata with roasted potatoes and veggies. Also a beet salad and chocolate fondant cake.  I ate almost every bite of all of it.  I brought home a very small portion of my entree.  Probably gained another lb or 2.  

The neurologist appointment turned out to be in NEUROSURGERY!  I do not intend to have surgery.  However it was a very informative appointment.  The neurologist said that any Dr would look at my MRI and say I needed surgery.  He said they would have to fuse 8 discs to make my spine strong enough.  The surgery would be 6-7 hours and very intensive.  The recovery would be at least 7 months.  Of course I never intended to have surgery but it would be the last resort and I said so.  He agreed, particularly with my RA condition, and options are PT and injections, which I knew.  But now I understand about the surgery option...not an option unless I was bedridden and in enormous pain.  I will have the first injection February 5 and a follow-up appointment the 17th.  I was managing to walk pretty well on my own today but still need my walker because I can't hold up very long.  I had to have 6 New xrays today which wore me out trying to hold the pose of being upright.
The neurologist looked at my "bite" on my arm and said he couldn't help me but I should see someone about it!  DR's...  all he did was refer me to PT!  Just as I said...pass me off to the next one...

Can't think of much else to post now.  Watching new recorded OAK ISLAND shows.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/16 06:31:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Glad you had some outings, good food and company, and have the injection scheduled Twirley.  You do need to see someone for that bite. Especially if the redness is progressing.  Get that PT going too!

Work is crazy busy so must hurry.

Have a good day all!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/16 07:25:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Today it will be a nice sunny one here on the coast. Currently it is 49F at 7:43 with a high of 56 degrees.

Yesterday the appointment at the dermatologist was the highlight of my day. hee,hee  I was looking forward to a nap but it was too late once I got home. I believe I was in bed by 9:30 and slept like a log. Coffee tasting very good this AM.

Today is a stay inside day to avoid the sun. Doctor's office gave me a "Post Treatment Care" sheet and #1 on the list is DO NOT GO OUT IN THE SUN for the next 48 hours. This is due to the chemical still in the pores of my skin that burn off a layer(s) of skin; the sun will still activate that chemical. My face already looks like I was on the beach for a few hours. hee,hee

SoSo, thank you for the nice pictures. I believe I was just staring at that one of the table at LBV. Great memories there for many of us.  By the way, have you ever eaten a Blue Tang ? They taste absolutely..... OK OK....bad joke. Please have fun and watch where you are walking !!!!

PJ, I believe everyone is dreaming of the warm sun and sand. Come on May !

Yes Bob, that rake is built specifically to scoop the small crustaceans from the wet sand. Fishermen say that they are a great bait for Drum fish and other fish that are feeding this time of year.

Crunch, yes, it was fun. I did learn that most of the Chinese restaurants are closed on Mondays around here. There was one open for take-out only; no bueno.

Sounds like you a getting some help on your conditions, Holly. Keep getting stronger and see ya in May.

Debby finally called last night with updates on Lillie Mae. Hospital could not get her to eat Monday or Tuesday. She is clamping her teeth shut and does not want to cooperate. The hospital will send her back to the home when she can travel. The hope is that she will feel comfortable in a place she knows and will recognize the people that care for her every day and night. The Little Sisters of the Poor also has a section for hospice if that is the direction things go. Thank you for prayers, my friends.

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7518
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/16 08:55:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all.

C&C..yes, I do check in to the bc from time to time but not frequently or regularly...so please email me the details of your Florida trip.
Good luck with the stone. Ask for it back. You could make it into jewelry for Cindy. You can tell everyone you gave her a rock for Valentine's day.

Bernie... sorry about your mom's troubles. 

Crunch.. you too. Between your own health and Dad issues.  Ai Carumba.

Twirls.. .Sorry to hear your health is not improving as fast as you would like.  As a friend, I would very much recommend a therapist, if your insurance will cover it.

MB..keep getting better. 

George burns used to say, if I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. 
No time like the present. 

Soso..I am glad you are getting to enjoy the gogo retirement years. Not everyone gets the opportunity. Keep posting pics please.

Badger...so looking forward to a nice dinner at pescadores. And a beach crawl. 

Uphill..be careful out there.

Jamie..if you make it to PM, I will drag you and twirls along the beach with a horse and blanket like the Indians use to do.

Not much going on here. Nice weather but high season crowds.

Anyone I missed..Hola!

BB.. how's retired life? 

Bosco.

post edited by Bosco - 2019/01/16 09:19:15

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/16 09:15:31 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning.  11 and clear skies.  Will spend a few more hours today packing up the holiday decor.  Slow process but it keeps me busy.  

Bernie, maybe a good day to do some house cleaning.  Hope Lillie Mae responds more favorably with familiar surroundings.  My coffee is tasting might fine too this morning.

I am glad to hear you got out and met up with folks for a nice dinner.  I rather doubt you gained 1-2 pounds with one meal but if you can put on even one pound a week, that would be fabulous Holly.  As Crunch said, get that PT going and that bite checked out.

Cindy, I forgot to mention that I loved little DiDi's colorful dress.  Has she named her new pup yet?

Badger, looks like a good turn out for PoMo in May.

Bob, need a ski update.  

Make it a great day everyone.  MB

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/16 10:25:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!  
Blue sky and sunshine here.  High of 52F.  Nice!  
I have nada... big plans to keep that way.   

Crunch,  Yep!  Will be doing tax season again. 
SIL won't need me until beginning of Feb. 

Wishing all of you a great day!    

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/16 12:19:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi Bosco.  Thanks for the thoughts.  My health is great, it is just this benign cyst that is literally a PITA ha ha!

Supposed to be 60's today they said this morning and still only 46. What the heck?

Also, where the heck are Badger and C and C today?  Making me worried.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/16 13:06:46 (permalink)
Don't worry, Crunch, I'm here. Just got back from Costco and resting my left ankle. Still giving me lots of pain. I try to ignore it but sometimes I have to sit down and rest it. Plus, Costco is a lot of walking.

1:45 here, and Chris just now got home from his last infusion and removal of the pic line. He said no pain from the removal, but he had to sit there for quite awhile after they pulled it, I guess to make sure he was OK to drive, and that he wasn't going to faint or anything.  He is now napping on the couch. About the only comment he made to me was he was looking forward to shampooing his hair with 2 hands. Has to keep it bandaged for another 2 days, so I guess I still have to wrap it in saran wrap for his shower. I think I messed up and said his procedure was Wednesday next week, but it is Monday. And probably a few follow up visits, but for the most part the ordeal is done, thank goodness. Plus, I think he is cleared to enjoy an "adult beverage" this evening, so that will probably make him less grumpy.

Looks like we are going to get significant snow fall over the weekend, so I guess it is time to get my Toro snow shovel/blower out of the box.

Need to go and put the rest of the Costco haul away; enjoy the rest of the day, all.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/16 13:17:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Mayan Boar
Bob, need a ski update.  

Wow!!! What great conditions. Everything is covered with snow and the resort is 100% open. No, I have not skied everything, but my map is getting plenty of highlighter coverage! Today we did some tree runs and trails that are seldom open. 2 years ago, no way could I ski those areas. I hang around with a couple of very good skiers and they give me tips on what to do. And I get lots of practice. We have more snow coming tonight, Friday and a load on Sunday. We are all excited !!!! Every one of us!

Today's big accomplishment. I am in a beer league ski race competition. My goal is to clear 30 seconds. Some of you may remember I timed out at 30.01 seconds last time around. soooo close! Today I timed out at 27.30 seconds and 28.7 something on my two runs. Conditions play a huge part in that! Feeling pretty good about that!

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/16 16:05:02 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Glad to hear Chris has his surgery scheduled, am sure he will feel much better when it is over.

Holly, best wishes with the PT and injections, sure hope they bring you some relief. I hear you on the surgery thing.

crunch, when is your cyst removal scheduled for? Hope your dad is feeling better, would be nice if he could make a friend or two, maybe play cards like rummy or bridge or cribbage, even dominoes.

Bob, glad to hear you are enjoying your skiing, do you think you will break last year's record of number of days?

Bosco, always good to hear from you, hope you are surviving the snowbird invasion.

Beautiful pics SoSo, thanks.

Lots and lots of rain here since Saturday, also Monday through tomorrow midday, with a break this past Sunday when I made a break for it to run a few errands. Lots of rock and mudslides and road closures all over the state including major highways.
Just gonna stay hunkered down until maybe the weekend when we are supposed to hit low 70's.

Bernie, hope Lillie Mae improves so she can return to her home and get some food into her.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/17 06:26:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Jamie

Bob, glad to hear you are enjoying your skiing, do you think you will break last year's record of number of days?

Well, I am 4 or 5 days ahead of last years count, and the skiing is rather awesome, having a much better winter this year (or worse, depending upon your perspective, LOL!!!)

My skiing has improved greatly over the past couple years, and I am skiing more of the mountain. In fact, I was looking at the map and pondering which trails I'll hit today. I have one that I highlight each trail as I do them. (And sometimes I have to put a black X on the map... that's where I have fallen). And the snow is actually covering the trails, so I can do some I have had little opportunity or ability. It's such fun!!!!

And away I go! Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/17 06:43:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bobski - glad you are enjoying such great conditions.  Little doggie hanging in there?

Jamie - dad is a scrabble guy, but says everyone there is mean and over 100 which is clearly not true. Need to bite the bullet and call him today.  I just had to see a cardiologist for surgery clearance. BP and EKG great, but of course he wants an echo to see why the loud murmur before clearing me.  Thinks maybe the Fen-Phen I took decades ago may have caused some damage. Nothing imminent, but long term maybe.

Great news for Chris.  Yay on getting the PICC out and getting the procedure done soon.

Sounds like you are doing well MB.  Keep it up and hopefully you will be off the oxygen soon.  Sleeping better?
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/17 07:06:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
  Howdy and good morning to you.

A nice day mostly sunny day today. Current temp 37F at 7:39. Expected high 57 degrees.

Yesterday was laundry and some house cleaning. That was exciting. My new neighbor Chet dropped by to talk some. He was asking if I had seen any of the cats that belong to Diane, my other new neighbor. There were 7 of them that roamed around the neighborhood. They were all rescue cats. Some of them like to jump onto the hoods of cars parked outside at night. I have seen the paw prints. Anyway, I have no idea what happened to the cats. Blaine had called the County to set some traps; once trapped the County takes them to the pound. One can get them back for the $50 fine. We do have coyotes in the area.

Today I plan to do some grocery shopping. I will have to wear my big sun hat while outside.

No word about Lillie Mae yet.

Hey Joe.

You all know what today is; must go set the trash out.

Hi and Bye to all.
See ya,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/17 09:44:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I have no news and no changes.  Same old crap.  Going to my PCP today mostly about the bite but I'm going to beg for anything that can be done.  This is too much.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/17 10:03:04 (permalink)
Good Morning
Laundry done. For today, anyway. No big plans for the day, except some overdue repotting of a few plants. Messy job, but satisfying.

MB, forgot to answer you, but so far, Didi is just calling it Puppy. When it is in tail-wagging mode, the puppy makes a panting sound, alternating with a little "pet me" whine. I think Didi was imitating the panting sound. DIL says it is her favorite, not counting the mini trampoline. Budding gymnast, she is experimenting with alternating legs, and very close to doing the splits on that little trampoline. Interesting that she is coming up with this stuff, pretty sure she's never seen anyone doing a trampoline routine. The girl loves to jump!

Bosco, as things solidify, we'll let you know. This is my younger brother who is a Doc over in Michigan. They were going back and forth over "do we make all of her relatives drive to Illinois, or all of his relatives drive to Michigan?" Finally decided on the beach in Naples. Tentatively Mar. 23 or 24. This is his 3rd marriage, her second. We are all hoping 3rd time is a charm for him. But it would be great to see you while we're there.

Bernie, so this woman adopted 7 cats and just lets them roam outside? Somebody needs to tell her how many songbirds are killed each year by cats!

Chris went to work today, but hospital called and they want him to come in for an EKG before the procedure Monday. Gave the nurse his cell#, haven't heard anything back from him. 

Have a wonderful day, all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Page: << < ..886887888889890.. > >> Showing page 890 of 1018
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5