AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..886887888889890.. > >> Showing page 888 of 1005
Author
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/11 06:33:29 (permalink)
+2 (2)
For those of us of a certain age...this is hilarious..

https://www.msn.com/en-us...BS3IkS?ocid=spartandhp

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/11 06:53:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Great news on that little girl. I always thought some jerk killed the parents so he could take her. Hope she heals and can get a life back.

New office feels very weird. Almost like I have a whole new job at a new place.

Unpacking to do!
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/11 08:31:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Friday Clubbers

Bernie...I'm sorry. (((hugs))) from Kentucky.

I think I have or had the flu this week. Going to the doctor this afternoon. This would be twice in a few years I have gotten it and also taken the flu shot. Has me thinking.

Frank...CBD didn't help my Mom at all.

Have a great weekend everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/11 10:11:39 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all
I've been fortunate because I haven't had a really bad morning for about a week BUT...TODAY HAS BEEN HIDEOUS.  I could hardly roll over in bed to get the pain pills.  I woke at 5:42 and knew immediately that it was going to be bad.  Reached for the pills and let out something between a moan and a scream.  Chili cat jumped and ran.  Pearl barked.  Margarita also jumped and split because she sleeps right next to the bed and knows from experience that I'll probably fall and land on her.  I didn't fall because I had my walker parked where I could grab it.  I knew I'd have walk it off but I had to pee.  I headed for the toilet.  Pearl had left her new stuffed alligator toy in the bathroom floor and I had a hard time getting the walker over it.  Of course I ran over the squeaker in it and it let out a loud protest which set Pearl into barking mode.  It's hard to sit down when you can't put any weight on a hip joint and I was thinking how great it is to be able to stand and pee like men do.  I finally walked enough to lessen the pain and let the meds kick in.  I played back down and dozed hoping it would be better later.  It wasn't.  I forced myself to go push the coffee button, turn on the TV and fireplace then down the hall to feed the cats.  I managed to do that and it was easing up by the time I got back to pour my coffee and let the dogs out.  WHEW.  

Bernie,  let us know...

Bimmy, it would be wonderful if you and Adrianne would join us.  However this is not the "wild crowd" that you normally hang with.  Most of us are stay at Hacienda Morelos, beachfront just south of the square.  It's pretty cheap and includes a limited menu of breakfast items.  I personally think it's a great location and a good hotel.  Rooms are like the old ABR rooms with limited furnishings, hard beds but a good bathroom.  There is a TV but worthless unless you are fluent in Spanish.  Also a small pool, small but nice beach area and they offer beach service for drinks etc.  The restaurant is pretty good too.  And with the new Chedruari across the street, I don't think the location can be beat.  Beach and pool lounges are sparse but I might cross the street and buy myself one!  See you there!

I hadn't heard about the girl.  Thank the LORD that she is alive.  I feared the worst and happy it isn't so.

MB, hope you are getting better fast.

Hi to Frank, BB, and all.

SOSO, keep us updated on your trip, weather, and sargassum.

We have cold temperatures and sprinkling rain.  The weather guessers have no idea of what all conditions will be except we will have a wintery mix today and change to snow tonight.  I'm not planning to go out for a few days.  

Thankfully, Pearl is already napping with her new toy in the bed with her so I'll have breakfast and hope that I won't have to play fetch anytime soon.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/11 11:37:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Gray sky and winter temps are back.  May see a few snow flakes by tomorrow morning.
Getting a late start here.  Yard patrol took forever...so many interesting areas to sniff. 
The cat was being a distraction.  Using lil dog for a vaulting box.  The pets were enjoying themselves.
I was freezing!  LOL    Wood stove is stoked for next couple of hours.  Can finally sit down and enjoy
a cup of coffee.  So thankful the girl was found in Wisconsin.  She has been in my prayers for a long time.   

Bernie,  Thinking of you.  Hugs

Bimmy,   Please join us in PoMo.  Hotel is right on the beach.  Not expensive.  
Enjoy your time in Cozumel diving.

Uphill,  have fun on slopes.  

BeachBilly,  sorry you have not been feeling well.  This flu is awful.
SJ keeps asking me about going to the symphony gala and a favorite fundraiser of ours that we never miss.
Huh.. no thanks.  Feeling pretty good right now.  Don't want to catch a cold or the flu going out among the masses.  
Hopefully you will get some help from doctor and feel better soon.  Hugs

MB,  in answer to your question.  It just did.  Yeah!  Now we can get SJ ready to retire if that is what he wants. 
He still hasn't decided.  Getting him down to one job has left his type A personality feeling guilty like
he is not doing enough.  To which I say....Take a nap dude!  You've earned it! 
Glad you are feeling better.  Those portable oxygen machines are so much easier to use these days.
One of my nephews has been on oxygen for years.  I remember my sis waiting for delivery of tanks.
Then more innovations were made.  So people could be more mobile. 
These days nephew has electric wheelchair with oxygen machine made to fit right into it.  
Which wasn't the case for many years.    

post edited by PJamigo - 2019/01/11 13:10:26

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/11 12:19:50 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Would a raised toilet seat help Twirley?  Sorry for that awful morning.

Smart PJ - avoid those germs!
Susy
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3240
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/11 13:41:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch
Would a raised toilet seat help Twirley?  Sorry for that awful morning.

Smart PJ - avoid those germs!

Crunch, that's a great suggestion!!!  Holly, a toilet riser seat would be so much easier ~ some even have handles! 

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/11 18:40:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good  evening.  Still a mild 30.  Quiet day here.  Got the recycle and garbage bins out early.  Rested off and on during the course of the day and managed to get all the Christmas dishes downstairs and repacked into their respective boxes.  Yeah, baby steps.  Christine will be out again tomorrow.  I gotta get to the bank, vets for Rx food and pick up an Rx for myself.  All the heavy duty antibiotics have messed up my system resulting in a yeast infection.  Pulmonary appointment on the 30th.  I should be in great shape by then if I continue to improve at this pace.

PJ, sweet way to end the week!  Should be interesting to see what SJ decides to do.  Sure would be nice if you two could hang more and enjoy that nice pontoon with your daughter and her man friend.

Cindy, I am hoping niece can get all the xerox boxes down from upstairs closet and then I can chip away packing holiday decor up.  The tree will be the last item to deal with.  Glad to hear the Toyota  was maintenance.  Did you get a recall on the air bag or was it a sensor issue?

Jamie, I'm curious when you had a possible mild stroke and if you saw your doctor?  Pretty scary if you ask me.  Sending hugs your way.   

Badger, yes that's what the rocks are called.  Enjoy boat drinx.  Grateful that Jayme had the courage to escape.  Best news ever.

Twirls, happy to hear you are putting on some weight. 

Bob, have a great time in Coz.

Thinking of you Bernie.  Hugs.

Struggling to remember what everyone posted earlier.  Happy Friday evening.  MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 05:14:17 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
Fun Boatdrinx last night!
MB, since Chris started the infusions, which is a heavy-duty antibiotic, his system got REALLY messed up. He was talking on the phone one evening  with his sister Clara. Several years ago she had brain surgery (a tumor they suspect was the result of a long ago car wreck). Also involved heavy-duty antibiotics, and her doctors put her on "Florastor". Chris ordered it on line that night, a Saturday, and it arrived on Monday. He did ask the people doing the infusions about it, and they agreed it was probably the best pro-biotic out there. It only took a day or two to start making a difference for the better. You might want to get some.

While skyping last night, I showed P&B the little toy dog for Didi. Turned it on to show the tail wag and the barking, and their smaller Golden, Abby, started looking around for the mystery dog. Can't wait to give it to Didi.

Praying for little Jayme. I'm sure she has gone through hell these past 3 months. I hope the family she has left can get her into some counseling/therapy, but Barron, Wi. is a very small town and I doubt they have the resources there. Told P&B last night I think it would be wonderful if Elizabeth Smart would reach out to Jayme, at the very least it would show her there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Holly, I suspect some of the spike in your pain levels can be blamed on the storm system going through; I know I can tell when the barometer is jumping around, especially in my hands where the arthritis is particularly visible and concentrated. Power through it my friend, better days will come back. (and the raised toilet seat IS a good idea)

Everyone have a beautiful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 05:20:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Wild Crowd, it's Saturday.

MB, I'm so glad that you are doing better!

Twirls, I hope you can continue to improve, GO CHIEFS!!

I had a nice talk with Bimmy yesterday, sure hope he can make it in May. MB, I wish you would consider joining us!

Has anyone talked to Bernie?

Fun Boat Drinx last night, but Chris's hair is getting a little shaggy.

Wag more....bark less.
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 06:09:32 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Saturday Football!

We are snow covered , 32 degrees with WC in the 20's.  It's a great day for a football game.

Bernie  so sorry about your Mom

Jamie... have you talked to a doctor

Twirls  I hate that you have to wait so long for improvement.  and Crunchie's suggestion for a raised toilet seat might make a big difference.  Listen to our LG nurse! Worth a try anyways. 
or, you could get one of these https://go-girl.com/

MB  Glad to read you are starting to feel better. 

BB Hope you are feeling better. 

Cindy, Didi is going to love that little dog.   And Elizabeth Smart is very involved in those types of situations.  I wouldn't be surprised if she reaches out to her. I'm so glad they found her.  

Our winter storm started yesterday with rain.  Now we have snow-- i think they are calling for 4 inches by the time it's done?  Maybe we have 4 inches now.  I'm only half listening to the news.  Temps just at or above freezing.  Great day for a football game.  
Football Saturday!!  It feels like a holiday here!  I'm excited, but, I'm just trying to remain calm. KC is all painted red, the media is going crazy.. as in talking about the Super Bowl, which I hate when they do that.  Let's just talk about the game in front of us... This is where we usually choke, but then again, this time we have Mahomes and a great team that work together.
Go Chiefs! 

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 07:51:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
My nasal swab was negative but my doctor is treating it as the flu as my symptoms are spot on. Picked up Tamilfu and some cough medicine. I have never been this sick in my life. It's like my worst ever hangover on steroids.

Had some snow last night. Will spend the day on the couch snoozing.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 09:04:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

BB, I'm so sorry that you are suffering so badly.  Wishing you fast recovery and better days ahead.

Crunch, I'm sure you had mornings that were just as bad with your cyst.  I do have raised handicap toilets in each bathroom.  It doesn't matter how high the seat is, because the problem is putting any weight on the hip.  Sitting on any surface isn't good but a hard toilet seat is worse, particularly when I just get up and need to walk it out.  Naturally when I first get up, I have to pee, so it's bad just because everything is stiff and hurting from being in bed all night.  It eases up once I walk a while.
Of course I can't have just one issue...I discovered that I must have been bitten by something.  My left arm is swollen, red and hot.  It's on the backside by me elbow so I can't see it well.  In the mirror it looks like I can see a darker spot with two tiny puncture marks.  Jaymie came and looked and she confirms the spot with possible bite marks.  I have no idea what caused it but it has my whole arm swollen compared to the other arm.  I see the neurologist Monday so I'll ask him.  I don't think I'm running a temperature but the arm is HOT to the touch.  One area has a large lump even more swollen than the rest.  I was using my forearms to lean on the walker but I can't now with that arm.

We were spared the snow but have had a lot of rain.  Just a mile or so east of us, it's an ice storm with downed trees and power outages.

No plans today other than football.  I may make a pot of chilli.  
Everyone please cheer for the CHIEFS!    Post season Chiefs games give me SOMETHING to look forward to.  Once they are out, it will be very blah for the rest of January and February.
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 09:16:55 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Buenas Dias es Sabado 

We are enjoy our time connecting with new and old friends in the hood.  Have had a few visitors on the beach, Mr Pelicano, some topless woman sunning her boobs and the Jamina Familia whom so far have been parked on the beach for a few days in their motorhome.  Mosey'd to La Lunita for their Atun mango seasame tuna and HH 2 x 1 margs yesterday, which was thoroughly enjoyed.  The sunlight was beckoning me to take some photos in the mangrove, fabulous colours.  Bolted outta there, only a few skeeter/whatever bites, well worth it.  

BeBe thinking of you and Lillie Mae ox

Twirls glad you are eating well, I am sure you know the food groups that trigger RA inflammation.  Eat on!  You may want to consider a panic watch/necklace monitoring system, incase you fall and can't get up or a lanyard with your phone.  

Badge those are the plastic rotary phones, the older original blacks are heavy...  Don't think Twirley would be on it as much... (had to darling  :-)

MB the two crazy MX guys sharpened the kitchen knives yesterday, we all had a goofy chuckle! Played a game of knive darts, then we thinly sliced a great mx tomato for our sandwich.(brought down miracle whip) was fabulous. Baby steps for you - hang in there, I know it hurts. Cinnamon and honey.

Hola Bimmy your travel plans with the BCrs sounds kewl, Badger is da man - Congrats.

Hey Crunch, nice to be away from the 'new' office.  Lifes friggin adjustments.

Jamie talk to your Dr. 

Chris does WHAT?  manicures...  That's our El Presidente :) multitasking again.

Get cracking was every fathers saying Cindy LOL, good memories.

BB hope you feel better soon, that flu is a bugger -  it will out think you. 

PJ hope SJ can navigate retirement, for some it's very difficult.  Is your job jar full?  Nice to hear you are feeling better.  You should have seen me on the plane disinfecting our area - still have the N95's we carried on from the swine flu era ... LOL

JJ enjoy the atmosphere, I'm sure the game will be a gooder.

Everyone else make it a great day.

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 10:15:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Uh, SoSo? Just to clarify things, Badger was talking about Holly's helper guy Chris. I wouldn't let my Chris anywhere near my fingernails or toenails. El Presidente does NOT do manicures.
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/01/12 12:37:00

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 15:05:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger, I forgot to comment on your video.  That's pretty funny... Kind of makes me feel like an old timer. LOL

I just woke up from a nap. I shoveled snow at 8:30 this morning.  Looking at my patio table, I'm guessing we have 5-6 inches of heavy, wet snow and it's still snowing. 
Naps make me feel groggy when I wake up.  I threw on a pot of coffee and called Mr JJ to see where he was. Just coming back from the grocery store and just happened to be driving past Bubbles.  I told him I needed a little something-something for my coffee.  He called me back and asked if I want Baileys or Kahlua.. Tough decision, but I chose Kahlua.  

Getting close to game time.  I'm starting to feel like a kid on Christmas morning!  

Go Chiefs!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3795
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 15:41:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi BBilly, sorry to hear you are so sick. Hope the medicine helps you get better soon. Take care.

SoSo, glad you are having a wonderful time, tomato sandwich sounds awfully good, be months before we get good fresh tomatoes here, so no BLTs for awhile (too cold here anyway).

Cindy, I had to laugh at the story of Paul's dog barking and getting confused with your toy dog for DiDi.

PJ, good luck to you and SJ with whatever he decides. Maybe some part time work, to give him something to do?

Twirls, chili sounds good, sorry to hear about the nasty bite on top of your other problems.

jj, OK I will cheer for the Chiefs if you will cheer for the Rams (sorry crunch).

Speaking of crunch, isn't her operation sometime soon? She deserves a break.

Lots of rain this am early, almost 3/4" with another storm due Monday. Have a call in to my nephew, $20 if he will run 2 quick errands for me. LA drivers forget every year how to drive in the rain.

About the medical issue, if anything happened it was almost 3 years ago and I did go to the ER and it still would not change the outcome of me being stuck with this walker. I did have an EKG a few years ago and it was all normal, did not go back for the other two tests because I did not like the cardiologist they sent me to.
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 17:31:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 17:33:02 (permalink)
+2 (2)

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 17:34:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 17:35:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The start of a family adventure, what FUN

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 18:05:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
BB - fluids and rest.

Twirley - urgent care for antibiotic assistance. Shouldn't wait.

JJ- looking good so far!😁

Jamie - cardiologist next week for clearance because of a stupid heart murmur. Thank you for your nice words.

Go Cowboys! Prayers and miracles appreciated
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 18:18:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  32 and another beautiful day.  Had a nice visit with Christine and got the list of things accomplished.  Played some backgammon and she needed to scoot as she was meeting up for a late lunch with her Mom and one of our brothers.  

SoSo, that motor home has seen some miles and countries.  Glad you are enjoying those tropical sea breezes.  I cracked up about the knife sharpening.  I would have to see to believe it.

Badger, I did watch the rotary phone video.  Life has certainly changed.

Cindy, I'll check that Florastor out.  

JJ, have fund watching the game(s).  

BeachBilly, I would really take it easy so it doesn't escalate into something else.  Lots of rest and fluids.  Take care.

Twirls, have that bite checked out.  Spider?  Just one more thing....sorry.

Jamie, thinking of you.

Bernie, you are in our thoughts and prayers.  Hugs.

Crunchie, you snuck in.  I shall be cheering for the Cowboys.   

Stay safe for those in the storm's path.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2019/01/12 18:23:03

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 19:55:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all
I liked the KC game!  I'm trying to stay awake for the Dallas / Rams game.  Having a hard time keeping my eyes open.

Regarding my swollen red arm and a possible bite of some kind, unless I start having a fever or the arm gets worse, I will wait until Monday to have it seen.

Not much else going on.
maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2547
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/12 21:26:28 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hola, everyone. Just now catching up from almost two weeks of MIA. And I've missed oh so much!!

Prayers to Deb, your family and you, Bernie. Peace to Lilli Mae.

How disappointing to be down for the holidays, MB, and end up with pneumonia! Glad you are feeling stronger and better each day.

And you too, Chris! That was way worse than the stone issue I dealt with years ago...

Grandkids are getting big, Cindy. Our outside lights are still up. Sweetie put all of Xmas away, including ditching the tree outside, just before NYs. I was in Trenton, NJ for an event....

Yeah, wouldn't wait on getting the bite checked, Holly. Sonny had a large red spot on his thigh for a couple weeks. Never saw the tick, but it ended up being advanced lyme. Sorry you didn't get your ride with Roxanne the other day, but sounds like you are feeling better and more mobile, and that's good to hear! Think Spring! That Pearl; you can't keep a good dog down.

Still thinking of you too, Crunch...and your dad. What a nightmare coming home after spending the holidays in SD! And so hoped that your dad was finally settling in. You need to concentrate on you the next few weeks.

Sj will certainly need "projects" or pt work if he can't shake the type A😏 SC is lucky to have Super Parents; moving a household is a pain.

Thanks for the pictures, Soso, but......you're a Brat.❤️Xoxo

Birthday wishes to Seth, Didi and Daniel .
As a youngster, the family tugged a canvas pop-up to the Bay of Fundy and onto NS. Amazing countryside! I remember "skating" on the mud flats and digging necked clams.

Loved your post, Susy!

JJ, Our last snow storm was a bust, careful to those having to move this stuff. The last "snow" was 2" of sleet and wet snow... now frozen solid. 8F this AM, high of 19, and high of 23 tomorrow.

Going to post this before it disappears....
My heartfelt New Year wishes to you all!

Page: << < ..886887888889890.. > >> Showing page 888 of 1005
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5